mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Oh yeah I forgot XVI did that. I actually just started over again when I got the full game lol. I'll do the same with Rebirth. I'll just have to resist playing the demo over and over again so I don't make myself sick of it.
I always view the save transfer demos as a early start so I can get into the main game immediately when it releases. I really enjoyed that in XVI

DTC

Oct 25, 2017
I just really want to play with materia and mix and match some different builds. See if Barret still holds up as the GOAT healer.

The demo from a few months ago didn't allow materia swapping in the Junon section iirc, so don't expect being able to do this. Hopefully they changed things tho

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
I snagged a grab of the demo description from PSN just to show the wording and contents better.
18d7c122df952-screenshotUrl.jpg
Man just looking at Cloud's pose. if you know, you know

I really cant wait to see what they got in store

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man just looking at Cloud's pose. if you know, you know

I really cant wait to see what they got in store

Yup, the way he acts throughout is a dead give away for those in the know.

I'm so freaking excited for this!

It's funny because I was excited for Remake, but less so because I had so much going on, I have some time to really sink my teeth into this!

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
So, Masters of Era, does anything from my FF7R save file carry over to this new game?
We'll see. If it's the exact same public demo that's been around since last year, I would say no. If it's slightly beefier, meaning some decorum (introduction, cinematics) with the Nibelheim flashback, in other words the beginning of the game uncut, then maybe?

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
If the save carries to the full game then cool. If not then I don't see the point? the full game is around the corner.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
It's right around the corner and I have Persona 3 keeping me busy… but who am I kidding, gonna play the fuck out of this demo.

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
I hope we have a full party at some point in the demo so we can truly push the upgraded combat system! To say I'm hyped would be an understatement!

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
It's right around the corner and I have Persona 3 keeping me busy… but who am I kidding, gonna play the fuck out of this demo.

Yep, I am half kidding myself that I will not play this due to the release being so soon (and also working through P3!) but I know after the State of Play I will be straight onto it.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Two Demos inside it:

Outside Junon - around an 1 hour to 2 hours
Nibelheim Flashback up to a fight - bout 30mins

Kingdom Key

Aug 4, 2021
No save transfer makes this a hard pass. I'll wait three more weeks. It's not like it seems the game plays any different from Remake.

NateDog

"This guy are sick"
Jan 8, 2018
No save transfer makes this a hard pass. I'll wait three more weeks. It's not like it seems the game plays any different from Remake.
That's confirmed? If so then I'm skipping too I think, already on a blackout so no point in jumping in now. Although my skills with combat could really do with a touch up. Played Intermission recently and when I went to try the main game again I had completely forgotten how to play it. But I suppose Rebirth has to have a tutorial and has new aspects to it so I'll just wait.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
That's confirmed? If so then I'm skipping too I think, already on a blackout so no point in jumping in now. Although my skills with combat could really do with a touch up. Played Intermission recently and when I went to try the main game again I had completely forgotten how to play it. But I suppose Rebirth has to have a tutorial and has new aspects to it so I'll just wait.

It's not confirmed at all, if anything the current evidence makes save transfer more likely.

CyberKid

Dec 27, 2018
Omg the open-world section is included!!

I used to pray for moments like this.

Also do we know if there'll be a day-night cycle? I swear I've seen the Junon area in two different times of day

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Omg the open-world section is included!!

I used to pray for moments like this.

Also do we know if there'll be a day-night cycle? I swear I've seen the Junon area in two different times of day
Yeah we have seen Junon in different time of the day so we do know there is multiple time of the day. Is it real time cycle? Probably not.

MartyNick

May 7, 2021
its not actually cloud - its zack, but cloud is retelling the story as if it was him.
Thank you very much !
I thought it was something bigger than that.

Maybe that's why the light are dimmer in the screen above, there's no way to see if it's one or the other on the darker screen

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
So I got a friend who's never played the OG FF7, but has played Crisis Core and FF7Remake.
I'm starting to wonder if the flashback from his point of view is a big spoiler or not. Either way, he's going to play that section and have questions potentially. It's been a while since I last played Crisis Core. Did they go over that detail? That particular reveal from OG FF7?

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
A demo for the final half of a remake is a weird old concept.

I haven't played the games but does stuff carry over and does it carry through the demo or just a standalone demo? Because that's a really interesting concept.

First half, transfer to demo, then transfer demo to second half.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
A demo for the final half of a remake is a weird old concept.

I haven't played the games but does stuff carry over and does it carry through the demo or just a standalone demo? Because that's a really interesting concept.

First half, transfer to demo, then transfer demo to second half.
I am not sure if I understood what you are saying here but if I am reading it right....

This is 2nd game of the trilogy, so not the final game.

Each game is considered a standalone games, which means your progression doesn't carry over with each game. (outside of bonus item you get for having the save file) Each game everyone start fresh.

So there isn't any sort of save transfer in terms of transferring your actual stats and progression between the games. Maybe the demo itself will have save transfer to the full game of the demo, but we don't know yet atm.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Each game is considered a standalone games, which means your progression doesn't carry over with each game. (outside of bonus item you get for having the save file) Each game everyone start fresh.
Oh. Fair enough. Didnt know that. I would have thought money and XP would transfer between titles.

This is 2nd game of the trilogy, so not the final game.
Ah, okay.

That revelation just did some psychic damage, I won't lie. 😄

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
At chapter 16 on FF7R…. And i don't like it. :-/
Trying my best to finish it, but doubt i'll manage it.

0 hype for Rebirth, but happy for those who are.