• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Not a spoiler, at least I don't think so, but just in case lol

THEY ADDED NEW MEANINGFUL ACCESSORIES THAT BUFF EIKON ABILITIES Y'ALL, HALLELUJAH

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
lol pretty cheeky of them to throw in an orchestration roll of Through the Maelstrom from XIV. Torn from the Heavens still a classic.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, just fought a boss that actually almost took me down several times. First bit of challenge I've felt on FF mode in this game (and I thought Omega was easy)

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
This new region is gorgeous. I can't tell if it's cause of the updates or the fact that the flubbing sky isn't grey anymore, but this game is freakin beautiful. Also, at least on FF mode at level 96, these enemies hit a lot harder than I was anticipating! I got hit by one poison cloud thing and it did a shocking amount of damage over time! Excited for the bosses in this!

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
I must know.

What is the Tonberry Experience like for those who have encountered some?
Fought some of the normal ones so far, and they're pretty easy. I'm playing super aggressively with Phoenix and Shiva, so maybe with a more passive play style they'd be a bit tougher since I imagine they can overwhelm if you don't dispose of them quickly? But I'm sure they're saving the tough battle for the big boy tonberry from the trailers.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
This new region is gorgeous. I can't tell if it's cause of the updates or the fact that the flubbing sky isn't grey anymore, but this game is freakin beautiful. Also, at least on FF mode at level 96, these enemies hit a lot harder than I was anticipating! I got hit by one poison cloud thing and it did a shocking amount of damage over time! Excited for the bosses in this!

The game is beautiful, just the horrible sky after the big event makes the game look very bland.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
The game is beautiful, just the horrible sky after the big event makes the game look very bland.
I remember thinking it was pretty. Hell, even when I returned for Echoes of the Fallen, I thought it was a great looking game. But seeing it now? In this region? With this environment? Man, this game can look really great when it wants to. I can't imagine how nice this'll look on a high end PC or on the Pro, cause this running in 4K on fidelity mode is *chefs kiss*

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Mysidia is gorgeous. I got hit with an immediate wave of XIV with the region and its BGM.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Let's raid the FFVII thread so we can establish XVI as the true dominant entry of the FF series.

DarthKamen

Jun 22, 2023
Fought some of the normal ones so far, and they're pretty easy. I'm playing super aggressively with Phoenix and Shiva, so maybe with a more passive play style they'd be a bit tougher since I imagine they can overwhelm if you don't dispose of them quickly? But I'm sure they're saving the tough battle for the big boy tonberry from the trailers.
Darn, I was hoping for a continent full of cute little one-shotters.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
Me immediately after unlocking the Leviathan ability:
simpsons-the-simpsons.gif

If every Eikon ability was designed like this from the start...

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Looking forward to seeing thoughts on this DLC from people that hated XVI.

Every once and a while you get a DLC that fixes most of the base game's issues and turns opinion around. I'm not expecting that here, but would be nice if it was at least like a Torna > XB2 kind of thing.

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017
Ironically the ultima weapon is no longer the most powerful weapon in the game even BEFORE this new DLC came out, so there's almost no reason to push for it aside from bragging rights.

The Omega DLC pretty much immediately gives you a better weapon than the NG+ exclusive superweapon, lol.

That is slightly incorrect. I think it is only true for the normal first play through difficulty where the old DLC weapon was better then the crafted super weapon. in NG+ FF mode you got a weapon with the same stats as the crafted super weapon after beating the DLC content (at the beginning you got a weaker one there). So ultima was still the most powerful weapon (but shared that spot with another weapon). don't know how it is with this new DLC though

Kazhar

Feb 20, 2024

Every once and a while you get a DLC that fixes most of the base game's issues and turns opinion around. I'm not expecting that here, but would be nice if it was at least like a Torna > XB2 kind of thing.

That's assuming people who disliked FFXVI will buy the DLC. I know I won't.

But the game might have a different reception when the PC release comes bundled with the two DLCs and the patch changes.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Ramuh with the Reflecton of Lightning Acc(slows time further & increases target lock speed) is sick. You can lock 9 attacks in like 2 secs

DarthKamen

Jun 22, 2023
More than anything, I am glad that the DLC have added some actual meaningful accessories.

I hope a PC mod can find a way to spread them throughout the game instead of essentially making them NG+ items.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't left the town. These really useful accessories for the Eikonic feats should have been permanent unlock key items so they don't take up slots.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Darn, I was hoping for a continent full of cute little one-shotters.
I think you'll find some other enemies give you some trouble, no worries lol

If anything, maybe in that new challenge ring they added, you'll be able to experience a ring of tough tonberry? Would be cool if they have a wave of like 10 of em with boosted stats, cause I imagine a group of sturdy bastards could be a bit tougher given they get more of an opportunity to gang up on you.
Ramuh with the Reflecton of Lightning Acc(slows time further & increases target lock speed) is sick. You can lock 9 attacks in like 2 secs
Aw shit, I need to get this ASAP. Ramugh has like my 2nd favorite Eikonic ability(used it pre-buff and didn't give a damn), paired it with Shiva's frost ability and it let me charge shots for free. Being able to charge it quicker? Hell yeah.

