• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
idk Cloud probably had some Barrier Materia on hand.
I mean you joke but isn't that technically canon? 😂

Tifa: You told me you were wearing protection.

Cloud: I WAS WEARING MY ARMOR!

or

Tifa: Even with your broken ribs you were....wait where's your condom?

Cloud: The fuck's a condom?

They definitely made the right choice in using a new cast, the new voice actors killed it. Even Marlene was great!

Marlene's one of the best child VAs that I've seen in a while. It's gonna be awkward when she shows up again and they either have to use a different voice or use her VA's older voice.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
EfE7isjUMAEbxt8

I can't wait for this.

Deleted member 66837

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 24, 2020
square-enix-games.com

How we rebuilt Midgar in FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE | Square Enix

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Co-Director Naoki Hamaguchi explains how the team rebuilt Midgar, the real world inspiration for the city, concept art and even some cut content.

Interesting read, i just wish we could have explored even more of Midgar, especially the upper plates, i loved chapter 2.
Really hoping Pt 2 is open world even though I did love the linear aspect of Pt 1

Rods

May 1, 2020
Seriously, I never played the original, in your opinion what type of open world is the best for the area that Pt 2 gonna take place? You can include other games as examples if you need to
The game that was open world and didn't feel empty to me was GTA V.
Witcher 3 did a good job with the world as well ( especially blood and wine), honestly if the world is anything between GTA V and Witcher 3 i'd be happy.

Bad examples of a open world would be FFXV and Ubisoft games.

I'm probably being unreasonable and FFVIIR doesn't have anywhere near the budget to do something like that.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's a nice middle ground between the level design of FF7R and the huge open worlds of FFXV/GTAV/Etc.

I've been on Team Zones since the announcement of the project.

Rods

May 1, 2020
I think there's a nice middle ground between the level design of FF7R and the huge open worlds of FFXV/GTAV/Etc.

I've been on Team Zones since the announcement of the project.
I didn't like how small and narrow everything felt like, the only places that i really enjoyed walking around was Wall Market, inside Shinra Building and the upper plate during chapter 2.
Like i said i'm probably being unreasonable and the budget doesn't allow for a world like GTA V or Cyberpunk 2077, so we can expect something like DQ11 or FFXV.

Deleted member 66837

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
The game that was open world and didn't feel empty to me was GTA V.
Witcher 3 did a good job with the world as well ( especially blood and wine), honestly if the world is anything between GTA V and Witcher 3 i'd be happy.

Bad examples of a open world would be FFXV and Ubisoft games.

I'm probably being unreasonable and FFVIIR doesn't have anywhere near the budget to do something like that.
Makes sense! Yeah GTAV and RDR2 are still my ideal open world games it's hard to enjoy other open worlds that don't equal them. But gladly take whatever 7R can give as long as it retains the quality of part 1 plus a photo mode

Rods

May 1, 2020
Makes sense! Yeah GTAV and RDR2 are still my ideal open world games it's hard to enjoy other open worlds that don't equal them. But gladly take whatever 7R can give as long as it retains the quality of part 1 plus a photo mode
Oh yeah, i'll gladly buy another 10 games of the same quality as the first one, i'm just talking about my dream scenario.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Why?
The small and narrow zones were not what made FFVIIR special in my opinion.

The smaller/corridor level design allowed them to focus on improving the quality of the rest of the game. The bigger the world they make, the lower the quality of the rest of the game.

With that being said, now that they have the foundation of the mechanics down i don't expect the next games to be nearly as limited. I think we'll get alot more room to explore, but well short of a FFXV sized world. We're going to be funneled from location to location just like the original game.

Rods

May 1, 2020
The smaller/corridor level design allowed them to focus on improving the quality of the rest of the game. The bigger the world they make, the lower the quality of the rest of the game.

With that being said, now that they have the foundation of the mechanics down i don't expect the next games to be nearly as limited. I think we'll get alot more room to explore, but well short of a FFXV sized world. We're going to be funneled from location to location just like the original game.
Makes sense, it's why i said it was my dream scenario, i don't think they have the budget to make a great open world without lowering the quality of the rest of the game.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
They can pull off semi open world between major locations. It wouldn't even need that big a budget since it doesn't need as much detail as the major locations.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Besides sales what else could they do?

They've been giving codes to Twitch streamers to give away including Aerith's VA.

They could put out ads for the game on anime streaming sites/apps to get the weebs.

Outside of the sales and the eventual multi-platform release, I can't think of much else. At some point they're gonna want to just get as many people on board to boost the sales of part 2 so I expect Gamepass/PSNow contracts in the future as well.

Deleted member 66837

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
They've been giving codes to Twitch streamers to give away including Aerith's VA.

They could put out ads for the game on anime streaming sites/apps to get the weebs.

Outside of the sales and the eventual multi-platform release, I can't think of much else. At some point they're gonna want to just get as many people on board to boost the sales of part 2 so I expect Gamepass/PSNow contracts in the future as well.
That makes sense especially since it's clear they're not doing any post release patches. Big sales from here on out to try to get to 8-10m players and hope half pickup Pt 2 in first Quarter of its release

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people loved FFVII:R. Some people didn't. But one thing is sure, putting Briana White in the spotlight was one of the best things about the game.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
random ass detail/coincidence i've just noticed on my third playthrough: marlene hides behind the bar from cloud in the same way she hides behind a wall from loz in advent children

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
Finished this today. As someone who knew nothing about the original FFVII (except the most obvious spoiler since someone decided to post that untagged in an unrelated thread lol) this was kind confusing, but after watching a couple of videos for context it makes sense.

What's the general consensus about this game? I don't know if it was controversial due to changing some events from the original or smth.

I enjoyed it to be fair, hopefully we'll get to play both part 2 and part 3 in next gen consoles and somewhat soon

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
Finished this today. As someone who knew nothing about the original FFVII (except the most obvious spoiler since someone decided to post that untagged in an unrelated thread lol) this was kind confusing, but after watching a couple of videos for context it makes sense.

What's the general consensus about this game? I don't know if it was controversial due to changing some events from the original or smth.

I enjoyed it to be fair, hopefully we'll get to play both part 2 and part 3 in next gen consoles and somewhat soon
ResetERA polls here showed that while the game was controversial for its changes, the majority of people who played the game on this site liked the changes. It was like a 2 to 1 ratio or something like that. Also, sales are good and reviews are good. So most people who talk about the game are happy with the game.

Deleted member 66837

Banned
Apr 24, 2020

General consensus people liked it or loved, the ending isn't as divisive as people on here like to say. Game sold well and is being completed at an all time rate (second highest completion rate for a PS4 game)

Deleted member 66837

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Do you have a source for that stat?
Always my friend:
https://gamerant.com/last-us-2-highest-completion-percentage-ps4-games/

According to a recent screenshot, more than half of The Last of Us 2 players completed the game — 58% to be exact.

This percentage is much higher than other popular PS4 games, with the next highest games by completion rate, Final Fantasy 7 Remake and God of War, at 53.3% and 51.8% respectively.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe this game hasn't got a single patch yet...
At this point I am wondering if they are just working on PS5 version.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the game was pretty good, but dislike the mystery box storytelling at the ending. I don't believe they have a plan, I think it will end up being a cheap and manipulative way to pretend Aerith isn't going to die, and she will anyway. Like to proven wrong, whenever the next one comes out.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I'm really glad this has been really well received. I have quibbles with it, namely the very linear design (I'm fine with linearity, but this was near FFXIII tubes) and some of the obvious loading masks, but I think it's a great base to build on for the future sequels. The combat is sublime. I need to finish that Plat one of these days.

Briana White is awesome. I've been following her playthrough on and off. She seems super into it. I think the voice cast in general was great, though I hope the voice director tries to tone down the "anime grunts" a bit next time. I know they come with the territory a bit, but I really think they could be avoided and it would be fine.

If anyone hasn't seen it, check out Aerith's chapter 14 scene that you get if her affection rating is higher than Tifa's. It's really good.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have an easy access to the image that shows the various timelines and changes in the game? It was making the rounds some months back. It was super well-done and showed really everything that needed to be known to untangle the story. I somehow didn't save it. :(

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Briana White is awesome. I've been following her playthrough on and off. She seems super into it. I think the voice cast in general was great, though I hope the voice director tries to tone down the "anime grunts" a bit next time. I know they come with the territory a bit, but I really think they could be avoided and it would be fine.

Briana just finished the game a few days ago after taking a break from streaming for a month or so. As you can imagine, it was pretty emotional. I cannot imagine the hefty weight on the shoulders of the voice actors for this game to recreate the beloved characters, but I'm not sure anyone bears a heavier weight than Briana, given the importance Aerith has to the story.

Definitely wondering if TGS is going to be where we hear about the multi-platform release date for this game. A PC version is basically a given, but I do wonder if they'll offer a free upgrade to PS5 or if it will make its way to XBox in some form.

Rods

May 1, 2020
Does anyone have an easy access to the image that shows the various timelines and changes in the game? It was making the rounds some months back. It was super well-done and showed really everything that needed to be known to untangle the story. I somehow didn't save it. :(
I'm gonna need more info on the image you are looking for.
I remember the 3 midgar theory being posted here but i'm not sure if it's the one:
pqBZ9sc.png

Rods

May 1, 2020

Ultimania Trailer

I'm guessing the second picture of Tseng is the younger 3D model?

Rods

May 1, 2020

Too bad, i was hoping they would patch it in.
The only reason i can think of is time constraints.