Status
Not open for further replies.

galactic_punt

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe one day they'll realize that having a minute+ cutscene during a Savage encounter is a terrible experience to prog through.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind long cutscenes TBH. Especially if they're tied to a checkpoint (so you don't have to see it again if you wipe). Gives me time to rest/refocus.

Oct 25, 2017
The current Savage one isn't checkpointed, but after TEA we're kind of just conditioned to the afk break mid-pull to remind each other to check food, highlight any Strat changes we made, etc. I can't decide if it coming so relatively early in the fight is a plus or a minus, though--it's not a sudden prog roadblock or anything, but man do you get to see it a lot.

1 gift from GetDigitized

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from GetDigitized GetDigitized!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

GetDigitized said:
This was in my square enix account from a couple of months ago when it was given away for free. Dunno if it works, it should only be the expansion.

These are our awesome prizes:

• MAC OS MAC OS: Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward MAC OS

galactic_punt

Oct 27, 2017
You just spend a lot of time not actually doing the encounter. Down for the count into adds into cutscene. It's brutal. Makes me miss door bosses.

Oct 25, 2017
Adds are probably my favorite part of Shiva at this point, so that probably helps me not mind the back-to-back-to-back (plus DPS with Electrics is a good way to stay on your toes)--A3S nostalgia is strong, and I'm glad we got to work out how to 0-charge them for the buff this week, even if we're calling it a week after getting to enrage. RNG makes it feel more variable than the straight mechanics dance the rest of the fight is.

I'm not exactly a huge fan of the cutscene stuff or anything--I miss Neo Exdeath where you at least had character control and could do prepwork for the next phase while the cutscene stuff happened around you--it's just I remember all the 'time to make coffee' jokes in E1S and now, all these months later, we're just sort of adjusted to it.

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you have to repeat the cutscene with no checkpoint or its not short like zurvan's, i dont mind a cutscene in a trial.

About three and a half minutes into the fight, every pull, in E8S you go through the following sequence:

At about 3:20 into the fight, Shiva jumps away and gives you time to split up.

A little over ten seconds later, everyone gets a stun and teleported away. This takes roughly 13 seconds.

So a little before 3:45, at the teleport destination, you start fighting a few waves of adds and take some heavy AOE damage. The phase is timed, so killing them faster or slower doesn't really change this--basically after gear there's going to be a lot of downtime here. For now I find it the section I'm most having to on-the-fly heal in the fight.

A minute-ish later, at 4:50, everyone gets stunned again, teleported back to the main stage, then watches the minute-long cutscene again.

All told, from about 3:20 in the fight until 5:50, you're not hitting Shiva. You spend almost half that time not hitting anything and just waiting.

And since it comes so early in a 14 minute fight, you're going to see it a lot.

The upside of it coming so early is you just kind of adjust to it, vs having it sprung on you at 10 minutes in or something.

But it's a lot of downtime for a fight as mechanically dense as this one. At least they haven't repeated the Byakko transition anywhere yet.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
What food should I be eating for different jobs when raiding? Not gonna lie, I just buy the cheapest shit I can buy in Limsa because idk what to look for.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Anyone main Dancer? I kind of like the way it plays at 70, but something about it feels kind of... sloppy. It's basically the polar opposite playstyle of DRG, which is my main. Any tips on how to make sure I'm prioritizing the right things?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone main Dancer? I kind of like the way it plays at 70, but something about it feels kind of... sloppy. It's basically the polar opposite playstyle of DRG, which is my main. Any tips on how to make sure I'm prioritizing the right things?
Use your dances on cooldown. Combine Devilment with Technical Step. Don't cap on fans/esprit, but pool them until your cooldown windows otherwise. You can double-weave Fan Dance/Fan Dance III. That's about it.

And yeah, it's basically the opposite of DRG - DRG is a strict rotation that's the same every time with weaving thrown in. DNC is priority-based and will change constantly depending on procs.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay time to make some money now I'll craft a couple crafting chest pieces and put them on the marketboard. I see the sell for over 500K so I'll sell it at that much and wait.

*Unlocks quest leading to new beast tribe quest then unlocks quest*

*Goes to check marketboard only to see someone undercut all the way down to over 300K*

I HATE IT HERE!!!

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I was capped on Phantasmagoria and Goetia pre-patch, spent them all on Dried hi-ethers, sold them on the MB for enough to fund my crafted gear purchases. I'm done with big buys for awhile.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Lalas have some weird facial expressions. I did the 5.2 MSQ and Eden story as a Lala and there were a few times where my character looked like it was either drunk or having a stroke.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a link to the updated Ishgarde macro for crafting since they took Ingenuity out of the game and it breaks the macro?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Lyna's VA is really really good. I feel like every time she appears she gives a great performance and it brings a lot to the character.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Lyna's VA is really really good. I feel like every time she appears she gives a great performance and it brings a lot to the character.

Yeah. She is pretty good. Especially the scene after
you defend Lakeland from Eulmore's attack. She really nailed that scene.
Who says there are no good dubs?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So pretty fresh to SHB endgame, is there a guide on what to meld for each job or at least each role?

I remember everybody used to be big on slotting crit into everything but that was quite awhile ago.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I also like that she's probably the furthest thing you would expect from a character with the Dancer job.

Don't think she's gotten enough play in this expansion for how cool she is.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me that soccer attack right before Raktapaska in E6S?
I can deal with the normal fire one but that wind one throws me off. Is there one that he kicks out of the arena that I'm just not noticing?

scy

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me that soccer attack right before Raktapaska in E6S?
I can deal with the normal fire one but that wind one throws me off. Is there one that he kicks out of the arena that I'm just not noticing?

I legit don't remember the sequencing of the fight so if this is the wrong mechanic, yell at me later:
But I assume you mean the Occluded Front before RastaPasta? You simply bait the eruption then go to where the original soccer kick was. Don't worry about anything besides just "don't drop eruption on Ifrit / the ball Ifrit is kicking" really. The knockbacks towards mid don't matter beyond not getting knocked into the leftover orbs' AoE ranges.

Edit: That's for the three orb side. On the four orb side, it's going where he's not at if I recall and doing the normal dodge.

Also, Ideally take Ifrit and Garuda to the same side since there's no cleaves to dodge and this is better for uptime + better for dodging the following Ferrostorm. I have no idea if PF will ever do this.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I legit don't remember the sequencing of the fight so if this is the wrong mechanic, yell at me later:
But I assume you mean the Occluded Front before RastaPasta? You simply bait the eruption then go to where the original soccer kick was. Don't worry about anything besides just "don't drop eruption on Ifrit / the ball Ifrit is kicking" really. The knockbacks towards mid don't matter beyond not getting knocked into the leftover orbs' AoE ranges.

Also, Ideally take Ifrit and Garuda to the same side since there's no cleaves to dodge and this is better for uptime + better for dodging the following Ferrostorm. I have no idea if PF will ever do this.
Yeah it's that part. He does it right before transforming. We stack in the middle for the eruption but then I can't find the ball I need to run to in time. It's not the same ball every time right? Which direction should he be kicking it? I'm assuming more than one Ifrit kicks a ball and you gotta find the one that kicks it somewhere safe. Idk. And yeah PF isn't understanding that they should take Ifrit to the same side as Garuda. It's a mess.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's that part. He does it right before transforming. We stack in the middle for the eruption but then I can't find the ball I need to run to in time. It's not the same ball every time right? Which direction should he be kicking it? I'm assuming more than one Ifrit kicks a ball and you gotta find the one that kicks it somewhere safe. Idk. And yeah PF isn't understanding that they should take Ifrit to the same side as Garuda. It's a mess.

Hm (E6S continues)
You find the Ifrit first then go to bait the eruptions since he's kicking shortly after the eruptions drop. I'd link our clear for video demonstration but we clear on a 4-orb side so it's just an intercardinal callout so not a lot to see. I want to say it's:

3-orbs - Kicks center orb left or right.
4-orbs - Kicks far left or far right orb away from the knockback (aka, the knockback pushes it back to it's original starting point).

It's basically just one side is bait then cardinal other is bait then intercardinal.

Left / Right based off if you're running towards one of the split sides.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Hm (E6S continues)
You find the Ifrit first then go to bait the eruptions since he's kicking shortly after the eruptions drop. I'd link our clear for video demonstration but we clear on a 4-orb side so it's just an intercardinal callout so not a lot to see. I want to say it's:

3-orbs - Kicks center orb left or right.
4-orbs - Kicks far left or far right orb away from the knockback (aka, the knockback pushes it back to it's original starting point).

It's basically just one side is bait then cardinal other is bait then intercardinal.

Left / Right based off if you're running towards one of the split sides.
Oooh wait I think I figured it out.
During this part there's also the push that goes on during the kick. So Ifrit is kicking a ball and and instead of the wind ball being eaten by the split I'm the middle it's pushed far enough by Ifrit that it doesn't get eaten. So I need to find the spot where there is no Ifrit and the ball gets safely eaten. Pretty sure that's what I was doing wrong. I've been running towards Ifrit kicking the wind ball and since it still stays there I just die.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh wait I think I figured it out.
During this part there's also the push that goes on during the kick. So Ifrit is kicking a ball and and instead of the wind ball being eaten by the split I'm the middle it's pushed far enough by Ifrit that it doesn't get eaten. So I need to find the spot where there is no Ifrit and the ball gets safely eaten. Pretty sure that's what I was doing wrong. I've been running towards Ifrit kicking the wind ball and since it still stays there I just die.

One last time E6S!
Correct, for the 4-orb set. He kicks it out of the arena and then it gets pushed back to where he just was so if you run there you'll just eat the orb. So you simply go to the side Ifrit wasn't on and handle the mechanic normally.

On the 3-orb set, he just kicks the center orb away so the entire center area is safe, as long as you outrange the orbs since they're still on the field.

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
Okay time to make some money now I'll craft a couple crafting chest pieces and put them on the marketboard. I see the sell for over 500K so I'll sell it at that much and wait.

*Unlocks quest leading to new beast tribe quest then unlocks quest*

*Goes to check marketboard only to see someone undercut all the way down to over 300K*

I HATE IT HERE!!!

5.2 has made me realize that I really like crafting and hate the market. Every seller out there is a complete bonehead randomly lowering their prices every 5 minutes.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In other news I decide to look at fflogs and saw that they literally have both parts of Ruby EX seperate. LMFAO but it makes sense with the checkpoint.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
A week ago I simply wanted to level FSH so I could get the shark mount. Three days later I hit level 80 and then I had a lucky run last night and got the shark!

First gatherer/crafter job I've leveled past 20 and I love it! Now I'm addicted to fishing rare fishies for white scrips. Send help!

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't set foot into e6s as I was saving that for after reset. Now let's see if I e5s is a hard as e1s was on reclears lol

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got the shark mount. Got lucky with 3 rainbows, but my score was only like 5.4k. Thankfully I got 90% bonus that push past it.
There's only one player that doesn't hit 10k in my group lol. I feel bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.