PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way this is getting finished before they shut it down, lol

Setting the bar way, way too high as far as mobile game content production pipelines go, Square.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
This looks awesome, but man, I hate playing on my phone. Finally will get to play crisis core, and honestly, didn't even know there was a before crisis.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cute but I fully expect it to just be snapshots of the story with some nice contained levels.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
This looks dope. Will definitely get this. Bitter than FF 5 and 6 have that shitty remake while FF7 have two great looking remakes 🥲

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So why can't they put this on consoles as well?
FF15 Pocket Edition was also originally only announced for iOS and Android. Once the full game's out, I'm sure a console port will come after a few months just like it did for that game.

Especially considering this is probably meant to get new people familiar with how the stories for characters like Zack and Weiss played out in the original timeline before they continue with the remake series.

I just hope the stories aren't too compromised, since they'll undoubtedly have to cut some stuff out from games like FF7 and Crisis Core for this. I feel like FF15 Pocket Edition really suffered a lot for having to do stuff like that (though its main damning thing was not including content from Kingsglaive and the Royal Edition). But I'm super stoked that this is happening at all, especially since we'll finally have an official way to play stuff from Before Crisis in English.

Famitsu details
OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
New details from a Famitsu interview!

• A new episode will be released every month.
  • Battle system based on the original FFVII, including the Materia system.
  • Lisa Fujise will be the illustrator for the game.
  • Every title in the game (FFVII, Before Crisis, etc) will have multiple episodes.
  • Contains a Young Sephiroth episode written by Nojima.

Last edited:

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
Hah. This looks like how I envisioned the remake back during the PSP days. I'll gladly play it, although the whole episodic part has me a little scared. Hopefully episodes = Crisis Core / FF7 / Dirge of Cerberus etc. and not multiple episodes per game.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
So why can't they put this on consoles as well?
I think they will, but the episodic format might sell better on mobile, especially in this early phase where (I'm guessing) most of the content won't be available at launch, and so a full price for the project won't be known to consumers either.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Just looked up Applibot (who I presume are the co-devs) and it's the same folks behind NieR Reincarnation, guess they're Square Enix's new besties

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
If this comes to Switch, or to iPhone with controller support, I'm all in. I guess even Xbox with a cloud. I'm super glad that, after falling in love with FF7 remake as my first experience with the franchise, I'll be able to play all the other weird FF7s and get the whole backstory of all the craziness happening in the future Remakes.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Strange, this looks surprisingly... cool! o_o I'll play it if it's ever released on consoles.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
If this comes to consoles (especially Switch) like Pocket Edition I'd probably play it, but not interested on mobile.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I mean, it looks great, I hope it's a thing you buy and not some gacha thing, but man, FFVII, and the entire compilation? That seems insanely big, when will that be done?

Oct 27, 2017
It actually looks pretty good. But like Square… what in the actual hell is going on with the FFVII Franchise tonight, all this news and spin-offs are so bizarre coming at the same time. My only worry is this is a lot at the same time and dilution of content does exist. Regardless can't blame them, for trying new things and reaching out to different audiences including the huge market that is mobile.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

• Risa Fujise will be the illustrator for the game.
  • Every title in the game (FFVII, Before Crisis, etc) will have multiple chapters.

Oh my god

Pleeaaaaaaaaaaassssssseeee let this be finished, and then square decide to make a full game with all the assets they've created (assuming "episodes" means there won't be any world map etc in ever crisis)

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol, turn based fans, here is your remake.

Seriosly though, this one is perfect for switch and is probably the only one that will be a complete remake.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly enough, out of all the FFVII stuff that came out today, to me this is the most interesting.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I'm confused. It's using the classic gameplay, but... what was that battle in the video? With Aerith, too.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019

• Every title in the game (FFVII, Before Crisis, etc) will have multiple episodes.

I wonder how long the dev plan is for this game. 2-3 years? There's a lot of games to cover.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017

This is my dream game. More hyped for this than FF7R-2. I just need a complete console release.