Status
Not open for further replies.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Joined a fate outside Haukke Manor that had a different music sting and had a big box art graphic instead of the usual stuff, what was that all about?

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up purchasing the complete collector's edition on PSN and committing to this. The trial had me sold in 3 days of play and since I'd reached 35 I wanted to keep going at this momentum. Just hit 43 today and I feel like I'm still pretty early on in the ARR story. The quests I'm doing atm are around level 30-31.

Finished The Sunken Temple of Qarn and Cutter's Cry for the first time. I really enjoyed some of the boss mechanics in these dungeons since they felt a bit more complex than what's come before. I missed Haukke Manor and Brayflox's Longstop though so I'll have to go back and unlock those.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
NAwwoL2.png

My friend made me the Rebel Coat. Though I still had to pay a pretty penny considering the Shell Leather was oh so expensive.

(Also the clipping due to the stance for WHM haha)

Edit: Need to maybe update my Era avatar to match my new hairstyle and outfits too. This was supposed to be a christmas/holidays avatar, not one for the whole year.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
Capped every job + job quests, and Eureka. Just days before the 1 year anniversary of my character, too.

My favorites to level were BLM, SAM, WAR, BRD, the last 10 levels of DRK, and all of Eureka. The only job I didn't enjoy was MNK.

BkINUBN.png
dang in 1 year. grats.
im way to lazy to level my jobs each expansion lol. if it wasnt covid19 i doubt i finish them up lol

yes mnk was the job i didnt like out of all the jobs. tho the aoe combo feels good tho in dungeons.

i didnt like war's last few levels compare to the other tank just because i hate it that you need 3 gcd to put up the dmg buff lol. other 3 tank just press a ogcd then bam a dmg buff is up lol. tho gnb doesnt feel complete in st rotation until it got the 2 cartridge gain ogcd ability
so on my main char i just do daily roul to quickly lvl it up without the need to span the 70+ dungeons.
and back to my primal char i was trying to cap it too since its at 64 already before i abandon it. got it to lv74 and just still didnt feel like playing it much lol. guess no nascent flash yet for the awsome self heals.
but it was a joy to level whm again. i start incorporating some of the weaving tech that i start doing on the eden normal stuff (on aether char) while i was leveling my whm on primal. what a big difference compare to back then when shb started and i didnt understand some of the new change they did on the healers and whm kit.
i rember i use to still use cure2 often and only holy once a while. but now, i barely use cure2, maybe only if mobs not dying fast enough and tank doesnt have much cd left and im out of ogcd heals too.

Last edited:

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
If it hasn't really grabbed you then taking a break for the summer doesn't sound like a bad idea. You can give it another shot after the ARR revamp in August is out. Flight will make traversal easier and you should be able to skip the slog post ARR that burns out new people on their way to Heavensward.

I decided to..commit to this for a few weeks! Played an hour of XC and i felt I was playing the same game (superficially) so decided to play that later in the year. So, got over day one hype of another game (sort of) and picked up a time card and will be focus on this instead. Hopefully I will allow myself to be totally absorbed by the game and soak everything up. Played a few hours since and it's just nice to not be distracted.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got the Eurekan Petrel mount to drop from Hydatos bunny chests. Eldthurs from Pyros still eludes me.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
I decided to..commit to this for a few weeks! Played an hour of XC and i felt I was playing the same game (superficially) so decided to play that later in the year. So, got over day one hype of another game (sort of) and picked up a time card and will be focus on this instead. Hopefully I will allow myself to be totally absorbed by the game and soak everything up. Played a few hours since and it's just nice to not be distracted.
P4010.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
So my free time ran out and while going to pay for my subscription I noticed the note about the recruitment thing. Anyone up for that? I'm not 100% sure how it works but it seems like some easy free stuff.

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my free time ran out and while going to pay for my subscription I noticed the note about the recruitment thing. Anyone up for that? I'm not 100% sure how it works but it seems like some easy free stuff.

