• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
200 mythril (and gems) spent (because FFV): Butz USB2/BSB-Wind, Lenna USB/BSB, Galuf CSB/BSB/LMR, Krile BSB, Faris BSB.

RIP Glint but I cannot complain.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
5x 11 Pulls
1x Bartz ASB
1x Bartz USB2
1x Lenna USB2
1x Lenna BSB
1x Krile LMR
1x Galuf LMR
3x Bartz LMR

I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with this result. It had potential to be oh so bad.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
2/11 Bartz Glint and Krile BSB2

Not bad. I mentioned this in Discord, but I'm realllllly out of the loop with the game lately due to IRL stuff, but for me personally this banner is obviously good but feels like lots of incremental upgrades mostly for me? I've already got Bartz's USB1, an earth chain, previous BSB's for everyone on here etc etc. Bartz's USB2 seems good seems less critical to chase if I have his USB1? Seeing people on reddit mathcraft it as better but somewhat of a sidegrade to his USB1 but who knows. Basically if I already have an earth chain, Bartz's USB1 and previous gear for all the characters here is this just mostly torment bait or am I missing something?

Also this is the first Glint I've gotten on a character I'll actually use so that's nice, also seems pretty good (?). Krile is my fire chain holder so this BSB2 miiiiight possibly get some use depending on setup (aka if I can get her bars) but it's nice for the +fire if nothing else.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone getting great pulls left and right.

Meanwhile, me:

200.gif

Two pulls, two LMRs.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
2/11. Bartz USB2 and Galuf CSB

Damn good pull. How good is USB2 in a vacuum as I don't have USB1 or his LMR ?

EDIT:

I have enough notes to Dive Bartz(USB2) fully but I could also dive Edgar (USB/LMR). Idk which to go with first.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
At 71% on Gilgamesh.
Need to figure out proper balancing of bartz usb1,2 and even his earth bsb.

Blast zone is crazy powerful . That usb2 finisher hit 99999 once on the dwhale.

Ultimately seems I have the same issue here as on fft, just run out of hones. Need the old orb fest back :( but I have way fewer earth relics, 4/8 slots, one being a mage armor which hurts.

Lenna with usb2 and lmr puts out pretty good healing. I have not ld her.

Use kelger Rd with his ssb. Instant heal with pblink is really helpful.

Oct 25, 2017
Man my zodiark team....ouch
Usbs for vaan Balthier penelo
Osbs for vayne galbranth
Bsbs for vann vayne galbranth larsa fran

Ld vayne and vaan

But boostgas are uniques hastega on an ssb. No faithgas.

Lots of worthless? breakers.

Guessing a Fran entrustbot with galbranth (imperil dark) and vayne on dps duty with two healers will not get to 50%. Guess we'll find out!

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
2/11 Lenna BSB dupes.

Tempted to pull again but this continues my crappy realm pull streak. The only good realm pull I've ever had was a long time ago when I got Shadow SSB and Relm ssb in a 3 pull so I've never had a good 11 realm pull ever and I been playing since before ssbs came out.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Not even going to bother with XII D??? No chance there. Vaan SSB/OSB, Ashe Glint/BSSB, and Vayne LMR/OSB are it as far as damage goes. Fran Imperil Lighting SSB. Larsa BSSB and Penelo SSB/BSSB1 for healing (if it was Penelo BSSB2, I'd give hitting 50% a shot). No hastega/faithga/boostga, no debuff support (and IIRC Zodiark needs to be debuffed ot else its dark attacks will kill you), nowhere close to enough DPS.

But I'm definitely going after D??? Greg. Sub-30 highly unlikely but I'm definitely going for a 100% clear. Either tomorrow or Sunday, after I've learned the new batch of SBs. Still farming in the meantime (going after both Holy/Lighting major orbs today since they're kinda low-ish).

Oct 25, 2017
Damage at 89. I can smell it.
I pulled against, paid ouch .first glint bartz
Honed to r4 blast zone, earth saber, Gaia crush. Juggled rms, boositng damage and dropping a pair of sb generators.

Need to hone a ninja skill, can r3 the blink need 6 earth orbs to r4 the washing machine.

Could ld Lenna and/or galuf. If I had the gluf chain no question, but his USB and baby imperils are questionable outside this specific torment.

Hmm.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Random Painted Highway,

Lol I know you type up a thought real fast on your phone in between meetings and appts at work but holy shit need a translator for that last post. Tell me more about your washing machine.

