• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RichieMythic

Oct 27, 2017
England, UK
100 floors of pure fun. Out of all of those locked dungeons that one and the Daurell one were the worst in my opinion. Steyliff took me 4 hours to do and the Daurell one had a ton of those crab enemies that could one-shot you. :/

I started at 6 and it's now just gone 10, so it's taken me about 4 hours as well. I heard some of them got long but I didn't expect that long, lol. Was it really only 100 floors? At one point I was beginning to question if I'd walked into a procedurally generated infinite dungeon v_v

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I started at 6 and it's now just gone 10, so it's taken me about 4 hours as well. I heard some of them got long but I didn't expect that long, lol. Was it really only 100 floors? At one point I was beginning to question if I'd walked into a procedurally generated infinite dungeon v_v
Lol. Yeah, it's a 100 floors. For every ten floors you get a camp site, allowing you to count how many floors there are. Though after a while I lost count of them due to how long this place took to complete.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thought the new bosses in chapter 14 were great (except Omega, wasn't strong enough to take it out). I'm a sucker for the fancy cinematic stuff they do during fights and they had a LOT of them.

The Kings of Yore alone were probably worth it alone, just wish I wasn't so overleveled for them

In regards to the final boss fight,
Ardyn now has all his moves from Episode Ignis Verse Two

Whoops, shouldn't have nuked him with Flare.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm definitely happy with my decision to wait. The chapter 14 looks great, but there doesn't seem to be much changed in the rest of the game so I'll wait a few months till we've had more updates :)

Have fun though!

Honestly i was thinking the same thing but I replay mainline FF's a bunch of times anyways, plus I haven't played through it since launch. ill probably play through it once now and then give it a rest until next year when all the updates are done.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In regards to the new additions in Ch. 14...

So there's only one Luna scene? I'm guessing that datamined stuff posted about her earlier was a bunch of bullshit?? This game continues to disappoint in regards to Luna's character and its female characters in general. I'm tired.

giphy.gif

It's funny that now that theofficefan99 is starting to like this game, I'm becoming increasingly indifferent. I'm ready for XVI tbh.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

So there's only one Luna scene? I'm guessing that datamined stuff posted about her earlier was a bunch of bullshit?? This game continues to disappoint in regards to Luna's character and its female characters in general. I'm tired.

giphy.gif

It's funny that now that theofficefan99 is starting to like this game, I'm becoming increasingly indifferent. I'm ready for XVI tbh.
That datamined stuff was maybe in preparation for the upcoming Luna DLC or something.

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That datamined stuff was maybe in preparation for the upcoming Luna DLC or something.
At this point, I don't really care anymore unfortunately. While playing Episode Ignis, all I could think about was how this should've been in the game and I'm feeling the same way about some of RE content. It stops me from fully enjoying the content even if it is well done.

I'll probably be in the Luna dlc OT day one if i don't claim it myself. Dammit Tabata.

Jan 11, 2018
On the other hand. all of the updates in The Zodiac Age would have made a huge difference to my initial reaction to Final Fantasy XII had they been present in the original PS2 release. They managed to push that game from being mid-tier to top-tier FF for me. I guess it helped that I hadn't played the game in almost a decade, but still...

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at Omega.

What kind of sadistic monster designed this? Fucker tanks damage like it's nothing...

EDIT: Whoa now it teleports too?!

EDIT 2: Been fighting it for an hour. Just got to halfway its health. SOB just keeps bringing new weapons!!

EDIT 3: Aaand beaten! Got the Omega Badge. Battle lasted around one hour, 45 minutes...

Last edited:

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at Omega.

What kind of sadistic monster designed this? Fucker tanks damage like it's nothing...

EDIT: Whoa now it teleports too?!

EDIT 2: Been fighting it for an hour. Just got to halfway its health. SOB just keeps bringing new weapons!!

EDIT 3: Aaand beaten! Got the Omega Badge. Battle lasted around one hour, 45 minutes...
1 hour and 45 minutes... It's the Adamantoise fight all over again.

Congrats on finally beating it though.

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! Want to read something tragic? When I first found it, I fought it for around 30 minutes and got 1/4 of its health out.

Then it pushed me out of the fight area...

You know what that means, right...?
:thinking: Uh...a glitch of some sort? The same issues as the Adamantoise fight? 0.o

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I replay this game I'm looking forward to making the TypeD my canon ride. It came out once I'd finished the story and at that point I didn't find it that useful.

Also when the regalia crashes (can't remember which chapter), is it whatever model of regalia you have or is it always the original.

Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Right, but you didn't make it clear that there were better alternatives in general^^ They could also save up EXP now until they're at Altissia (while wearing the Nixperience Band so that the EXP won't be tallied at the end of a chapter).
Where is that band even at? I don't ever camp out because I do not want to lose my experience. My cooking skills is suffering big time.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I didn't download any of the dlc because none of it looked appealing (the free dlc. Day one edition for Xbox). I will have to download it for that band then. I wanna cook again!
Do you have the Royal Edition? The Windows Edition apparently has the band in the inventory according to Ishiro a post above.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really jealous of the folks playing through it for the first time with the Royal stuff added.

The gauntlet of Ifrit, the Kings of Yore, and Ardyn is so great. Just fantastic boss fight after fantastic boss fight as far as storytelling is concerned

The way each of those fights end, goddamn I wish I could play it again for the first time

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't the royal edition just add a few non story related campaigns and one new area and some guests for the main story?
Noooo
Royal Edition adds one massive area, essentially a whole new chapter. Several boss fights, a new vehicle and some other bits and pieces.
It also includes the previously released Season Pass which includes three story campaigns (1-3 hours each) and a multiplayer mode.

There are also a ton of other things that have been added over the last year, but they're included with every version of the game.

RichieMythic

Oct 27, 2017
England, UK
I'm debating whether to do the Costlemark sealed dungeon or restart the story in new game +. I've done everything else (all hunts, side-quests, etc.) so I feel like I should for the sake of completion but the rewards are so paltry I can't get motivated. I wish it had a trophy or something associated with it.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating whether to do the Costlemark sealed dungeon or restart the story in new game +. I've done everything else (all hunts, side-quests, etc.) so I feel like I should for the sake of completion but the rewards are so paltry I can't get motivated. I wish it had a trophy or something associated with it.
Just do it. If its playing on your mind now, it'll definitely be playing on your mind when its too late.

Use the guide on gamefaqs to make it easy (remember not to talk to anyone whilst you're in there by accident, terrible place) and then just go for it. Its not as hard as you think it'll be and there are save points :)

Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Noooo
Royal Edition adds one massive area, essentially a whole new chapter. Several boss fights, a new vehicle and some other bits and pieces.
It also includes the previously released Season Pass which includes three story campaigns (1-3 hours each) and a multiplayer mode.

There are also a ton of other things that have been added over the last year, but they're included with every version of the game.
Hmmm. I will have to read up on it some more. Not really interested in the multiplayer at all. Or really the side campaign stuff.

Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
"Players who already own the Final Fantasy XV base game can simply buy the Royal Pack DLC to enjoy some of the additions featured in the Royal Edition. "

Oh so you don't even get everything with the royal pack upgrade.

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, when I started the game I had infinite stamina, I thought it was something they patched in, I changed suit to wear the Half-Life one, as soon as I did it it showed the stamina bar and now when running Noctis get tired as usual. Was it a bug?

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. I will have to read up on it some more. Not really interested in the multiplayer at all. Or really the side campaign stuff.
Do you have the base game? You can buy the Royal Pack with is £12 and that includes all the updates for the year and the new royal edition content, but excludes the season pass.

Or you could just wait it out till next year. I'm pretty sure they're going to do a final complete edition and I reckon they'll do another pack like this.

Recent comments suggest that a) they're doing 4 DLCs now instead of 3 (confirmed) and this 4th one could be another Royal Pack style expansion (speculation) and b) that they'd previously had to choose between expanding Insomnia or Niflhiem. I read a translation which implied that they were now in a position to look at Niflheim now (massively unconfirmed, translation wasn't clear).

So, when I started the game I had infinite stamina, I thought it was something they patched in, I changed suit to wear the Half-Life one, as soon as I did it it showed the stamina bar and now when running Noctis get tired as usual. Was it a bug?
One of Noctis' outifts gives you unlimited stamina. I forget which one. That'll be what happened.

RichieMythic

Oct 27, 2017
England, UK
Just do it. If its playing on your mind now, it'll definitely be playing on your mind when its too late.

Use the guide on gamefaqs to make it easy (remember not to talk to anyone whilst you're in there by accident, terrible place) and then just go for it. Its not as hard as you think it'll be and there are save points :)

Yeah you're right. I'll farm up a bunch of Zu Beaks for some ez-mode elemancy and blitz it tonight.

You were wearing the jacketless version of the Royal Raiment, which gives infinite stamina.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
So besides the Cerberus and 3 Kings (outside of the side quests), there is no further changes to the final battle besides some of the Episode Ignis moves? I LOVED the additions of course but I am currently playing through the game from the start on PC and I want to wait to fight Ardyn again.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
So besides the Cerberus and 3 Kings (outside of the side quests), there is no further changes to the final battle besides some of the Episode Ignis moves? I LOVED the additions of course but I am currently playing through the game from the start on PC and I want to wait to fight Ardyn again.
Maybe spoiler that.
I'm not even sure there really have been moves from Episode Ignis added. I watched the battle in RE twice now and didn't notice anything new. Do you have a video confirming this? Maybe someone imagined things.

Oct 31, 2017
Played on a new file today; first time since launch. Seems like performance has improved (quite a bit tbh). Spent nearly two hours just running around, finding treasure, fighting monsters, doing hunts, and a couple of the first quests. The gameplay is definitely engrossing.

I also fucking loveeeee the dossier and bestiary I feel like they'll add so much to the game.

Also the opening CG cutscene is more beautiful than I remember. *sigh* it's a shame there's practically nothing else

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe spoiler that.
I'm not even sure there really have been moves from Episode Ignis added. I watched the battle in RE twice now and didn't notice anything new. Do you have a video confirming this? Maybe someone imagined things.
He now also shoots a beam from his hand as soon as the fight starts, has some aerial attacks with Blade of the Mystic and does the round house kicks from Ep Ignis, also some extra idle animations when you're not attacking him were added too, that's all I've noticed at least.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
He now also shoots a beam from his hand as soon as the fight starts, has some aerial attacks with Blade of the Mystic and does the round house kicks from Ep Ignis, also some extra idle animations when you're not attacking him were added too, that's all I've noticed at least.
Hm, I see.

Feb 5, 2018

giphy.gif

It's not bullshit. I legitimately found those files.

It looked like to me that there is supposed to be a post game quest where you look at the wedding dress again and you find a Sylleblossom not there prior.

Then, you use that Sylleblossom as an equippable item to "Summon" Luna who is a long range mage user that can summon Bahamut (I'm not kidding). I assume it's post game because canonically it makes no sense for you to summon a spirit of her anywhere else.

^all of that is in there (currently unused dialogue points to all of this), along with voice actions and battle voice prompts. She is meant to be a party member/playable character.

To me its a matter of when, not if. Likely they are saving this concept for a Luna DLC, and this is the post game reward after completing her questline or something.

If you want proof, you can check the datamine thread on Mognet. None of it is bullshit

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not bullshit. I legitimately found those files.

It looked like to me that there is supposed to be a post game quest where you look at the wedding dress again and you find a Sylleblossom not there prior.

Then, you use that Sylleblossom as an equippable item to "Summon" Luna who is a long range mage user that can summon Bahamut (I'm not kidding). I assume it's post game because canonically it makes no sense for you to summon a spirit of her anywhere else.

^all of that is in there (currently unused dialogue points to all of this), along with voice actions and battle voice prompts. She is meant to be a party member/playable character.

To me its a matter of when, not if. Likely they are saving this concept for a Luna DLC, and this is the post game reward after completing her questline or something.

If you want proof, you can check the datamine thread on Mognet. None of it is bullshit

I've seen the thread so I know it isn't bullshit. I was moreso referring to the fact that it wasn't part of the RE (that was honestly going to be the only reason I bought it) but I was annoyed and worded wrong so I apologize for that. Like I said before if it turns out to be true then great. I've just been disappointed too many times to really get excited anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Chapter 14 and the data mining.

Did the repaired Regalia make an appearance? I finished the upgraded chapter and there was no mention of the Regalia

Feb 5, 2018
I've seen the thread so I know it isn't bullshit. I was moreso referring to the fact that it wasn't part of the RE (that was honestly going to be the only reason I bought it) but I was annoyed and worded wrong so I apologize for that. Like I said before if it turns out to be true then great. I've just been disappointed too many times to really get excited anymore.

It's np! Yeah we all thought so too unfortunately. At this point im more hoping it will be a big free update over her own episode ( Tabata has been awfully coy about if she is one of the next DLC, but has said that the next story/content update will make people smile, and I don't see how Ep. Ardyn can remotely do that). Maybe something bigger than Ch 13 v2's free update that gives you what I said in my previous post as a post game reward?

Would be cool.

Regarding Chapter 14 and the data mining.

Did the repaired Regalia make an appearance? I finished the upgraded chapter and there was no mention of the Regalia

You have to do all of the regalia quests and unlock the Type D quest (it's new), then you can

Unlock that in Insomnia