Status
Not open for further replies.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
Considering it looks like mostly reused assests, it probably didn't take too much time. I also bet that new guy will be how they do cid's animations in the future because the whole spear thing. Yuffie obviously will be reused because, well Yuffie

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
Nice. Improvements to the sky box.

Looks like a great update overall...and free. They deserve credit for that.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
That doesn't say it's coming to PS4 though? It's talking about players who have the PS4 version that upgrade to PS5.
No? It's saying when you upgrade to PS5 (free) you will need to purchase the DLC.

There will likely be a full PS5 package that includes the DLC.
That literally says after you upgrade you need to purchase Episode Yuffie. You won't get it out of the box like if you just buy the PS5 version outright.
Oh, that's what I got from it.. (I gotta get some sleep)

Why are they being weird with this? Well the preorder is up on PSN. Somebody should check the PS4 store n see what it says. My fault, their wording is mental gymnastics to the max!

Oct 25, 2017
Look at what this game has done.
YX01dHl.png

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I love how people are literally scraping the bottom of the can to find something to keep complaining about regarding FFVII R, since the majority seem to, you know, love the hell out of it.

I hope the doors get even shittier looking. I want you to cling to that hatred.

How long until someone counts the pixels on Yuffie's chest?
lmao

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Looks awesome, and more content is always welcome. Will definitely be upgrading and playing.

Oct 26, 2017
And again- if you paid attention to that ending- Square was pretty clear that they don't have to take *anything* from the prior games and what you are getting after this is absolutely not a remake.

The closest thing to FF7r is that JJ Abrams Star Trek movie. Theres some of the same people around, but continuity has been derailed completely and *nothing* that happened previously is guaranteed. If you're expecting stuff from Dirge of Cerberus or Advent Children to make appearances, you're probably going to be really disappointed.

...What?

We literally have stuff coming from Dirge of Cerberus (Weiss), and it will not be a surprise if we see Advent Children content into the game. That's what I was saying in the first place. It may not be the exact same storyline as the PS2 original, but Nomura et al, clearly do not have a problem with integrating and rethinking previous characters into FF7r.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Smart to use DLC as an opportunity to design and test Yuffie's gameplay. It already looks like they're staying true to the idea of her being half-ranged and half-melee; looks like her Triangle move in combat will send out her shuriken to autocombo enemies and it can be recalled at will (but I'm assuming that while it's out, you won't have a melee attack).

Wonder if the spear dude is also a way to beta test Cid's combat, heh.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Deepground is in, but I figure Weiss will remain a VR fight

EvGzql7XIAIdwT9

Deepground was already set up in the Remake proper anyways through vague allusions so it's not as ridiculous as DoC was, IMO.

But yeah I'm excited for this, hoping you can select Yuffie Mode from the title screen before completing the game proper. I imagine you'll be able to.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Really cool to see a playable Yuffie, I'm guessing she's only playable for 1 chapter though. Sucks that my boy Nanaki is still a guest character tho. I'm guessing the rumored Tifa chapter is going to be this where you partially play as her but mostly Yuffie?

This new spear guy is going to basically be a preview to Cid's gameplay in future parts, isn't it?

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
So I guess there were rumors of a PS5/PC version with new content, I wonder when we'll hear about PC though. Would be great for all of those PS people that don't have a PS5 but have a PC.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, my personal dream Remake would look a lot different than this and I certainly have some sour grapes here and there but I'm also not enough of an entitled brat to not have a good time with this wild project. Looking forward to playing again in June. ^_^

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
If this isn't free on PS+ then holy shit I swear I've witnessed like 5 insiders get it wrong in a row now hahaha

Just funny is all

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I love how people are literally scraping the bottom of the can to find something to keep complaining about regarding FFVII R, since the majority seem to, you know, love the hell out of it.

People have legit reasons for disliking it that amount to a lot more than just the shitty door texture. Come on.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
YEEEESSSA, WEEEISSS

He always seemed to come out of nowhere, it'll be so cool to see his origin better illustrated even if just a little. Remake just keeps getting better.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

EvGzql7XIAIdwT9

Deepground was already set up in the Remake proper anyways through vague allusions so it's not as ridiculous as DoC was, IMO.

But yeah I'm excited for this, hoping you can select Yuffie Mode from the title screen before completing the game proper. I imagine you'll be able to.
Weiss is probably in VR because the dude is in a coma. Maybe the story has Yuffie trying to steal the materia from Deepground and she enters the VR to bypass security and Weiss is just chilling in there.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017

I thought Remake was pretty good, but I don't see why you're being so defensive.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
FFXV released with a butchered main story at launch that never got fixed along with a lack of other playable party members and other QoL issues. Not only that but it had blatant "BUY MY DLC" holes in the story. Not the same thing, also I have no idea if the wording of your post is just confusing but FFVIIR doesn't have a pocket edition or a 2nd mobile game?

Whatever mental gymnastics you need to do to justify why its okay for VII Remake to do it but not XV.

Also they announced a Battle Royal mobile game (that looks awful btw, looks like it runs poorly) and Ever Crisis, which is basically a pocket edition of FFVII.

Edit: Also in regards to FFXV's DLC, they did that because they wanted it all in one game. With the multi-project/episodic thing they are doing with FFVIIR putting DLC on top of that just screams "We want your money!!!" I do not expect them to sell this DLC at $5 like they did for XV DLC. I expect the Episode to cost an upwards of $15 if not more.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Curious as to the DLC cost of the Yuffie episode, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I half expected them to show the door during the side-by-side, as a bit of an inside joke, but maybe they're sore about it.

Anyway, I bought the game digitally in the first place to make such an upgrade easier, so I guess that worked out. Now we wait.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I'm cool that Weiss is here coz it's pretty obvious from the main game that they're going to incorporate all compilation lore in the Remake project. Actually, I'm glad it leads to an actual content and not just meaningless easter eggs/namedrop.

Yuffie looks great.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
€80 on the EU store

store.eu.square-enix-games.com

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade

Buy video games online at the Square Enix official store. Shop our top franchises including Final Fantasy, Nier, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest & more.

It is out a day before Ratchet so it looks like I will be taking the week off for both.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
... Because Square isn't charging for the port of FFVIIR, and they're providing quite a few enhancements.

What are you missing?
You mean they aren't charging for the upgrade. They are charging for the game if you don't own it.

what was Nintendo going to do, offer an upgrade path from the Wii version?

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020

EvGzql7XIAIdwT9

Probably still in the Yuffie chapter though. If it was in the main game they'd have pulled that out as a marketing point. "New bosses."

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Finished and platinumed the game when it came out so I would appreciate a new list but I'm assuming it's the same since it's a free upgrade and the Yuffie content is optional paid dlc.
PS4 and PS5 don't (can't) share throphy lists due to updates with stat tracking and activity cards. It'll be a new list.

Status
Not open for further replies.