• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, they actually added light magic to Comrades. Have an item that lets me use Diara. It's like a dashing attack that ends with a little explosion. Really useful for daemons, especially with doublecast.

Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I am level 49 on chapter 3. Is there anything I should be doing to get stronger? Levels are like almost 20k a piece now. I stumbled upon a dungeon I guess with a King's Weapon. Only thing I can really think of is to get some more teamwork ascension's and the 3 accessory slots for everyone.

Seems like endless sidequests tho many are really tedious do the same thing just somewhere else ones.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am level 49 on chapter 3. Is there anything I should be doing to get stronger? Levels are like almost 20k a piece now. I stumbled upon a dungeon I guess with a King's Weapon. Only thing I can really think of is to get some more teamwork ascension's and the 3 accessory slots for everyone.

Seems like endless sidequests tho many are really tedious do the same thing just somewhere else ones.

Make sure to cash in EXP at the Inn in Galdin Quay. It's pricey but has the best multiplier for EXP. Also crafting magic with money-related materials like Rare Coins gives you Expericast Magic which helps rack up experience while casting that magic. There's some guides on YouTube on getting hundreds of thousands of early on.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

You're already over the recommended level of the last chapter, lol.

Make sure to cash in EXP at the Inn in Galdin Quay. It's pricey but has the best multiplier for EXP. Also crafting magic with money-related materials like Rare Coins gives you Expericast Magic which helps rack up experience while casting that magic. There's some guides on YouTube on getting hundreds of thousands of early on.
Uh, the Altissia hotel has the best multiplier (3X), not Galdin Quay^^

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I just been doing the sidequests. = /

I figured I would just keep doing them until I got the sidequests achievement then move on. Hmmm.
Yeah, it's easy to be overleveled if you sidequest early on. I was level 70 or so before chapter 9 or so, but I had done pretty much every quest and hunt at that point. Btw, the Altissia hotel has the best multiplier, not Galdin Quay as someone said above.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No one found the Cor scenes from the trailer...

No Omega yet too... Is it Dawn trailer all over again? Please Tabata.
What scenes from the trailer? The Royal edition one? Those Cor scenes happen when he joins the party in the second phase of the Cerberus fight. The Omega shows up when you are running around too, I encountered both of those.

Deleted member 8117

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What scenes from the trailer? The Royal edition one? Those Cor scenes happen when he joins the party in the second phase of the Cerberus fight. The Omega shows up when you are running around too, I encountered both of those.

Thanks for the confirmation. Did you encounter the new Regalia / found Armiger Unleashed accessory?

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Cor scenes happen? Everyone was saying how he didn't show up in the Cerberus fight.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the confirmation. Did you encounter the new Regalia / found Armiger Unleashed accessory?
Nah not yet, don't know where to get those tbh. I already have all 13 royal arms but I don't know where to get the item to activate Armiger Unleashed, and I spent a few hours in Insomnia doing all the sidequests just running around fighting enemies, encountered Omega too who just showed up out of the blue, and don't know how to get the new Regalia, maybe the new Regalia is a post game thing?

So Cor scenes happen? Everyone was saying how he didn't show up in the Cerberus fight.
Yes it happens, exactly as it was in the trailer. I did all the sidequests before I fought Cerberus so maybe that's why?

Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks. I don't know where altissia is yet, but I will figure it out. I really want to kill these three necromancers because they keep crushing me before I move on with the main quest though. Them and the ?Coueirls are hard. I eventually defeated the latter but the former crushed me last time I tried.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is still the thing about
Luna commands
the guy found in the datamine, and the new Regalia too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I don't know where altissia is yet, but I will figure it out. I really want to kill these three necromancers because they keep crushing me before I move on with the main quest though. Them and the ?Coueirls are hard. I eventually defeated the latter but the former crushed me last time I tried.
Lol yeah, the Couerls are known to be a pain in the ass and recently the devs even commented on how they decreased the numbers of them spawning in the world.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah not yet, don't know where to get those tbh. I already have all 13 royal arms but I don't know where to get the item to activate Armiger Unleashed, and I spent a few hours in Insomnia doing all the sidequests just running around fighting enemies, encountered Omega too who just showed up out of the blue, and don't know how to get the new Regalia, maybe the new Regalia is a post game thing?

Yes it happens, exactly as it was in the trailer. I did all the sidequests before I fought Cerberus so maybe that's why?
Yeah, it was the streamer fault then, what happened with Cor in the end?

Deleted member 8117

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah not yet, don't know where to get those tbh. I already have all 13 royal arms but I don't know where to get the item to activate Armiger Unleashed, and I spent a few hours in Insomnia doing all the sidequests and don't know how to get the new Regalia, maybe the new Regalia is a post game thing?

A few ideas, probably all of them won't work but hey:

- Maybe you have to "return to the present" in chapter 15 for the quest to appear?

- Maybe you have to find Talcot in Hammerhead and talk to him before heading to Insomnia?

- Maybe you have to defeat Omega?

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe you have to defeat Omega?
Probably this, but it's level 119 and my regular attacks were doing 0 (Zero) damage on it, using Armiger on it barely did 100 damage, and it kills the entire party pretty fast, and I was at level 99 so every time I saw it I just ran past it instead of trying to kill it since it would have killed me because my damage wasn't dealing high enough.

