• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Used some NRG pots to get the second 5* ticket and I got 3rd OK and 3rd Orlandeau out of it.
I have no bonus unit for the holiday event...

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
As I did the 9500 points and got enough spins (16) -> from 40 spins reward grabbed 10+1 ticket (it was not premium, compensation incoming).
Slots were nice this time, got Bahamut to show twice.

Screenshot_20191219-220936.png
Screenshot_20191219-220948.png

Shitton of pulls and some rainbows (Ex4* was rainbow too).

10+1 & 5+1 (another was dud).

Screenshot_20191219-221307.png
Screenshot_20191219-221444.png

^^
40 spin reward was regular 10+1 that gave 5th Yuna. Another 5+1 gave 3rd Fashion drama queen Kain.

Screenshot_20191219-223018.png
Screenshot_20191219-223050.png

^^
4* Ex tix first Eiko and G5 was 5th Chair Rain (a.k.a. Chrain).

Also the 4000k bundle with 10 Jolly tickets gave one rainbow and it was 6th LOLive.
Alot of rainbows but as pool is so huge and we need either 2 or 4 (or 8) not so great but free is a free, cant complain too much.

In Jolly Holly tickets one Burst pot started as Blue crystal...

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Going to pass on the Christmas event, I don't have the characters for it and focus on getting the 60k ticket on the other event. I don't have the character space for them. I could free up space by converting my extra 5* units into crystals. I have 7 units ready to go 7* but lack the Gil to convert them.

I have to cash in my Chocobo tickets as well. Might do that tonight

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
The fuck is up with this christmas event? This boss resists every element (and non element) so I can't one turn kill him, the only bonus units I can use are the shitty old 3-4 star Xmas units but none of the 5-star ones and then the raid summon takes 300 currency per pull instead of 100? Is this actually a joke? AND it's overlapping with the MK event? This has to be one of the all time worst events in this game right I'm not just imagining things

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
The fuck is up with this christmas event? This boss resists every element (and non element) so I can't one turn kill him, the only bonus units I can use are the shitty old 3-4 star Xmas units but none of the 5-star ones and then the raid summon takes 300 currency per pull instead of 100? Is this actually a joke? AND it's overlapping with the MK event? This has to be one of the all time worst events in this game right I'm not just imagining things

i have managed to finally start 1 turn killing that damned elf on LGD.
Using Kryla, Elena, and Kurasame. Kryla uses impending Doom and calamity brew. Elena and Kurasame chain ice. Rest of the units are bonus.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
My Repeat/Reload LGD strat is just Noctis geared for LB + Spirit Killer with an Ice Weapon and Auron doing his CD. Roy's CD is identical, btw.

Repeat on Bonus Waves, Reload on Boss and Auron CD -> Noctis LB.

2 Santa Rosa's, 1 Gilbert for Bonus units.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
i have managed to finally start 1 turn killing that damned elf on LGD.
Using Kryla, Elena, and Kurasame. Kryla uses impending Doom and calamity brew. Elena and Kurasame chain ice. Rest of the units are bonus.
Ugh don't have any of those. Only ice chainer I have I think is the OG Fry and I haven't invested anything in her

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, just swinging by to say happy holidays everyone. Good to see some of the ogs still around. Hope you're all doing well.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
CG Dark Fina is earlier than I expected. Wow, got 45k lapis.... I last pulled for Operative Zyrus because I thought she wasn't coming for awhile. Well, I hope to god I can pull at least enough to 7 star her. Tbh, I really do want her stmr so I might stmr moogle her. Not sure about it though.

Man, the grind is just so real right now with these two events....

