DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
I loved 16 and honestly I enjoyed 15 much more than I really should have. Both games are better than the sum of their parts. The new 16 dlc was a fun way to spend an evening and I'm looking forward to this.

Saray

Nov 26, 2018
Mmm it looks really good and that last part seems like a possible new ending. I think I'll buy it.

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they would completely change the ending. The main points of the ending are completely clear already. Some of the stuff that is up to interpretation can be expanded a little, but the most I'd expect if they added anything is little additions and not some sort of complete overhaul.

OskarXCI

Banned
Nov 11, 2018
The Skill Set feature is sorely needed. I constantly changed my loadout depending on what I was facing; many minor enemies or a single major enemy.

New Game+ and Ultimaniac will push you to consider what you are using against what enemy.

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
it would be weird to have a section about the new game mode, mention there's a secret boss, and then immediately in the next panel show that clive image and be coy about what it means if it's just gonna be the secret boss they didn't show lol

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely cannot wait. New modes, new bosses, areas. Damn. I'm so incredibly excited.

Didn't think expansions would be big ticket items for me this year, but between The Rising Tide for FFXVI and Shadow of the Erdtree for ER, I'm sunk.

Same. I'm waiting for Alan Wake 2 DLC as well. Gonna be great to go back to these games.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
The second half of April is packed for me.

Sandland
Eiyuden Chronicle
Baldur's Gate 3
FFXVI DLC

Going to be busy.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
To me that looks like the same place you fight Ultima but lets see lol
You should probably rewatch the fight then, cause the skyboxes in the Ultima fight are basically featureless voids whereas there's a lot going on behind winged Clive and it's also clearly underwater.

Hoping for an ending change but I'm fairly skeptical. But also, if it wasn't happening, I feel like Yoshi-P should've said something in this panel cause that's the natural assumption most people are jumping to from a shot like that. I know he apparently said it wasn't happening in a recent interview, but he does straight up lie sometimes, so...

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I know the game isn't everyone's cup of tea but I fucking love it so much. Can't wait to get into this one

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Not really a fan of the possible ending retcon here under a year after the original game released.

Game starts feeling more like fan fiction than a well told story if you change up too much too soon

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Oh no, I probably still won't be done with Rebirth by this time this DLC releases, at the pace I'm going. Was kinda hoping this would be later in the year. Looking forward to it, though! I'll be happy to see Joshua again.

Feb 5, 2018
You should probably rewatch the fight then, cause the skyboxes in the Ultima fight are basically featureless voids whereas there's a lot going on behind winged Clive and it's also clearly underwater.

Hoping for an ending change but I'm fairly skeptical. But also, if it wasn't happening, I feel like Yoshi-P should've said something in this panel cause that's the natural assumption most people are jumping to from a shot like that. I know he apparently said it wasn't happening in a recent interview, but he does straight up lie sometimes, so...
Guess i remembered wrong woops
Not really a fan of the possible ending retcon here under a year after the original game released.

Game starts feeling more like fan fiction than a well told story if you change up too much too soon
The game really does that on its own if you know the ending

Clive evidently dies because he didnt have all of the eikons, it almost makes no sense something doesn't change about the ending because of it.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Guess i remembered wrong woops

The game really does that on its own if you know the ending

Clive evidently dies because he didnt have all of the eikons, it almost makes no sense something doesn't change about the ending because of it.
That's one theory. It was vague and left open to interpretation.

Also, none of this stuff happens in the original game, so it's a retcon interjecting it before the main story ends and changing the ending. And less than a year after the original game is out too.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Playing through Rebirth right now and I forgot how good FFXVI looks

Maybe I'll save this DLC for the summer when I plan on replaying NG+ (for the platinum) and the 1st DLC

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping this comes included in a PC version this summer - very excited to finally play this (have a PS5, but too backlogged to deal with it during the exclusivity window).

Nov 12, 2017
The game looks so good when there is no purple filter after a certain event... Seriously, what were they thinking with that design choice.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dat last shot of the trailer.

I had a theory at the end of XVI that Clive was unable to contain Ultima's power because he didn't have every eikon, as Mythos was designed for. Though it seemed strange that Ultima was ready and willing to take over his vessel given that he should have known this... Anyways, I totally see the potential for an alternate ending here.

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
I just don't see how the ending doesn't change when the reason Clive can't handle the power is he isn't a complete Mythos.

But I again feel like a massive ending change shouldn't be locked behind paid DLC...so I clearly don't know what I want.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
I just don't see how the ending doesn't change when the reason Clive can't handle the power is he isn't a complete Mythos.

But I again feel like a massive ending change shouldn't be locked behind paid DLC...so I clearly don't know what I want.
They didn't confirm that and it's open to interpretations. There's many theories out there on the ending.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Dat last shot of the trailer.

I had a theory at the end of XVI that Clive was unable to contain Ultima's power because he didn't have every eikon, as Mythos was designed for. Though it seemed strange that Ultima was ready and willing to take over his vessel given that he should have known this... Anyways, I totally see the potential for an alternate ending here.
This part of the game never made any sense to me. To the point I questioned if Clive was truly Mythos at all. Mythos was supposed to be the perfect vessel and Clive was very clearly imperfect since he was missing an Eikon.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Omg I can't wait. I loved 16 and felt a lot of feelings at the end so I'm so happy to get more time with these characters. Day 1.

Feb 5, 2018
That's one theory. It was vague and left open to interpretation.

Also, none of this stuff happens in the original game, so it's a retcon interjecting it before the main story ends and changing the ending. And less than a year after the original game is out too.
Many games have multiple endings lol, its not really that shocking and Im not sure why this is being treated any differently.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This part of the game never made any sense to me. To the point I questioned if Clive was truly Mythos at all. Mythos was supposed to be the perfect vessel and Clive was very clearly imperfect since he was missing an Eikon.
I've no doubt that Clive could have absorbed and utilized Levi's power... so it's more so the plan seemed imperfect, since Leviathan was "Lost" and Mythos was incomplete due to this. Clive was Mythos, the perfect vessel, even before he absorbed his first Eikon. Though I'm sure this DLC will answer some questions as to what the lack of Leviathan meant for the overall plan and what Ultima would have had to do to obtain the final piece... most likely. But it still doesn't answer what would have happened if Ultima entered the incomplete Mythos on his own accord, as he tried to do multiple times throughout the game. You would imagine he would have died like Clive seemed to, but who knows lol