• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
That Leviathan fight is peak enjoyment, holy flipping shit. I figured it would've been tame since it was just a DLC and all. Nope. These folk took that bar and smashed it. What a god damned ride, wowsers.

crimmy88

Aug 7, 2023
Arcade mode enjoyers, looking at the selectable stages, the surge isnt listed. Is there no way to repeat the levi fight? :(

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone knows what exactly is required to complete the Kairos gate as per the trophy description? Can it be done on easy?

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Arcade mode enjoyers, looking at the selectable stages, the surge isnt listed. Is there no way to repeat the levi fight? :(

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/invader-zim-nny-johnny-the-homicidal-maniac-JMEUzUVptb6lW
No way dude, I refuse to believe it lmao
Ramuh is my main stagger tool. Lol.
Get ready to go hammies on these fools. I like to go out with Shiva to cause snapfreeze, and no joke, with the Ramuh accessory? I can legit land 2 whole blind justices on enemies, sometimes 3 if they're big enough. Between that, Satellite, that other Bahamut move that shoots out the orbs, and some of Leviathan's insane attacks, and I'm straight melting stagger bars lol

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I doubt "16 haters" will be spending more money on a game they didn't enjoy.
Either way, a few hours into the DLC, I'm not really experiencing anything that is drastically different from the main game. It's kinda just more 16. The balance feels maybe slightly better, although the entire game had balance changes so idk how much of that applies to just the dlc.

like, even the side quests are basically the same as they were in the main game with their structure.

Idk, I 100%'d the game and I think it's the worst FF in the entire series and I'm buying and playing the DLC as an FF fan.

My issues with 16 were basically the linear stage design, zone design's lack of meaningful map content and the story. A DLC episode with better level design, more varied side content to do in the areas and a better story would be a pretty major improvement.

madbuk

Jul 2, 2022
It's a feature within The Arete Stone. I opened it after beating the DLC so not sure if it's available from the start of the DLC or if you need to beat the DLC story.

What counts as "beating" it? Getting all 20 S ranks and clearing the boss it unlocks? Or just simply playing all 20 and getting any rank?

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Has anyone managed to find Reflection of Dark(Odin accessory)? That's literally the only one I'm missing now.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Picked up the DLC despite liking but not loving the base game. I don't expect this to fix any of the problems I had with the game, but after Rebirth I'm itching for more Final Fantasy.

Hopefully the patch that came along with the DLC and new accessories I'm reading about will get me to play through the game again. Also hearing that normal trash encounters go by faster is a huge QoL improvement.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
What counts as "beating" it? Getting all 20 S ranks and clearing the boss it unlocks? Or just simply playing all 20 and getting any rank?
Maybe I misunderstood the first post, by "beating it" I meant the main Rising Tide DLC. I finished that, then went to the Hideaway and saw this was unlocked.

I haven't finished it but my guess is just getting any rank and getting to the end would unlock the trophy.

How long did it take you to beat the new DLC?
It took me a while, because I got stuck for 2 hours on the Leviathan fight on FF mode and I did some of the side quests during as well. But I'd say probably 3-4 hours for the main story of it, but that's just a guess.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Spent several hours on Timekeeper and haven't been able to beat it on FF mode with no items and checkpoints he's so fun and hard as hell. It really owns

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna take a break, did the Chronolith for Levi, super easy one. Its a nice tutorial, wonder how the challenge version will go.

Also did some sidequests and LMAO almost died at this.

View: https://streamable.com/casp52

I wonder if it was added with the DLC or I never noticed the NPC this whole time. If its the former, Kujiraoka really must not have agreed with the purple sky idea lol.

DarthKamen

Jun 22, 2023
I wouldn't say I'm a "hater", but I am overall very negative on the game. I still plan to pick up the DLC eventually, I just want to wait for a sale, and prioritize my gaming budget elsewhere. (particularly Dawntrail)

I doubt this DLC will turn my entire view around, but it does look like some nice improvements on the base game. I'm still very envious of my friend who will just have both DLC included when he plays it on sale in like a year.

Jan 11, 2018
I just don't like XVI's. Too many damn questions.

Same. I really like the game a ton in general. But that ending is the worst in the series, "dethroning" FFVII for that title in my book (and that is still my favourite game, so an unsatisfying ending isn't necessarily something that puts me off a game unless it's offensive). It tells us nothing, really, and leaves almost everything up to headcanon (which they confirmed in the Ultimania was their intention, as even the epilogue is ambiguous and can be interpreted in multiple ways). Which also makes it annoying when people go "it's super clear that X survived" or "X wrote the book, the game hinted at it!" because there are multiple legit ways to interpret everything by design. After spending so much time with the characters, I want to know what happens. A FFXII style ending would have been lovely and very appropriate. Instead the ending reminds me of MGSV.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Redownloaded the game and the performance mode still sucks so im gonna wait until the Pro to play this DLC. Also it reminded me again how gorgeous this game was and the 30 fps mode is much smoother than rebirth thanks to the motion blur

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Once again, I have forgotten how to play FF16. Still love the performance mode in combat.

ozumas

Born to be Wise
Dec 15, 2020
I took some pictures last night, I really like the location in this DLC
GLZ2rmjXoAEfSAL
GLZ3wR4WkAA-riD

GLcNrqSXcAEESQR

GLcNrpHWsAAz1ri

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the deal with the new Clive form from the trailer? Some OP transformation you can only use in the final boss?

ChocoBuddy

Apr 9, 2024
I'm making my way through NG+ and even before this accessory Ramuh feels so good. You can stick the mines on an enemy, switch off of Ramuh, then the moment you stagger them trigger the denotation during the cutscenes.

Increases the stagger multiplier a lot.

I'm going for a stagger burst build.

Bahamut
Odin
Ramuh

All of my abilities are to do will damage mostly.Beforr stagger I max out Bahamut, max out Odin, and apply Ramuh's orbs on an enemy. Right as they stagger I detonate the orbs, turn on Bahamut, dump my stagger increasing abilities and right before stagger meter replenishes I use Odin Z lvl 5.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Heading into this DLC on FF mode at level 87. Still seems pretty lenient in terms of damage.

I think it's got a much stronger opening than the first DLC.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
About to play this. I have my pre-final bosss from the last DLC, will I get access straight away to the DLC? I am in NG+.

Also, what are the Trophies like? Anything spikey?

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
About to play this. I have my pre-final bosss from the last DLC, will I get access straight away to the DLC? I am in NG+.

Also, what are the Trophies like? Anything spikey?

nothing too crazy. You have to beat the survival mode for one trophy but you can buy timely accessory buffs to help you clear it, at the cost of your performance score.

Vaenyr

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 16, 2019
So… spoiler question:

So there is no new ending?

Yes, from what I gathered the DLC doesn't affect the ending. Funny in hindsight because I saw someone yesterday comparing XVI to XV and trying to claim the former was just an incomplete experience like the latter because of the DLC. Turns out the DLC is just a bonus episode though.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, from what I gathered the DLC doesn't affect the ending. Funny in hindsight because I saw someone yesterday comparing XVI to XV and trying to claim the former was just an incomplete experience like the latter because of the DLC. Turns out the DLC is just a bonus episode though.

It's just... so weird, cause the stuff that happens in the DLC feels like it should influence the ending. Like... Does Ultima not even acknowledge Clive having Levi's and his own power in the ending?

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
nothing too crazy. You have to beat the survival mode for one trophy but you can buy timely accessory buffs to help you clear it, at the cost of your performance score.

What about that Kairos gate trophy? What are the requirements exactly? Can it be done on easier difficulty if it becomes a hassle on Final Fantasy mode?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's just... so weird, cause the stuff that happens in the DLC feels like it should influence the ending. Like... Does Ultima not even acknowledge Clive having Levi's and his own power in the ending?

I'm gonna be blunt: this is why it was always mind-bogglingly stupid for them to cut an Eikon and then sell it as post-launch DLC. The entire story doesn't make sense anymore.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017

My heart is broken.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna be blunt: this is why it was always mind-bogglingly stupid for them to cut an Eikon and then sell it as post-launch DLC. The entire story doesn't make sense anymore.

it wasn't cut to sell for DLC, it was cut because they didn't have the time or budget for it. that's development for you. FFXV's DLC was clearly main game content sliced out and then resold. This is an EXPANSION, not a part of the main game. And everything I have seen thus far fits perfectly well in the world of FFXVI.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
it wasn't cut to see for DLC, it was cut because they didn't have the time or budget for it. that's development for you. FFXV's DLC was clearly main game content sliced out and then resold. This is an EXPANSION, not a part of the main game. And everything I have seen thus far fits perfectly well in the world of FFXVI.

If they didn't have the budget to do it, they should've cut Leviathan entirely. Straight-up. Don't reference it in the game, don't make it an existing Eikon in the world. Erase it.

The way they did it here is stupid, and it ruins the entire story.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017

Didnt the patch notes say something about adding some extra cutscenes in the main game? Maybe said cutscenes are about reflecting DLC stuff onto main game?

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
You can't have a story about Eikons and leave out Leviathan, one of the most iconic summons in the series. It would raise even more questions.