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Merry Xmas people! Hope you all got something decent from the freebies. Got 10th beryl, 4th VoD, 5th cloud and 6th aurora fryevia today.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Halfway through the holiday event and I didn't have enough currency to summon half the boxes, so I decided to summon a 3* or 4* bonus unit and my first ticket gave me Felix.
What a waste of a limited rainbow, he's not even a bonus unit, didn't get buffs/awakening despite releasing last year...
Of course I'm never going to be able to 7* him, unless he gets crazy buff on Holiday 2020

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
WoL is coming next week confirmed! Once again sad that Garland is free otherwise he would have been the next Golbez for me (pulling 6)

Edit : one battle of the new trial type was easily done in 4 turns, the other took 15.

2d3805fe-8506-4be4-96vijjb.png

Last edited:

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I had fun winging it for awhile on the fixed trials. Took a bit but got them down! Used all my 5 star tix and 10+1's and did pretty well. Notables were probably Luneth #4 and first CG Terra.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
The fixed party trials are the best content they've released since a lot of time, everyone can play them, it's a showcase of units, you don't have to waste time gearing an entire party or finding the right friend, it only costs 5 nrg, the rewards are way better than I thought, there's an involvement from the whole community. Keep them coming.

Too bad the CWA frames sucks and you can't chain them with some devices, I mean I was going to pull for WLFina because I want a new mage, but since I can't chain CWA frames on my phone she's basically useless for me. Fix this Gumi.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Got some nice pulls on CG Dark Fina. Unfortunately I blew half my lapis bit i'm okay with that because I really wanted her. Probably my favourite FFBE character next to Folka story wise.

Step up for 25k... I did the whole thing and it gave me only 1 and the guaranteed one. I 7*'d her. Got a bit greedy and did the rate up Dark Fina pull which got me a 3rd. I then decided to UoC the last prism. So I've got like 20k lapis left which isn't much but sometimes you have to make sacrifices with the pulls you want! Seems the STMR was really needed for me, imo since I have shite all in terms of good whips for her.

5* ticket results and King Mog were a bit disappointing. Both 10+1 tickets also gave me nothing... even the won I got in the holiday ticket pulls.

Here are the 5* I got from the tickets I was saving: Sol #2 (Happy since I 7* him), Veritas of the light #2 (7*), Cid #1, Duke #2, Beowulf #3, Zeno #2 (7*), Veritas of the dark #1. I was hoping to get a Tsukiko dupe or Elena for their stmrs but oh well. Holiday pull gave me Malphasie #2 and Rem #2. I 7* them both.

It's been a pretty nice Christmas for pulls I guess but I'm honestly not sure what I want to chase next. Time to save for the next huge meta unit I guess. I also hope Season 3 starts soon because I enjoy the story believe it or not lol.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I used up about 40 tickets and got 1 Fina. Might try pulling for another. I'm saving my lapis and UoC for WoL next week.

The last week has been good with rainbows for me. I've gotten:

Sylvie x 2
Kunshira x 1
Yuna x 1
Chocobo Fina x 3
Folka x 2
Jecht x 1
P.S Rydia x 3 (I have four now - not sure if to STMR)

Edit: and I just got a fifth Auron. I have 38 tickets left. I'm gonna burn them for Fina.

Aaaaaand four tickets later and I get my 2nd Fina. Awesome! That means I'll have 34 tickets and 25k lapis first WoL next week.

Last edited:

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got Squall from my 5* login ticket. He's so bad. I guess its a sign for me to quit.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This Christmas event is absolutely awful. I'm even getting one shot on ELT difficulty randomly if I push a hp threshold. This is worse than the Halloween event by a long mile and I dont want the Christmas units.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
This Christmas event is absolutely awful. I'm even getting one shot on ELT difficulty randomly if I push a hp threshold. This is worse than the Halloween event by a long mile and I dont want the Christmas units.

Last Christmas was same bullshit. Now this is easier if one has right units. I can one hit kill Elf with Regina but yea bs event.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017

Did you get Gentiana from the FFXV event? I'm one-shotting him (double cast Snow-Covered and Infinite Icebreaker) with her on ELT since he is weak to ice, use World Destoyer on another character just in case.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Did you get Gentiana from the FFXV event? I'm one-shotting him (double cast Snow-Covered and Infinite Icebreaker) with her on ELT since he is weak to ice, use World Destoyer on another character just in case.

Yeah, thanks for the tip :)

ugh all 3 of my past 10+1 summons have been pure garbage. I seem to have the best luck with step up summons.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I have to admit it was a case of git gud, for the people having problem chaining CWA frames, this video may help:

I followed Claic's double thumbs strategy and lo and behold I was able to pull it on the third try. Now I have to pull for the new Fina.
Weird seeing people struggle with this, this is how I've been chaining since I learned about chaining. No matter the family I'm still good to goof it up like 10% of the time and it always pisses me off lol. IMO they should really add some kind of pseudo macro system into the game to eliminate the need for manual chaining, since it's such an integral part of the combat in the game. No reason they couldn't add a button on the bottom of the screen that's just like a unit selector that joins them in a simultaneous attack which you can activate at the same time, but given Gumi's history of providing QoL improvements decades after the fact I'm not holding out

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Is she worth getting? I am using normal Dark Fina as my Mage.

I plan to do a full party rebuild once I figure out how to use the character build website.
I guess she is good, but as you can see there is a problem. Almost no one is sharing her, so don't waste your resources to it.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017

I plan to do a full party rebuild once I figure out how to use the character build website.

The old Dark Fina is really old and powercrept, but mages are only needed for the Moon trials, so you can skip them and just use a physical dps. On the other hand the new FIna is as strong as the best dps (minus the killers) since they buffed her a lot. But right now if you have the resources and lack a tank you should pull for the new Warrior of Light or the 11 summon all rainbows for 10k lapis (amazing deal).

Weird seeing people struggle with this, this is how I've been chaining since I learned about chaining. No matter the family I'm still good to goof it up like 10% of the time and it always pisses me off lol. IMO they should really add some kind of pseudo macro system into the game to eliminate the need for manual chaining, since it's such an integral part of the combat in the game. No reason they couldn't add a button on the bottom of the screen that's just like a unit selector that joins them in a simultaneous attack which you can activate at the same time, but given Gumi's history of providing QoL improvements decades after the fact I'm not holding out

I usually just use my finger and tap real fast, never had problems with the other chaining families (but I never tried Quick Hit, which is another difficult one). Gumi should definitely do something since chaining is a fundamental part of the game mechanics, the fact that so many people have problem with a chaining family should be proof enough, it's a turn based RPG on a phone, not an action game.

Zhadgon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Decide to try my luck with the 11 rainbow deal, from the list of units, I could get 19 that are great, 22 that are ok and 54 that are meh... so doing maths should be something like this 20% great, 23% good and 57% meh, I like the odds.

.n_n.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
What is the point of ingame wording if it's wrong? Gumi said earlier this year that we should only trust for info from official sources.

Ingame info for skill Neutralizing Chant:

Screenshot_20191231-184629.png

Hey guess what. It doesn't work.

Screenshot_20191231-184325.png

If we can't trust ingame info, where can we trust?

Yeah I knew it won't work, but I hate how lazy they are fixing these things. Same with "Kill xx with Magic". Ace LB does Magic damage, but obviously it won't work for the mission.

Gumi fix your shit.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Sahweet, just what I wanted another grindy ass KM event. Just like I said with the last 5 of them, I don't even give a crap about the NRG cost since I still have like 1,800 potions it's just the god damned amount of literal hours it takes hitting repeat over and over again to get thru the stages and clicking thru the jank ass UI that gets me.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL

I personally like her and love the sprite but yeah, she has her issues. Finding chaining partners is going to be a pain.

Finally got the 5* ticket from the holiday event. Just in time! Also, I missed the 50th slot roll by 1 coin. I don't see any way of getting it so I guess that's the end of it. I must have missed the dailies.