I am going to try to sub 30 the d280 later today (FF5) but I don't think a 50% clear in my future on dWhale.

For FF12 I am not sure. I have good enough to sub 30 the d280 most likely but unsure about the dWhale. Stronger there than 5 but not as strong as tactics. I sure as hell am ready for 5* Lightning magicite though. Galuf Chain and Cinque USB watch out.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Apology mythril.

That LMR was such a tease eh ultra7k?

Was so hyped for IC3 since it's so handy. QC3 is pretty good too, so no real complaints there and the apology mythril is nice..it's like a 1% discount for the pulls I did yesterday.

Briefly tried d??? yesterday, with a CM team, and barely made a dent in the dude. I think i must have done like 10 or 15% even with all the new toys...Got d280 down to 30.64 or some such, so there's definitely room to improve if Bartz can do a 3x or 5x spellblade cast lol. The d280 team probably needs to be tweaked before I try d??? with any seriousness. I'm having doubts about being able to get him down to 50% for now.

Oct 25, 2017
Random Painted Highway,

Lol I know you type up a thought real fast on your phone in between meetings and appts at work but holy shit need a translator for that last post. Tell me more about your washing machine.

I am going to try to sub 30 the d280 later today (FF5) but I don't think a 50% clear in my future on dWhale.

For FF12 I am not sure. I have good enough to sub 30 the d280 most likely but unsure about the dWhale. Stronger there than 5 but not as strong as tactics. I sure as hell am ready for 5* Lightning magicite though. Galuf Chain and Cinque USB watch out.

I can't type on this phone to save my life and it does weird autocorrect things. But the 3-5-7 hit ninja skills are colloquially called washing machines I believe, due to the spinning animation.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought the washing machine just referred to the water one. Does that apply to the other elements too?

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
I've only seen the water one referred to as washing machine, never seen it used for the other elements before.

Oct 25, 2017
I choose to not spend time learning the names of abilities that are palette swaps with non standard names, particularly fairly recent one. See also Those new spellblades.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Ya, I'll learn the spell blade ones when I actually create them. I never remember which spell is which on the new ninja ones so I always refer to them as "water ninja" or "ninja dark". They all have names that would make sense for either giving a blink or doing damage.

I thought we got new spells every torment, but apparently not. I guess maybe later I'll google the schedule. Just want the new BLM spells to hurry up and get here. If they are anything like Meltdown, I'll get them to rank 3 and rank 4 as fast as reasonable.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Washing machine only refers to water 3/5/7-hit ability. Some use it to actually refer to the blink+3/5/7 hit ability, but I call that "washing machine combo" myself, since there is a way (Yuffie glint mainly) to use washing machine without the blink ability.

No one has any cute names for the earth/dark 3/5/7 abilities to my knowledge. They're generic "OP ninja abilities". Though I've seen earth ninja abilities referred to as "dirty ninja tech" (and in general, using earth = dirt attacks).

Oct 25, 2017
Ill likely keep referring to it as such, knowing it won't be understood in all likelihood.

On to a more important question:
DWhale:. Goal kill, not timed kill
Pop the first realm chain round one or delay it to round 3ish. Idea to end stronger and have characters under USB/en element attacks with the chain longer.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Just went and did the d260 CM. Was hairy fight. Never realized how weak I am in this realm until the Torment and this event showed me.

I got it with all medals but I actually died like 8-9 times. Well had people die I mean, I think Lenna re-raise BSB brought 3 people back to life twice, and Faris once. Lenna never died, just all the people depending on her for heals!

Lol all medals what? Ok sure, I will take it.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
for those having success on Greg dWhale, what kinda damage are you doing on Greg?

i'm going in with a full CM team, and Bartz who is at just under 800 atk before buffs (i only have Dorgaan's +30% PHYS/MAG SSB for this realm) is hitting for like...1.4k if I'm lucky after he's been dispelled...?

Am I doing something wrong?

Oct 25, 2017
I have to get the chain up and an imperil before I'm doing real damage. Shell dragon. I've tried midgarsormr to boost earth damage but it doesn't seem as effective.

I open with galuf USB boostga hastega and when he has another 2 bars use his imperil bsb. Reversing means I have to carry hastega somewhere. My Lenna has curada and ultra cure (for blind)

Not having a viable 2nd white 5 is a problem. Though I just had the thought I could give galuf esuna but then I lose protecga. And I do run out of curada even at r4.

