• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ya, the original is one of my favorite games ever. I replayed it on PS4 last week in prep for the remake. I've just never played any of the spinoffs. I watched Advent Children a few years back, but I don't remember a single thing about it, except Cloud's motorcycle that had like 6 buster swords hanging off it. Now that the original ff7 is fresh in my mind, it might be worth another look.

There's some sweet action in the movie, and the music is fantastic, but other than that it's not good at all IMHO. But if you can find it for cheap it might be worth it.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
My order status on the UK Square Enix store was "shipment: initiated" since the 27th, but today it changed to "shipment: requested". I'm hopeful that they'll send them out really soon. Sort of kicking myself for choosing untracked delivery now, it might still take a while to get here.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are many people playing the game already? How's the spoiler thread going?

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
My order status on the UK Square Enix store was "shipment: initiated" since the 27th, but today it changed to "shipment: requested". I'm hopeful that they'll send them out really soon. Sort of kicking myself for choosing untracked delivery now, it might still take a while to get here.
Mine's at "requested" as well. It sucks that the site has nothing to tell you what "requested" means

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
firefox_x5wbmWEin8.png

HYPE!

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Is the $99 Best Buy edition worth it? Leaning towards the one for $79 at Amazon.

Best buy also has the $79 edition.
You made me check my order and I went with the $79 one. All the extra stuff in the $99 is unnecessary for me.

I'm guessing we best buy order will have to wait until next week.

Oct 25, 2017
For those who were still looking for the 1st Class Edition, it looks like they are still available on the Square Enix store in NA:

store.na.square-enix-games.com

FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE - 1ST CLASS EDITION [PS4]

Please note, this is a soft bundle. The FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Deluxe Edition contents are bundled separately from the Play Arts Kai Cloud Strife & Hardy Daytona.The world has fallen under the control of the Shinra Electric Power Company, a shadowy corporation controlling the planet’s very...

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
NONE of the fucking street dates have changed in Sweden despite Square saying that it's officaly A-OKAY to fucking release the game here. I LOVE LIVING IN THIS SHIT HOLE

vix

Nov 18, 2017
I haven't preordered yet cause I can't figure out what version to get. I could get the $99 for 5 bucks after using gift cards but I'm not sure I need all that extra stuff. I'm so torn.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't preordered yet cause I can't figure out what version to get. I could get the $99 for 5 bucks after using gift cards but I'm not sure I need all that extra stuff. I'm so torn.

This is me right now (without the gift cards). All I want to know is how big the art book is, because that is the only thing from the Deluxe Edition that I want, but I can't find that info anywhere even with street dates broken. If it's short, then I'll just preorder off of PSN and get it when it unlocks on the 10th.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017

No it's an easy decision. You dont need a sticker and a pouch you can make with a cricut machine.

Just go with the $80 one. Bestbuy gives you $10 on top of that in reward.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Here's hoping my Amazon order comes through! If not, I'll almost certainly double dip on a digital version because no way am I missing this game on release day.

teseR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They must be pretty confident with the game to release it early and before any reviews have hit. Well, or it is the other way around.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
They ARE confident of the game, that much is obvious. The release date is more of a COVID-19 thing than anything to do with their confidence about the game, though. If their confidence is seen in anything, it's possibly the review embargo, if it's days before release.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FFVII will sell gangbusters anyway.

And it won't score that low. I can't imagine this being worse than FFXV. I wasn't even too hot on the demo but it was 10 times better than that trash.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
they're being so dumb about this

just release it digitally
You do realise it's not as simple as just "push button, game go out" right?

Hell, it's not even on Squenix when it comes to the digital version, that's on Sony and their PSN team.

This whole "Give ME what I want, you FUCKS" attitude I'm seeing from people is disgusting. Just wait for the scheduled release date and play something else in the meantime.

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You do realise it's not as simple as just "push button, game go out" right?

Hell, it's not even on Squenix when it comes to the digital version, that's on Sony and their PSN team.

This whole "Give ME what I want, you FUCKS" attitude I'm seeing from people is disgusting. Just wait for the scheduled release date and play something else in the meantime.
Lol simmer down

when multiple people are getting copies, the game is going to be spoiled soon enough so it's hilarious that they're asking people not to do just that

Last edited:

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I'm fine with waiting until April 10. I just got told we have reduced hours in work so that day will be an FFVII day anyway, maybe from preload at midnight

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Lol simmer down

when multiple people are getting copies, The game is going to be spoiled soon enough so it's hilarious that they're asking people not to do just that
Ding ding ding!

I do think Sony should just make it happen, at this point. People have been mentioning the marketing that SE has been put in place would not allow for an early release...? Well seems like SE did not care as much as you did, as they have decided to send the physical copies earlier in at least two territories.

Also, what can the marketing push do that the game has not already accomplished? This is one of the most awaited games on PS4 for the next 12 months. Everybody knows about it...! Like, it's not an early release that is going to affect it one bit. If anything, people will be freaking excited and just buy it directly.

I think at this point, there's just going to be an awkward moment between the first people getting their copies and Sony ultimately deciding to make this game available on the PSN earlier. What if 10,000 people get their copies this week? How can you control the spoilers at that point? It's not a Twitter post that's going to make any changes to that.

All of this is of course is super hypothetical, as we have never lived a situation such as this one... It would unprecedented, but I think very justified.

he's in chapter 3, how would he know it's 60 hours!

i do think that's what they'll shoot for - 30h story, 30hrs of side/end game content, but he's just guessing the same as me. ff15 came in at 40 / 40.

Yes, I did mention that its their estimate though.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I've played pre day one patch plenty of times and mostly all you miss is something like a performance mode option, it's not a huge deal imo.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
they're being so dumb about this

just release it digitally

It's not that easy. Sony/PlayStation try to make it easier for devs, letting them pick their release dates, but if Square uses Sony's internal check system at all, that will change the timing of the release. Since updates are generally done randomly throughout the day on Tuesdays, there are probably extra hoops to jump through to publish a game on any other day of the week. Pre-loading is usually available 2 days before release, but there's lag time there: once a game is submitted, it takes about a week before it's actually ready to go live. That's before we get at all into approval from regulatory bodies in various countries, too.

Lol simmer down

when multiple people are getting copies, the game is going to be spoiled soon enough so it's hilarious that they're asking people not to do just that

What, so now we shouldn't ask people to avoid doing something just because it might happen anyway? It's pretty reasonable to ask players that get it early not to post spoilers openly, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.