It's pretty easy, when you first pay for a sub, there'll be a field where you can enter in someone's recruitment code. Then both people will get free items (talk to the moogles in most major towns to receive them).

If you want to use my recruitment code, it's YRFANU7Z

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington
Orbonne Monastery trip report

no wipes, only near wipe was on Thunder God where I really had no idea what was going on. People we're complaining in chat they made it too easy...

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
So my subscription just ran out, and with my job's work-from-home situation ending on Monday, I think I'll put this game on the shelf until August and 5.3.

This past month I had more time than usual to play, and got deeply into a lot of stuff that I wouldn't normally bother with.

- Those Grand Company turn-ins sure do give out a lot of experience! At lower levels (and sometimes beyond), you can often buy stuff from vendors (or even on the market board for less) and walk right over and hand the stuff to the quartermaster and watch your levels soar. I blazed through Alchemist up to maybe level 25 just doing this, and took Miner all the way to 80 just handing over stuff I'd mined over on the First.

- I had completely missed the Stormblood beast tribes and how long (and, eventually, fulfilling!) their quest lines are. The Namazu are hilarious (especially if you're familiar with Japanese culture and the books and events they're parodying). All the tasks they assign you out on the Azim Steppe are trivial if you have the gear to match your level, and while they can get repetitive, they're humorous. Just opening them up takes forever, but it's worth it.

- Because I missed all of this and hadn't taken my crafters much past the low 50s, I also totally missed the whole Facet side of the Crystarium and all the stuff you can do there.

- I finally got to do the Ishgard rebuilding FATE. That music -- with its own custom intro, even! -- is glorious; I could listen to it all day. Who thought carrying materials to a construction site could be so fulfilling?

I also spent some time with my secondary character on Tonberry and had a lot of fun going through the main story again, this time as someone who actually knows how to play the game and how MMO mechanics work. Thankfully they now have the Hall of the Novice to teach people, but the first time through this, in 2013-14, this game really wasn't for offline RPG veterans at all; it was for MMO people who already knew how things worked.

Looking forward to the streamlined ARR quests in 5.3!

It's pretty easy, when you first pay for a sub, there'll be a field where you can enter in someone's recruitment code.

How do you know what your own recruitment code is, or generate one?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
So my subscription just ran out, and with my job's work-from-home situation ending on Monday, I think I'll put this game on the shelf until August and 5.3.

This past month I had more time than usual to play, and got deeply into a lot of stuff that I wouldn't normally bother with.

- Those Grand Company turn-ins sure do give out a lot of experience! At lower levels (and sometimes beyond), you can often buy stuff from vendors (or even on the market board for less) and walk right over and hand the stuff to the quartermaster and watch your levels soar. I blazed through Alchemist up to maybe level 25 just doing this, and took Miner all the way to 80 just handing over stuff I'd mined over on the First.

- I had completely missed the Stormblood beast tribes and how long (and, eventually, fulfilling!) their quest lines are. The Namazu are hilarious (especially if you're familiar with Japanese culture and the books and events they're parodying). All the tasks they assign you out on the Azim Steppe are trivial if you have the gear to match your level, and while they can get repetitive, they're humorous. Just opening them up takes forever, but it's worth it.

- Because I missed all of this and hadn't taken my crafters much past the low 50s, I also totally missed the whole Facet side of the Crystarium and all the stuff you can do there.

- I finally got to do the Ishgard rebuilding FATE. That music -- with its own custom intro, even! -- is glorious; I could listen to it all day. Who thought carrying materials to a construction site could be so fulfilling?

I also spent some time with my secondary character on Tonberry and had a lot of fun going through the main story again, this time as someone who actually knows how to play the game and how MMO mechanics work. Thankfully they now have the Hall of the Novice to teach people, but the first time through this, in 2013-14, this game really wasn't for offline RPG veterans at all; it was for MMO people who already knew how things worked.

Looking forward to the streamlined ARR quests in 5.3!

How do you know what your own recruitment code is, or generate one?
Theres a spot in mogstation where you can email someone a referral code. You can email one to yourself to generate a referral code you can give to someone who's email you don't know.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
NAwwoL2.png

My friend made me the Rebel Coat. Though I still had to pay a pretty penny considering the Shell Leather was oh so expensive.

(Also the clipping due to the stance for WHM haha)

Edit: Need to maybe update my Era avatar to match my new hairstyle and outfits too. This was supposed to be a christmas/holidays avatar, not one for the whole year.

Nice, I think the Rebel/Urban Coats are pretty cool. I've been using the Urban Coat for BLM while leveling. Kind of want to get the boots from the set at some point when the prices finally start to drop on the MB lol.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
Theres a spot in mogstation where you can email someone a referral code. You can email one to yourself to generate a referral code you can give to someone who's email you don't know.

Thanks for that; I'll keep it in mind! Would never have figured that out for myself because I only ever go to the Mogstation when subscribing.

Nice, I think the Rebel/Urban Coats are pretty cool. I've been using the Urban Coat for BLM while leveling. Kind of want to get the boots from the set at some point when the prices finally start to drop on the MB lol.

That's a nice coat; is that the 2B legwear?

Deleted member 2585

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty happy with how my Rebel Coat poverty dye glam turned out. I need to mess with the boot dyes some more.

Thanks, I used yours.

Much appreciated!

Thanks for that; I'll keep it in mind! Would never have figured that out for myself because I only ever go to the Mogstation when subscribing.

You can also go the the mogstation, click on the "Your Account" tab, and find the "Recruit a Friend" banner right above Account Status. Then you can just copy-paste the code you find there, no need to email.

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll never get my weapon lol

OTL

Orbonne's great, and one of my personal favorite raids.

But I also don't want to do Orbonne now, with the event attracting a bunch of people who mentally check-out and make me prog Cid for half an hour lol

It was way worse back in the end of Stormblood. The original moogle tomestone event made people realize they could iLvl cheese their way into their desired ARR raids and also made them turn off their join in progress. With Cid un-nerfed, people would either leave as soon as they loaded in and recognized where they were, or the raid would wipe once against Cid, and people would then leave. Considering nobody would be matching in (exacerbated by how DF would try to fill parties), the raid would collapse, wasting everybody's time. There was a string of months where every single Orbonne I tried to do would end in failure.

I just wanted my Agrias glam :(

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying a second job for the first time during 2.1, switched from DRG to RDM and it's so much fun!

One question, it's seems kind of hard to try and level 2 jobs together, any tips on that?

It was cool that I found Kan-E-Senna's sister around in the woods before meeting her during the MSQ, I love when this happens.

Also, finally got a keyboard so I can express myself during dungeons and stuff instead of just relying on gg, thx and so on lol

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying a second job for the first time during 2.1, switched from DRG to RDM and it's so much fun!

One question, it's seems kind of hard to try and level 2 jobs together, any tips on that?

It was cool that I found Kan-E-Senna's sister around in the woods before meeting her during the MSQ, I love when this happens.

Also, finally got a keyboard so I can express myself during dungeons and stuff instead of just relying on gg, thx and so on lol
Quests between expansions (X.1, X.2, etc.) don't give a ton of EXP since they are done at max level when they are current content. So you're not going to get a ton of EXP in general, much less splitting it between two jobs. You get an EXP bonus if you're leveling a job that's lower level than your highest one though, so it will be easier to max one and then level the other.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
2,1 finished, that King Moogle fight was something for use, my teammates were laughing as I kept spamming WTF in chat.
Finally I can reach Minfilia and the others faster now that they have a waypoint lol

Quests between expansions (X.1, X.2, etc.) don't give a ton of EXP since they are done at max level when they are current content. So you're not going to get a ton of EXP in general, much less splitting it between two jobs. You get an EXP bonus if you're leveling a job that's lower level than your highest one though, so it will be easier to max one and then level the other.

I see, I'll try to do that then!

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing this for the first time a couple days ago. I've picked a healer class and I've completed my first two dungeons. I'm really enjoying it. I haven't played an MMO in like 10 years, so it's been fun getting into one again.

Are there any tips or things I should take note of as a beginner? I've read there's no point to doing non mainline story quests or the ones with a (+) symbol next to them unless I need bonus exp.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I started playing this for the first time a couple days ago. I've picked a healer class and I've completed my first two dungeons. I'm really enjoying it. I haven't played an MMO in like 10 years, so it's been fun getting into one again.

Are there any tips or things I should take note of as a beginner? I've read there's no point to doing non mainline story quests or the ones with a (+) symbol next to them unless I need bonus exp.

The blue ones with a plus? Very important they unlock stuff.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a bit of a request for one of the good people of this thread: would somebody be able to link me the track that plays whenever Emet-Selch is on-screen? I really wanna listen to it but, only being lv. 73, I'm wary of the recommendations on YouTube spoiling the MSQ.

You can put off the 'plus' quests for now, but you'll want to do them eventually; those quests unlock something, usually a new mechanic. I'd recommend doing the leveling roulette everyday. It only takes 20 minutes once you're inside (queues should be instant as a healer), and it gets you more than a full level with the once-per-day bonus. Also, don't be afraid to try out the other classes. You can just stick to your main one, but if you do so you will come to over level everything if you're also running dungeons with any sort of regularity.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Got the full set of starter warrior gear from the job quest, looks so much better than that dumb armour and helmet in one. Although watching my character just stand stoically during cutscenes rather than nod or react got pretty funny.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a bit of a request for one of the good people of this thread: would somebody be able to link me the track that plays whenever Emet-Selch is on-screen? I really wanna listen to it but, only being lv. 73, I'm wary of the recommendations on YouTube spoiling the MSQ.
I think you're referring to Bedlam's Brink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFt8RnScxlc

The video is a cutscene from 4.4, I assume you're past that at 73.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
So I'm thinking about getting back into this. I think I stopped end game of a realm reborn and never played the first expansion. How is the game now and where should I start?

1 gift from laoni

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from laoni laoni!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

laoni said:
SE kept giving me an i2501 error when trying to use this game time card, which is apparently a payment processing error for my prepaid gametime card, hrrrm...

Either way, the game let me sub fine with my actual card, so, here, may as well give this to someone who'll use it!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Mogstation Mogstation: FFXIV Game Time Card (EU) - Won by Mendrox Mendrox (9 entries)

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019

You want to do the + quests

Jan 10, 2018
Damnit! I just started playing this and I didn't know there was a limit to how many characters you could create on a single day. I just made a couple of random characters to see their animations and get a feel for the classes, but I don't want to continue playing with any of them. T.T

Fitz

Oct 25, 2017
I've been taking screenshots since I started playing this as a sort of log, but I've gone a bit mad since I started Heavensward, the zones are so much nicer, especially the lighting.

ffxiv_30052020_220851p8jyl.png

ffxiv_28052020_221628aikj3.png

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Dragoon to level 50 and decided to try out Samurai and Red Mage. I love both these classes! They feel powerful right off the bat being level 50 starting classes and both the armour sets look fantastic too. Honestly gonna be hard to choose which one to go with and I do still love Dragoon.

Still very early on in the MSQ for ARR... just started the Wrath of the Titan quest chain.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
Got my Dragoon to level 50 and decided to try out Samurai and Red Mage. I love both these classes! They feel powerful right off the bat being level 50 starting classes and both the armour sets look fantastic too. Honestly gonna be hard to choose which one to go with and I do still love Dragoon.

Still very early on in the MSQ for ARR... just started the Wrath of the Titan quest chain.
they r powerful at low levels because they arent tune for it lol.
like some class gets potency buff traits or new ability replace old as you level up. well some of those new classes dont have that. so they got like full potency values atk for lowlvls

Status
Not open for further replies.