Edit: The 5* ticket gave me my third Elfreeda. Not worth.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Lol, I can't get the 65 chain in the fixed trial. I dont know what i'm doing wrong. Watched multiple videos and my fingers are as quick. I'm on iPhone 7 so a bit outdated. Not sure if that's the problem, however.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Happy New Year!

Just did the 11 rainbows. I got:

4th Summer Fina - Got the STMR.
1st Zeno
4th Tifa - Is her STMR even worth getting?
2nd Malph - To STMR moogle, to not STMR moogle her; that is the question!
1st Balthier
2nd Jecht
1st Kimono Ayaka
3rd Shadow Lord
2nd Aurora Fryevia (Might 7* her and add her to my team; is she better than Elena?)
2nd Golbez
1st Lunafreya

Not horrible. Was hoping for at least one STMR but I guess I'll take this. I no longer have enough for a full lap for WoL so lets see how that goes on Thursday.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
For the New year the premium ticket gave me a Kimono Ayaka #1, and Beowulf #4 Stmr! That's the first time I ever get rainbows off a premium ticket.

Uvfy0vg.png

11 rainbow pull was pretty great. I just wish Gumi weren't such trolls and gave me a unit I literally uoc her prism for -_- but they know how much I love Dark Fina I guess....

Highlights: Operative Zyrus 7 star, Aerith 7 star (she's kinda outdated) but nice especially with ff7 remake hype. I got Tifa in the same pull too so clearly the game knows how hyped I am for the remake :3 and Sol #3 in the same pull is pretty fantastic. I'm so close to that sweet STMR And I love mages so xD.

The rest are upgrades too. Foltra 7*, Ellesperis 7*, Kaito 7*

The 2 ex 5* tickets gave me Queen #3 and Regina #2 Happy about Regina I guess.

Edit: seems Beowulf Stmr is awful. It's a great sword hybrid and Terra can't equip a greatsword. Ah that sucks :(

Last edited:

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, I can't get the 65 chain in the fixed trial. I dont know what i'm doing wrong. Watched multiple videos and my fingers are as quick. I'm on iPhone 7 so a bit outdated. Not sure if that's the problem, however.

After about half an hour of trying (on Android), I had to download an app to help me get that mission (I forgot the name)

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
11 rainbow was great
2x white lily dark fina (First two)
2nd Regina
4th WoL bartz
4th shadow lord
4th riviera
3rd high seraph ultima
3rd Nalu
3rd Morgana
5th tsukoyomi
5th citra

Holly jolly 10+1 had two rainbows
1st dark knight Leon
3rd Barbie

5* was my 4th loli Rydia

Pretty good day, but now my lapis hurts again

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Tickets gave me nothing, but 11 Rainbow was nice with WLDF, Elena, and three SMTRs. Shame no WoDG or SSC, so I'm using all my tickets for WoL

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
ItEELi4.png

My New Year's rainbow haul included new 7 stars: Summer Folka & Citra (from the 5*EX), AM Kefka, Myra(!), Tifa

And some new STMRs: A. Rain, Kimono Fina, Fryevia

Some misc, not so helpful pulls mixed in there too, like 6th CG Fina, 7th(!?) Rivera, a few 3rd of's etc. All in all a way better 11-rainbow pull than the first time we got one of these. I've been wanting that Myra dupe for a while. That was probably the only 7-star unit in the game I really wanted

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Christmas event done and gave me my first Citra. That was too grindy and extremely frustrating.

Also, I have 2 slots open if anyone needs Dark Fina for chaining. Feel free to add me! 212, 854, 610

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Remember to grab 7* Garland asap (as in grab the Prism) and share it to event 1 slot (or whatever slot). Its free 200% bonus unit.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Happy new year everyone!

I didn't do the 11 rainbow pull because I had barely enough lapis for AWoL's step up and that went pretty bad. I only got the guaranteed rainbows, my 5th copy of Hyoh and WoL.

I then went into some tickets and got a second copy in like 10 pulls. I'm happy with the result but holy shit, you can really feel the 1.5% drop rate.