• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Those sets all look nice, but WHM one is basically just another iteration of the other dozens of robe sets we already have.

I actually like the SMN one a fair bit. Given my WoL headcanon is that she's really trying to take it easy after saving all of existence a lower key travelling set would fit.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
MNK set looks dope, especially if the two channel dyes are the ones you'd want

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
Pictomancer is my pick for the worst AF set of the expansion. I don't care if it's a homage to a classic FF character or whatever.

This WAR set is probably the best they've ever done. Can't say I'm a fan of any of the previous sets.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
MNK set looks so good I wish I liked playing MNK...That with the ShB tonfa relic would look sick as hell.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to play some different classes now after seeing those armours. No time though. Still need to start, play and finish Endwalker and the clock is ticking. WHM dash to the finish line

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
WHM gear...

CvSKJCq.png

The Seventh Heaven set is still my favorite WHM AF armor. I just wish it wasn't such a paint to make dyeable. I wish they would reduce the amount of Anemos crystals needed to augment Stormblood AF.

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Pictomancer is my pick for the worst AF set of the expansion. I don't care if it's a homage to a classic FF character or whatever.

This WAR set is probably the best they've ever done. Can't say I'm a fan of any of the previous sets.

Yeah, I think the hat really takes it down many pegs for me. It might be salvageable with a different pair of shoes and headgear, however. Also curious to see it in different colors.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Datamines from the benchmark are out.

It's much more substantial than EW's datamines being simply the animations but you still can't glean entire job changes. It seems to me it's just "X job is getting an unknown y trait relating to z skill". Reworked buttons aren't shown since it looks to me these are just traits.

View here.

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017

It's much more substantial than EW's datamines being simply the animations but you still can't glean entire job changes. It seems to me it's just "X job is getting an unknown y trait relating to z skill". Reworked buttons aren't shown since it looks to me these are just traits.

View here.

The BLM stuff will take some getting used to, but I like the general idea. Can't wait for media tour and skills videos.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Of course! If you start getting deeper into it and have any other questions let me know!

Hmmm.. yeah, I don't know why I wasn't using this if it doesn't overwrite any of the other DoTs! I initially took my loadout from someone more knowledgeable and modified it so I'm not sure why they didn't have it in there. I'll be swapping Bad Breath out for this for sure. Thanks! I'm obviously not a pro at BLU yet, just an enthusiast lol

I need to get back into BLU with the fate farming coming up. I also have a ton of old lvl 80 maps rotting in the mail, so this guide is super inspiring. Maybe I'll convince the SO to duo some of them with me.

Oct 27, 2017
I completed The Burn solo as BLU yesterday. Going slow, but dungeons where vibe check works are actually...not bad. Now I just need to find people willing to do SB trials

Drachen

May 3, 2021
Dawntrail AF armors. Link stolen from Reddit.

DRK: Looks great as always

GNB: Not a fan of how the bottom of the coat transitions to red. Otherwise, another good set.

RPR: Male version is better since their pants don't have the diamond cutouts on the front.

The velvet materials on some of the sets look fantastic.
Love:
Black Mage, Bard, Gunbreaker, Machinist, Pictomancer, Scholar, Summoner, Viper

Like:
Dancer, Dark Knight, Monk, Paladin, Reaper, Samurai, Sage, Warrior

Meh:
Dragoon, Ninja, Red Mage, Astro, White Mage

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I contemplate changing mains to MCH purely for the aesthetic. Then I remember I tunnel vision so hard on it it makes my eyes hurt lol

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need to get back into BLU with the fate farming coming up. I also have a ton of old lvl 80 maps rotting in the mail, so this guide is super inspiring. Maybe I'll convince the SO to duo some of them with me.
I'm really happy you're finding it useful :)

Just a note, I haven't actually tried the maps as a BLU duo. I'm sure it can be done, but just be aware that Basic Instinct can't be utilized unless you're the only one in an instance - so it could potentially go slower than solo.. doesn't mean it couldn't be more fun, though! If you were going to attempt that I'd suggest one of you do a Tank-mimicked build similar to what I posted here and the other person figure out a hearty Healer-mimic build... or if you're feeling spicy, the other person could do a pure DPS build for faster killing. That's a lot of the fun of BLU, it's all personalization and versatility.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I'm two hours into Endwalker and I've already helped my new Elephant Man friend sell some fish. Enjoying myself

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

View here.
Yeah, this only lists skills that turn into something else either via a trait or via a buff, not new skills period.

Still like you said, they are doing fairly few simple visual upgrades to skills and instead adding more conditional skills that you can use on top of those skills. This is very interesting because for example this means that the Aoe Chain Stratagem SCH used on the benchmark isn't a simple AoE upgrade but has another active component to it.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Yeah, this only lists skills that turn into something else either via a trait or via a buff, not new skills period.

Still like you said, they are doing fairly few simple visual upgrades do skill and instead adding more conditional skills that you can use on top of those skills. This is very interesting because for example this means that the Aoe Chain Stratagem SCH used on the benchmark isn't a simple AoE upgrade but has another active component to it.
Yup, if you begin to analyze and understand the code, theres a lot of details worth perking our ears up for here imo. Dark Knight and Monk especially

Foolish

Jun 23, 2022
NfvI6q3.png

Started playing about two weeks before Shadowbringers launch. It's been a long road... But I walked it to its end! I'm ready to blaze a new trail come dawn!

1 of 10 ARR relics completed
13 of 13 HW relics completed
1 of 15 StB relics completed
10 of 17 ShB relics completed
19 of 19 EW relics completed (plus all tools)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a trial player going through Stormblood at the moment, and I was wondering if there's anything I can spend my gil on. I'm almost always at the 300k cap.

Oct 27, 2017
NfvI6q3.png

Started playing about two weeks before Shadowbringers launch. It's been a long road... But I walked it to its end! I'm ready to blaze a new trail come dawn!

1 of 10 ARR relics completed
13 of 13 HW relics completed
1 of 15 StB relics completed
10 of 17 ShB relics completed
19 of 19 EW relics completed (plus all tools)

Congrats! That's a hella of a feat

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm a trial player going through Stormblood at the moment, and I was wondering if there's anything I can spend my gil on. I'm almost always at the 300k cap.
Here is an in-depth guide, but if you're in Stormblood, personally I would probably buy a Vermillion Paper Parasol for 100k and try to resell that after you upgrade (current lowest price on the MB is 105k in NA)

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
just finished ARR (Ultimate Weapon Quest) after just barely under a month of (quite casual) playing and i'm kinda lost in terms of what i want to do. I'm level 52 WHM and started Rogue as a second class recently because i read it makes sense to level a second class at some point with the abundance of XP you get from MSQs.
On one side i want to continue pushing through the MSQ to get into the expansions but having finished ARR and reaching level 50+ it feels like now would be a good time to level a second class (which means i can't continue the MSQ because of the LVL Requirements) and find more side content to enjoy. I'm now focusing on the FF16 crossover events as that is time limited but have no idea where to go from there. Finish low level side quests with my Rogue to level up (and get some more lore)? Level my Rogue only doing Duty Roulette, otherwise continue pushing through MSQ as WHM?

I really love the game though, i just feel like if i continue pushing through MSQs until Endwalker i'll miss out on learning all the other content and systems that might even be useful or fun. Or am i just distracting myself needlessly?

BTW i'm not under any illusions that I'll play Dawntrail at launch or anything as i don't want to rush and burn out. Which i guess is the reason why i'm even considering getting distracted with the games many other contents.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
just finished ARR (Ultimate Weapon Quest) after just barely under a month of (quite casual) playing and i'm kinda lost in terms of what i want to do. I'm level 52 WHM and started Rogue as a second class recently because i read it makes sense to level a second class at some point with the abundance of XP you get from MSQs.
On one side i want to continue pushing through the MSQ to get into the expansions but having finished ARR and reaching level 50+ it feels like now would be a good time to level a second class (which means i can't continue the MSQ because of the LVL Requirements) and find more side content to enjoy. I'm now focusing on the FF16 crossover events as that is time limited but have no idea where to go from there. Finish low level side quests with my Rogue to level up (and get some more lore)? Level my Rogue only doing Duty Roulette, otherwise continue pushing through MSQ as WHM?

I really love the game though, i just feel like if i continue pushing through MSQs until Endwalker i'll miss out on learning all the other content and systems that might even be useful or fun. Or am i just distracting myself needlessly?

BTW i'm not under any illusions that I'll play Dawntrail at launch or anything as i don't want to rush and burn out. Which i guess is the reason why i'm even considering getting distracted with the games many other contents.
Palace of the Dead was pretty much the go when I was levelling my other classes to 50 aside from the Levelling roulette. Not sure how active it is now though.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

You could pick up Samurai and/or Red Mage jobs in Uldah (both DPS). You'll need to do the hard version of the trials you've already faced which you can pick up from the Waking Sands as well as complete the Crystal Tower alliance raids (24 players) in order to progress into Heavensward. You have a lot of level 50 quests and story to get through before you even start HW so feel free to pace it however you see fit. There's a ton of optional level 50 dungeons you can now do as well.

I don't think any of the expansions give you enough XP to level two jobs simultaneously. If you start Heavensward on a level 50 job you'll probably be low 60s by the time you finish the story. You get a buffer zone but not a big enough one to level a second job cleanly.

Also you should have access to a new vendor near the 3 main cities' aetherytes that will trade your poetics for level 50 item level 130 gear. If you want more poetics you'll need to do more level 50 content.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
The actual post-ARR MSQ is something like 80 quests, 6 trials, 2 dungeons, and 3 alliance raids. The three 2.0 MSQ primals have their Hard versions that you have to complete at some point before 2.5 as well.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

Back when I started playing I always clear an expansion's "core" content first (raids, alliance raids, and the likes) before moving on the MSQ.You do you, but I mind myself enjoying the game more that way. One thing you can consider is you don't need to stop story progress to level another Job, unless you want to play the story with that Job meaning you have to catch up level wise. You won't find any level 51 and above quest until you reach Heavensward proper, and you can catch up any alt Job to 50 fairly quickly if you do daily roulettes with it.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

No, the side content can be some of the best content in FFXIV.

The way I worked through side content was by completing the MSQ of a patch (so for examples case, 2.1) and then when I finished the final quest of that patch (you usually get an Achievement for completing a patch) go to the wiki for that patch and check out what content was added. I then went and completed that side content and continued MSQ into the next patch (2.2). This was alongside doing daily Roulettes with other jobs to level them up.

This way I was spacing out my story and side content but also experiencing it as close to possible as the patch cycles were released back in the day. Counterpoint to my friends who would complete every Trial / Raid / Alliance Raid ASAP.

I also do agree that doing side stuff is very pertinent to not burning out. It took me roughly a year of actual play to catch up to the end of Endwalker and I only burned out after Shadowbringers for 3-4 months.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
I really need to start figuring out a way to make gil, I'm stuck at about 7 mil and would love to get enough for a large house.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
male miqote got shafted hard in the graphics update, the faces look all weird. on the other hand the male midlander looks way better than before. guess I'm going back to generic midlander.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
I really need to start figuring out a way to make gil, I'm stuck at about 7 mil and would love to get enough for a large house.
i think the best effortless money generating is from sub voyage that some1 posted a long time here.

tho you do need to level your sub and explore up to the lv50 regions. and make your own sub parts if dont want to buy them. and you need a fc that can free range let you keep profit too

4 subs going out for those npc sellable items can net you between 200-800k per voyage. ita about 1-2days pet voyage trip.
while i was still activate it accumulated quite alot of money for me that i use it for getting a med fc house. had enough for lg but too much competition to rng and win. i just went for a med house first.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I finally got Rebirth Platinum, I can finally sub again.
But Yokai's first week is going to be hell with everyone farming for it (and loads of complains about BLU one shotting FATEs) so I'll wait at least one week, haha.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have to be playing as the class to get the weapon for it? Pls say no.
No, you just need to have the minion associated with that class summoned and do fates in the areas associated with that minion.

For example if you want the PLD weapon you need Shogunyan summoned and do fates in East Shroud, Lower La Noscea and Central Thanalan.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
So I'm at Level 60 BLM and my hotbar is becoming a mess.

Do people put all ice on one set, all fire on the other? I've never had to swap hotbars other than for fast travel.

Also why can't I buy Cordials from the vendor? Do I have to do all the Hunting Logs for the company to be able to buy the second and third tier of items?

Last edited: