Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Congratulations to the DDOS people. You caused me to have to reinstall the game on my Xbox because for some reason it is suggested the game for deletion when I was trying to clean up space and I did not realize it was selected.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying all the speculation in here regarding leaning in on the sci-fi angles and enemies a bit harder for the next decade... both the hyper-futurism stuff and the strange dimensional alien-type stuff like Sabik/Ultima. Despite the glut of advanced tech we've seen to date they haven't really utilized those tropes as modern or ongoing threats, for the most part. The Omicrons and Allag are both long dead in the present, so we only get fragments of their peak power used as antagonists in side content or as story elements in the MSQ. What would be really cool is tying in the Allagan again somehow, at some point, either as unlikely allies or renewed enemies. If some of them left Etheirys in their starships on the brink of the Empire's fall during their civilization's calamity then maybe they'd take notice to either a massive shift in their homeworld's aether post-Hydaelyn/Zodiark(and by consequence the negation of future possible calamities), or the sudden silencing of Meteion's song, and warp back to check things out. They could do an entire expansion where we fight off a Neo-Allagan invasion(maybe they stage their forces in Meracydia?) in which they're trying to take their world back, get their leaders stomped by the WoL, and agree just to settle on the continent they once rendered a wasteland. They set out to repair and terraform Meracydia to make amends for their ancestor's warmongering ways and we get some new allies once the inter-dimensional fuckery with Sabik's origin begins in earnest.

But that'd all be an aside from the cyber-weirdness we're about to be introduced to in Dawntrail. I'm so interested to see what the final zone is like! How cool would it be if the final zone is a digitized landscape inside the servers of Solution 9. We could attune to a giant microchip Aetheryte.

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
edit: After ~2 hours of stability, OCE also seems to be unstable now.

I tried cross-region travel to OCE and have been able to stay connected and do roulettes there.

If you've never been to OCE before you have to:
1- Connect to Materia once on the Data Center menu. You don't need to create a character, just click a Materia world in the Data Center menu.
2- Swap back to your primary DC.
3- Choose your character and say travel to another DC, then choose Materia/any world.

If you try to travel from the character menu without doing #1 it throws an error.

Last edited:

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I was planning on spending a few hours in Bozja to finish leveling a job up to 90 before there was bad weather and then maintenance back to back tonight so I'd have to stop anyway, but I guess there goes my plans sadly

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy 300+ queue, something must have happened while I wasn't playing.
Yep... DDoS again, great.
This is why I'm in favor of eventually getting another expansion in a new shard tbh. SHB had way more interesting worldbuilding for me than anything on the Source. I'm looking forward to Tural but while a new continent does give them a lot of freedom it's not a total blank slate the way another shard would be.
Well, if the early guesses about Solution 9 are correct then we might get something something interesting about Dawntrail and leading up to 8.0
Said speculation is that the city came from another Shard (that died?) and they tried to survive by sending themselves in the Source with the Soul Supply thingy.
Coud be the 12th since it was a Lightning Aether oriented shard.

Would fit with Y'shtola's goal since the end of Shadowbringer and came back for 6.X, she'll be a Shard expert in no time

Last edited:

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really enjoying all the speculation in here regarding leaning in on the sci-fi angles and enemies a bit harder for the next decade... both the hyper-futurism stuff and the strange dimensional alien-type stuff like Sabik/Ultima. Despite the glut of advanced tech we've seen to date they haven't really utilized those tropes as modern or ongoing threats, for the most part. The Omicrons and Allag are both long dead in the present, so we only get fragments of their peak power used as antagonists in side content or as story elements in the MSQ. What would be really cool is tying in the Allagan again somehow, at some point, either as unlikely allies or renewed enemies. If some of them left Etheirys in their starships on the brink of the Empire's fall during their civilization's calamity then maybe they'd take notice to either a massive shift in their homeworld's aether post-Hydaelyn/Zodiark(and by consequence the negation of future possible calamities), or the sudden silencing of Meteion's song, and warp back to check things out. They could do an entire expansion where we fight off a Neo-Allagan invasion(maybe they stage their forces in Meracydia?) in which they're trying to take their world back, get their leaders stomped by the WoL, and agree just to settle on the continent they once rendered a wasteland. They set out to repair and terraform Meracydia to make amends for their ancestor's warmongering ways and we get some new allies once the inter-dimensional fuckery with Sabik's origin begins in earnest.

