• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Took a while but finally wrapped up Post-Heavensward quests. So many new games came out, and there's also so much side content in this game that it was a little to easy to get distracted πŸ˜…. But I'll try to keep this short.

I'm shocked that Estinien survived. I was sure we were going to have to kill him.

Nidhogg's eyes getting recovered wasn't shocking though. I was baffled that they threw both of them in the same spot. They could have at least thrown them off opposite sides of the bridge lol

Was not expecting the WoD story to wrap up this soon. I thought they were going to be a bigger part of the overall story. I did feel bad for them despite them somewhat being assholes. Can't really blame them though, their world was getting wiped out despite them doing everything "right."

The Minfilia stuff was a bummer for me. Maybe I expected too much from her, but I feel like she never actually did anything. It's kinda shocking how irrelevant she is to the game. I just always assumed she would eventually get her moment, but now she's just gone. At least she's going to save the WoD's world so she is doing something, I guess πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ. Oh well, at least I don't have to wonder if she's ever going to be an important character, because that felt like a definitive no to me.

Also fuck Ilberd. May you rest in piss you bum

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Took a while but finally wrapped up Post-Heavensward quests. So many new games came out, and there's also so much side content in this game that it was a little to easy to get distracted πŸ˜…. But I'll try to keep this short.

I'm shocked that Estinien survived. I was sure we were going to have to kill him.

Nidhogg's eyes getting recovered wasn't shocking though. I was baffled that they threw both of them in the same spot. They could have at least thrown them off opposite sides of the bridge lol

Was not expecting the WoD story to wrap up this soon. I thought they were going to be a bigger part of the overall story. I did feel bad for them despite them somewhat being assholes. Can't really blame them though, their world was getting wiped out despite them doing everything "right."

The Minfilia stuff was a bummer for me. Maybe I expected too much from her, but I feel like she never actually did anything. It's kinda shocking how irrelevant she is to the game. I just always assumed she would eventually get her moment, but now she's just gone. At least she's going to save the WoD's world so she is doing something, I guess πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ. Oh well, at least I don't have to wonder if she's ever going to be an important character, because that felt like a definitive no to me.

Also fuck Ilberd. May you rest in piss you bum

First point: I think narratively and thematically at this point it's so important for Alphinaud and the WoL to be able to save someone. The scene of Haurchefant and Ysayle helping remove the eyes fucks me up every time. Also if you like Estinien I highly recommend levelling Dragoon if you haven't already.

Second point: Yeah Aymeric outright says it was stupid but to be fair he was panicking and nothing is supposed to be able to survive down there.

Third point: The third expansion is called Shadowbringers. Make of that what you will.

Fourth point: Yeah Minfilia felt like she suffered a lot from 1.0 baggage in that you were clearly expected to already be attached to her in ARR and her peacing out so soon when the rest of the scions get several 100-hour games' worth of character arc each is like. oh okay. But without spoiling it there IS payoff for her whole character and it's genuinely some of my fave writing in the game.

Fifth point: Sloppeh

If you haven't done any of the 8-man or alliance raids I recommend it, some really cool stuff in there. The Warring Triad trial storyline also has some nice character focus for Krile and Urianger and some cool worldbuilding. Also the fights are fun.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
First point: I think narratively and thematically at this point it's so important for Alphinaud and the WoL to be able to save someone. The scene of Haurchefant and Ysayle helping remove the eyes fucks me up every time. Also if you like Estinien I highly recommend levelling Dragoon if you haven't already.
Yeah, I'm happy he's alive. I was just shocked since our track record hasn't been great lately, like you said lol
I'll definitely make sure Dragoon's the next job I lvl up, after I'm done RDM

Third point: The third expansion is called Shadowbringers. Make of that what you will.
πŸ€”

Yeah Minfilia felt like she suffered a lot from 1.0 baggage in that you were clearly expected to already be attached to her in ARR and her peacing out so soon when the rest of the scions get several 100-hour games' worth of character arc each is like. oh okay. But without spoiling it there IS payoff for her whole character and it's genuinely some of my fave writing in the game.
Good to hear there will be some payoff, cause from my point of view she really needs it.

If you haven't done any of the 8-man or alliance raids I recommend it, some really cool stuff in there. The Warring Triad trial storyline also has some nice character focus for Krile and Urianger and some cool worldbuilding. Also the fights are fun.

Yeah I did all of them, that was one reason it took a while for me to get back to the MSQ.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm happy he's alive. I was just shocked since our track record hasn't been great lately, like you said lol
I'll definitely make sure Dragoon's the next job I lvl up, after I'm done RDM

Estinien surviving is something that could very easily be spoiled by current marketing, so it's cool you were able to avoid everything.

Definitely keep up avoiding any marketing/trailers, there's a few other things expansion trailers treat as known.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia

Estinien surviving is something that could very easily be spoiled by current marketing, so it's cool you were able to avoid everything.

Definitely keep up avoiding any marketing/trailers, there's a few other things expansion trailers treat as known.

Yeah I haven't watched any of the trailers, and managed to dodge most spoilers. The only thing I did get spoiled on was how Urianger looks. I went into the Endwalker OT a little while back (a month or 2 ago) and someone posted a photo of him. Thankfully it wasn't a big spoiler, but that's also why I still post in this thread. It wasn't the posters fault, but it made me realized just how far behind everyone I was. So it's best to just steer clear of it for now.

Also I had a question about the Yokai event if you guys could answer it. I haven't started the event yet, but I know you have to get a bunch of weapons if you want to get the mounts. But can you get weapons from jobs that you haven't unlocked yet? Can I do all the farming on my main job?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I haven't watched any of the trailers, and managed to dodge most spoilers. The only thing I did get spoiled on was how Urianger looks. I went into the Endwalker OT a little while back (a month or 2 ago) and someone posted a photo of him. Thankfully it wasn't a big spoiler, but that's also why I still post in this thread. It wasn't the posters fault, but it made me realized just how far behind everyone I was. So it's best to just steer clear of it for now.

Also I had a question about the Yokai event if you guys could answer it. I haven't started the event yet, but I know you have to get a bunch of weapons if you want to get the mounts. But can you get weapons from jobs that you haven't unlocked yet? Can I do all the farming on my main job?
The weapons are tied to a currency you get by using a specific event minion in a specific zone to complete FATES while wearing the watch so you'll want to look up which one provides which weapon currency. Also be aware that Gunbreaker and Dancer require you to have unlocked at least one Stormblood zone.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Yep! You can obtain them as any class.

Also yeah it's best to steer clear of the Endwalker OT, it has open spoilers up to EW and sometimes up to 6.5.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
The weapons are tied to a currency you get by using a specific event minion in a specific zone to complete FATES while wearing the watch so you'll want to look up which one provides which weapon currency. Also be aware that Gunbreaker and Dancer require you to have unlocked at least one Stormblood zone.

Yep! You can obtain them as any class.

Also yeah it's best to steer clear of the Endwalker OT, it has open spoilers up to EW and sometimes up to 6.5.

Good to know. Thanks

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Just finished the In Crimson It Began quest, and things went from 0->1000 really quick.
Meffrid down already, Y'shtola critically injured. All while we got completely humiliated by the boss. Definitely wasn't our best showing πŸ˜“
He really went "skill issue" and left πŸ’€

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the In Crimson It Began quest, and things went from 0->1000 really quick.
Meffrid down already, Y'shtola critically injured. All while we got completely humiliated by the boss. Definitely wasn't our best showing πŸ˜“
He really went "skill issue" and left πŸ’€

Yeah StB is basically War Crimes: The Expansion lol