• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Love the one with the guy on the boat.

Nice art style.

Love that we get this type of art and nomuras art for the VII remake saga.

Variety is nice

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
He's a talented artist, but I'm not gonna lie, him conforming to an in-house art style makes it harder to appreciate his art.

For as much flack as some people give Tetsuya Nomura, you can immediately tell it's by him when you are looking at his character design.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
He's a talented artist, but I'm not gonna lie, him conforming to an in-house art style makes it harder to appreciate his art.

For as much flack as some people give Tetsuya Nomura, you can immediately tell it's by him when you are looking at his character design.

Honestly, following FFXIV artbooks, I somehow can distinguish his art style from the others.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I like what I see so far. I'm glad they aren't hiding the artwork this time around.

XIII and XV didn't have a lot of key art revealed to the public that wasn't CGI. Not knocking on Visual Works, I just like seeing the concepts.

UbZgEJb.jpg
ARwsDuU.jpg

nath999

May 7, 2018
I really love it, it will pop in 4k HDR.

He must of worked on FFXII cause I clearly see Fran and Balthier in his work.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm really a fan of his stuff, but I always thought it looked super similar to Akihiko Yoshida's stuff (not that that's a bad thing at all, Yoshida is the GOAT FF artist). Was he like a pupil of his or something?

For a second I thought AKihiko Yoshida was working on XVI.
This artists unknown to me is super talented now that i'm looking up his art, and yes, it's a great thing their art resemble

I really love it, it will pop in 4k HDR.

He must of worked on FFXII cause I clearly see Fran and Balthier in his work.

No. that was AKihiko Yoshida, the style of Kazuya greatly resembles his

Last edited: