Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
gosh, it makes no sense then, i'm running around eastern la noscea (both sides) for almost two hours and havent seen this bloody... bloody mary once, unless theres a conspiracy to make it spawn on the side i'm not at the moment and immediately kill it, i should at least have *seen* it once. this just isnt fun, i just want to finish this to clean the quest item from my inventory and never again

Do you have flying unlocked?

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
nope

guess i really shouldnt be doing anything else before rushing the MSQ then. everything gets down to flying in the end. but i dont like rushing main quests...

99% of stuff is perfectly doable without flying but hunts specifically are helped by it a lot. I wouldn't worry about it for now, especially since IIRC you unlock it pretty late into 2.0 MSQ.

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017
gosh, it makes no sense then, i'm running around eastern la noscea (both sides) for almost two hours and havent seen this bloody... bloody mary once, unless theres a conspiracy to make it spawn on the side i'm not at the moment and immediately kill it, i should at least have *seen* it once. this just isnt fun, i just want to finish this to clean the quest item from my inventory and never again

The consolegames wiki has a map of the spawn points for B rank (weekly hunt board targets), A rank (4-6hrs respawn) and S rank (48-80+ hour respawn). Here's the entry for Bloody Mary: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Bloody_Mary

When you get close, you'll receive a message in your chat log that tells you what direction it's in:
[11:20]You sense your mark to the southeast.

But yes, finish 2.0 MSQ so you can get flying, it's a HUGE difference.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Job actions being next week is so scary, that snuck on me so fast. The expansion wait is a lot easier than I thought but now that FFXVI DLC is done, all I can do is wait for Dawntrail. This month and a half is going to feel like a year. Excitement is hitting me though!!!! Bring on the job actions!!

Cannon_Fodder

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure you can just discard the bill if it's annoying you that much. My guess is that no one else is killing them, you're just over-estimating how big the detection radius is. You still have to get decently close to each spot to get a notification if they're there or not.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, I started. I'm on the adamantoise server, in limsa limosa as an Arcanist. I am level 10.

I believe that once I hit level 30, I can upgrade to a summoner and/or scholar. Which one is better?

Also, what can I do to get to level 30 quickly? I just met Y'shtola. I heard there is a road to 80 buff…how can I get that? 😩

asking for newbie advice

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I believe that once I hit level 30, I can upgrade to a summoner and/or scholar. Which one is better?

Also, what can I do to get to level 30 quickly?

Summoner is DPS, Scholar is Healer. You'll get faster queues for Healer than DPS but more responsibility as you are expected to keep Tanks and DPS alive through dungeons / trials. DPS smack enemies the hardest.

It just depends what you wanna do, neither are necessarily 'better'.

also MSQ for exp, you get more than enough exp doing the story, and that's the majority of what you'll be using your job for anyway - you get something called Daily Roulettes at some point but these will be useful for levelling alt jobs, story is best for your main job.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I started. I'm on the adamantoise server, in limsa limosa as an Arcanist. I am level 10.

Also, what can I do to get to level 30 quickly? I just met Y'shtola. I heard there is a road to 80 buff…how can I get that? 😩

asking for newbie advice
Summoner is damage focused while Scholar is a healer so it comes down to your role preference first.

EXP buff is on any world called a "Preferred World". These are servers that are usually new and have low populations.

You don't need to worry about EXP on your first job at all and the focus should be on the main scenario quests which should give you plenty.

If you absolutely need other EXP buffs, eating any kind of food gives a small multiplier and Free Companies can provide buffs too (not available in Free Trial though).

Trigger

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA

asking for newbie advice

On top of what has already been said: Summoner/Scholar are unique from other jobs in that they share levels. If you're not feeling one then switch to the other.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017

You can't upgrade jobs until you reach a certain point in the main story anyway so there's no point grinding to level 30. The road to 80 buff is for characters created on preferred servers.

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017
What do the early Ninjutsu debuffs do? One is Bind right?
The ninjutsu are:
Any one ninjutsu: weak single target damage.
Two different ending in blue: AoE damage
Two different ending in orange: Strong single target damage
Two different ending in yellow: Weak damage and Bind.
Three different ending in blue: speed boost.
Three different ending in orange: Dirt puddle that damages enemies inside.
Three different ending in yellow: Decent damage and gives a buff that lets you Trick Attack outsite of Hide.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if CS3 will ever consider making an anime of ARR and then allowing players to skip it straight into Heavensward for free. Just make them do the beginner role tutorial thing from that La Noscea location (I always forget what that shit is called). Maybe add job specific ones to learn the buttons. Its not like the level 50 rotations are particularly complicated. An anime of ARR would be pretty basic but should at least have a good cliffhanger.

I feel like that would be a decent compromise. Duty support will make up for bad queue times in ARR dungeons and the Roulette will always help.

Anything that will optionally prune the weaker (and purposely simplified) parts of the game is a plus I think. People who want the experience would still have the option. Don't pull a Bungie.

They could slowly do anime seasons that will let players skip very old content with bad balancing and still get the story as the game gets older and longer.

Anime is hip with the kids! This would never happen of course but I can dream. It would be an interesting experiment.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
I need to get back into the game before Dawntrail and finish the patch MSQ. But I also need to learn to play SAM again, and now on a controller. What's the best way to get some practice without just standing fighting a target dummy? Can SAM solo Variant dungeons? Because I have to do all of those and figured that might be good casual content I can do without messing things up for everyone else.

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019
I wonder if CS3 will ever consider making an anime of ARR and then allowing players to skip it straight into Heavensward for free. Just make them do the beginner role tutorial thing from that La Noscea location (I always forget what that shit is called). Maybe add job specific ones to learn the buttons. Its not like the level 50 rotations are particularly complicated. An anime of ARR would be pretty basic but should at least have a good cliffhanger.

I feel like that would be a decent compromise. Duty support will make up for bad queue times in ARR dungeons and the Roulette will always help.

Anything that will optionally prune the weaker (and purposely simplified) parts of the game is a plus I think. People who want the experience would still have the option. Don't pull a Bungie.

They could slowly do anime seasons that will let players skip very old content with bad balancing and still get the story as the game gets older and longer.

Anime is hip with the kids! This would never happen of course but I can dream. It would be an interesting experiment.

As someone who is ferrying a friend through ARR right now (they're up to Stone Vigil), I feel this, my god. I told them they should play ARR at least once just for, like, background on who everyone is and the basic setup of like aether and crystals and Hydaelyn and stuff, but it's so long and so rote and the class rotations aren't fun, flying is unlocked ludicrously late, the maps are fucking awful (if you want multi-floor buildings and NPCs dispersed throughout these floors, your fucking map should have floors), etc., etc.... I'd forgotten how bad some of this is lmao.

I need to get back into the game before Dawntrail and finish the patch MSQ. But I also need to learn to play SAM again, and now on a controller. What's the best way to get some practice without just standing fighting a target dummy? Can SAM solo Variant dungeons? Because I have to do all of those and figured that might be good casual content I can do without messing things up for everyone else.

Any class can solo variant dungeons (just take the tank/heal variant dungeon actions, the cooldowns for those actions are really low anyway).

Barrow Roll

Oct 25, 2017
You could do Variant Dungeons solo, or run Duty Support Dungeons if you want to play entirely by yourself. But I think Alliance Raids are also good for practicing since you have 23 other players to pick up your slack if you're worried you'll mess up, and Alliance Raid roulette queue times are pretty quick for DPS. I also think it gives you a better feel for practicing your rotation when the boss doesn't die super quickly and you also still have to do mechanics.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
job action trailerrrrrrr come onnnnn
%D0%BD%D1%8F%D1%91%D0%B6.gif

i NEED drg rework deets

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

Scroll down to bloody Mary and it will show all possible spawn locations.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's anywhere between 12-15 mil gil on EU.
It tends to be in supply too on the marketboards so it's quite accessible if you want it.

It's accessible with money for sure but they are all sprouts going through Toto-rak/MSQ for the first time on base classes. So I thought it was funny that someone just traded that to her and she had no idea.

Also they apparently liked it enough to stream for 15 hours and are planning on slowing going through the MSQ with a long stream every month or so. So HW in 2025 (maybe) haha

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
It's accessible with money for sure but they are all sprouts going through Toto-rak/MSQ for the first time on base classes. So I thought it was funny that someone just traded that to her and she had no idea.

Also they apparently liked it enough to stream for 15 hours and are planning on slowing going through the MSQ with a long stream every month or so. So HW in 2025 (maybe) haha
My point was more the cost is a good way to estimate how rare a thing is since it lets you compare with other drops that can be sold.

Streamer getting gifted mounts like that is def a thing too. Especially the golden gil mounts have been very popular as a give away from viewers to their streamers.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
My point was more the cost is a good way to estimate how rare a thing is since it lets you compare with other drops that can be sold.

Streamer getting gifted mounts like that is def a thing too. Especially the golden gil mounts have been very popular as a give away from viewers to their streamers.

I don't tend to buy mounts but I can imagine there aren't too many that are still available in game as a drop that sell for 10-12 mill. Just eyeballing though. And of course golden mounts are there to be a gil sink so why not

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I don't tend to buy mounts but I can imagine there aren't too many that are still available in game as a drop that sell for 10-12 mill. Just eyeballing though. And of course golden mounts are there to be a gil sink so why not
Overall there aren't too many indeed. For that price range of 10-15+ mil it's usually the faux leave mounts and criterion mounts and maybe that golden delubrum mount? And then there is that pink elephant from treasure maps. Game in general doesn't add market tradable mounts that often though.

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017
Overall there aren't too many indeed. For that price range of 10-15+ mil it's usually the faux leave mounts and criterion mounts and maybe that golden delubrum mount? And then there is that pink elephant from treasure maps. Game in general doesn't add market tradable mounts that often though.

They've added a BUNCH of marketable mounts starting in ShB, though some aren't at the 10m mark.

• Khloe has Incitatus (~10m), Calydontis (~8-10m), Troll (~10m), Wondrous Lanner (~10m), Magicked Children's Bed (8-10m), Sabotendor de Luna (8-10m).
  • Orthos has a mount which sells for ~4-5m.
  • In addition to the Bozja gold mecha mount, Dalriada has the Deinonychus, which sells for ~14+m. Poor Construct 14 from Bozja is only 1m :(
  • In addition to the Pink Elephant mount, there are two other mounts you can get from EW treasure maps. Phaethon is around 4-6m, and Alkonost is under 1m at this point.
  • Don't forget Island Sanctuary! With the last round of updates, they added lockboxes and such that have two mounts. One is ~500k and the other is ~4-5m
  • And for those with the deepest pockets, the Bi-color gemstone mount (Wivre) is between 90-100m

It's pretty funny to look at the list sorted by expansion. It's like, two marketable mounts in 3.x, 4 in 4.x, 16 in 5.x and 17 in 6.x.

Source: Setting the filter on this page to Only Tradable, sorting by Patch

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Any class can solo variant dungeons (just take the tank/heal variant dungeon actions, the cooldowns for those actions are really low anyway).
Thanks, will keep that in mind.

You could do Variant Dungeons solo, or run Duty Support Dungeons if you want to play entirely by yourself. But I think Alliance Raids are also good for practicing since you have 23 other players to pick up your slack if you're worried you'll mess up, and Alliance Raid roulette queue times are pretty quick for DPS. I also think it gives you a better feel for practicing your rotation when the boss doesn't die super quickly and you also still have to do mechanics.
Right! Can do some raids after I get comfy with the basics in Variants.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
I hope they skip the "we show it so called influencers first and you get only their reactions"-bullshit this time.
Considering there is a live letter around the same time as the media tour, i'd say its shown to public before the content creators.
I am sad that it looks like im not getting to go this time though lol the endwalker digital tour was a blast.

MidasTouch

Dec 29, 2023
RIVAL WINGS UPDATES

Hey all! Midas Touch of the PvPRevival discord Community Staff here with the latest updates on Rival Wings matches starting with next week's Moogletomes event.

Currently, we're planning to host queue events on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays for at least the first three weeks of Moogletomes. Player interest will determine if we continue past that period. This will begin May 17th.

Aether Wings -- Friday, 6pm PST/9pm EST
Crystal Wings -- Saturday, 6pm PST/9pm EST
Dynamis Wings -- Sunday, 6pm PST/9pm EST

In addition, our friends over at PvPrimal will be pushing to have daily queues for RW beginning right at event start, 4am EDT. Primal will always be the fallback DC if any of the above DCs do not pop or you experience long queues.

This is the best time to farm Moogletomes with the best PvP mode in the game, along with working towards the 2 monkey mounts for 100 wins in the Gorge!

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason to do rival wings? Any exclusive rewards compare to like CC