Brando

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
After almost taking up cigarettes again from doing the entire yokai event in a few days i am ready to burn some more time farming stuff what is the best way to go about solo farming the moogle treasure event? I'm not huge on doing raids or big group content.

I've also found myself going back and finally trying to level up my grand company some more but i seem to still be stuck i assume i stopped at the squadron stuff because i couldn't figure out how to get a group that match up the stats.
Doing gates at the Saucer is probably the best and fastest solo content for tombstones.

Brando

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guess the special fall guys doesnt count? I guess i could time it and just do those farming the currency for all the rewards and shifting into gates every 20 minutes.
Nope Fall Guy's doesn't reward tombstones just mgp. Still it's good for that during gate downtime.

Also check your Mogpendium. There's weekly challenges such as fates and triple triad you can do solo to get an easy 10 tombstones. There's also a 20 tombstone raid or dungeon that's random each week.

Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I finished the rabbit quests tonight and did the Endwalker allied beast tribe quests, I did the Omega quests last night, and I think I have everything from Island Sanctuary. I just need to get to PVP rank 25, do the Tataru quests, and try to clear Inventory(Ultimate). Then I'll be ready for Dawntrail.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
It's weird leveling crafters without ever crafting anything. One of these days I will figure out collectibles and scrips.

I played for years focusing on just a handful of jobs, but now I have almost all of them to 90. Leveling things has been great for clearing out my inventory!

It's great when a job like SCH unexpectedly clicks. It's also weird when you finally get around to trying a job and it is totally different than what you expected: BRD is not nearly as enjoyable as I thought it would be. NIN clicked very late and is fun. AST is much easier now than it used to be. DRG is fun but is just a bit too busy for me with the positionals and extra attacks outside the normal rotation. Black Mage is something that sometimes I think I understand but then I realize I don't, and the lack of mobility really sets it back. GNB is a blast, but I feel like a better teammate as PLD or WAR.

Probably going to roll through DT as a tank in dungeons, while leveling SMN/SCH with MSQ exp to knock out 3/5 role quests. Did something similar before with tank and RDM and it worked well.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
It's weird leveling crafters without ever crafting anything. One of these days I will figure out collectibles and scrips.

I'm the same with those two aspects of crafting. Never could figure out the whole collectible thing (along with my other incomprehensible nemesis, the Glamour Dresser; it is beyond human understanding). I've also gained an embarrassing number of Fisher levels without ever going outside Limsa; just spotting the fish my GC wants and buying them from the market board, middleman-style.

There are some fun crafter quests to do, though; opening the Namazu storyline in Othard is a pain but is an absolute joy to actually do; they're hilarious!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Heading toward 650 tomes for the second week, and it's kinda crazy because I'm not no-lifing the saucer like that first week. Been really busy with Paper Mario.
Anyway with what I have now, I am guaranteed to reach 9M MGP, only a bit more and finally no more Gold Saucer music that I can hear in my dreams.
And then they'll release a 6M MGP mounts in 7.X and here goes the farming again, haha.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Unlocked the ability to run dungeons with my Squadron and this is great for leveling alt jobs. I just wish there were more dungeons available. Grinding out levels for members is a bit rough. What level does it cut off?

Unlocked Summoner and am having a lot of fun with that.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked the ability to run dungeons with my Squadron and this is great for leveling alt jobs. I just wish there were more dungeons available. Grinding out levels for members is a bit rough. What level does it cut off?

Unlocked Summoner and am having a lot of fun with that.

Squadrons go up to level 60. Their AI is (much) worse than duty support but the flipside is that once you unlock their offensive mastery traits they melt through the enemies at light speed. Stormblood is kind of a dead zone for "dungeons with AI party members" content except for MSQ duty support but in ShB and EW you get Trusts which are like squadrons for the Scions.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Squadrons go up to level 60. Their AI is (much) worse than duty support

didnt i just discover that

my bloody healer simply
does
not
heal
me
EVER

like the option a lot though, shame i cant use it more without shb and ew. dont know if i'm feeling the game as much anymore to go all the way with the purchase - sub but will still try to finish the content

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Squadrons go up to level 60. Their AI is (much) worse than duty support but the flipside is that once you unlock their offensive mastery traits they melt through the enemies at light speed. Stormblood is kind of a dead zone for "dungeons with AI party members" content except for MSQ duty support but in ShB and EW you get Trusts which are like squadrons for the Scions.

I've always liked systems where you can send others on missions for you.

Yeah I've noticed the AI is rough. Died several times to the boss that becomes invincible in a fire AOE and you need to kill the fire Sprites. I finally figured out I can jam on the target enemy command to pull them from their certain doom.

Summoner has so many buttons, I was getting overwhelmed until I realized the Carbuncles turn into the summons, you don't have to have 6 slots for them.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna get BLU from 70 to 80 today using the Tempest leech method. Hopefully it doesn't take too long. Honestly not looking forward to filling the book more than anything. Or doing the new carnival stages. I just want the TT cards.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Should I wait for a sale before buying the complete edition? is that a thing?

What do you play on? The PC version is on sale on the Square Enix store right now for $24.

na.store.square-enix-games.com

FINAL FANTASY XIV Online - Complete Edition

Buy video games and merchandise online at the Official Square Enix store. Shop our top franchises, including Final Fantasy, NieR, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest & more.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Ran Syrcus Tower as a tank for the first time. Went pretty well until a MCH in another alliance instapulled the last boss and I got blamed for it for some reason. Someone slapped the 1 sign on me, I guess as a shame thing :/

Azuos

Sep 29, 2021
What do you play on? The PC version is on sale on the Square Enix store right now for $24.

na.store.square-enix-games.com

FINAL FANTASY XIV Online - Complete Edition

Buy video games and merchandise online at the Official Square Enix store. Shop our top franchises, including Final Fantasy, NieR, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest & more.
I'm on trial and people have said to wait until after the expansion is out and then we will get all the other expansions in the bundle. Unless they are already bundling them all already?
I'm on PC(Steam), near the very end of StormBlood. I want to play ShadowBringers now.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on PC(Steam), near the very end of StormBlood. I want to play ShadowBringers now.

You'll want to buy the complete edition then yeah but, like Nida says, you'll save yourself money if you can hold out until DT release.

The Complete Edition will stay the same cost and add in Dawntrail, whereas if you buy the complete edition now, you'll still need to purchase Dawntrail at full price on top of the complete edition

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Mch at 60 is actually still one of the strongest jobs pretty sure. Afaik it's power ranking for Palace of the Dead has not fallen. Its potency for that level is on the higher end iirc. Similar to how SMN at 70 is the most busted.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
The Island Sanctuary lootboxes just gave me an Island Peerifool whistle. It's going for 300k right now. I wonder if I should sell it or wait and see if the price goes up during Dawntrail.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Is Machinist considered fairl weak? I'm only level 60 but it feels like it's missing something compared to NIN and BLM.

Nope. Balance sub level cap is always extremely skewed because of how many reworkings the battle system has gotten overtime and everything being balanced for the new cap, where buffs are applied to a skill and not via trait which means it effects it at an early level. They have mostly avoided this in EW by buffing traits instead.

You may not see big numbers on MCH outside of wildfire, but that has to do with the BPM. All those heat blasts quick GCDs and constant ricochet/barrel charges add up.

Last edited:

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any point trying to get better at Monk now when it's getting reworked in DT?
It's like 99% the same thing as I understand it, except instead of a timer ticking down Twin Snakes and Demolish buffs/debuffs, True Strike and Snap Punch are each consuming a charge on the UI that Twin Snakes and Demolish generates. It's a lot of the same physical rotation as long as you're keeping target uptime and the boss isn't jumping constantly. So if you're bored, why not.
Is Machinist considered fairl weak? I'm only level 60 but it feels like it's missing something compared to NIN and BLM.
Machinist is fine; I raid on it in Savage. The problem as far as the feel of the rotation goes, is that you're missing Barrel Stabilizer (Lv. 66, +50 Heat) and Chainsaw (Lv. 90, +20 Battery) that basically gives you the Heat/Battery generation and the potency to actually do big burst in your opener on a raid pull. And then you're still also missing Bioblaster (Lv. 72, shares a cooldown with Drill) for AOE dungeon pulls. You can still do great damage in dungeons, but pulling bosses with less than 50 Battery and Heat will always feel terrible until then.

Last edited:

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Just realised I've been completely oblivious to the existence of Tornado Kick for 10 levels. Like a FUCKING MORON.

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
O4S unsync at iLVL 640-660 report: Very comfortable even for players who do not play Savage! If you go in with 4-5 people or so, I suggest looking up Grand Cross Alpha and the Flood of Naught that follows, as the boss may not die before executing those attacks.

The simple answer is stand in the middle when the boss begins casting GCA, wait for acceleration bombs to finish, then resolve Flood by entering the lane that is the opposite color of your debuff.

Probably the hardest thing for new players was learning to put their weapon away and respect the acceleration bombs. Bombs will not kill you on their own, but because there is a bouncing animation, it may cause you to miss your Flood lane. Missing your Flood lane is an instakill.

Your goal is to either prevent the entirety of GCA/Flood, or to not have deaths to that mech. Once you have deaths, you will start seeing the boss's later more complicated attacks, which you really shouldn't need to spend time learning about.

When we got up to 6 people we stopped seeing the boss complete GCA, which means the only mechs for the fight are dodging some floor puddles. Very new player friendly!

Alte Roite is my favorite mount in the game so it was cool to help my friends get it. This came out of one person asking to do an Omega raid for mogtomes, and I realized how many people were on call, so I said "let's try this!"
ffxiv_05262024_192107_735.png

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
O4S unsync at iLVL 640-660 report: Very comfortable even for players who do not play Savage! If you go in with 4-5 people or so, I suggest looking up Grand Cross Alpha and the Flood of Naught that follows, as the boss may not die before executing those attacks.

I did it synced MINE blind the other month, INCREDIBLY fun battle.

Learning grand cross alpha and delta was probably my peak of the game lol.

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
I did it synced MINE blind the other month, INCREDIBLY fun battle.

Learning grand cross alpha and delta was probably my peak of the game lol.

I think it is also my favorite phase transition in the game.

And if you're tired of looking at the boss when that happens, you can take screenshots of people emoting and looking like they are on a stage because of the flashes of white light.

edit: Also incredible to hear the new players whispering nervously, "This didn't happen in Normal right? It didn't, right???"

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how to get past the right-hand path's rubble during the middle route of Sil'dihn Subterrane? None of the suggestions I found worked.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm in despair, how am I bad at every single job?? The only ones I'm decent at are Summoner and Dancer but I don't want to play those bc class fantasy etc.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm in despair, how am I bad at every single job?? The only ones I'm decent at are Summoner and Dancer but I don't want to play those bc class fantasy etc.
Thats why I only really play Drk, War and Pld, all of them are pretty straightforward and tanking is the most forgiving role. "Oh no I messed up a mechanic, oh well."

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Especially in Sil'dihn Subterrane there are essentially random variations in the routes, sometimes you'll go left and sometimes right and there's no way to control it

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Summoner has so many buttons, I was getting overwhelmed until I realized the Carbuncles turn into the summons, you don't have to have 6 slots for them.

You wouldn't believe how many buttons SMN used to have. People can complain and say it's too easy now all they want, but I prefer this to what it used to be.

Brando

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
You wouldn't believe how many buttons SMN used to have. People can complain and say it's too easy now all they want, but I prefer this to what it used to be.
Yep I play Summoner on controller with one hot bar and do well in high level content. It's a great job for accessibility reasons. I use Toggle mode since I can't hold the triggers down while casting and this enables me to just focus on mechanics.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Got BLU to 80. Now I imagine comes the hard part, in terms of actually finding groups fast enough that is.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about now but when the last BLU patch dropped there was a big boom in interest. I managed to go from only having 3 of the blu log done to all of them during that time spread out over ~3 weeks.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever I'm going back to SMN. "Canon WoL traits" kiss my ass. I want to be no.2 DPS while pressing 3 buttons, is that so much to ask

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Without anything more to work with, I feel like I see you talking about a new job every day. Now that you've gone around so much, you really ought to narrow things down to a job whose fantasy you do connect with, and ride it out for a while to develop your combat fundamentals.

If that means sucking on Samurai or Red Mage for a while, that's fine. What matters is that you start getting used to how your cooldowns fit into your opening/two minute windows, how to track your OGCD cooldowns and resources in your filler rotation so that you don't overcap them in moment to moment play (Without going too far as to be completely starved when you go into your two minute windows), and to figure out ways to make sure that you Always Be Casting, even if you're forced off the boss to deal with mechanics.

You do that stuff until it all becomes second nature. Once you hit that point, you'll be shocked by how much easier it is to jump around to new jobs. Outside of some role specific stuff, a lot of those fundamentals transfer over pretty cleanly*.

*Dont ask me about healer stuff because I can't be bothered.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Without anything more to work with, I feel like I see you talking about a new job every day. Now that you've gone around so much, you really ought to narrow things down to a job whose fantasy you do connect with, and ride it out for a while to develop your combat fundamentals.

If that means sucking on Samurai or Red Mage for a while, that's fine. What matters is that you start getting used to how your cooldowns fit into your opening/two minute windows, how to track your OGCD cooldowns and resources in your filler rotation so that you don't overcap them in moment to moment play (Without going too far as to be completely starved when you go into your two minute windows), and to figure out ways to make sure that you Always Be Casting, even if you're forced off the boss to deal with mechanics.

You do that stuff until it all becomes second nature. Once you hit that point, you'll be shocked by how much easier it is to jump around to new jobs. Outside of some role specific stuff, a lot of those fundamentals transfer over pretty cleanly*.

*Dont ask me about healer stuff because I can't be bothered.

Agree with all this. Stick with something that seems interesting to you. Take some time to think about your core rotation and make your own crossbars. Don't do more than two jobs in a week if you are trying to learn. Pay attention to how other players in duties play their jobs as you start to be able to do your own with less effort. Some Jobs are tougher than others to master, but all of them are pretty easy to play decently enough to get through story content.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure most people are not good at new jobs they haven't played before and take several hours of practice to get comfortable playing them.
And I say this when the majority of my social circle are players that seemingly have played since at least heavensward and seem to be able to job switch within an hour but pretty sure that's not most people. For most people I think the expectation is pretty much play a thing for a good amount of time and just hard memorization of your general rotation until it settles a process you should expect to probably take a few days of dedicated learning.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWunxfSF_B8&t=1s

the comparison to fighting games in this video that was shared a while back was pretty apt I feel about how at the start a good chunk of time is just being spend on memorizing to properly pilot the character and that aspect being there in FF14 as well.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

How much time are you giving yourself to learn? It won't happen overnight. If you haven't already, practice on a striking dummy. It can take hours. Sometimes learning a fight and staying alive during mechanics trying to be perfect at playing your job you're still learning won't happen.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
There's always a push and pull between people new to a job or the game itself or even just more casual players in general and the people that main a specific job for many hours getting tired of the formula.

If the game had more variability for each job for player expression or builds, this wouldn't be as much an issue but the entire game is designed very different from that idea so I'm not sure what they can do.

They should definitely improve the first ~60 levels experience though.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
yeah i'm giving up on samurai and red mage for now. will just focus on bard and ninja which are the ones i find fun. i'm probably equally bad with all of them but just going through the story since the beginning as archer/rogue made me a lot more familiar with the skill flow and the like where these other jobs i get dropped at lvl 50 with already like a full crossbar and half of skills and get completely lost. plus i dont think my brain can get used to the black/white balance for RDM, and i know bard has a lot of timed stuff as well but it just feels easier to me to keep an eye on my song gauge and when my shots refill/are avaliable, dunno