• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Did Square Enix release any new weapons that are exclusive to the Timed Quests? The last time I played Final Fantasy XV, Afrosword was exclusive to the Timed Quests. Are there any more new exclusive weapons?
Not that I know of, but I'm not following the Timed Quests anymore. Last time I checked (a few weeks ago) there was still ony the Afrojack sword. I stil have 1400 points left over, so if they do add new stuff I should easily be able to grab it :D

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Thanks.

It's on sale for $20 and I'm tempted yet again to pick this up.

Just $10 more get's you the Premium edition and the DLC is so worth it! The Season pass has never gone below it's $25 price point, and likely won't, so it's basically like you're getting the season pass and just paying $5 for the base game. Comrades Expansion all by itself is $19.99...

/salesman :p

Anyway, try it out! :)

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

The king always fabulous.

Should've been this superior suit:

YNTRtGr.png

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the dlc like? My copy went mysteriously missing about 20 hours in and I need to rebuy it but debating wether I should spend the extra £10 for all the extra content.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
AHA! I knew there had to be more to the collab than just a single carving lol. So I wonder which Patch/Optional DLC will really open this up and when it will come out. I'm still pretty early in AC:O but I don't see myself revisiting it once I get the plat...

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the dlc like? My copy went mysteriously missing about 20 hours in and I need to rebuy it but debating wether I should spend the extra £10 for all the extra content.
For the $10 you get quite a bit of new story content and new gameplay mechanics in each episode, like at least 6-9 hours plus more if you want to platinum the time trials and extra modes in the DLCs so far. Episode Gladio is probably the weakest, but Prompto was quite nice, and Ignis coming Dec 13 seems to be even more meaty. Also you'll get the Comrades Multiplayer DLC, which, if they fix some of the current loading and matchmaking issues, could be even pretty fun with a group of people you know (the character creator is so good). Though you can also play the story campaign and missions solo and offline with AI bots if you want. Check out the Comrades OT and the reviews I added today: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...ades-ot-through-the-power-of-friendship.6232/

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
For the $10 you get quite a bit of new story content and new gameplay mechanics in each episode, like at least 6-9 hours plus more if you want to platinum the time trials and extra modes in the DLCs so far. Episode Gladio is probably the weakest, but Prompto was quite nice, and Ignis coming Dec 13 seems to be even more meaty. Also you'll get the Comrades Multiplayer DLC, which, if they fix some of the current loading and matchmaking issues, could be even pretty fun with a group of people you know (the character creator is so good). Though you can also play the story campaign and missions solo and offline with AI bots if you want. Check out the Comrades OT and the reviews I added today: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...ades-ot-through-the-power-of-friendship.6232/

Cool, thanks.

Are they seamlessly intergrated or an option in the menu? Are they open or linear?

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Separate from the game, you start them from the title screen. Gladio linear, Prompto has its own small, open area with little extra missions and enemies. Ignis seems linear too.
Prompto's open area is a missed opportunity. What's the point in grinding to upgrade the snowmobile? The upgrades should have been far cheaper or the materials far more abundant.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

Whooop! Hope that's where they reveal the roadmap for the second Season Pass and maybe the free story updates. Can't wait, lezzgooo.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Whooop! Hope that's where they reveal the roadmap for the second Season Pass and maybe the free story updates. Can't wait, lezzgooo.

Come on Ardyn spinoff.

It would be amazing if they did some more QoL stuff for the game too. Let people upgrade the DLC weapons or hell just add the weapons from Comrades in there.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Confession: I don't give two shits about Ardyn lol. They could make a DLC episode for ANYBODY else and I'd be happier. Luna, Aranea, Iris, Cid, Cor, Monica... Well, even so I'm all in if there is a Year 2 season pass. :)

Also on the FF wiki, they have a nice list of all the references to past games you can find in FFXV. Here is the FFIX ones.

• In Final Fantasy XV, the Crystal is said to hold the soul of the planet of Eos. This is also the relation of crystals and planets in Final Fantasy IX.
  • In Episode Duscae, the player can find Cherished Frogs, which cannot be sold. Their description reads, "Frog from fond childhood memories. Never caught more than nine." This refers to Quina's frog catching minigame from Final Fantasy IX, with the "nine" referring to Final Fantasy IX itself. The player can again catch frogs for a sidequest in the final game
  • A pair of Mage Mashers based on their Final Fantasy IX appearance is a bonus item for the players who pre-ordered the game from certain outlets.
  • Luna's full name is Lunafreya Nox Fleuret. Her first name is similar to "Freya Crescent", Luna meaning "moon".
  • Luna's weapon being a trident is a reference to Freya's Dragon skill "Luna", which is learned by equipping the trident.
  • There is a quest called "A Place to Call Home", named after a prominent theme in Final Fantasy IX.
  • The name for acquiring Hunter Rank 10 is "Alleyway Jack," the name Gilgamesh adopts in his appearance in Final Fantasy IX.
  • One of the various signs in Insomnia advertises Morrid's Coffee.
  • In Insomnia, one of the signs reads "Karaopera Entertainment Little Eiko", a reference to a character.
  • In Chapter 13 before the player heads into Zegnautus Keep, various flying entities patrol the skies of Gralea. These creatures return in Final Fantasy XV: Comrades. Their appearance are most reminiscent of the reoccurring boss Deathgaze, specifically to that of its incarnation as Deathguise in Final Fantasy IX.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Now I want Freya to replace Luna in XV. Bet she would've fought Leviathan as well!

Though I guess the PS VR overlay was a mistake and someone forgot to remove it after they showed Monster of the Deep just before Episode Ignis on the stream.
Yeah, the VR logo threw me off since I haven't watched anything Ignis-related...

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Confession: I don't give two shits about Ardyn lol. They could make a DLC episode for ANYBODY else and I'd be happier. Luna, Aranea, Iris, Cid, Cor, Monica... Well, even so I'm all in if there is a Year 2 season pass. :)

Also on the FF wiki, they have a nice list of all the references to past games you can find in FFXV. Here is the FFIX ones.

• In Final Fantasy XV, the Crystal is said to hold the soul of the planet of Eos. This is also the relation of crystals and planets in Final Fantasy IX.
  • In Episode Duscae, the player can find Cherished Frogs, which cannot be sold. Their description reads, "Frog from fond childhood memories. Never caught more than nine." This refers to Quina's frog catching minigame from Final Fantasy IX, with the "nine" referring to Final Fantasy IX itself. The player can again catch frogs for a sidequest in the final game
  • A pair of Mage Mashers based on their Final Fantasy IX appearance is a bonus item for the players who pre-ordered the game from certain outlets.
  • Luna's full name is Lunafreya Nox Fleuret. Her first name is similar to "Freya Crescent", Luna meaning "moon".
  • Luna's weapon being a trident is a reference to Freya's Dragon skill "Luna", which is learned by equipping the trident.
  • There is a quest called "A Place to Call Home", named after a prominent theme in Final Fantasy IX.
  • The name for acquiring Hunter Rank 10 is "Alleyway Jack," the name Gilgamesh adopts in his appearance in Final Fantasy IX.
  • In Insomnia, one of the signs reads "Karaopera Entertainment Little Eiko", a reference to a character.
  • In Chapter 13 before the player heads into Zegnautus Keep, various flying entities patrol the skies of Gralea. These creatures return in Final Fantasy XV: Comrades. Their appearance are most reminiscent of the reoccurring boss Deathgaze, specifically to that of its incarnation as Deathguise in Final Fantasy IX.
Hehe yeah, there are quite a lot of nods.

K6B1VDP.jpg

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I guess i was wrong when i said we wouldn't get the roadmap in November.

It seems that someone must really like FFIX.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I was reading that wiki entry and:

Although not in the final game, there was going to be an imperial general named Safay Roth, whose name sounds similar to the Final Fantasy VII main antagonist Sephiroth. Safay Roth was implied to originally be the main villain due to Ardyn Izunia being created after he was cut.

That is both terrible and hilarious, I wish they'd kept him.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Guyssss, I'm hyped af for the ATR :>

I was reading that wiki entry and:

That is both terrible and hilarious, I wish they'd kept him.
I still don't know if that is fake or not because it really sounds silly, lol. Does anybody have scans of the respective pages of the Ultimania that was supposed to be in?

EDIT: Found a discussion and translation on the Lifestream forums.

And a clarification on the Ardyn part:
Ah... So it's not that the removal of this 'Safeiroth' fellow bumped up Ardyn's role to Villain, but rather his position as Chancellor is because that is the kind of job a villain would have. Good, that solves one headache of mine.​

Last edited:

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
So... Am at chapter 10 now and still haven't cashed in my XP :D

I have 450k now lol.

You guys recommend I cash in now or keep going? If I cash in it takes me up to lvl 77.

Is that good enough?

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
So... Am at chapter 10 now and still haven't cashed in my XP :D

I have 450k now lol.

You guys recommend I cash in now or keep going? If I cash in it takes me up to lvl 77.

Is that good enough?
You mean you'll get to 77 after tripling it at the Altissia hotel? You will be over-leveled at least 30 levels or so compared to the last chapter's recommended level, lol. What is your goal anyway? Max level? You need roughly 25 million to get from level 99 to 120 alone (so roughly 8.5 million before it's tripled) plus a few millions from 77 to 99. Level up from 99 to 120 a few months ago farming Adamantoise for hours (the gigantic turtle monster in the desert) with the ring's insta-kill spell while having 100% EXP bonus from the expensive food in Altissia :D

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
You mean you'll get to 77 after tripling it at the Altissia hotel? You will be over-leveled at least 30 levels or so compared to the last chapter's recommended level, lol. What is your goal anyway? Max level? You need roughly 25 million to get from level 99 to 120 alone (so roughly 8.5 million before it's tripled) plus a few millions from 77 to 99. Level up from 99 to 120 a few months ago farming Adamantoise for hours (the gigantic turtle monster in the desert) with the ring's insta-kill spell while having 100% EXP bonus from the expensive food in Altissia :D

Yeah, triple in hotel :)

Wow, you need that much to lvl? Damn. :(
I just met the giant turtle, wrap a few times and run away. That was amazing.

No goal, just wanted to make it easy for me when I reach the finale chapter:)

I need to try that technique with turtle, of course I have to beat the game first .

So 77 is good to go, no point on saving now right?

Am so loving this game.
So I need to farm like hell if I wanted to reach 99 and above after I beat the game right?

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, triple in hotel :)

Wow, you need that much to lvl? Damn. :(
I just met the giant turtle, wrap a few times and run away. That was amazing.

No goal, just wanted to make it easy for me when I reach the finale chapter:)

I need to try that technique with turtle, of course I have to beat the game first .

So 77 is good to go, no point on saving now right?

Am so loving this game.
So I need to farm like hell if I wanted to reach 99 and above after I beat the game right?
Yeah, I would make the jump. Then from 77 you can do the rest of the hunts easily I'd say. If you really want to max it's gonna take maaany hours, yeah. I just grinded while listening to podcasts. Oh, and you can fight the turtle before beating the game (it's the last hunt from the tipster at the first diner at Hammerhead's). The fight itself is unfortunately pretty much garbage because of the camera and how huge the monster is. Just use the easy insta-kill spell of the ring wit R1 + Warp-button while having full MP - it might take a few tries though, but it's over in a few seconds often times.

Glad you're liking it! What FFs have you played before?

Btw, there is a very special post-game dungeon that I hope you didn't spoiler yourself on yet. After you beat the game you can get an upgrade for you car to fly, that way you can reach the dungeon. Here's a guide to reach it; don't watch anything on the dungeon itself, I want you to be suprised :D

FFXV Regalia secret dungeon Pitioss entrance
You'll first have to unlock the Regalia Type-F. Once that is done, go to the Verinas Mart outpost in Ravatogh, near the giant volcano in the south-western corner of the map. Take off in the flying car, and head to the tiny landing strip in the north. It's marked with a yellow line on your map. Save your progress before you begin – if you mess up the landing, you'll have to load the game.

ffxv-secret-dungeon-location-1024x581.jpg

secret-landing-strip-final-fantasy-xv-1024x581.jpg

You'll need to slow down as much as possible. Keep a low altitude and hold L2/LT all the time. As soon as you're past the cliff, dive and press X/A immediately. After you land, follow the path to the north. The dungeon entrance is in a building on the hill on the right – you've probably seen it while flying. There are a bunch of strong enemies here, like a lvl 62 Royalisk and a lvl 85 Malbodoom. You don't have to fight them if you're not in the mood – just run past them.

ffxv-regalia-secret-dungeon-1024x581.jpg

FFXV Pitioss Secret Dungeon entrance seen in the distance​

Climb the stairs, then jump across the gap. The rest of your team will have to stay behind. Only Noctis is allowed inside. Jump through the hole in the fence and press the giant, glowing button on the wall. A lift will take you down into the dungeon.

how-to-reach-secret-dungeon-with-regalia-type-f-ffxv-1024x581.jpg

ffxv-flying-car-dungeon-entrance-1024x581.jpg

WARNING: SAVE MANUALLY AS SOON AS YOU BEAT THE DUNGEON AND EXITED BEFORE YOU TRY FLYING BACK OUT OF THE SECRET AREA!!! IF YOU DON'T AND CRASH YOUR CAR TRYING TO FLY OUT OF THERE YOU'LL GET A GAME OVER AND WILL LOSE THE LAST 3-4 HOURS OF PROGRESS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SAVE AUTOMATICALLY IN THE DUNGEON!!!

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I would make the jump. Then from 77 you can do the rest of the hunts easily I'd say. If you really want to max it's gonna take maaany hours, yeah. I just grinded while listening to podcasts.

Glad you're liking it!

Btw, there is a very special post-game dungeon that I hope you didn't spoiler yourself on yet. After you beat the game you can get an upgrade for you car to fly, that way you can reach the dungeon. Here's a guide to reach it; don't watch anything on the dungeon itself, I want you to be suprised :D

WARNING: SAVE MANUALLY AS SOON AS YOU BEAT THE DUNGEON AND EXITED BEFORE YOU TRY FLYING BACK OUT OF THE SECRET AREA!!! IF YOU DON'T AND CRASH YOUR CAR TRYING TO FLY OUT OF THERE YOU'LL GET A GAME OVER AND WILL LOSE THE LAST 3-4 HOURS OF PROGRESS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SAVE AUTOMATICALLY IN THE DUNGEON!!!

Ok, gonna make the jump :)

The ring?
Is there a way to activate the ring? :/
Lundfrya gave it to me, but how to use it?

A dungeon near hammerhead? I went to that place and died by the first enemy, lol so I decided to save it for later. Is that the one? Through the gate down the sewer.

Edit, nope it's not. Sorry :p that's for the headlights. Maybe after?

Man, you have been really helpful.
Am really grateful for that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, gonna make the jump :)

What's the best way to farm XP fast? Hunts?
You mean the dungeon near hammerhead to the right? A quest from the sexy blonde? :p

I went to that place and died by the first enemy, lol so I decided to save it for later. Is that the one? Through the gate down the sewer.

Edit, nope it's not. Sorry :p that's for the headlights. Maybe after?

Man, you have been really helpful.
Am really grateful for that.
You couldn't have seen the dungeon yet, it's only reachable post-game. This is how you get the flying car after you beat the game: http://www.gosunoob.com/final-fantasy-xv/get-ffxv-regalia-type-f/

Ohhh, wait a minute! Don't level up yet! Use this easy method by making Expericast spells out of the many Rare Coins you probably gathered already by just exploring and playing and hopefully haven't sold yet :D
If you've already been to Altissia, here are the steps you need to take:

Use all your rare coins and other expericast catalysts to craft the spells [as many as possible per spell]. Use fire energy [1 bit of Fire will suffice].
Equip Moogle Charms if you have them [for a small EXP bonus].
Eat the Maagho Lasagna at the Maagho restauran in Altissia for double XP gain.
Start the King of the Great Escape hunt (at the same spot where you ate).
Go and fight the monster. Fire heals it, so you'll definitely be able to use every spell you've got.
Go to the hotel in Altissia and pay 30,000 gil for triple experience.

Source.

Use all your Debased Banknotes/Coins/Silverpieces too while you're at it. They don't give as much as the Rare Coins, but still.

Other than that, afaik, either the Adamantoise (with the ring's Aterna spell) or the Wyverns (with the ring's Death spell) farming method are the best (always while having the Double EXP bonus from eating the Lasagna in Altissia!). There are dozens of videos and links for those.

You're welcome :)

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
You couldn't have seen the dungeon yet, it's only reachable post-game. This is how you get the flying car after you beat the game: http://www.gosunoob.com/final-fantasy-xv/get-ffxv-regalia-type-f/

Ohhh, wait a minute! Don't level up yet! Use this easy method by making Expericast spells out of the many Rare Coins you probably gathered already by just exploring and playing and hopefully haven't sold yet :D

Use all your Debased Banknotes/Coins/Silverpieces too while you're at it. They don't give as much as the Rare Coins, but still.

Other than that, afaik, either the Adamantoise (with the ring's Aterna spell) or the Wyverns (with the ring's Death spell) farming method are the best (always while having the Double EXP bonus from eating the Lasagna in Altissia!). There are dozens of videos and links for those.

You're welcome :)

Ok, will do that. Thanks a lot man. Really appreciate it:)

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, will do that. Thanks a lot man. Really appreciate it:)
Here's a good summary for the Adamantoise farming:
There is a type of Lasagna at the Altissia Floating Market Station - Maagho (where you have the picture quest and have to talk to the guy there for one of the quests at Altissia) that you have to eat that gives you EXP boost, then you travel to past Lucis via Umbra (unlocked after getting to Altissia). The best way to do this is to go to the Hammerhead Rest Stop and traveling to Altissia via Umbra at the trailer near the Diner so that way, you'll be able to do this easily.

Step 1) After using Umbra, go to the Diner to trigger the Adamantoise hunt (must have triggered Adamantoise already from the quest Let Sleeping Mountains Lie from Cindy, where you flee from it)

Step 2) Run to the Adamantoise via warp or the stamina boost trick (pressing sprint when your stamina bar almost depletes)

Step 3) Warp to any place around the Adamantoise, using the Ring of Lucii's Alterna ability as soon as your MP is max (id suggest stocking up on some Ether just in case)

Step 4) Eventually, the Adamantoise will be sucked into the "void", granting you the achievement Tortoise Toppler, 50,000 Gil (10,000 gil per time afterwards) and 100,000+ xp every time.

Just rinse and repeat until the Lasagna wears off and then afterwards, travel to Altissia and stay at the Altissia Hotel (the 2nd person is the one you want to talk to) for 30,000 Gil which will give you 3x exp.

I started at level 60 and got up to level 100 in not even 8 hours (with breaks and such of course) using this trick

Source.

Here a video for the Wyverns method:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Though I guess the PS VR overlay was a mistake and someone forgot to remove it after they showed Monster of the Deep just before Episode Ignis on the stream.

What if there's an option to watch the cutscenes in Episode Ignis in VR

So you can TRULY experience Ignis losing his sight

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Detective But wait, you've seen the Kingsglaive CGI movie though, right? :D It's not really necessary for the main story, but it shows the events before and during the beginning of the game, mainly the
invasion of Noctis kingdom

MfNAvtV.gif

fL3A6IG.gif

http:///IgRb.jpg

http:///FgRb.jpg

http:///MgRb.jpg

http:///NgRb.jpg

http:///DgRb.jpg

http:///CgRb.jpg

http:///EgRb.jpg

http:///OgRb.jpg

http:///QgRb.jpg

http:///PgRb.jpg

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
See you in 30 years :D

I'm hoping they maybe reach this for next-gen:
tumblr_nnn25y9G7F1u5hsrco2_500.gif

Can't wait to see Tabata's next game :3

Personally, I was REALLY really hoping Tabata's next thing would be Type-1 related because I absolutely adored everything about Type-0 HD. And that teaser with the Utakata song...

2145CAF63AFD17D45D2853915FAB28F1E2668DC3

The more he talks about his next game, the less likely I think it is though. Especially since it's a new IP and not FF. Unless he can somehow get permission to spin off the lore from Type-0.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I was REALLY really hoping Tabata's next thing would be Type-1 related because I absolutely adored everything about Type-0 HD. And that teaser with the Utakata song...

2145CAF63AFD17D45D2853915FAB28F1E2668DC3

The more he talks about his next game, the less likely I think it is though. Especially since it's a new IP and not FF. Unless he can somehow get permission to spin off the lore from Type-0.
Yeah, he has confirmed it wouldn't be his next project since 2015:

And from a few months ago: