Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What boring results. I felt like consistently Aerith was the star of the remake. I don't know how Tifa got so high honestly... like one of my genuine complaints about remake is I think Tifa kind of got the short end of the stick with character building.

Glad to see Jessie so high though. She was amazing.

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
As it should be.

e47ftB5.jpg

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Tifa doesn't deserve number 2 in the remake. The Avalanche crew, and Johnny have more personality than her lol.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Tifa was always the normal, down to earth girl with massive issues of not trying to confront Cloud's past because she was afraid of what that may bring. Not sure why people are saying she was different.

Aerith is a troll, who potentially sees Cloud as a crutch for Zack. So that also was the same.

By the way, where is the true best character?

maxresdefault.jpg

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Red got robbed. It's a cool fire dog/lion with a mohawk! How can't you love it??
I'm a new fan, and from my perspective, it was very odd seeing the party accept this talking Disney animal lab experiment into their group during the last few hours of the game, then somewhat act like he's always been there. Very out of nowhere.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Red got robbed. It's a cool fire dog/lion with a mohawk! How can't you love it??

He was barely around long enough to really make an impact compared to everyone who is in the previous 40 or so hours of the game. He's my favourite character in 7 and I'm kinda surprised he made the top 10 lol. Part 2 is when we stan him for real though

ScaredWeeklyFlee-size_restricted.gif

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda mad Aerith isn't 1st. Considering she is the best one. This is coming from a Tifa fan. Granted it's her English performance that really sold me.

It also reminded me how much I love Cloud, just a cocky jerk. Always trying to play it cool even though he is just a huge dork half the time.

Can't wait for the second part.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised Aerith didn't run away with this, she was by far the most developed character from the game.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I overall liked Aerith the most from the cast. She got a lot more fleshing out than the original

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
He was barely around long enough to really make an impact compared to everyone who is in the previous 40 or so hours of the game. He's my favourite character in 7 and I'm kinda surprised he made the top 10 lol. Part 2 is when we stan him for real though

ScaredWeeklyFlee-size_restricted.gif

If he wasn't in the top 10 but Rufus was, who is like 5 minutes in the game of which 4 are him getting beat up by cloud, oh man me and everyone that filled in that poll would have words. WORDS I TELL YOU!

And yeah, really looking forward to the barret and Red chemistry in part 2, If the part in the car is any indication, we are in for some good shit!

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Huh. I thought Tifa was easily the worst character of the crew in Remake, with the worst VA.

She just seemed so much more of an insecure and 'meek anime girl' in Remake compared to the original, and some of her animations were really in that mold as well. I also didn't like how they kept having Cloud save her even in scenes where she didn't need his help in the original, like when they jumped off the train. Hell, they even removed her reminding Cloud of his promise to her, and gave him the line instead. Plus she doesn't react at all to Sephiroth at the end? The guy who killed her dad and burned down her village? What the hell? OG Tifa has moxie. Remake Tifa has none at all.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would put Aerith over Tifa tbh. But both are great so it's okay.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i wouldnt put cloud in first place, he's so boring

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've always been a Tifa guy but the remake had me doubting. Fuck.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see Jessie getting some love... but where's Madam M?! Booooo!

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A shame this is turning into waifu / shipping wars.
Huh. I thought Tifa was easily the worst character of the crew in Remake, with the worst VA.

She just seemed so much more of an insecure and 'meek anime girl' in Remake compared to the original, and some of her animations were really in that mold as well. I also didn't like how they kept having Cloud save her even in scenes where she didn't need his help in the original, like when they jumped off the train. Hell, they even removed her reminding Cloud of his promise to her, and gave him the line instead. Plus she doesn't react at all to Sephiroth at the end? The guy who killed her dad and burned down her village? What the hell? OG Tifa has moxie. Remake Tifa has none at all.
This is how I feel to an extent. They don't really do anything to actually expand Tifa's character outside of repeatedly having her be unsure about the bombings. They couldn't even give us a scene where we follow her into the Avalanche meeting to see her perspective while she's arguing about why the bombings shouldn't be done. It just feels like they fleshed out everyone and forgot about Tifa. She feels written as a love interest first while the development of her actual character was but on the backseat compared to the others, especially Aerith, and it sucks. Her arc in this game is basically that she's sad and unsure and then becomes even more sad and unsure after the plate drops when 1). it shouldn't be like that at all and 2). that's not interesting. Her having doubts isn't the problem but I feel like they should have written it so that her anger / desire towards revenge ultimately won out over her uncertainty about the bombings but she comes to regret that decision after Sector 7 is destroyed. Her novel, Case of Tifa, even has her talk about how she joined Avalanche out of revenge and focused everything on being angry at Shinra because she didn't want to think about all she had lost. I don't get any of that energy from Tifa in VIIR and it's a shame. Her having no reaction to Sephiroth while Aerith and even Barret get to say something to him bothered me too.

I'm hoping it gets better in part 2 but I also don't want to get my hopes up.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Tifa won the poll in the Era OT as well. She's a great character that is more understated and down to earth than the others so I can see why some people would mistakenly see her as bland.

Also people saying her voice acting was bad are crazy. Britt Baron easily gave the best performance out of the cast with Cody Christian a close second.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Tifa fan for sure but I am surprised Remake Aeris isn't higher up that poll.