Yeah, it was the streamer fault then, what happened with Cor in the end?
He joins the fight during the second phase and you fight the Cerberus, and then at the end after beating it the Cerberus shoots a fireball at Noctis before it dies, and Cor jumps infront of it to protect him, he's injured and then the scene from the trailer plays, and he will then leave the party and walk off holding his injury. After this is when that Luna summon scene plays.

Deleted member 8117

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably this, but it's level 119 and my regular attacks were doing 0 (Zero) damage on it, using Armiger on it barely did 100 damage, and it kills the entire party pretty fast, and I was at level 99 so every time I saw it I just ran past it instead of trying to kill it since it would have killed me because my damage wasn't dealing high enough.

I saw a video of it and it seemed like he has a sensor-like thing on its head, hitting that deals damage, hitting anything else deals 0.

Feb 5, 2018

He joins the fight during the second phase and you fight the Cerberus, and then at the end after beating it the Cerberus shoots a fireball at Noctis before it dies, and Cor jumps infront of it to protect him, he's injured and then the scene from the trailer plays, and he will then leave the party and walk off holding his injury. After this is when that Luna summon scene plays.

Also,
Check and see if you can talk to Cor after this (before you fight Ifrit) back at the base. I found some really heartfelt dialogue between him and Noct that may only be unlocked once you do this part in the files

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mat Kishimoto being an AI buddy in Comrades that uses the cheer sigil (where they just dance and buff you) is amazing.

Ketaya

Oct 25, 2017
Berlin

And of cause the giveaway is NA exclusive... and again that is only mentioned in the T&C, not in the announcement itself...
Everytime people complain about this, but SE refuses to learn... I mean ffs this is a global twitter account.
This annoys me with their announcements for livestream times etc. as well, always only infos for NA despite posting on an global account, a AAA publisher like SE should know better.
Also it looks really unprofessional how the T&Cs are just an embedded PDF.

/mini rant over

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also,
Check and see if you can talk to Cor after this (before you fight Ifrit) back at the base. I found some really heartfelt dialogue between him and Noct that may only be unlocked once you do this part in the files
After I did the Cor quest and talked to Josef, then I went and talked to Cor and he had 3 different dialog options which is what I think you're talking about here. This was before I fought Cerberus.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
And of cause the giveaway is NA exclusive... and again that is only mentioned in the T&C, not in the announcement itself...
Everytime people complain about this, but SE refuses to learn... I mean ffs this is a global twitter account.
This annoys me with their announcements for livestream times etc. as well, always only infos for NA despite posting on an global account, a AAA publisher like SE should know better.
Also it looks really unprofessional how the T&Cs are just an embedded PDF.

/mini rant over
Yeah I'm disappointed. I'm from US but not living in the US currently. Too bad it's not a global contest.

Feb 5, 2018
After I did the Cor quest and talked to Josef, then I went and talked to Cor and he had 3 different dialog options which is what I think you're talking about here. This was before I fought Cerberus.

This is great to know! Thanks!

Honestly all that is left from the stuff I datamined are:

The Regalia and the Luna stuff

Dunno how or if we are supposed to trigger those. The Cor stuff was conditional/optional, maybe these are too?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the medley from Comrades that mashes up all of the characters' themes.

Yoko Shimomura, Keiichi Okabe, Naoshi Mizuta, Yasunori Mituda, and Nobuo Uematsu all represented here. It's so good

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
It's available everywhere except US/western territories I think already

The royal pack is out in some eu countries including Sweden. But otherwise they have yet to release in other regions as far as I know.

Yeah I checked all my Asia accounts, JP, SG, and HK, no dice.

I mean, it'll probably be some days before I can actually play, but I wanna know the price. Some say the price will be ¥2000, but I've got ¥1989 in my PSN wallet so I'm hoping for a lucky break lol.

synic

Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Is there a good beginner's guide for this game in terms of leveling/using AP points, and creating spells? I'm feeling overwhelmed a bit by all my options.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good beginner's guide for this game in terms of leveling/using AP points, and creating spells? I'm feeling overwhelmed a bit by all my options.
Unlock the character-switching nodes, then nodes that make you gain AP by just walking, driving, and riding Chocobos, then nodes that make the other characters use potions and stuff in their own more, then some Techniques like Ignis' Overwhelm and Regroup, and also all the lower-cost stuff for Noctis that unlocks new moves in combat. I don't remember everything, but don't worry too much about it and just go with the flow.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Right, but you didn't make it clear that there were better alternatives in general^^ They could also save up EXP now until they're at Altissia (while wearing the Nixperience Band so that the EXP won't be tallied at the end of a chapter).
Ah okay. Never knew there was gear to hold your EXP

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The new medley in Comrades was arranged by Tadayoshi Makino (Dragon's Dogma and current Monster Hunter composer). The number of insanely talented composers that have done work for this game continues to grow.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the Steyliff Dungeon locked door.

I need to go lay down. That took so. long.
100 floors of pure fun. Out of all of those locked dungeons that one and the Daurell one were the worst in my opinion. Steyliff took me 4 hours to do and the Daurell one had a ton of those crab enemies that could one-shot you. :/