• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Datamines from the benchmark are out.

It's much more substantial than EW's datamines being simply the animations but you still can't glean entire job changes. It seems to me it's just "X job is getting an unknown y trait relating to z skill". Reworked buttons aren't shown since it looks to me these are just traits.

View here.

Man I'm huffing all sorts of copium over here over those implied healer changes. Don't give me hope!!

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm at Level 60 BLM and my hotbar is becoming a mess.

Do people put all ice on one set, all fire on the other? I've never had to swap hotbars other than for fast travel.

Also why can't I buy Cordials from the vendor? Do I have to do all the Hunting Logs for the company to be able to buy the second and third tier of items?

I've been leveling BLM as well lately and yeah, I decided to put all single target fire and ice spells together. I'm playing on controller so at the moment I have the R2 buttons and ice on R2 +> L2 buttons.
I have the fire and ice AoEs together because I keep my AoEs on L2 across all jobs and they all fit for now.
Maybe others that have played the job for longer have better advice, my hotbars get a little weird due to old habits and universal skills across different jobs.

I'll likely adjust more as I level and find out what I like more, also the benchmark datamine suggests Dawntrail will change Fire 4 and Blizzard 4, Flair and Freeze, Umbral Soul and Dispair will share buttons and change based on stance so whatever you end up with will be changing if that's true.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
When you play a NPC and they combo skill automatically switch to the next step of the combo I love it, they should give us this option.
But yeah, think I'll like this BLM change, like Ley Lines should switch to "Between the Lines" while it's up and maybe that's what is happening anyway.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I've been leveling BLM as well lately and yeah, I decided to put all single target fire and ice spells together. I'm playing on controller so at the moment I have the R2 buttons and ice on R2 +> L2 buttons.
I have the fire and ice AoEs together because I keep my AoEs on L2 across all jobs and they all fit for now.
Maybe others that have played the job for longer have better advice, my hotbars get a little weird due to old habits and universal skills across different jobs.

I'll likely adjust more as I level and find out what I like more, also the benchmark datamine suggests Dawntrail will change Fire 4 and Blizzard 4, Flair and Freeze, Umbral Soul and Dispair will share buttons and change based on stance so whatever you end up with will be changing if that's true.

Would allowing L2 + R2 to have it's own set of hotbar commands make things too easy?

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017
Also why can't I buy Cordials from the vendor? Do I have to do all the Hunting Logs for the company to be able to buy the second and third tier of items?

Assuming you mean the Grand Company vendor, you need to be a Chief ____ Sergeant to purchase NQ Cordials for GC seals.

If you're gathering, I would recommend using Hi-Cordials from the Scrip Exchange vendor. They give more GP back and have a shorter cooldown, plus you'll be swimming in white scrip if you do Ocean Fishing (or collectable turnins).

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
i think the best effortless money generating is from sub voyage that some1 posted a long time here.

tho you do need to level your sub and explore up to the lv50 regions. and make your own sub parts if dont want to buy them. and you need a fc that can free range let you keep profit too

4 subs going out for those npc sellable items can net you between 200-800k per voyage. ita about 1-2days pet voyage trip.
while i was still activate it accumulated quite alot of money for me that i use it for getting a med fc house. had enough for lg but too much competition to rng and win. i just went for a med house first.

I'd need a second character that has it's own FC then, so don't think that's an option.

Think I'll have to start focussing on a gathering/crafting job in order to start making some Gil. As someone who hasn't leveled any of these, which one would be the best to go for to start earning money?

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
na.finalfantasyxiv.com

An Update on the Dawntrail Official Benchmark | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

An Update on the Dawntrail Official Benchmark

The character creation environment should have been updated, but was overlooked as we prioritized the development of Dawntrail and tuning the graphical update in the actual game, for which I would like to apologize.

We are currently expediting a rework of the environments and light sources of character creation for both the actual game and the benchmark; once that is complete, the current benchmark will be replaced.

The following points are some of the factors that will be resolved by applying the graphical update of the actual game to the character creation system:

• A."Lifeless" eyes due to a lack of highlights in the pupils
  • B.Facial contours appearing flattened due to incorrect lighting conditions caused by backlighting
  • C.A lack of gloss or excessive appearance of gloss due to character creation-exclusive weather conditions (i.e. the use of thunderclouds)

Benchmark update coming at some point. People were right when they noticed how the CC locations weren't updated to take advantage of the new engine featues leading to characters looking bad in CC but fine in "game" (benchmark).

I look forward to the update.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
So I'm at Level 60 BLM and my hotbar is becoming a mess.

Do people put all ice on one set, all fire on the other? I've never had to swap hotbars other than for fast travel.

This is my hotbar at level 90. I play on controller. I basically have all fire together on R2 and Ice on L2. The emoji is on my hotbar because it lets me know when I can slide cast when it lights up.

blm_hotbar.png

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really happy you're finding it useful :)

Just a note, I haven't actually tried the maps as a BLU duo. I'm sure it can be done, but just be aware that Basic Instinct can't be utilized unless you're the only one in an instance - so it could potentially go slower than solo.. doesn't mean it couldn't be more fun, though! If you were going to attempt that I'd suggest one of you do a Tank-mimicked build similar to what I posted here and the other person figure out a hearty Healer-mimic build... or if you're feeling spicy, the other person could do a pure DPS build for faster killing. That's a lot of the fun of BLU, it's all personalization and versatility.

Ahh you're right about basic instinct... Back before we took a break we were duoing those maps as a WAR/WHM duo, but it was pretty slow. And of course suffering the same terrible door RNG. I still need the lvl 70 map achievements too, so maybe I'll try those solo as well.

I wonder if a WAR/BLM healing mimic team would work better in that case. Problem is he just hasn't ever put time into collecting BLU spells, so he doesn't have any of the new fun spicy stuff. And I've never been much for playing healing classes either, though BLU healing is less complex in my opinion.

I also never really set up a proper BiS set, so I'll have to dig out my piles of old materia outta the saddlebags.

ChimeraTech

Apr 7, 2022
na.finalfantasyxiv.com

An Update on the Dawntrail Official Benchmark | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

An Update on the Dawntrail Official Benchmark

Benchmark update coming at some point. People were right when they noticed how the CC locations weren't updated to take advantage of the new engine featues leading to characters looking bad in CC but fine in "game" (benchmark).

I look forward to the update.
Yeah, this is awesome, much needed in general. My character already looked good in the benchmark, so I'm excited to see what this does. They're even aware of other issues it seems like (ie neck seam holes, low res textures, etc).

I wonder if they'll use the same locations for the new CC, or switch it up for newness sake.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I don't play with them showing, but I think the upper left and right hot bars are from double-tapping L2 or R2. The WXHB (double cross hot bar) setting.
Oh wow, you miss out on so much being legally blind and being unable to investigate the menus properly. It took me until a week or so ago to open up the list of all the city and regions I can teleport to. I was doing everything from the map and it was... frustrating.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, you miss out on so much being legally blind and being unable to investigate the menus properly. It took me until a week or so ago to open up the list of all the city and regions I can teleport to. I was doing everything from the map and it was... frustrating.

Dunno if this will help or if you already know about it, but you can resize the windows by clicking in the right stick (R3) while they are active.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
Being able to adjust them on the fly is super helpful. I just wish I could make the map bigger and figure out how to put pins down.

For the map window I think you might need to click and drag the window (I dunno how to get the virtual mouse up on controller, I play at my desk so just use my mouse) but zooming in/put is L1+right stick up/down and putting down a flag (can only have one at a time) is R1+L1.

To make the minimap bigger you need to go into the HUD settings, select it (click on it or in the drop down), into the settings cog and change the Element Size %.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Being able to adjust them on the fly is super helpful. I just wish I could make the map bigger and figure out how to put pins down.
Couple things that might help on this front:
You'll have to drag the bottom right corner of the map to make it bigger. virtual mouse is L1+R3 to turn it on and off. Map pins are I think L1+R1?
And if you want less futzing with menus for resizing HUD elements, after you've selected them in HUD settings, you can just press R3 and they'll cycle through the available sizes the same as windows do. And I think the dpad moves them around when selected in HUD settings IIRC

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Oh okay. Assuming it has to be higher for higher level gear?

Is there an easy way to leave and return to a dungeon?
If you're running Duty Support with NPCs then sort of. If you bring the duty finder back up in a dungeon there will be an option to leave. If you leave you'll have to restart though, so keep that in mind. There's a matchmaking penalty for doing this with other people though I think?

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, easy way is bring up the Duty Finder menu and you can leave there. No penalty with NPCs or Solo but will give you a 30min penalty leaving a group of real people if I remember right, unless you are not the first to leave (if someone else quits before you, you are free to leave with no penalty).

And you need to be a high enough level crafter and have Dark Matter of the appropriate grade (can get it from Grand Company trader, PVP mark trader or I think Market Boards). Other people can also repair your stuff mid run too if they can repair stuff, but you need to request it from them (right click them or target them and hit Square for the menu).

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Theres no way to do halatali or whatever the name of the dungeon with NPCs, right? Just want to get some hunting log entries and explore but without having to rush like everyone always seem to do in these instanced parties... and free trial so no cant ask for parties and stuff

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

You can be 10 levels under your gear level to repair it. So if you were to level crafters to 90 now, you'd be fine to repair gear all throughout Dawntrail.

Leveling crafters is pretty easy and cheap via the Ishgard Restoration. You have to get to level 20 first, but that can easily be done by spamming material crafts (ingots, cloth, etc). You can also casually level via the crafting tribe quests for each expansion, and the stories for the crafting quests are always fun (though unlocking the moogle quests in HW is tedious, lots of normal side quests).

And you need to be a high enough level crafter and have Dark Matter of the appropriate grade (can get it from Grand Company trader, PVP mark trader or I think Market Boards). Other people can also repair your stuff mid run too if they can repair stuff, but you need to request it from them (right click them or target them and hit Square for the menu).

Lots of regular NPCs sell dark matter, and it's cheap. You can even get a junkmonger vendor in your house that can sell it.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Theres no way to do halatali or whatever the name of the dungeon with NPCs, right? Just want to get some hunting log entries and explore but without having to rush like everyone always seem to do in these instanced parties... and free trial so no cant ask for parties and stuff

You can, but it involves Adventurer Squadrons on your Grand Company. I forgot how to unlock or how far must you go to before you can do that.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
I did step of Faith msq with the
dragon battle
and wow was It really good.
Does heavensword reach and surpass these moments? Cannot wait to reach it

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
The new solo instances are actually pretty challenging compared to the multiplayer instances they replaced especially if you're a new player. I've seen a lot of people say Rhitahtyn was quite a difficulty jump.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Arvina was an annoying change because of a single mechanic that can one shot you if you don't know it beforehand forcing you to start over. Its something that really annoys me about the solo instances they tend to do. The one shot stuff is always annoying and the band-aid of putting it on very easy to save time is insulting. Just allow for some leeway on a first attempt so surprise mechanics don't force a do over. Its especially annoying during NPC-controlled solo intances when you are given a new set up.

At least add some checkpoints (I think they learned this with XVI even though that tends to lean on the easy side).

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I think Step of Faith took me 3 tries when it first released, but I absolutely heard some horror stories because people wouldn't know or learn the mechanics.
My horror story of 2.X was The Chrysalis because we kept failing the DPS check or the tanks would fail getting hit by meteors, that one was tight as hell.
I was also pissed because as I summoner I felt very weak, I needed to apply all my poison debuffs and in a DPS race that's not ideal.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
I keep coming back to red mage. Even if it's not what makes sense for my WoL. It's just too good. I will make it make sense gdi.

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
Resubbed today, and was curious.

With a full set of current gear, how would Golbez EX go? Like would any mechanics be skipped at this point, or would I need to wait until DT to see a notable difference? Trying to clear that fight when it was new was mind numbing for me, and was the main reason I finally unsubbed for so long.

I just want to try and get one of the weapons, but if it's still rather difficult I will wait for DT.

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017
The OG Steps of Faith was so neat. So unique and challenging for something MSQ.

Shame to see it nerfed and then turned into a solo duty. Heustienne shows up during the duty, though, so that's cool.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Resubbed today, and was curious.

With a full set of current gear, how would Golbez EX go? Like would any mechanics be skipped at this point, or would I need to wait until DT to see a notable difference? Trying to clear that fight when it was new was mind numbing for me, and was the main reason I finally unsubbed for so long.

I just want to try and get one of the weapons, but if it's still rather difficult I will wait for DT.
Wait for Dawntrail

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
The community really is one of the best things in FFXIV. This is lala bench on Excalibur and you can always just find some of us hanging out here. You never know who will turn up, but there are always people gathering there and we just sit, have conversations, afk, play music or talk to random new players. Truly an amazing experience, just makes me so glad that we have such an awesome game. :)

Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Screenshot-2024-04-20-22-37-41-46.png