Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Doubt there'll be any save transfer. I don't actually think the Nibelheim portion starts at the very beginning and furthermore my theory is that the game doesn't even start with Nibelheim.

CyberKid

Dec 27, 2018
Doubt there'll be any save transfer. I don't actually think the Nibelheim portion starts at the very beginning and furthermore my theory is that the game doesn't even start with Nibelheim.
I mean, the Playstation Game Size account has already confirmed that it'll have some sort of save transfer, so..

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the Playstation Game Size account has already confirmed that it'll have some sort of save transfer, so..
I heard it still could be something like if you have the save file of the demo, you get bonus item in the final game type of thing other demos do?
I do hope there is actual save carry over though.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
At chapter 16 on FF7R…. And i don't like it. :-/
Trying my best to finish it, but doubt i'll manage it.

0 hype for Rebirth, but happy for those who are.
Same. I'll be watching streams of the game from end to end though. I love FFVII but I can't do it with Remake.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Considering what I just learned about what was in the final trailer for Part 1, I will sit out the SoP unless folks say it is ok after the fact.

I really want that demo though, and assuming it drops around the same time it is the worst possible time of day to do it.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I'm doubting there will be a XVI Demo Progression save for this. Only way it'd make sense, is if it was much more of the flashback included, than previously shown. If the section ends at the Materia Guardian, the group hadn't even got to the Reactor yet, nevermind the parts back in Nibelhiem.

We'll get participation bangles and that'll be it.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
My internet is for some reason funky today. Hope the demo isn't too big in file size 🙏

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
Reboot your router!

Also, given the gigantic size of the full game, I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty beefy demo. Should we take bets as to how big it is while we wait? My bet… Is 25 GB!
Did it already but didn't help :(

My bet is 10GB for each segment (flashback and Junon area), so 20GB.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry I haven't been up on the whole discussion but is there any idea of where in the FF7 story Rebirth will aim to be ending?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I hope it's not too big a file size, my internet isn't super fast and this is on very late for me. 😢

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I already have Rebirth pre-ordered, so I'll skip the demo. I know next to nothing about Rebirth and I'm gonna keep it that way.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
will a new thread be made for the State of Play? I think it would be for the best, as right now, discussion is split between this thread and the one from mid-january.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
yeah I think it would be for the best. I find it really annoying when discussions are split across threads.

You might as well make it now since the thing starts in an hour.

Thanks man
No problem, it starts in a little over two hours so I'll post it about half an hour before it starts. Will be up at 6PM Eastern / 3PM Pacific.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there is a recap of the first game. I forgot so much about its story.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I believe the review embargo is February 22 or somewhere thereabouts.
That's the review embargo, but there was a preview event a few weeks ago that's still under embargo. Don't think anyone's come out and said when those previews will be up.

I hope there is a recap of the first game. I forgot so much about its story.
They've confirmed that there will be one at the start of Rebirth 🙂

boticide24

Jun 18, 2021
Already pre-ordered the game, so I'll be skipping the SoP and the demo. I do love that demos are becoming more popular again though.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tempted to put Shadowdropping a demo like it's Sephiroth in the SoP thread title, but I can't tell if that's 1) vague enough to not spoil newcomers, and 2) written well enough that the reference is understood.

I need input or better ideas lol

Last edited:

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait! Already planning on doing at least two runs through the demo. I remember with FFVII Remake my first run through the demo I was TERRIBLE at the game, but was getting a handle on it near the end. On my second playthrough the combat system really clicked and I demolished the boss at the end. It really sold me on the combat system being strategic and fun.

I'll probably end up doing 3 or 4 runs through the demo before release as a way to combat my hype >.<

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
So I got a friend who's never played the OG FF7, but has played Crisis Core and FF7Remake.
I'm starting to wonder if the flashback from his point of view is a big spoiler or not. Either way, he's going to play that section and have questions potentially. It's been a while since I last played Crisis Core. Did they go over that detail? That particular reveal from OG FF7?
Well, you do get the true events of the Nibelheim incident with Zack. Even though the run-up to the reactor is pretty truncated, there are still key scenes like the picture which show a contradiction. Plus Tifa's role in things. Then you see them get captured, Cloud's vegetative state due to Mako poisoning and him later carrying on alone. So your friend will know Cloud is lying, there's no avoiding that. Not just with his retelling of events, but that he was never SOLDIER to begin with. There's enough there to piece together that he isn't well mentally but ultimately it depends on how they interpret everything.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
That's the review embargo, but there was a preview event a few weeks ago that's still under embargo. Don't think anyone's come out and said when those previews will be up.

They've confirmed that there will be one at the start of Rebirth 🙂

Ill have a hazard a guess final previews may go up.after SOP tonight just a guess mind you