Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
NY
from what little i watched of their prog, he just seemed like kind of a jerk

well, he'll have a chance to prove himself for real when the next tier comes out i guess

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For our last Sunday Static run of Shadowbringers (after finally clearing 12s a week and a half ago) we did role swaps and started up fresh at E9S. It was a beautiful disaster as we had healers and tanks that had never done that job in Savage, and people that had swapped from ranged to melee roles. I went from Astrologian to Paladin off-tank. Staying in melee range is terrible! I had a great time lol. We only got to 10.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also finished 5.0 yesterday morning. Got through 5.2 before calling it a night last night. I thiiiiiiiink I might get through this in the next couple of days. We'll see.

Oct 26, 2017
I was looking at a checklist of things to prepare before Endwalker and under the crafting section it says to stock up on these items before the patch:

Dwarven Mythril Nugget
Dwarven Mythril Ingot
Lignum Vitae Lumber
Sea Swallow Leather
Dwarven Cotton Thread
Dwarven Cotton
Enchanted Dimythrite Ink
Underground Spring Water

Is there something specific these are supposed to be used for once 6.0 hits?

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Fellow Scholars, I'm trying to get better at playing my class, and notice that I haven't been using the mid-50s ability Deployment Tactics much. How do I use it?

I loved using Bane and Aero and Miasma and spreading them to multiple enemies as a damage dealer Arcanist early on. Now they've taken that out but want you to spread shield effects to mitigate damage. So I see what Deployment Tactics is for, but it feels like the only thing you can spread is Galvanize and I can already give Galvanize to the whole party using Succor, which is obtained before Deployment Tactics is.

What am I missing here?

I believe this question was overlooked.

To start with, Adloquium grants a stronger shield than Succor does, so using Adlo and deploying to the party will give a bit better protection for incoming damage.

Another use is in dungeons before pulls. We want to set an Adlo on both the tank and ourselves, so that when the tank's shield runs out during the pull we can then deploy the one on ourselves to give the tank a second shield.

Papatulus

Sep 27, 2021
I was looking at a checklist of things to prepare before Endwalker and under the crafting section it says to stock up on these items before the patch:

Dwarven Mythril Nugget
Dwarven Mythril Ingot
Lignum Vitae Lumber
Sea Swallow Leather
Dwarven Cotton Thread
Dwarven Cotton
Enchanted Dimythrite Ink
Underground Spring Water

Is there something specific these are supposed to be used for once 6.0 hits?
A lot of them are used in things like exarchic gear or grade 4 skybuilder stuff, but I really see no idea why you'd want to gather those specifically since it's not like they're gonna be harder to get once ShB launches and chances are that stuff won't be that useful. If anything, the thing they've sort of said with perception changing to increase yield rather than HQ means these are probably easier to gather after.
Unless the idea is to hoard all this stuff and then mass craft to level up from 80 to 81 ASAP? Seems a waste of time though.
Can you post the checklist?

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of them are used in things like exarchic gear or grade 4 skybuilder stuff, but I really see no idea why you'd want to gather those specifically since it's not like they're gonna be harder to get once ShB launches and chances are that stuff won't be that useful. If anything, the thing they've sort of said with perception changing to increase yield rather than HQ means these are probably easier to gather after.
Unless the idea is to hoard all this stuff and then mass craft to level up from 80 to 81 ASAP? Seems a waste of time though.
I see, yeah I wasn't sure if 80 crafted gear would suddenly be in demand on the mb at the start of a new patch or something. It's just a checklist I found on reddit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DWQ4o28mmFn-2qObTtIxjx1AJpOavUEheHeelRxPY8Y/

Not sure if there's a better one out there though I think I've hit most of the obvious resource caps already.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This whole time, I'd been planning on doing Trusts first for everything cause I like the system and it's apparently even better now and it'd be a great way to learn the boss mechanics, etc. However, I just realized... it'd probably be a lot of fun playing entirely new content together with others. DPS queue would be a problem though, lmao.

Oh dear. That's gonna be a lot. Though, I'm not in a rush for my level 80 jobs aside from my DRG, just wanna get my AST a decent weapon, haha. Still, better to farm anyway just in case. Thanks!

Holy crap, 24 hours?? Damn. I mean, makes sense, just a bit surprised as this is my first time experiencing an expansion launch. So that's all of Thursday evening for me... Meaning, I can only play until Wednesday night. Huh.

Well, guess that just means more time for Genshin and SMTV, I suppose.

DPS queues the first two weeks on new expac content will be just as fast as healers tanks, instead of waiting 2 seconds, you might wait 30.

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
Some of the examples could be considered a stretch, but the last few are definitely strange. Not sure why one would put on an act like this, or why anyone would care to begin with, but the discourse over the next few days should be entertaining at least lol
He got caught for the cheating classic. Copying your friend's HW but making the same mistake as him that ends up giving it away lol. The SoS clip is pretty damning.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I was a fan of Max but wow if this is true.

Now calling it cheating is stupid, but why fake blind prog? It does absolutely nothing to help you. Nobody cares if you do it blind or not, but don't be disingenuous about shit like this. I would've liked to give him the benefit of the doubt, but those clips are pretty damning tbh.

That's awkward :/ I was enjoying those streams but I don't like this kind of dishonesty.

Last edited:

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
The last couple of months I've been playing through ARR to HW with an alt and just finished final steps of faith. I forgot that they threw the
nidhogg eyes together off the bridge.
Some goobbue could have picked it up and used them to turn into a super saiyan right?

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
The last couple of months I've been playing through ARR to HW with an alt and just finished final steps of faith. I forgot that they threw the
Some goobbue could have picked it up and used them to turn into a super saiyan right?

Well, their reasoning was that because there is a constant storm of wind-aspected aether there, it would out of reach of all creatures. Obviously, they forgot ascians do not care about dying so they got it. Mortal creatures and even machinas would be completely obliterated trying to retrieve it.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's enough room for us to say this is in fact canon.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I am out of the loop for this one. Can you tell me what this ATHLEAN-X reference is about?
Lol didn't think someone would even get it. Apparently a little while back he was exposed for using fake plates or something during one of his instructional form videos for deadlifts I believe. Nothing wrong with that since he's just explaining and showing proper form. No need to tire himself out with multiple takes when making a video. The drama was that he SAID that he was going heavy but then someone found out he was actually using fake plates or whatever.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
if I recall correctly, they mention somewhere that the area below the bridge is basically a bunch of tumultuous aether that no living person would survive, which is why it's the warriors of darkness who retrieve the eyes

Truno

Jan 16, 2020

350px-Eldthurs_Horn--20210306182034.png

i thought it already happened and this was the product

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I was wondering if it was stuff for making the level 80 grade 4 skybuilder crafts since I'm assuming those will give exp now - and there is some that would match, but just because those materials are used for a lot of things. I guess it is just for mass crafting like that...? But I feel like it's a little weird to focus just on those when you'd generally need more than just those ingredients to make things; if it was for exarchic gear for exp I'd expect to see the allegory mats you need listed as well.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
To me, that list of crafting materials just seems like someone's informed assumption based on commonly used materials from previous expansions. Those have just been consistently useful materials for the last few years.

They don't know anything we don't.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey gang, so I had a few questions leading up to the release. I'm resubbing today after about 12 months out for work reasons. Want to catch up on the MSQ and decide which job I wanna rock for this expansion.
So on that note, 2 questions:

- What would be the best way to get a "feel" for how a job plays near end game? I used to do deep dungeons for this, is there anything new since I've been gone?

- What's the best way to level (outside of the usual roulette's)? Still deep dungeons at well?

Right now I'm debating between WAR, RDM, MNK, MCH, SAM and Sage.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
Hey gang, so I had a few questions leading up to the release. I'm resubbing today after about 12 months out for work reasons. Want to catch up on the MSQ and decide which job I wanna rock for this expansion.

- What would be the best way to get a "feel" for how a job plays near end game? I used to do deep dungeons for this, is there anything new since I've been gone?

- What's the best way to level (outside of the usual roulette's)? Still deep dungeons at well?

The answer to both of these questions is the Bozjan Southern Front / Zadnor zones from the Shadowbringers relic quests. You can go in with a level 71 job and you are synced up to 80.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Mar 15, 2019
This is probably a dumb question but what would be the best job for solo player who feels exhausted playing healer (because everyone keeps running away while I try to heal and re-coup MP)? I feel like I'm babysitting and it's getting to be not much fun.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017

1) Deep Dungeon/Heaven On High still works if you're into solo stuff. You can also work on your Grand Company Squadron and do Command Missions with them for a slightly more authentic experience in dungeons. At level 70+ you can do Trust Missions to get a similar experience. If you want just a quick pick up and play experience the Bozjan Southern Front (level 71+) is stupid easy XP and really good at getting you back into fighting shape as far as boss mechanics go.

2) level < 71: Roulettes, Wonderous Tails, Beast Tribe quests, Hunts, and Dungeon spam. 71+ Bozjan Southern Front and it's not close. The XP in there is absolutely bonkers good.

This is probably a dumb question but what would be the best job for solo player who feels exhausted playing healer (because everyone keeps running away while I try to heal and re-coup MP)? I feel like I'm babysitting and it's getting to be not much fun.
I like tanks. They're pretty simple to play and you only really need to manage yourself and the boss/pulls. The game goes at your pace in group content, and you're durable enough to handle a lot solo. DRK is my favorite but GNB has more fun buttons to push.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
To me, that list of crafting materials just seems like someone's informed assumption based on commonly used materials from previous expansions. Those have just been consistently useful materials for the last few years.

They don't know anything we don't.

Hmm, so I was looking around at some other prep stuff and I found something that may explain it - I think most of the level 80 Grand Company turnins use a combination of things from that list as the ingredients. I have a lot of some of that stuff sitting around thanks to submersible loot and such anyway (I'm pretty sure I have ridiculous amounts of the logs thanks to that), but I might go stock up on the rest more with that in mind.

...also reminds me that I should go do custom deliveries today, cause I've cashed out most of my scrips. I was finishing up Crystaline Mean stuff and then fiiiiinally got around to finishing off the Skybuilder gathering tools, which meant restocking on hi-cordials... I'm not sure spending several hours in the Diadem was the best use of my time yesterday but realistically there's not much else I'm likely to get done at this point, so at least I got the shiny.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

What kind of content are you looking to play? For actual soloing, Red Mage and Paladin are nice because they eventually get the capability to heal themselves. In dungeons Paladin might still hit that baby sitting feeling though.

For a nice job that's just low stress all around, I really like all the Physical Ranged jobs because there's no cast times, mana or melee positionals to worry about, so you can run around pretty freely. Dancer is the chillest of those by far, but Machinist or Bard are generally quite chill as well.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
youtu.be

Limit Maximum - Obvious Cheater Fakes Blind Progression in FFXIV

Limit Maximum - Obvious Cheater Fakes Blind Progression in FFXIV

People really have a lot of time on their hands to make something as stupid as this.

this video is pretty damning especially that SoS EX clip.

max: "uh hey guys maybe don't LB3 this boss" why? What other boss in the game can stop it? Why would he say that then act shocked for some reason when the boss takes damage?

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The answer to both of these questions is the Bozjan Southern Front / Zadnor zones from the Shadowbringers relic quests. You can go in with a level 71 job and you are synced up to 80.
1) Deep Dungeon/Heaven On High still works if you're into solo stuff. You can also work on your Grand Company Squadron and do Command Missions with them for a slightly more authentic experience in dungeons. At level 70+ you can do Trust Missions to get a similar experience. If you want just a quick pick up and play experience the Bozjan Southern Front (level 71+) is stupid easy XP and really good at getting you back into fighting shape as far as boss mechanics go.

2) level < 71: Roulettes, Wonderous Tails, Beast Tribe quests, Hunts, and Dungeon spam. 71+ Bozjan Southern Front and it's not close. The XP in there is absolutely bonkers good.

I like tanks. They're pretty simple to play and you only really need to manage yourself and the boss/pulls. The game goes at your pace in group content, and you're durable enough to handle a lot solo. DRK is my favorite but GNB has more fun buttons to push.
Thanks a ton! So then Pre 71, if I just want to get a better "feel" for my lower level jobs deep dungeon is the way to go for the level up sync?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Was seeing Cohh doing 5.4 and I'm still so glad that
they made my man Graha part of our team and finally living his dream. Dude's so wholesome and cool.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I haven't finished SB yet, but I hate how you fight Ran'jit four(?) times and none of them is even a trial. They did a bit of the same in Stormblood with Zenos.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't finished SB yet, but I hate how you fight Ran'jit four(?) times and none of them is even a trial. They did a bit of the same in Stormblood with Zenos.
Don't *you* only fight him twice? And then you dumpster him the second time in a solo duty iirc. You do also fight him as Thancred, but I thought that was sufficiently different personally. Generally, I agree that Ran'jit is a low point, but I still also think Zenos is worse.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CHOP CHOP, OLD MAN!

I burned through 5.3 - 5.55 yesterday. It was long but worth it.
Well la di dah. Aren't you just some hot shit? Well then, I refuse to be shown up by the likes of you!

But in all seriousness, I think I should be able to do this. Three dungeons, one trial? I can do this. Hopefully that one trial ain't too bad. The dungeons I can Trust my way through which means I'm not too nervous about having to research beforehand to make sure I know the mechanics and don't screw up too badly.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
this video is pretty damning especially that SoS EX clip.

max: "uh hey guys maybe don't LB3 this boss" why? What other boss in the game can stop it? Why would he say that then act shocked for some reason when the boss takes damage?
There's a comment from quincy lu that pretty much explains why that whole video is bullshit

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is the perfect time for and amount of silly raid/community drama. Can watch some fun clip dissections and reactions, then it'll all be forgotten when EW comes out.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
There's a comment from quincy lu that pretty much explains why that whole video is bullshit

I have no idea who that is but the video shows clips and those clips make it really hard to give Max the benefit of the doubt because some of them there's just no way he knew within 1 or 2 pulls of the encounter if he was truly blind. The SoS one is by far the worst.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
Extreme COPIUM-fueled comment if you ask me.

I've watched the video 3 times.

I think the E9S clip is debatle because it was obvious to me that walking on the cloud would slow it because of how World of Darkness works. and when he walks over it, it slowed down.

However a lot of the later clips in the video were pretty spot on. The limit break and refering to the sword as a plural and knowing it was going to move before it moved.

I really hope it's not true and that he's just... really good at guessing but I feel I'm giving him too much of a benefit.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I hate to say it but who cares about Max.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I genuinely enjoyed watching some of their prog through the Eden raid series, so it's kind of disappointing to potentially learn it wasn't actually blind. Even more so the fact that Max may have flat out lied for practically no reason at all. Like, yea I get you're a world first raider in WoW, but holy shit check your ego if you feel you need to be disingenuous about whether you're fully blind or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.