• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
RoP tally:

T0 - Queen OSB, new
FFT - Rapha USB, new
XV - Noctis USB2, new. This is the one that basically gives him enelement for Non-elemental, as well as a self-boost, quickcast, and a 5 hit chase, so he may just see use vs omni-resist bosses. Though I typically cheat those bosses with Rinoa Chain and Squall BSB2, so i'm not sure if Noct would actually be better. Still, very happy with this pull!

Question for ShinUltima, Falk , or any of our other experienced end-game players. Looking at my phys lightning users who can break Rage mode for Famfrit, all i have are Raijin (LMR/BSB/OSB), Queen (LMR/OSB), and Steiner (OSB). Which of these 3, if any, should i LD and put on my Famfrit team? Or is Famfrit's Rage mode okay to leave on?

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Xetherion:

Famfrit's rage mode is relatively tame, though you'd still want to remove it. It makes Famfrit's ATB and casting speed increase by 15%, so he's going to be bombarding you with more attacks.

And frankly, I'd LD none of those if I could help it. You really want King Behemoth to remove Famfrit's Rage. You don't have TGC OSB, by any chance? That's still great to use against Famfrit.

Oh, and no, Noctis w/ USB2 is not going to be better than Squall BSSB2 + Rinoa chain. Sorry. Great for FFXV Torment though! I want it myself.

re: RoP

I'll pull on these... eventually.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks Shin. I have KB, but my phys lightning is so lacking that i know i won't be able to kill Famfrit before KB runs out. Was thinking i might need someone who could OSB until i could summon KB again. I'll try Famfrit without those 3 first though and see how it goes.

Re: Noctis USB2, what if I pair him with Ignis BSB? Still think Squall BSB2 + gen1 chain wins?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I hit on the daily pull for the second day in a row, dupe Rosa bsb, but hey it's fodder for the upcoming legendary weapons.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Mine runs around with Flash Disaster x Ripper Bolt on Famfrit. Does well, despite no EnLit

Of course, there's lots of prime candidates for FD, so your mileage may vary.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
I could actually give OK the Celerity abilities no problem. I don't have any good SBs for Lightning so my DPS toons are going to be Edgar USB LMR/LM2 and Sora BSB LMR/LMLightning, with Shantotto for Chain (only Lightning chain i have).

Oct 25, 2017
Wow

Haurchefant lmr. Chance to reduce damage when equipping shield.

Curiously this is a heavy armor relic, so it can't even trigger on its own relic.

Wtf. Not as bad as the Fran bow one but surely close.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
FF0 - Queen LMR1 (new)
FFT - Ramza BSB2 (dupe), Gaffgarion BSB (dupe)
FF15 - Gladious LMR2 (dupe)
FF14 - Papalymo BSB (dupe)

This....could be going better lol.

Edit: On the plus side, I'm down to needing just 2 more Slyph's and I should hopefully be done with farming Tiamat, thank the god. The fight sucks for me, one of those ones where I can do it but either a single button mispress or terrible w-cast luck is a wipe, probably have an overall 30-40% success rate. Thanks to WarAdept breaking down the 4* magicite decks a ways back for me, I've already got 8 Tiamats, 8 Silver Dragons, and 6 Slyphs so two more should cover all my bases at least for now (once leveled gives me 2 99 Tiamats, 2 99 Silver Dragons and a 99 Slyph with a 99 Slyph inherited on it for the double Dampen Earth). I don't have the 4* Holy/Dark magicites unlocked yet so Evrae isn't a thing for me yet.

Last edited:

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I picked up Gladio's glint from the RoP and while not what I was hoping for, it was just enough of a boost to let me sub 30 the XV d280.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
2nd daily draw success in a row

This time terras bsb1, which is junk but is +10mag at least. I have I think everything except her two usbs now.

I pulled on the epic 11/11 banner iirc 3x and that was the only one never got.

So hey, not bad and better than my rop luck so far.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Vault old 5*, we'll soon get a system to turn relics into Rainbow Shards which are used to purchase Legendary Weapons.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, this was my most successful attempt.

K3nRaAE.jpg

I guess Ill have to wait for Manticore to have a good chance against a 5*

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
About to try my first dWhale. Wish me luck. Just looking for 50%.

