Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Took a while but finally wrapped up Post-Heavensward quests. So many new games came out, and there's also so much side content in this game that it was a little to easy to get distracted 😅. But I'll try to keep this short.

I'm shocked that Estinien survived. I was sure we were going to have to kill him.

Nidhogg's eyes getting recovered wasn't shocking though. I was baffled that they threw both of them in the same spot. They could have at least thrown them off opposite sides of the bridge lol

Was not expecting the WoD story to wrap up this soon. I thought they were going to be a bigger part of the overall story. I did feel bad for them despite them somewhat being assholes. Can't really blame them though, their world was getting wiped out despite them doing everything "right."

The Minfilia stuff was a bummer for me. Maybe I expected too much from her, but I feel like she never actually did anything. It's kinda shocking how irrelevant she is to the game. I just always assumed she would eventually get her moment, but now she's just gone. At least she's going to save the WoD's world so she is doing something, I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️. Oh well, at least I don't have to wonder if she's ever going to be an important character, because that felt like a definitive no to me.

Also fuck Ilberd. May you rest in piss you bum

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Took a while but finally wrapped up Post-Heavensward quests. So many new games came out, and there's also so much side content in this game that it was a little to easy to get distracted 😅. But I'll try to keep this short.

I'm shocked that Estinien survived. I was sure we were going to have to kill him.

Nidhogg's eyes getting recovered wasn't shocking though. I was baffled that they threw both of them in the same spot. They could have at least thrown them off opposite sides of the bridge lol

Was not expecting the WoD story to wrap up this soon. I thought they were going to be a bigger part of the overall story. I did feel bad for them despite them somewhat being assholes. Can't really blame them though, their world was getting wiped out despite them doing everything "right."

The Minfilia stuff was a bummer for me. Maybe I expected too much from her, but I feel like she never actually did anything. It's kinda shocking how irrelevant she is to the game. I just always assumed she would eventually get her moment, but now she's just gone. At least she's going to save the WoD's world so she is doing something, I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️. Oh well, at least I don't have to wonder if she's ever going to be an important character, because that felt like a definitive no to me.

Also fuck Ilberd. May you rest in piss you bum

First point: I think narratively and thematically at this point it's so important for Alphinaud and the WoL to be able to save someone. The scene of Haurchefant and Ysayle helping remove the eyes fucks me up every time. Also if you like Estinien I highly recommend levelling Dragoon if you haven't already.

Second point: Yeah Aymeric outright says it was stupid but to be fair he was panicking and nothing is supposed to be able to survive down there.

Third point: The third expansion is called Shadowbringers. Make of that what you will.

Fourth point: Yeah Minfilia felt like she suffered a lot from 1.0 baggage in that you were clearly expected to already be attached to her in ARR and her peacing out so soon when the rest of the scions get several 100-hour games' worth of character arc each is like. oh okay. But without spoiling it there IS payoff for her whole character and it's genuinely some of my fave writing in the game.

Fifth point: Sloppeh

If you haven't done any of the 8-man or alliance raids I recommend it, some really cool stuff in there. The Warring Triad trial storyline also has some nice character focus for Krile and Urianger and some cool worldbuilding. Also the fights are fun.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
First point: I think narratively and thematically at this point it's so important for Alphinaud and the WoL to be able to save someone. The scene of Haurchefant and Ysayle helping remove the eyes fucks me up every time. Also if you like Estinien I highly recommend levelling Dragoon if you haven't already.
Yeah, I'm happy he's alive. I was just shocked since our track record hasn't been great lately, like you said lol
I'll definitely make sure Dragoon's the next job I lvl up, after I'm done RDM

Third point: The third expansion is called Shadowbringers. Make of that what you will.
🤔

Yeah Minfilia felt like she suffered a lot from 1.0 baggage in that you were clearly expected to already be attached to her in ARR and her peacing out so soon when the rest of the scions get several 100-hour games' worth of character arc each is like. oh okay. But without spoiling it there IS payoff for her whole character and it's genuinely some of my fave writing in the game.
Good to hear there will be some payoff, cause from my point of view she really needs it.

If you haven't done any of the 8-man or alliance raids I recommend it, some really cool stuff in there. The Warring Triad trial storyline also has some nice character focus for Krile and Urianger and some cool worldbuilding. Also the fights are fun.

Yeah I did all of them, that was one reason it took a while for me to get back to the MSQ.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm happy he's alive. I was just shocked since our track record hasn't been great lately, like you said lol
I'll definitely make sure Dragoon's the next job I lvl up, after I'm done RDM

Estinien surviving is something that could very easily be spoiled by current marketing, so it's cool you were able to avoid everything.

Definitely keep up avoiding any marketing/trailers, there's a few other things expansion trailers treat as known.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia

Estinien surviving is something that could very easily be spoiled by current marketing, so it's cool you were able to avoid everything.

Definitely keep up avoiding any marketing/trailers, there's a few other things expansion trailers treat as known.

Yeah I haven't watched any of the trailers, and managed to dodge most spoilers. The only thing I did get spoiled on was how Urianger looks. I went into the Endwalker OT a little while back (a month or 2 ago) and someone posted a photo of him. Thankfully it wasn't a big spoiler, but that's also why I still post in this thread. It wasn't the posters fault, but it made me realized just how far behind everyone I was. So it's best to just steer clear of it for now.

Also I had a question about the Yokai event if you guys could answer it. I haven't started the event yet, but I know you have to get a bunch of weapons if you want to get the mounts. But can you get weapons from jobs that you haven't unlocked yet? Can I do all the farming on my main job?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I haven't watched any of the trailers, and managed to dodge most spoilers. The only thing I did get spoiled on was how Urianger looks. I went into the Endwalker OT a little while back (a month or 2 ago) and someone posted a photo of him. Thankfully it wasn't a big spoiler, but that's also why I still post in this thread. It wasn't the posters fault, but it made me realized just how far behind everyone I was. So it's best to just steer clear of it for now.

Also I had a question about the Yokai event if you guys could answer it. I haven't started the event yet, but I know you have to get a bunch of weapons if you want to get the mounts. But can you get weapons from jobs that you haven't unlocked yet? Can I do all the farming on my main job?
The weapons are tied to a currency you get by using a specific event minion in a specific zone to complete FATES while wearing the watch so you'll want to look up which one provides which weapon currency. Also be aware that Gunbreaker and Dancer require you to have unlocked at least one Stormblood zone.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Yep! You can obtain them as any class.

Also yeah it's best to steer clear of the Endwalker OT, it has open spoilers up to EW and sometimes up to 6.5.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
The weapons are tied to a currency you get by using a specific event minion in a specific zone to complete FATES while wearing the watch so you'll want to look up which one provides which weapon currency. Also be aware that Gunbreaker and Dancer require you to have unlocked at least one Stormblood zone.

Yep! You can obtain them as any class.

Also yeah it's best to steer clear of the Endwalker OT, it has open spoilers up to EW and sometimes up to 6.5.

Good to know. Thanks

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Just finished the In Crimson It Began quest, and things went from 0->1000 really quick.
Meffrid down already, Y'shtola critically injured. All while we got completely humiliated by the boss. Definitely wasn't our best showing 😓
He really went "skill issue" and left 💀

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the In Crimson It Began quest, and things went from 0->1000 really quick.
Meffrid down already, Y'shtola critically injured. All while we got completely humiliated by the boss. Definitely wasn't our best showing 😓
He really went "skill issue" and left 💀

Yeah StB is basically War Crimes: The Expansion lol

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Finished the main part of StormBlood late last night. Didn't feel like the overall plot moved forward much, but I liked the story a little more than Heavensward (still very much enjoyed that one too)

100% expected Yugiri to die on that suicide mission against Zenos. Glad I was wrong. I also thought Gosetsu was dead but nope he's with Yotsuyu 😲

Estinien got a hell of a buff lol He just nuked the cannon with no effort.

I really like Lyse's second outfit. Looks great. I feel stupid not realizing that it was her in the trailer until she put the outfit on 😅

Was not expecting Zenos to fuse with a primal and then to off himself. He really did what ever the hell he wanted. Even calling us his friend. YOLO I guess lol

And Cid really need to get a restraining order for Nero, he keep coming back lol

Since I won't be able to play ShadowBringers until Dawntrail comes out. I'll save the post patch MSQ's until closer to release. I have thing I want to do before Dawntrail like lvl up my Crafter/Gatherers and do Eureka and get the Relic weapon & Armor. I should probably lvl up Blue Mage too, so I can farm the Yokai Watch event better. Don't know what I'm gonna do first though.

Edit: I've been told that apparently 4.3 is a better stopping point, so I'll go until than.

Last edited:

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, outside of Endwalker, the expansion patches up to .3 deal with some loose ends of the expansion story. That makes 4.3 a very good stopping point.

Definitely don't push into 4.4 and 4.5 though if you're saving Shadowbringers for Dawntrail's release, because it will make you want to jump in immediately.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Just wrapped up 4.3 and wow.

Wasn't expecting a Fordola redemption arc, but hey I'm here for it. Hope we see more of her in the future.

The Yotsuyu stuff is just sad 😞. Her family is trash, and her brother is a psycho with a Zenos fetish. At least she got to kill them all in the end.

So, I assume Elidibus is in control of Zenos's body. It would explain why Varis looked annoyed when he took off his mask. He clearly recognized the face. But then we have that strange Elezen warrior (for a second, I thought it was Estinien). Like, is that supposed to be Zenos!? What!? How the hell does that even work!? I have so many questions, lol.

And then there's the final quest. Wow! I was shocked that we were allowed to play as Alphinaud. I was even more shocked when a mercenary came to rescue us. Now, I've done the MS roulette a lot, almost daily. He has a gunblade and a move that shoots out three Xs. He claims to have a past with the Scions. He also has beef with the Ascians. I can't fathom who it is, lol. I always laugh when, after Gaiusis is forced to uses Ultima, he says, "We'll talk later, ASCIAN," because he says it with so much disdain in his voice. Guess that led to him hunting them down now. How is he even alive, I got no idea 🤷🏽‍♂️

One thing's for sure, the Scions need to start cremating the bodies of these bodies.

Yeah, outside of Endwalker, the expansion patches up to .3 deal with some loose ends of the expansion story. That makes 4.3 a very good stopping point.

Definitely don't push into 4.4 and 4.5 though if you're saving Shadowbringers for Dawntrail's release, because it will make you want to jump in immediately.

Yeah, I was about to tell you that, take your time though.

I recently played ARR, HW and SB too (4.5 atm) but it's my 2nd time playing them since 2014 (and launch dates).

I already want to continue after that ending to 4.3 lol. But yeah I'll use some self control and wait. I still have about a month and a half left. No point in rushing things now. And I still have all the new raids and trials to do in the meantime.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I already want to continue after that ending to 4.3 lol. But yeah I'll use some self control and wait. I still have about a month and a half left. No point in rushing things now. And I still have all the new raids and trials to do in the meantime.

The Stormblood trials and raids are all really fun, so look forward them.

The Alliance Raid story tends to be a bit rough to follow if you're not familiar with the Ivalice games, but if you are then there's a lot of cool callbacks.
If you're not familiar with them though, the raids themselves are still widely considered some of the best mechanically, so you have that to look forward to.