But that'd all be an aside from the cyber-weirdness we're about to be introduced to in Dawntrail. I'm so interested to see what the final zone is like! How cool would it be if the final zone is a digitized landscape inside the servers of Solution 9. We could attune to a giant microchip Aetheryte.

Everything surrounding the building of the
Ragnarok
in Endwalker was some of my favorite world building in the entire game. I would love all of this.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the point where I need info abt the DRG rework. For starters they have to remove some of the buffs right? Five buffs is objectively too many.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Can healing be cumbersome on the controller? I feel like i'd have issues targeting the right person.

I never have a problem with it. Most single target heals are just press down once or twice to soft highlight the tank. If I have to move further on a DPS/co-healer mistake, it's not any worse.

Jan 11, 2018
I'm at the point where I need info abt the DRG rework. For starters they have to remove some of the buffs right? Five buffs is objectively too many.

I can't wait for people to claim they ruined the job. I feel like it needs that rework though. It's somehow repetitive and too busy at the same time. They need to get rid of the positionals and give it a good early AoE for starters.

Nah, it's easy. Up and down on the dpad scrolls through the party list.

And you can also create a specific HUD preset for healers to make it easier to keep up if need be.

I keep all the AoE heals on my left bumper and the single target stuff (as well as attacks and dots) on the right.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Blah, wanted to get MCH to 90 and finally have everything at level cap today, but DDOS had different plans for me.

Level squish needs to happen badly in 8.0. A lot of jobs are so ass 2 or more expansions back from max level

It's a tough spot. Lots of jobs feel very clunky until they hit a certain point, and then they don't really change - for better and for worse.

I feel that at some point they're going to need to dig deeper on how jobs are designed in general. And IMO (I don't know if this is necessarily even a contentious opinion), rework the secondary stats and 2-minute/party CD design. Backs them into something of a corner.

I'm not going to stand here and act like I know what the particular solution should be, but I do feel that there's a better way out there.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
You get VERY used to navigating the party list as an AST player on controller. It's second nature to me, barely think about it.

A lot of people will say it's impossible as AST but it's really not… it is very doable. I'm controller AST playing ex/savage.

It IS getting changed with Dawntrail though so we shall see how much easier / harder it gets on controller.

Sage is probably the easiest healer to play on controller.

It's a tough spot. Lots of jobs feel very clunky until they hit a certain point, and then they don't really change - for better and for worse.

I can't speak for the practicality of a lot of jobs with this idea but for healers I just wish we got weaker versions of all late skills because honestly healing at <60 is so zzz.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
I can't speak for the practicality of a lot of jobs with this idea but for healers I just wish we got weaker versions of all late skills because honestly healing at <60 is so zzz.
Yeah white mage in particular feels like ass until 60-ish lol
oh the game is down now? didn't even realize lol.
It might be fine now(?), but it kept going down when I was trying to get in around 7-7:30 EST, and seemed to still be down when my friend was trying to get in around 8 EST.

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017
oh the game is down now? didn't even realize lol.
It might be fine now(?), but it kept going down when I was trying to get in around 7-7:30 EST, and seemed to still be down when my friend was trying to get in around 8 EST.

Maintenance for the next 8 hours or so: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/db38c720051605a731ab86ef5ff79786d54549f3

In order to implement Patch 6.58 Hot Fixes, and make preparations to expand our EU Data Centers for the release of Dawntrail, maintenance will take place on all Worlds at the time below, during which FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

[Date & Time]
May 6, 2024 6:00 p.m. to May 7, 2024 3:00 a.m. (PDT)
* Completion time is subject to change.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did they move the time up? I thought it was 9pm PDT originally.

After I saw people on reddit about an hour ago saying they were in and stable, I resubbed tonight thinking I could get a couple hours in before bed... only to be hit by early maintenance

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017
Did they move the time up? I thought it was 9pm PDT originally.

After I saw people on reddit about an hour ago saying they were in and stable, I resubbed tonight thinking I could get a couple hours in before bed... only to be hit by early maintenance

I thought it was 9pm too, until I logged in at 5:30-ish PDT and saw a notice. There's ALSO a lodestone maintenance starting at 9pm. Bit confusing.

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017
These Monk animations from the benchmark are neat but I'd probably miss some of the more basic and low key stuff if those get replaced.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Guess the DDoS is still going on, despite a 60 queue the town are pretty empty for 1PM on Chaos.
Ooh is the new mogtome event soon?
Mogtomes AND Make it Rain at the same time, tons of people will be at the Saucer, haha.

kOQ7Sur.png

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
You get VERY used to navigating the party list as an AST player on controller. It's second nature to me, barely think about it.

A lot of people will say it's impossible as AST but it's really not… it is very doable. I'm controller AST playing ex/savage.

It IS getting changed with Dawntrail though so we shall see how much easier / harder it gets on controller.

Sage is probably the easiest healer to play on controller.

Healing is easy on AST sure…trying to do the opener is what got me to give it up and change to WHM. It's this:
Vs this

For what basically amounts to around the same dps. And on controller trying to get all the button presses to play each of those cards on the right person on a double weave within a GCD was enough for me to nope out of the job. When I did try it I set up some one button macros to play a card on each dps but from what I understand that's frowned on.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Healing is easy on AST sure…trying to do the opener is what got me to give it up and change to WHM. It's this:

Vs this

For what basically amounts to around the same dps. And on controller trying to get all the button presses to play each of those cards on the right person on a double weave within a GCD was enough for me to nope out of the job. When I did try it I set up some one button macros to play a card on each dps but from what I understand that's frowned on.

I've always wondered: how hardcore is the Savage raiding scene when it comes to rotation? I naturally try my best to be as close as possible to my ideal rotation, but naturally, mistakes will happen. I used to be huge into raiding in WoW, but in my 8 years playing FFXIV, never got into savage raiding (mostly for fear of the answer to this very question).

I've had a general interest in finding a static, but with the complexity of savage mechanics, I'm not sure I have the brainpower to both remember all of the mechanics AND do my ideal rotation. That seems like a LOT.

One week till I spend all my free time in the Gold Saucer again, just like last Mogtomes event.
The last moogle treasure trove event had kind of a terrible loot table, so I barely engaged with it. Hopefully the next one is more in line withe past Moogle events.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I've always wondered: how hardcore is the Savage raiding scene when it comes to rotation? I naturally try my best to be as close as possible to my ideal rotation, but naturally, mistakes will happen. I used to be huge into raiding in WoW, but in my 8 years playing FFXIV, never got into savage raiding (mostly for fear of the answer to this very question).

With the complexity of savage mechanics, I'm not sure I have the brainpower to both remember all of the mechanics AND do my ideal rotation. That seems like a LOT.

If you're going for a week 1 clear, it matters a lot. But the longer the savage tier is out the less it matters as tome gear, tome weapon, and later on upgraded tome gear, weapons, relic etc are released in the next patch. It also depends a lot on the battles themselves, some have much stricter dps checks than others (P8S says hi). That being said, if your whole group is underperforming you might still have trouble beating enrage even weeks into the tier, but as time goes on a few people playing really well can cover the necessary damage if others are underperforming.

And on the second part I agree with you, that's why I don't play dps and instead play WHM lol

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I should go back to WHM or SMN. I need to only have like 3 buttons to press. I'm pretty sure I'm like actively bad at DRG. I keep drifting my OGCDs bc I straight up forget about them lol.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

I've had a general interest in finding a static, but with the complexity of savage mechanics, I'm not sure I have the brainpower to both remember all of the mechanics AND do my ideal rotation. That seems like a LOT.

Very normal tbh. What you did was pretty much enough for most groups. You'll face the mechanics many many times in a prog anyway, by the time your DPS actually mattered for the clear you probably already get the gist of how to do (or not do) your rotation in any mechanic.

RenzokuTom

Aug 31, 2020
Even on week 1 it's way more likely that you will see enrage because of many deaths, using heal lb3, buffs being not aligned, several gcds not doing damage, than someone not doing the optimal rotation.

Both P8s and TOP on current patch were, afaik, the only fights on the expansion where you really needed to push max dps while doing clean mechanics.