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/workingtitlefilms-simon-pegg-shaun-of-the-dead-nick-frost-lnsorkONklRVGBECqZ

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Still haven't left the town. These really useful accessories for the Eikonic feats should have been permanent unlock key items so they don't take up slots.
These should've been abilities on the Eikon skill trees. It would have been a great addition AND a reason to have used all these saved up skill points. Super odd decision to have made them accessories, but I'll take anything. I only found Titan's and Phoenix's respective accessories, and they're great. Love to see these kinds of augments/improvements.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone playing on Final Fantasy mode and also up to Leviathan how the fuck do you destroy the shield in time? I've lost like 20+ times now, no exaggeration. I've given it everything I've got, including being lucky enough one time to have recharged enough for three spitflares, and I can't deplete it in time. It's driving me fucking insane.

Edit: Thank god the classic "complain on forums and magically succeed the next turn" trick worked. Fuck that segment, absolute bullshit.

Last edited:

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
The game looks so damn pretty without the bleak skies. It's kind of messed up they even called out how awful it would be to look up at the stormy skies all the time.

I'm so bad at the combat now and 110 hours of Rebirth has really messed with my muscle memory! Got decked by the first flan I ran into. Slowly getting back into the swing of it now.

I'm still shocked Leviathan didn't turn out to be the medicine girl NGL.

Man I forgot how jumpy framerate mode feels running around. It's a shame they didn't address this ahead of the DLC. I'd even accept a super blurry mode like what you get in combat if it let you get a consistent 60 FPS.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Why does shula have the same shit hair syndrome as jill? It's like for the guys they all get these meticulously crafted dos and for the women it's just like...eh slap a texture on it it'll be fine. Same sort of deal for a lot of the faces.

Anyway played some, seems like they tightened up some of the cutscene verbosity so far. Environments are more interesting than like 90% of the base game too. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow. If it can spend more time being the better parts of XVI and not the bad parts I'll be happy enough. Looking forward to the new eikon stuff.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Yea the new area and dungeon are fucking gorgeous. props to the environment artists

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The frozen droplets of water is so cool

Screenshots won't do it justice with how they sparkle in the light.

edit: Abyssal Tear is gonna be nutty on Bahamut

Last edited:

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
I maintain my perspective that SE has a gem on its hands with this engine - please use the money CBU3 might otherwise have to spend on Unreal licensing to refine and evolve it for future games!

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Ironically the ultima weapon is no longer the most powerful weapon in the game even BEFORE this new DLC came out, so there's almost no reason to push for it aside from bragging rights.

The Omega DLC pretty much immediately gives you a better weapon than the NG+ exclusive superweapon, lol.
This is incorrect. FF mode grants you a better version of the Ultima Weapon. FF mode Ultima Weapon and FF mode Omega Weapon have exactly the same stats too.

I obviously don't know if this changes with this DLC yet.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

I doubt "16 haters" will be spending more money on a game they didn't enjoy.
Either way, a few hours into the DLC, I'm not really experiencing anything that is drastically different from the main game. It's kinda just more 16. The balance feels maybe slightly better, although the entire game had balance changes so idk how much of that applies to just the dlc.

like, even the side quests are basically the same as they were in the main game with their structure.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Im replaying through Final Fantasy mode, never played either DLC, is it worth just skipping the first? Or is there good content in that, Just being cheap at the moment. If there's not much in that, i'd rather just jump straight to rising tide.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Levi is fun as fuck to use. I combined it with Ramuh and Bahamut and its just ridiculous range damage all the time. They finally made a full caster setup fun IMO.

Im replaying through Final Fantasy mode, never played either DLC, is it worth just skipping the first? Or is there good content in that, Just being cheap at the moment. If there's not much in that, i'd rather just jump straight to rising tide.
It has some really nice fights especially the last boss with some amazing music too. Its worth the price of the expansion pass but maybe not the individual price.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
The new location is just pure magic...

After the depressing skies of the main world this thing is literally an oasis.
The graphics are incredible. And that 30 fps with camera motion blur feels buttery smooth compared to Rebirth which doesnt have the option.
The gameplay is also much much satisfying and I needed that after 200hours of Rebirth.

All in all I am extremely excited with this expansion and I cant wait to play more of it!

Steamy Manatee

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 18, 2022
was going to play tonight, looks like because I don't have PSN+ I can't download my old save. Not gonna replay through it all just for the DLC
A shame

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So...

I beat Leviathan, and now I unlocked Ultima's power... So does the ending change at all when I do it? Or does the game just not acknowledge any of this?