• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
5* ticket = 1st Kurasame
2x 10+1 tickets, 5+1 ticket, 4x EX, 3x 4* Ex = 1st Tiana

Tiana seems pretty crappy without a dupe to chain her earth move with, and she's certainly not going to be shared in the future. Even the TM is pretty bad, so not gonna bother trying for a second one. Shame since she's pretty adorable.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Holding on to all of this ex stuff until the xmas units leave, they really dont look like something I'd be glad to get.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
10+1 = nothing
5+1 = nothing
First two steps of old holiday unit step up = WKN #1
Random 4* ticket on old holiday banner = Kryla #1
5* EX ticket = WKN #2!

Wow. What a fantastic day for pulls!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't get any rainbows for all my tix other than the guaranteed 5* which was Aloha Lasswell.

So now I got Aloha and Dracu Lasswells that I could potentially 7* with the GL UoC, are either of them worth it? I see that I can 100% evade either of them but not sure if their kits do anything that would make use of that

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up throwing 60 some tickets at the old Christmas banner; came out with a second Kryla and my first WKN(will almost assuredly FFUOC the second). I'm still a bit sad that I don't have 7* Christine; but being honest with myself that was probably the best way those pulls could've ended.

Edit:
Didn't get any rainbows for all my tix other than the guaranteed 5* which was Aloha Lasswell.

So now I got Aloha and Dracu Lasswells that I could potentially 7* with the GL UoC, are either of them worth it? I see that I can 100% evade either of them but not sure if their kits do anything that would make use of that
I don't think they do anything in particular with evade, but I think Dracu was supposed to have came out fairly well in addition to having access to the next big chain family; so he should last you longer than Aloha.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt realize EX tickets could give banner units, just pulled a 5* Felix...

now im tempted to get greedy and try for a second, but IDK how useful he'd be....
He's probably the most lackluster unit they pushed for a seasonal since DPS have lifespans of fruit flies because some heavy hitters are gonna drop not too long from now.

5* EX gave me Yuna #3

10 + 1 gave me Beryl. Can I do something with that unit?
I think he can mage chain and break at 6* his gear options may be a hurdle.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think they do anything in particular with evade, but I think Dracu was supposed to have came out fairly well in addition to having access to the next big chain family; so he should last you longer than Aloha.
Yeah, he's limited and Aloha isn't afaik, so that's definitely where I'm leaning, thanks

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Been off this game for a while, where are you guys getting those tickets?

Also, if I already have both Christine and Kryla Which one's dupe should I get to 7 star it?

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Been off this game for a while, where are you guys getting those tickets?

Also, if I already have both Christine and Kryla Which one's dupe should I get to 7 star it?
Really depends on what you have. If you have no 2B, Loren or Lid, then Kryla's a better pick. If you do... Kryla might still be the better pick.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Well, 10+1 ticket gave me my 7th Fry and the 5* EX my 2nd LM Fina so that at least was good. I pulled with tickets on the old Christmas units banner for bonus units and got 2 Christines and a WKN which is insane. I hope my luck doesn't run out too soon haha.

I think I'll try to use Christine more as a support for Kurasame but I still need to figure out a team comp that works around that.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's probably the most lackluster unit they pushed for a seasonal since DPS have lifespans of fruit flies because some heavy hitters are gonna drop not too long from now.

I think he can mage chain and break at 6* his gear options may be a hurdle.
Thank god that saved me wasted time.

Makes the wait for Ignacio smoother

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe I've seen so many of the big streamers nutting themselves over this guy, like come on get a grip he is going to be nonexistent in a month. At least in Claic has been vocal on stream and in his unit review video about power creep and these types of marginal, seasonal units disappearing from friends lists.

Even with all these player-friendly banners, limited/GL UoCs making it easier to get some of these limited time units, I still NEVER go out of my way to chase these. I simply have too deep a box as it is and as a mostly F2P player it's way more useful IMO to hoard for meta shifting units.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
PSA:

Todays login moogle is 50%!

Next 3 moogles most likely will be 50% each. So look them before using!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really falling out of love with this game. I'll start getting motivated to gather some lapis and some summon tickets, start getting into the game again and then do an absurdly expensive 10+1 pull, get all blues and golds and instantly nope out of the game again because I lose motivation

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really falling out of love with this game. I'll start getting motivated to gather some lapis and some summon tickets, start getting into the game again and then do an absurdly expensive 10+1 pull, get all blues and golds and instantly nope out of the game again because I lose motivation
*Hugs* hang in there if ya can! Any units you looking forward to?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
*Hugs* hang in there if ya can! Any units you looking forward to?
The only one I'm really looking forward to is Chow's 7* awakening (which thankfully i can get for free thanks to the Fan Festa UOC tickets)
I really wanted Sieghard but failed at that.
I'd like to get Sora so I might try saving for that.

I think after the Kingdom Hearts event I'm going to have to seriously consider if I want to continue playing this game. Dragalia Lost is a lot more fun to me right now and is way fairer and has a much better, more generous company than this one.

We are lucky to get a single ex summon ticket or 100 lapis at a time in this game, meanwhile in Dragalia Lost there was a slight issue with the stats of 2 of the gacha units, the community didn't even know about it. And they gave everyone:
A free multipull ticket
1500 Wyrmrite (exactly enough for a multipull)
And 1000 Wyrmrite if you had pulled on the banner at least once.

They are also giving out around 4000 Wyrmrite over the christmas period and have given us a 5* guaranteed character ticket and we get a free multipull for every single event.

And that game has an always increasing pity rate if you don't get a rainbow from a pull. Even if I fail a multipull I know my next one has a higher chance, no matter how small that chance is and that makes a big difference for motivation

Meanwhile this game has so so many 5*, there's really no excuse to not have a guaranteed 5* on every 10+1 summon at this point. Especially since the pulls are so damn expensive and they are so stingey with giving us stuff.

The difference is really night and day and it's making me realize that this game could be so much better

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Ah I see. Yeah I feel ya on that. Helps that I have a main squeeze with Gacha games, that being FFRK. So whenever I'm blah on FFBE it's not as pronounced as it could be I suppose.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Merry Christmas, EXVIUS fam! Hope you all are enjoying time with loved ones and received some nice gifts you wanted

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Merry Christmas all!

I managed to do the latest Chamber of Arms with all rewards, might see if I can take on Scorn of the Marching Beasts (my last Chamber of Indignant fight) or catch up on the story as the new part is coming soon, hmm.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
in other news: Its already almost here! KH Collab starts on the 28th! (Reddit post bout collab youtube announcment vid)

24k laps, x4, with no safety net. Lovely. That's going to be a pass from me on this one. A single free 10+1 on banner alone, isn't going to cut it.

But, wait, there's more!

Note the end time of the event, on a maintenance. Which means that another raid is immediately following the KH raid...

Over/under on triple back-to-back-to-back limited banners, anyone?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The feel of delayed regular Mog King events, man I'm not seeing Golbez until May now.
(FF VII January -> FF III February -> FF X March -> FF Tactics April -> FF IV May)

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, the in-game news confirms that Sora/Cloud will be boosted to JP levels down the line. Good for those pulling on the banner. Meanwhile I continue hoarding for a run at FF7.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
New story update and new chapter in Nichol's harem.
Still weird that Citra completely forget Raegen after finally being able to stay near him, and then Folka is his ancestor ffs!

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
New story update and new chapter in Nichol's harem.
Still weird that Citra completely forget Raegen after finally being able to stay near him, and then Folka is his ancestor ffs!
700+ years of family is a lot more removed than, well, siblings or even several generational cousins. doesn't make it right but takes a bit of the "ewwwww" out of it.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't been able to connect to the game for the last 13/14 hours or so. I managed to get in after repeated attempts to get my login bonus last night but I'm getting absolutely nowhere this morning.

People are being advised to just reinstall the game, which is bullshit and I'm not doing that.

necrolysis

Prophet of Truth
Jul 25, 2018
Haven't been able to connect to the game for the last 13/14 hours or so. I managed to get in after repeated attempts to get my login bonus last night but I'm getting absolutely nowhere this morning.

People are being advised to just reinstall the game, which is bullshit and I'm not doing that.

I was able to connect about 2 hours ago, but not now. I figured all the KH fans were just hammering the servers lol. And yeah, screw reinstalling.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Came here hoping to find confirmation something was wrong, and yay, it's not just me!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I actually managed to make my pulls.
10+1 was nothing but EX 5* was Citra, now I have 7* Citra (I failed to get it from 11k).

Also before I was being kicked out of game I managed to burn 5 raid orbs. After 3 orbs I got daily mission popup.

Seems they have some problems outside of new story translations too :)

Screenshot_20181228-104112.png

Freebie 10+1 & G5 tix.

Screenshot_20181228-100227.png
Screenshot_20181228-100911.png

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I love how they are saying this connection issue is due to high traffic of people logging in for the event when I was having the same connection problems all yesterday too, which they refused to acknowledge.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Idk what to do about this stupid Christmas tree. Is there any way to dispel his damage resistance buffs? Also I don't think I have any units that prevent or cure stop since I never pulled Ayaka

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Idk what to do about this stupid Christmas tree. Is there any way to dispel his damage resistance buffs? Also I don't think I have any units that prevent or cure stop since I never pulled Ayaka
If you can level 3-Star Lakshmi to Level 43, she can do it. (It's a ton of supercite, though, if you don't have a stockpile.)

I think she loses her mitigation after 4 fire attacks below 30%. Above that, I think non-elemental's the way to go, if I'm reading this right.

Free pull and 5* Ex got me my 2nd CG Lasswell and my 1st Fohlen. Oh well, I hear CG Lasswell gets pretty great when enhancements hit.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
So I got on and did my pulls.
Free 10+1 got me nothing.
The 5* ex ticket got me Sieghard finally (Yesss!)

Did 4 steps of the KH banner,
First step gave me my 4th Hyoh for his STMR
Second step gave me my 3rd Nalu
Third step gave me my 4th Fohlen for his STMR
4th gave me nothing.

Also did a bunch of ticket pulls and got nothing.

So while I'm disappointed that I didn't get Sora or Cloud yet, I really can't complain with the stuff I did pull. Gonna scrounge up some lapis for the final step that I can at least get a KH unit

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So broken by my pulls last night.

Got a free Sora in the free 10+1. Awesome!
Then did the 5* EX ticket. Ellesperis. Whatever.
My step-up pulls were a disaster. All five steps got me a KH Cloud, and no second Sora.
Did 30+ more ticket pulls as well, and walked away with a second KH Cloud, my third Dark Knight Cecil, my third Duke, my third Loren, my third regular Cloud, and a fourth CG Lasswell.

I'm so fucking pissed off and disappointed.

Last edited: