crimmy88

Aug 7, 2023
Thing about Bahamut is that it's very "passive", oddly enough. That's why I didn't like it, and I assume a lot of players shared my thoughts. Bit of the same issue with Ramuh, his Lightning Rod is completely broken but I just used it with another Eikon.
Agreed. To fully utilize Bahamut's Wings of Light, you had to taunt. It was clunky to use.

FatCatSings

Jan 31, 2023
I know it tends to seem like it's one side vs. the other… but DAMN does it feel good to be a fan of both Rebirth and XVI. I can't believe Square got both of these games out within a year of eachother. It's gonna be massive whiplash not getting more single player FF for 3+ years.
I love them both too and I think they actually compliment each other very well. I do wonder, however, what the reception for XVI would have been if it released AFTER Rebirth. Making the messaging super clear that it was not open world, just super story focused and action oriented.

I actually think it would have done better, with people getting their minigames and open world fill with Rebirth and then setting them on a more serious, linear adventure with beautiful visual spectacle and smooth action combat. People will always draw comparisons but XVI has stuff that Rebirth doesn't have and vice versa. Together, they make for an incredible 1-2 FF punch in less than a year. And then Dawntrail!

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Very cool but I need to finish the base game first. I'm about 25 hours into it mainly focusing on the critical quests.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
a92f474d-53fa-48c4-b40e-c299e4d4e741_text.gif
clive-clap-clive-rosfield.gif

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Yoshi-P isn't actually known for lying, but he is known for being vague. Nonetheless, this looks like an excellent DLC for an excellent game. And god it's still so fucking gorgeous to look at. I wish Rebirth looked like that more consistently.
Yeah and his comments that the ending doesn't change can still be true even if we get a new ending. Adding something doesn't mean changing something. I didn't mind the current ending and look forward to the DLC.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Jan 11, 2018
Also worth noting that, given the obvious connection, Diabolos is not a Primal/Eikon in FFXIV but a Voidsent. So there's no lore reason stopping him from being a hidden boss fight in FFXVI.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I don't know what the odds are of a FF mode only, all S rank bloody palace boss being wholly unique are.
Probably more likely that it's a remixed fight like FFXIV Ultimates, but those still have unique stuff so I wouldn't completely write off a brand new boss either.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I missed this news, was just wondering if they'd announced a date yet. Now that I've finished Rebirth and desperate for more FF it might be the perfect time to finally schedule a XVI replay to get the plat and buy the season pass.

Good for Jill, hope she does actually get a nice spotlight here. Must admit I do wish Dion could get something tho... ;_;

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I now declare this thread to be the OT for this DLC.

Rejoice, my friends, for we are about to witness the second coming of Jesus Clive in 3 more days.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
I haven't played the first dlc yet in hopes that I can get some cool leviathan powers and then tackle Omega. Any news on if thats a legit path to take?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played the first dlc yet in hopes that I can get some cool leviathan powers and then tackle Omega. Any news on if thats a legit path to take?

I'm pretty sure the second DLC is a direct sequel to the events of the Omega DLC. I would absolutely play the first DLC first and then worry about a "leviathan vs. omega" play on Arcade Mode or Chapter Select after finishing the second DLC.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I'm pretty sure the second DLC is a direct sequel to the events of the Omega DLC. I would absolutely play the first DLC first and then worry about a "leviathan vs. omega" play on Arcade Mode or Chapter Select after finishing the second DLC.
Even more true since they just confirmed a character from EotF is appearing in RT

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017

Will you be joining us on Thursday as we descent into madness once again?

Finish the DLC campaign
Re-finish the main story
Start the extra quest afterward that Yoshi-P hinted at
Suddenly these guys show up:

LMAO
I would probably turn off my console right away.

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
Finish the DLC campaign
Re-finish the main story
Start the extra quest afterward that Yoshi-P hinted at
Suddenly these guys show up:
Rebirth and XVI spoilers:

Clive is both alive and dead, and Jill is now straddling timelines.

Also Cid is alive and will join in for a team attack against Ultima.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Patch notes for the update. Quite a lot of changes, plus a buff for Torgal accessories.

SQUARE ENIX | The Official SQUARE ENIX Website - Update to FINAL FANTASY XVI

Welcome to the official SQUARE ENIX website. Find all the latest news and updates about your favourite games and upcoming releases.

"Made adjustments to when Torgal can be petted and lowered time before re-petting."

They have their priorities in proper order.

oty

Feb 28, 2023
holy, a bunch of balancing stuff. goddamn

• Additional cutscenes have been added to certain sidequests.
huh

• Added "Custom" controller type.
    Go to Controller Layout on the System tab in the Main Menu to freely assign functionality to the buttons on your controller.
  • Skill Sets have been added.
    Players can now save up to 5 skill sets. Swap between sets with L1/R1.
fuck yeahhhhhh

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Patch notes for the update. Quite a lot of changes, plus a buff for Torgal accessories.

Welcome to the official SQUARE ENIX website. Find all the latest news and updates about your favourite games and upcoming releases.

Looks like they're trying to make a lot of the less-used abilities more viable. Gungnir is such a cool LOOKING move but it absolutely sucks in combat, so making it do more stagger damage might help.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

Holy shit Blind Justice buffs. Wasn't expecting that nor even asking for that but that's awesome.

Crap they're actually just buffing like, basically all the Eikonic Abilities?? Sweet.

MrTharne

May 26, 2023

Thanks the gods.
  • When canceling Bahamut's Eikonic Feat Wings of Light, the Megaflare charge will only deplete to the next gauge level.
  • A dodge is conducted when initiating Wings of Light.
  • Successfully dodging an enemy attack when initiating Wings of Light will trigger a Megaflare Dodge.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks the gods.
  • When canceling Bahamut's Eikonic Feat Wings of Light, the Megaflare charge will only deplete to the next gauge level.
  • Successfully dodging an enemy attack when initiating Wings of Light will trigger a Megaflare Dodge.

Seems like Bahamut and Ramuh got the lion's share of the buffs, which makes sense because they're kind of the least "tight" Eikons in the base game, and the ones with the most downsides compared to their upsides. Nice to see they updated some of Odin's abilities to make them more viable, though. Odin is a weird one where Zantetsuken kinda overshadows everything else he can do, so making his actual abilities more fun to use would be nice.

Curious that Phoenix wasn't touched at all, and Titan only got a buff for his super. But I suppose those two needed the least help.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Thanks the gods.
These are great changes. Makes me want to try a ranged build with something Leviathan, Ramuh, and Bahamut

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care for the damage buffs. The game is already too easy even on FF mode. Seems unnecessary. I'll also probably not use the load out stuff at all lol. I'm here for the Stomp buffs though.

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
I already loved using Bahamut, so I'm all for seeing him get a buff.

More Satellite damage sounds awesome.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Who must i email at square enix to make ultimaniac mode a regular difficulty?

ChocoBuddy

Banned
Apr 9, 2024
Ramuh was my favorite but is so weak due to the feat. They buffed it a lot which is sick, it sounds like it's going to work completely differently.