Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So no Xbox or PC? Don't tell me we have to wait another year after they said exclusivity was only 1 year...
This was a playstation event. Odds are good that the pc and xbox versions will be announced for june 10th before june 10th.

that being said just because an exclusive window is up doesn't mean they will be ready to release it on other platforms right away (or ever will) especially when something like covid-19 is involved.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I think crisis averted after looking closely, it's just a VR fight (that is VR arena), the clown from DoC is not story content.
Screenshot-2021-02-26-FINAL-FANTASY-VII-REMAKE-INTERGRADE-PS5-Announcement-Trailer-You-Tube.png

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
What I loved is how unexpected Yuffie was, thank god it didn't leaked. I like this kind of surprises would have never guessed a Yuffie DLC.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Good job S-E, good job! Such a great news, june is already packed between this and Ratchet

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people are worried about compilation stuff seeping in, most of the new additions to the lore in FF7R were already dumb as a sack of bricks

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
This was a playstation event. Odds are good that the pc and xbox versions will be announced for june 10th before june 10th.

that being said just because an exclusive window is up doesn't mean they will be ready to release it on other platforms right away (or ever will) especially when something like covid-19 is involved.
The official Final Fantasy Twitter tweeted about this and only mentioned PS5.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Again, you are arguing something that I already addressed. I never said that they had to follow source material verbatim. I said that they were going to take bits from the established FF7 canon to create a remake saga.

And again- if you paid attention to that ending- Square was pretty clear that they don't have to take *anything* from the prior games and what you are getting after this is absolutely not a remake.

The closest thing to FF7r is that JJ Abrams Star Trek movie. Theres some of the same people around, but continuity has been derailed completely and *nothing* that happened previously is guaranteed. If you're expecting stuff from Dirge of Cerberus or Advent Children to make appearances, you're probably going to be really disappointed.

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017
Are they removing any of the squeeze throughs? There had to have been atleast a hundred of those HDD forsaken things. And a fix to those texture bugs?

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, where's the confirmation the Episode Yuffie is coming to PS4?

Also, I'm surprised there's no confirmation of Xbox or PC either in the press release lol

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
If I go about installing this on the PS5 do I just insert the Play disc or do I need to dig out the install as well?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I wonder how you upgrade. I see Intergrade on the PS5 store but it says unavailable (I assume because I have the deluxe PS4 version).

Oct 31, 2017
So we got an episode DLC structure. A Pocket Edition. And a second mobile game that banks off current mobile trends. Its like another FF game that got shit on for years for doing these exact same things but I can't put my finger on it...
FFXV released with a butchered main story at launch that never got fixed along with a lack of other playable party members and other QoL issues. Not only that but it had blatant "BUY MY DLC" holes in the story. Not the same thing, also I have no idea if the wording of your post is just confusing but FFVIIR doesn't have a pocket edition or a 2nd mobile game? EDIT: nvm, just saw that they have mobile games

Every FF game is expected to have stuff like side games or sequels or whatever

The difference is that XV released as half-baked half-assed garbage and if you ask me they only rectified some of the gameplay issues. Game still has a wonky battle system with zero balance, a terrible and short story, and an empty and boring open world.

Last edited:

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
The official Final Fantasy Twitter tweeted about this and only mentioned PS5.
Probably can't talk other platforms until the exclusivity runs out, March 3rd.
If I go about installing this on the PS5 do I just insert the Play disc or do I need to dig out the install as well?
Probably just the play disc. You'll have the download the PS5 version anyway, so I don't see any reason for the data disc.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Would have rather had Red XIII playable chapter. But I guess we get Yuffie so she can rob us of our shit for part 2.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
This looks absolutely dope.

I bought Remake Day One and just never got to it - and it's killed me. But now? May as well wait - this will be a great way to jump in on PS5. The Yuffie stuff looks amazing.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I think crisis averted after looking closely, it's just a VR fight (that is VR arena), the clown from DoC is not story content.
Screenshot-2021-02-26-FINAL-FANTASY-VII-REMAKE-INTERGRADE-PS5-Announcement-Trailer-You-Tube.png
Makes perfect sense, and in that capacity, I think that's a pretty cool idea.

The humanoid bosses in the game are among the best, so this could end up being fun.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Just focus on Part 2....Like that's not necessary.

Otherwise, Yuffie looks good!

The way I see it, there is a part of the team currently working on the foundation of the house.
Those who would normally do painting, plumbing etc etc etc have to be kept on payroll so they're doing a side job until they are needed.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
.The PlayStation®5 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE and all related updates are required to play the new episode featuring Yuffie.
As per PSN Store listing, so I'd say it's PS5 only.
I'm guessing they're carrying over the assets from FFVIIR Part 2 for Yuffie.

Status
Not open for further replies.