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm I guess I should delay chain, and get Faris imperil wind...I'll try that.

I am dubious that Lenna will be able to heal through this content though. Guess her BSB is better than nothing.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
hilariously enough I rolled Galuf chain and LMR (and had his small dualcast monk LMR prior) so he became a no-dive-no-effort spot for both dWhale and upcoming earth 5*s

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I had just realized that by instinct I was hitting realm chain and had overwritten my Galuf chain. Did that 3 full fights before it dawned on me.

Got 30:03 that time on d280. ultra7k did you say you already sub 30 it?

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
friz898 yeah, got 28.93 on d280 on my lunch break. Krile's OSB came in really high at like 63k, so it must have crit, and I think that was the difference. Bartz usually does a bunch of multicasts while spell blading, but RNG gonna RNG and I've barely had any while doing the FFV torments.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Late Good Morning Folks. Sleep-in-Saturday.

Nothing much doing with FFRK at the moment, but tonight we have the Endless battle. I figured instead of just asking a blanket question of what it is and seeing if I get any bites, that instead I'd do the (exhausting) 5 second google search! So here is.

Tonight's Endless Demon Wall Event Info

Nothing else to report other than I had my d280 at like one move from death at 24 seconds and then my ipad auto-closed. Like time out lock or something. Infuriating because my next two tries did not have the right mix to get the sub-30. So still working on that.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Anybody here run 2 or 3 ninjas (almost) every battle? I'm tempted to dive Yuffie since I have her Glint and pair her with Edge who's fully dove with SSB2. Edge is on most my teams, and could be fun running two Ninjas aside from the supply of MDO I would need. I could further justify diving Yuffie since FF7 torment is after FF12.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, looks like the magic 5* wind magicite is Typhon, and he remove characters from the battle.

Ugh, why are wind magicites always more annoying than the others?

Oct 25, 2017
That's a great 100gem pull!

I have all the six stars in this banner and a couple others. Yikes!

Easy bonus battles particularly after building a torment team.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The new FFVIII event in Japan is super juicy.

That means back to back stellar FFVIII events for us Global plebes.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Rough "FFRK Day" for me last night.

I did an impulse mythril pull on the new banner and it was 1/11 Dorgann BSB. Then did rage mythril pull and was 2/11 with Galuf USB and Bartz BSB dupe.

Not very good. The USB isn't bad, but I already have his chain. Like Tidus, it's nice having the Ultra but really an afterthought with CSB taking priority.

Then the multiplayer disconnected on me 6 or 7 times before I gave up. Then I lazily took my Maliris team to the third fight of the event only to find out Minotaur was absorbing water so there was no way my team was going to kill it. Felt like I didn't accomplish anything. Bleh.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah the connection problems in MO were particularly bad last night. Worse than usual. Pretty frustrating.

I'm like solely focused on building up Magicites and setting up ideal inheritances now. The difference that a pumped up Magicite deck makes, both offensively and defensively, is tangible. Like I now have a Krysta with another Dampen Wind 10 and a Gizamaluke with another Dampen Fire 10 and it makes Tiamat way more manageable.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys do on bad daily days? (For me Monday, Friday)

Friday, I have a full event from Thursday to burn through Stamina but Monday I only have the 120 stamina from the Event extension on Sunday.

It used to be my magicite day but with no more easily Orbs/Crystals and I'm not exactly a min/max so magicite experience isn't a biggie for me, I'm not sure what to do.

Also did some calculations and I realized I can max every character with growth eggs, still missing 30 MCs though.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Magicite farming for arcana. If you're caught up on content there's really nothing else to do besides dailies or magicites.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I'm nearly done with Magicite Inheritance. I have 22 at Inheritance level 420.

Then I plan to go back and make sure all the Empower Elements that are currently an Empower 8 from a Lvl 50 4* gets updated to an Empower 15 from a Lvl 99 4*. With FFRKreeper, it shouldn't take more than a day, maybe two.

Man Called Aerodynamics What are your thoughts on double dampens? I originally had "double dampens" on ones like Ixion and the two you mentioned, but later with Kreeper, went back and gave them Empower Elements because the thinking was "I can live and kill them all, now I need to do more damage". (For the Sub 30) Ultimately, I'm debating whether or not I want a Krysta with Dampen Air 10 twice, or Dampen Air 10 and Empower Ice 15.

Keep in mind, not looking to make perfect decks like the Reddit threads and currently only planning to run 1 Evrae.