Edit: CID osb/11.

While not super helpful, he is dived and may make a difference. So my hateful attitude has changed a bit.

Last edited:

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
RoP tally:

T0 - Queen OSB, new
FFT - Rapha USB, new
XV - Noctis USB2, new
XIV - skipped
XIII - Fang USB, new. IC jumps can be pretty snazzy, if her SBs are coded as jumps like some of Kain's are. I wonder if her USB can be used to IC itself?

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
They should call this LMR on parade.

Seriously. All my pulls have been LMRs lol.

I'm going to hold off pulling until VIII and then probably rage pull the other ones if I don't get an ice chain haha.

Edit: holy crap Xetherion those are amazing pulls. Gratz!

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok then, I got Raines' USB from today's RoP. Now I'm only missing his LMR to husbando him.

Also, I got 30.52 against Tiamat. And Rinoa was absorbed in this run, so I guess its possible with a little better luck

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning LMR2 . I wish it was her first one but won't complain about getting it. It will make Flash Disaster more useful for her if I replace her LM2.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Running tally so far

FF0 - Queen LMR1 (new)
FFT - Ramza BSB2 (dupe), Gaffgarion BSB (dupe)
FF15 - Gladious LMR2 (dupe)
FF14 - Papalymo BSB (dupe)
FF13 - Lightning AOSB (new)
FF12 - Basch USB (new)

FF11 - Shantotto Glint (dupe)
FF10 - Seymour BSB1 (new)
FF9 - Vivi LMR1 (new)
FF8 - Seifer BSB2 (new)
FF7 - Sephiroth AOSB (new)
FF6 - Terra LMR1 (dupe)
FF5 - Lenna USB1 (new)
FF4 - Cecil BSB2 (dupe)
FF3 - Arc BSB1 (new)
FF2 - Josef BSB1 (dupe), Minwu LMR1 (new)

LMR LD - Larsa LMR (new)

Outside of the completely awful LMR pull this has been a solid RoP for me; bolded are my highlights, but most of the other new stuff at least helps rounds out some of those characters or something similar (I have all of Arc's other stuff, I have the 3 white magic holy mage kits so Lenna's +holy USB robe isn't actually the worst pull, etc).

Last edited:

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Quickcasts of different types stack. Allegro is offensive magic qc and so is Ley Lines, so those do not stack (i believe, someone correct me if i'm wrong). However, Elarra's USB is general qc (works for all actions, not just offensive magic), so it will stack with Allegro.

Oct 25, 2017
Still unable to master belias but I have a somewhat consistent 45 sec kill. 1 action damage lost. I'm pretty close to a mastery I think.

Tidus chain
Rydia bsb2
Aerith usb2
Alphinaud reflect
Elarra USB

Old school double healer reflect team. Double summon fun. 2 bsbs with ether commands as needed, but I have an r5 and 4 ogopogo for alphinaud to use. Rydia r4 lunar leviathan.

Nearly all of the sub30 magic magicites I've seen have onions musb, something I don't have. Guess I'll pick it up with bthe next USB select.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Surprise!!!!!! 1/3 rainbow. And it's a LaMeR. Balthier lmr with nothing for him. Noice.

Seriously the odds of pulling a 5* are absymally low. 6 pulls, all 1/3. 2/30 on daily.

14% my nutsack. Currently at 4.7%

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
RoP tally:

T0 - Queen OSB, new
FFT - Rapha USB, new
XV - Noctis USB2, new
XIV - skipped
XIII - Fang USB, new
XII - Fran USB2, dupe. Disco streak still going, but finally ran into a dupe. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
uh yes please

sZKztN8.jpg

Edit: While obviously solid, this is mostly just noteworthy because of it's use in the FF12 torment right?

I also FINALLY just got what I hope/think is my last drop from Tiamat, so lord willing I will never have to do this nightmare fight again. This fight alone put me largely off the game for months. Thank the lord.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
Still should be 14% on each of the 2 non guaranteed right?

Yes but unlike a G5 11-pull it rolls the guaranteed one last and then only if you didn't get a hit on the first two rolls.

Put another way the odds of getting 2/3 in RoP are the same as getting 2/3 on a regular 3-pull, around 5%.

Last edited: