• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
Day 1 of Eureka progress was surprisingly smooth, having a FC member who knows the map is a huge help. Got to level 10 rather quickly.

I really like the elemental wheel system.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'm going to need everyone to tell me their favourite spear glam. Preferably one that isn't purple and spiky bc that's not my vibe. So far I dig Areadbhar Lux in metallic silver, Ryunohige and Narval.

DarthKamen

Jun 22, 2023
Okay I'm going to need everyone to tell me their favourite spear glam. Preferably one that isn't purple and spiky bc that's not my vibe. So far I dig Areadbhar Lux in metallic silver, Ryunohige and Narval.
Absolute Lance, based off one of the coolest looking bosses in the series IMO.

(It's pink-ish purple I suppose, but I see it more as pink)

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

Thing is, the ones you listed are kinda peak spear designs in FFXIV lmao

I also like:
These are some of my faves that I've rocked here and there through the years

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if we'll have to redo all our portraits due to the graphics/lighting update, or if they'll all simply convert over.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017

Easily the HW relics. The weapon itself is just eh, but you pull it out and have a flaming holographic dragon on the end? Perfection.

I do feel that's kind of cheating though.

Another I really like (sadly another relic) is the Elemental/Pyros/Hydatos Lance. Just a big ol' lancy boi.
%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AC%E3%83%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9-full.png

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If you've ever considered getting every zodiac relic weapon, I highly suggest doing the atma FATE grind right now. You could get 10 of all 12 crystals with very little effort as every ARR zone is being wiped clean by yokai medal grinders. You just need a single zenith weapon to get atma crystal drops. Do it while people are still trying to get every yokai weapon.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Niche question but I'm hoping someone knows: How low can max Spell Speed get your Fire 4 casts with 6.55's gearing options?

I'm trying to see how low I can get it in the lead up to Dawntrail to see if I want to pursue BLM for my raiding static. Currently I'm running a MCH out of necessity because I joined them as they were making P12S prog and wanted to just catch up after then only recent re-subbing, but I don't feel like I bring enough damage or utility to warrant MCH for the next raid tier.

I'm down to 2.44s at 655, but I'm still missing a lot of good pieces (Raid Head, Chest, Neck, Ring, Feet).

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Niche question but I'm hoping someone knows: How low can max Spell Speed get your Fire 4 casts with 6.55's gearing options?

I'm trying to see how low I can get it in the lead up to Dawntrail to see if I want to pursue BLM for my raiding static. Currently I'm running a MCH out of necessity because I joined them as they were making P12S prog and wanted to just catch up after then only recent re-subbing, but I don't feel like I bring enough damage or utility to warrant MCH for the next raid tier.

I'm down to 2.44s at 655, but I'm still missing a lot of good pieces (Raid Head, Chest, Neck, Ring, Feet).
Best in slot for a super high spell speed build can get you down to 2.14 gcd and a 1.88 gcd in Ley Lines.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Storm Blood is a bit slow but I just went under the sea which is neat.

Not really getting useful gear from the quests sadly. I'm sure that will change soon enough.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, it is done, I now have all jobs/professions/chocobo…. and even trust at max level. This took a very long time but now getting them all from 90 to 100 is going to feel like a breeze, haha.
Now I'll focus on the Yokai event and after that, getting the last BLU spells I'm missing. Then there's sightseeing which I recently completed ARR for, I'm far from done with the game and I don't even touch end-game content. The bad side of this is that even playing since 2014 and having 2500 hours I only got 330 commendations lmao.
Too stressed to play anything but DPS when forced to do group content.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Best in slot for a super high spell speed build can get you down to 2.14 gcd and a 1.88 gcd in Ley Lines.
So I'm currently down to a 2.18s GCD, and 1.85s GCD in Leylines with a Caviar sandwich around 2177 Spell Speed. With Fire 4 + Astral Fire, that cast is currently at 2.44s normally (because Fire 4 just naturally has a long cast time), 2.07 with Leylines. Should I just assume that it's going to go down linearly from there to a low of about 2.40s/2.03s with and without Leylines for Fire 4?

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
So I'm currently down to a 2.18s GCD, and 1.85s GCD in Leylines with a Caviar sandwich around 2177 Spell Speed. With Fire 4 + Astral Fire, that cast is currently at 2.44s normally (because Fire 4 just naturally has a long cast time), 2.07 with Leylines. Should I just assume that it's going to go down linearly from there to a low of about 2.40s/2.03s with and without Leylines for Fire 4?
Honestly, I wish I had a proper answer for you, but all I did was go to The Balance and look up the high spell speed build. Now, I could be wrong, but I assume if you keep acquiring the best in slot spell speed stuff, you might reach those thresholds. I don't play that job outside of getting it to max level every expansion.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Was there fan art on day one of this lady stepping on the big dude?

I feel like this character could have had a similar reaction to that of the giant woman from resident evil 8.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Heh, thought I did the Yokai event the last time it was around, but doesn't look like it. Not really interested in the weapons but that basic mount looks cool so maybe I'll try to get that.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Storm Blood is a bit slow but I just went under the sea which is neat.

Not really getting useful gear from the quests sadly. I'm sure that will change soon enough.

Expansion gear is never usually better than the latest tomestone gear of the previous expansion until the level x5 gear.

Keep them and sell them on the market board, people will sometimes buy them for alt jobs and usually for quite a few 10,000's. I just leave them up and they get bought eventually.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Personal record of 8 FATEs in a row without a legendary medal dropping, oof.
And I was only missing 2 at that point.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Doing the ARR FATEs and learning upon the time when the game was designed around overworld activity is wild.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Doing the ARR FATEs and learning upon the time when the game was designed around overworld activity is wild.

i hate doing fates and i'm still in ARR, am i missing much outside some seals (which i get more doing leves and crafting stuff for the twin adders or whatever their names anyway)? they're really boring and its a bore to keep resyncing levels as well, i rarely find one in my current level

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017
i hate doing fates and i'm still in ARR, am i missing much outside some seals (which i get more doing leves and crafting stuff for the twin adders or whatever their names anyway)? they're really boring and its a bore to keep resyncing levels as well, i rarely find one in my current level

When FATEs were relevant, it was difficult to level up secondary jobs, and there were a few parts of the MSQ where you had to do levequests or fates to push through to the next MSQ level (thinking around 45). Duty Roulettes did not exist in 2.0, they were only added in 2.1, you could only directly queue for duties and hope that people would queue for what you had selected. I don't think the Roulettes had bonus XP initially as well, though I may be wrong about that. Palace of the Dead, which was popular for a long time to level up secondary jobs, was only added in patch 3.35!

Things in general gave less XP, there were fewer ways to get that XP, and many people had a large number of secondary jobs to level up. That is what led to FATEs being pretty populated in 2.0, through probably the mid 2.x patches.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

No. Fates and Leves as a method of leveling are pretty much outdated, they were mostly relevant back when the game was still pretty barebones. Nowadays they serve a different purpose but not at your point.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to feel hype for DT. which is dumb when I'm still only at the beginning of Stormblood lmao. also speaking of FATEs I am so. sick. of the achievement FATEs that I will probably never ever get. Damn you Vedrfolnir.

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
On the topic of outdated, I've been deep in the "Wow, things used to be weird" retrospection the past few days. Today was crafting. Stormblood didn't have a CP/Control food until the second master book, it was Matcha. "Crafting used to be harder", I swear people were saying that back in 2.x. And it's never not true. Oh, we have Trained Eye, you can just HQ something that's 10 levels lower than yours. Skills! Even long after cross-class skills were binned for battle jobs, skills newer crafters know are essential used to be optional! You just get Innovation at level 26 on every crafter, don't even have to level WVR to 50 anymore. Very few skills had 100% success rate, so we had Steady Hand to boost it. And before you got the upgraded version, you would have Steady Hand and Basic Touch was STILL not 100%. Ingenuity existed and was ????? but it did something, so it was absolutely necessary.

Kids these days. When I was levelling my crafters, Hasty spam was normal and encouraged!

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I consider maining a different job I go back to DRG for a quest or something and I'm like babygirl I'm sorry I ever thought of leaving you <3 Dawntrail pls don't completely ruin it. I'm happy for them to just trim the fat.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I consider maining a different job I go back to DRG for a quest or something and I'm like babygirl I'm sorry I ever thought of leaving you <3 Dawntrail pls don't completely ruin it. I'm happy for them to just trim the fat.

As someone who is thinking about coming back, the fear of DRG changes is real. Even with as many buttons as it has, I really love that job. Do we have any kind of timeframe for when we get to see what they're cooking?

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017
Kids these days. When I was levelling my crafters, Hasty spam was normal and encouraged!

I for one remember the days of 50+ step crafts in Heavensward. It was absolute pain. Also, remember that converting a spiritbonded item to materia used to DESTROY it? I did a lot of feeder material crafting in bulk in SB to get Crafter VI materia, when they were selling for ~100k apiece.

It is absolutely easier to; get crafter gear (scrip options!), get crafter materia, actually perform crafts.

I think they've more or less fully refined it now, and I expect most of the changes we'll see in DT will be in the expert crafting realm, and minor tweaks to make crafting more interactive for normal crafts like new statuses.

Edit: Ingenuity and Ingenuity 2 lowered the skill level of a recipe - https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Ingenuity_(skill) / https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Ingenuity_II

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Only took 3 days, but managed to get every Yokai Weapon and all the mounts + Framer Kit. Very, very happy I maxed out BLU last month and got most of the spells. Hydro-Pilled for Hydro Pull tbh, what an absurdly useful spell.

Really like the variety of things I never knew about that I got to see through this event, like the achievement FATES and the cool FATE chains. Do those still exist?

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
No. Fates and Leves as a method of leveling are pretty much outdated, they were mostly relevant back when the game was still pretty barebones. Nowadays they serve a different purpose but not at your point.
Leves are outdated too? Specially for the crafting classes (and since i'm on FT i basically have all of them to get stuff to craft for the other classes) it looks like the only way to get enough levels to keep doing their quests, specially when the npc asks for another copy of the item and you get like x4 xp if you do HQ ones. If theres a better (and accessible for FT) way of leveling crafters by all mean spoil me up cause its kind of a pain

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017
Leves are outdated too? Specially for the crafting classes (and since i'm on FT i basically have all of them to get stuff to craft for the other classes) it looks like the only way to get enough levels to keep doing their quests, specially when the npc asks for another copy of the item and you get like x4 xp if you do HQ ones. If theres a better (and accessible for FT) way of leveling crafters by all mean spoil me up cause its kind of a pain

They aren't outdated so much as there are more options than there used to be. Now there's Ishgard Restoration (available after a patch3.3 quest, I think the min crafter/gatherer level is like 20) for gatherers and crafters, and collectibles are available after level 50 for both DoH/DoL too.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
I level crafters almost exclusively through custom deliveries and tribal quests. Compared to combat jobs the game basically throws exp at you.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

As above said, it's usually the last option after you exhausted every other option you have. For instance, Grand Company turn-in can give you hilarious amount of exp per day if you give HQ items, though without access to MB you may have to actually craft the item yourself. The exp people get from other options are so enormous that people usually don't bother leveling their Crafters until they are far enough into the game.

Still leveling Crafters in FT could be fun tho, I certainly did back when I was in ARR. Just don't try to level it up along with your main Job for arbitrary reason or you can end up frustrating yourself.

As someone who is thinking about coming back, the fear of DRG changes is real. Even with as many buttons as it has, I really love that job. Do we have any kind of timeframe for when we get to see what they're cooking?

May 16th is the combat focused Live Letter where they have to talk about DRG. It's also the start of media tour, so give one or two weeks until media tour ends and journalists/content creators can give their own impression.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Still leveling Crafters in FT could be fun tho, I certainly did back when I was in ARR. Just don't try to level it up along with your main Job for arbitrary reason or you can end up frustrating yourself.

too late for that i have a stupid compulsion to keep everything even leveled so my two "attack" jobs and all the DoH/DoL ones are the same
which is why its no wonder i'm progressing so slowly through everything

i do try to do the grand company delivery thingies but most of the times now they ask for stuff i dont have materials to craft. ah well at least i can breathe easier knowing some easier way is coming to the future

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Crafters I power leveled through the ishgardian restoration turn ins. Once the exp rates became nonexistant after lvl80, then I leveled through custom deliveries and tribal quests.

Gatherers I like to use leves to lvl during expansion release. Gotta use these leves for something and it gives me a reason to explore the new locales.

Crafter leves are great for cranking out the platinum trophy since you need to do a lot of leves for it.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
As above said, it's usually the last option after you exhausted every other option you have. For instance, Grand Company turn-in can give you hilarious amount of exp per day if you give HQ items, though without access to MB you may have to actually craft the item yourself. The exp people get from other options are so enormous that people usually don't bother leveling their Crafters until they are far enough into the game.

May 16th is the combat focused Live Letter where they have to talk about DRG. It's also the start of media tour, so give one or two weeks until media tour ends and journalists/content creators can give their own impression.

Awesome, thanks for the info! :)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Hydro pulling and freezing mobs with Mighty Guard to do as less damage as possible so others can AoE kinda feel satisfying to be honest.
I even Mimicry Tank but dunno how that help.

For bosses I use Sonic Boom once, then White Wind to get aggro for the whole fight and play tank anyway while I wait for people to join it. After that I debuff with Bad Breath regularly.
Do we know anything about when the updated benchmark is dropping btw?
Only official info we have come from the Lodestone news
"As we require some time to investigate the issues and reconstruct the benchmark environment, the timing and further details of the replacement will be announced later."

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's currently 1 AM (Midnight for UK) and I'm already alone doing FATEs in North Shroud, didn't even take a week for it to calm down.

EDIT : Alright, 11 weapons done, 6 left, still take like 1 hour per weapon.
Only 2 left to do in ARR zone as well.

Last edited:

DarthKamen

Jun 22, 2023
Day 2 of Eureka grind is a lot less productive. Levelling grinds to a halt when you have both completed your challenge log and there are no NM trains going. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Are those sporty PVP sets set to go away with 7.0, or do I the luxury of taking my time with grinding those out?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Day 2 of Eureka grind is a lot less productive. Levelling grinds to a halt when you have both completed your challenge log and there are no NM trains going. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Are those sporty PVP sets set to go away with 7.0, or do I the luxury of taking my time with grinding those out?

They're there forever. Series reward is the one that's going away with the end of series.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022

Eureka progress is really slow if you don't have the challenge log boost yeah. The PVP sets will stay forever by the way.