• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
tsRjaq5.png

Last edited:

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Nice date as April is pretty light for me right now. Hopefully it's a meaty DLC.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not a great release date for me because I'll probably still be working on other games at the time and won't have space on my PS5 to reinstall XVI, but I'll find the time eventually.

Does Dion get to do anything in it? I missed the livestream.

Trigger

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So many great releases happening this year. I was waiting for both DLCs before jumping back into XVI.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
That is the perfect date for this!

Eiyuden is kinda too close but we'll manage somehow.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Didn't think expansions would be big ticket items for me this year, but between The Rising Tide for FFXVI and Shadow of the Erdtree for ER, I'm sunk.

Zoator

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I'll probably wait until PS5 Pro/PC version to do a replay of XVI and I'll tackle the DLC as part of that.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Not a great release date for me because I'll probably still be working on other games at the time and won't have space on my PS5 to reinstall XVI, but I'll find the time eventually.

Jill's country so stuff with her and a new party member a tall lady with a halberd lookin thing.

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017

They didn't mention dion at all so I would doubt it. (at least they mention that Jill will have a bigger focus in the DLC story)

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Thought it could have been dropped today but very glad it wasn't.

I do not have the time right now at all. DLC looks great though.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Cool, but the lack of news about improving performance mode kinda tells me it's not happening, which is a shame. And no PC version news either. I will still buy and play it but I think I'm not replaying 16 until I can play it at a good framerate.

Brando

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
No, he doesn't appear to be in it. There's a new character that you work with they introduced.

This dlc looks super good. Brand new zone, Eikon, and they're adding in a Bloody Palace mode with a secret boss fight for S ranking all the challenges on Final Fantasy mode. Can't wait.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nice way sooner than I expected.
Shame no PC news though, seems to be on course for this year at least, looking forward to that too!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Jill's country so stuff with her and a new party member a tall lady with a halberd lookin thing.

Sigh. I couldn't care less about Jill or anything to do with her but maybe the new character won't be a total waste of space.

Dion deserved so much better. Fuck them for not letting him take part in combat once in the whole game.

Feb 5, 2018
No, he doesn't appear to be in it. There's a new character that you work with they introduced.

This dlc looks super good. Brand new zone, Eikon, and they're adding in a Bloody Palace mode with a secret boss fight for S ranking all the challenges on Final Fantasy mode. Can't wait.
Also trailer ending seems to "allude" to something changing with the ending contrary to his words on it!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Nice! Still haven't gotten the first DLC yet so some time to finish that

Jan 11, 2018

Sadly not. I feel like they're just gonna forget about him. Everything about Clive, and then Jill and Joshua by extension since they're the only people who matter to him. They're not gonna bother with a conclusion for anyone else. And that sucks. But it is what it is.

I'm gonna be so upset if we get a new ending, and it doesn't even bother to mention his fate. Dude deserves a happy ever after.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
You might want to add in free update coming plus new endgame customizable survival mode with a super boss for the truly skilled.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Boom, there it is! Can't wait, and it's coming out in a good time too. I MIGHT be able to step away from Dragon's Dogma II by then lol

CloudTi

Jul 8, 2021
I'm so here for this watery goodness! Combat really is great in this game! I will say though the Dion erasure is criminal...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly not. I feel like they're just gonna forget about him. Everything about Clive, and then Jill and Joshua by extension since they're the only people who matter to him. They're not gonna bother with a conclusion for anyone else. And that sucks. But it is what it is.

Sigh. Really kinda kills my hype knowing that they'll apparently break their own story's back to force in a happy ending for two characters I don't care about while one of the other characters who deserves a real resolution is going to be left in the dust.

bezuzu

May 3, 2023
I guess the update to the base game is same day? I'll wait until then if that's the case as I still need to finish it.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
The non-show of a PC release date honestly didn't come as a surprise to me after the interview he did a few weeks ago. It sounded like it was still some ways off with the comment:

"Again, we can't really talk about too much in terms of details of when it's going to come out – I think in a little bit more time we'll be in a better place to announce things. But one thing's for sure: It won't be too distant in the future; it won't be a year, it won't be two years, it will probably be shorter than that, so stay tuned."

To me didn't sound like it was ready to be announced at the PAX panel in a few weeks time at that point.

Oct 26, 2023
Nearing the end of the game, after you finish the story do you get back to the point before starting the last mission or does the game jus end?

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Sigh. Really kinda kills my hype knowing that they'll apparently break their own story's back to force in a happy ending for two characters I don't care about while one of the other characters who deserves a real resolution is going to be left in the dust.

this is all conjecture, we don't know yet.