• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Edit: I guess there was a typo in famitsu and cloud is actually solely in first place with tifa in second. I updated with the new tweet.

1st: Cloud
2nd: Tifa
3rd: Aerith
4th: Jessie
5th: Barret
6th Sephiroth
7th: Reno
8th: Red XIII
9th: Rufus
10th: Zack (was not an option, was a write in for "Other")

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Barret was a much better character than Jessie. But I get it, people were just as thirsty as Jessie lol.

Tifa is super cool to play as, but she didn't really impress me character-wise.

For me, in no particular order, I think Cloud, Aerith and Barret take the top spot. I also really fucking love Rufus, for as little screentime as he got.

Oct 31, 2017
Don't Famitsu polls usually only have like a few hundred voters

edit: to be fair I'd expect Tifa/Cloud to claim the top spot anyways

Even though Remake Aerith is easily the best character ever conceived and is the reason the Milky Way Galaxy was created

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Can't beat canon power couple.

tenor.gif

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Aerith dragged down by her transformation into an exposition machine late-game

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Barret's higher than I would have expected given that one Top 100 Character poll from the other year that had him at like, 128.

Also Nanaki better rocket up there in subsequent part polls I swear

Also watch them retcon Biggs out of that bed at the end and put Jessie there instead

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Barret's higher than I would have expected given that one Top 100 Character poll from the other year that had him at like, 128.

Also Nanaki better rocket up there in subsequent part polls I swear

Also watch them retcon Biggs out of that bed at the end and put Jessie there instead
Jessie in one timeline, Biggs in another.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of an earlier FF character poll where Barret was like second to last on the list. Across the ENTIRE FRANCHISE.

Vindication for Barret!

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
huh, as a guy who usually doesn't care for Aerith and loves Tifa I feel like the remake made Aerith super cool while Tifa was a bit so-so

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Bland Tifa Not a surprise.

Based Zack.Not even an option and still made it.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Zack in 10th makes me laugh. I imagine they thought he'd be much higher.
Consider the fact that he's that high despite not being an option but rather a write in.

Shows the power of the best character in FF7. As soon as he shows up more, he'll take his place in 1st where he belongs.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
huh, as a guy who usually doesn't care for Aerith and loves Tifa I feel like the remake made Aerith super cool while Tifa was a bit so-so

She's incredibly bland in this, for some reason she has way more dialogue but ends up feeling like a blander version of her original, maybe the expanded dialogue that doesn't add anything to her character shows how much of a nothing her character is in this part.

I feel like Aerith was for the most part more interesting in Remake than in OG, but it's also true that her character drops off from a cliff at the end when she's just story exposition.