• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I got super hype when I saw that. I can finally play this with people! I always wanted to back when it first came out, but none of my friends had a GBA.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I remember being sick with excitement for the release of Crystal Chronicles on the GameCube. I was only a kid and didn't really have any notion of "release dates" and the likes, I ony heard it was coming.

I plauged my parents to constantly ring GameStop (which may have been Games World then) to see if it was out. To be fair to them they did it for weeks. I remember dreaming about the game in Primary School, getting extremely excited for it.

We were set to go out on a two week holiday to Spain. The day before we flew out we went in a game shop and lo and behold, it was there on the shelf! That was the longest two week holidy of my life as I waited to return to pick up the game.

It was an amazing experience, something just clicked with me and that game. I really enjoyed it. I remember playing a lot of 3 player on it with my Brother and Friend. My Brother often had to carry the chalice :P

I got the guidebook with it too and I rememebr pouring hours upon hours on that too just reading it.

Also, this still has one of the best intros ever. Amazing OST.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Only PS4?

That would be a huge bummer.

It was a Gamecube exclusive, i don't understand what's the point unless Sony paid for the exclusivity.

This was announced at a Sony event so its obvious other platforms wont be shown, maybe it was supposed to be at the Direct few days ago?

Anyways likely PS4/SW/PC.

Been wanting this forever lol - cant wait!

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I wonder if it'll have local multiplayer. The GBA Link ruined the games multiplayer capabilities (like it did with every game it was required for (looking at you 4 Swords)).

I adored this game as a kid, I'm so happy.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that would be a nostalgia trip playing this with my best buddies again like back in the days.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
WHHAATATAG

Day fucking one. Crystal Chronicles was a blast with friends on GameCube.

I honestly thought this sub-series had been abandoned by SE ;;

cosmicspooks

Oct 29, 2017
i can't believe that this is the thing i'm most excited about

musically and aesthetically very probably my favorite game ever. gameplay is cool too, and without needing a thousand gba's...praise be

stalfos

Oct 27, 2017
Better have online MP.

edit: It does! I wonder how they'll do local MP with the lack of second GBA screen. Here's hoping for splitscreen.
what if everyone needs a vita to replicate the gba functionality

D65

Oct 26, 2017
Um

Omg

I SO WANT THIS I HAVE WANTED THIS FOR A DECADE

Do we know if this is exclusive? I'll buy another PS4 start if so.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
OMG huge news for me.

With all it faults, I thought It was a pretty nice game and I would love to revisit.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy for those that wanted this, but this is probably the last thing I wanted or expected to be announced.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Huh, unexpected.
Well, I've never played it for more than 5 minutes so I'm mildly curious.

But man, a collection would have been neat. Crystal Bearers was so good. Although I guess the motion controls would be tricky.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guys....Guys...
I'm almost crying rn.
I made like 3 threads over the years how I need a remaster of this game, even at Neogaf.
Hold me.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I hope they upgrades ONE thing in multiplayer and that's good.
The only Final Fantasy I've never played. How essential is the multiplayer?
Don't play it alone, except if you have nothing else to do.
Um

Omg

I SO WANT THIS I HAVE WANTED THIS FOR A DECADE

Do we know if this is exclusive? I'll buy another PS4 start if so.
It won't. It most certainly was a direct announement.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
The game is pretty good and the graphics hold up very well even today (thank to the power of gamecube for that) so I'm quite excited.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember being sick with excitement for the release of Crystal Chronicles on the GameCube. I was only a kid and didn't really have any notion of "release dates" and the likes, I ony heard it was coming.

I plauged my parents to constantly ring GameStop (which may have been Games World then) to see if it was out. To be fair to them they did it for weeks. I remember dreaming about the game in Primary School, getting extremely excited for it.

We were set to go out on a two week holiday to Spain. The day before we flew out we went in a game shop and lo and behold, it was there on the shelf! That was the longest two week holidy of my life as I waited to return to pick up the game.

It was an amazing experience, something just clicked with me and that game. I really enjoyed it. I remember playing a lot of 3 player on it with my Brother and Friend. My Brother often had to carry the chalice :P

I got the guidebook with it too and I rememebr pouring hours upon hours on that too just reading it.

Also, this still has one of the best intros ever. Amazing OST.
This was basically me man...AHHHH I can't right now. By this fucking game so we get a new one everyone.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Guys....Guys...
I'm almost crying rn.
I made like 3 threads over the years how I need a remaster of this game, even at Neogaf.
Hold me.

Glad you got your wish! I got to the end but never finished it. I've always wanted to play it with people rather than traveling with my multi-colored bucket moogle slave! Oh yeah, moogle grooming hype.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my friends just replayed this a couple months ago. It's a perfect case for a remaster, the framerate could get especially brutal on the Cube.

Santiako

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CC on the gamecube is one of my favourite coop experiences ever. Hopefully they changed the fact that one player needs to carry the vase at all times.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that's amazing. Hopefully they add online option for coop so that it is easy to find 4 people. I mean, it makes sense.