• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I couldn't disagree more! Panne's artwork looks fine to me.

And today completed my first abyssal difficultly map in the Navarre one.

Took me some time to brainstorm. At first my team consisted SF!Nino (/w ATK/DEF Seal and reposition), B!Hector (/w swap and DD seal), B!Ephraim (/w CD seal though that didn't help him), and Eir (/w drive def seal).

Then switched Nino for Veronica (/savage blow seal) and gave Ephraim DEF tactic seal; had res tactic on Nino but that proved to be irrelevant to the map.

The finally this was what help me score the win:

Palla /w WW sword effect refine, reposition, darting blow, drive speed and aerobatics seal (though could have used her default flyer buffing skill to make it even easier, oh well)
Myrrh /w renewel (probably not relevant due to having Eir) and def tactic seal
And Hector and Eir are the same builds as above.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Panne has always been bare butt naked and it always has been weird. Speaking of HM farming and auto battles, has anyone farmed their HM legit, without any auto clicker or anything? if so, how do you keep your sanity? I did it once but it took me the whole week to get a team to 5000 HM because I got bored of entering the stage, going to the menu, activating autobattle, clicking the stage clear message, repeat.
I've done it by autobattling Tempest with extremely auto-friendly characters (usually tanky units with DC and a self-heal special), but that's it.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Up until a few weeks ago, I did. Usually I would occasionally tap on my tablet while playing another game or watching something on TV. Now, I just have the tablet tap itself.

That's how I was doing it, taping every couple minutes while watching something but even then my brian wanted me to stop. So many 5*+10 projects, so little patience to farm.

I've done it by autobattling Tempest with extremely auto-friendly characters (usually tanky units with DC and a self-heal special), but that's it.

I guess I still have to get full HM with Ike and Ryoma but not many DC units left for me since I abuse dragons like every FTP ever.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I might just have weird luck, but I've noticed that if I spread out my orb spending (i.e. doing 2-3 pulls every day or two), I generally end up with more 5 stars compared to if I splurge 50-100 orbs on a single day.

For instance, I spent 250+ orbs trying to get Leg Lucina last year (100 orbs on day one, and 150 on the next day) and I didnt get her. the pity rate reached 11% before I got a pity break.

Since then, I've only just spent 10-20 orbs on a summoning session per day where I manage to scrounge up enough orbs, and I've gotten:

Mikoto, both Corrins and Camilla on the adrift banner,
Surtr and Ylgr,
Hrid, Leg Lucina on Legendary banner
Ophelia and Lewyn on hero fest banner,
Xmas Fae, Eirika, Ephraim
Leg Azura, Kliff, HS Elincia, HS Ryoma, Leg Tiki,
NY Fjorm, Gunnthra, Laevatein,
Tibarn, Naila, Leanne, Reyson,
HS Ryoma, HS Sakura, HS Elise,
and finally Soren, Mist and Greil

(and these dont include off banner pity breakers)

So I'm inclined to think that IS has some devious shennanigans in place in their gacha system. It's as if they have an algorithm that drastically decreases your chance of pulling a unit, if you do a lot of pulls within a given time frame (regardless of what your pity rate says)

Do you guys have similar or totally different experiences with the gacha in FEH?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Keaton has gen 3 stats that means he is estremely stupid, velouria is nice and selkie is underwhelming
Anyway Fates favoritism at its finest, no reason why Nailah can't have boosted stats when she is also a book 3 infantry

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I don't need an Alfonse to give Ares defense smoke aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thank you blessed ghb for delivering unto me an even more broken vantage unit.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Panne is certainly no Naesala.

Would like to roll for Kaden to help out in AR, but still can't tell if he's going to demote like Reyson. His stat spread isn't impressive at all, but it doesn't really matter for him. My instinct is he is going to demote now, based on those stats/skills, maaaaybe Velouria too. Tough call on what to do on this banner.

Selkie's statline with her 29 attack makes her super situational depending on her Res stat. -Atk and -Res banes are going to hurt a bunch of people here, kind of a dangerous unit to go for.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
I might just have weird luck, but I've noticed that if I spread out my orb spending (i.e. doing 2-3 pulls every day or two), I generally end up with more 5 stars compared to if I splurge 50-100 orbs on a single day.

For instance, I spent 250+ orbs trying to get Leg Lucina last year (100 orbs on day one, and 150 on the next day) and I didnt get her. the pity rate reached 11% before I got a pity break.

Since then, I've only just spent 10-20 orbs on a summoning session per day where I manage to scrounge up enough orbs, and I've gotten:

Surtr and Ylgr,

So I'm inclined to think that IS has some devious shennanigans in place in their gacha system. It's as if they have an algorithm that drastically decreases your chance of pulling a unit, if you do a lot of pulls within a given time frame (regardless of what your pity rate says)

Do you guys have similar or totally different experiences with the gacha in FEH?
I have a similar theory (and was briefly compiling data to back it up until I stopped caring), though it's the converse. I'm 100% sure the shitty luck is actually normal with the published rates, but -- and here's the theory -- they give you a bonus rate/5* under certain circumstances (haven't summoned in a while, etc) to sweeten the pot

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California

Surtr and Ylgr,

Wish I read this before dropping 50+ orbs trying to get LA Hector, lmao.

I'm inclined to agree, though. I'll try it out in the future.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't even dislike Alfonse, but Gustav sacrificing himself for Alf is super, ultra lame.

He can't even remember the fucking sentimental, magic branch. THE BRANCH ALFONSE, THE BRANCH.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, was right with Keaton. 41 ATK. Thus having 45 ATK with a superasset. Damn! Also him and Velouria are Gen3 BST( The madness starts again).

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Got a -Spd / +Def Tailtiu and nothing else ... hooray. Really, outside of the Laguz banner and the luck with the two Amelias on the new power banners, my luck this year has been jack-shit.

But a friend of mine sent me a message, he hasn't pulled in months while farming every available F2P orb, so he had some ~1300 orbs and thought he just goes nuts on this banner. Dunno why this banner, didn't ask him.

He got a shiiiiiitload of 5* ... but only 3 focus ones:

2x Nailah
2x Tailtiu
1x Hardin
1x Ayra
1x Spellrika
2x Quan
1x Lute
1x Ninian
1x Rhajat
1x Ophelia
1x Shigure
1x Tibarn
1x L'Chrom
1x Zelgius
1x Linde
1x Surtr

Focus ones: 2 Keaton, 1 Velouria

Asked him to check the boons/banes on the 5* and report back. Answered "i hate you" because i made him check the IVs and wow ... the only ones NOT having a bane in Atk or Spd were Spellrika (+Spd), one Nailah (+Atk) and one Quan (+Atk). Good chunk of those were new heroes for him too (F2P, that's a good thing at least), but he can't merge them so he's set with the banes.

Told him he should look out for flying anvils because he's definitely having the luck for that ... blocked me ... lol. Guess he's going to get back at me for that. ^^ But man, that's the very definition of good and bad luck.

Wow, was right with Keaton. 41 ATK. Thus having 45 ATK with a superasset. Damn! Also him and Velouria are Gen3 BST( The madness starts again).

Yeah, you were right, gotta give it to you. But there's some innocence in me that believed that IS wouldn't do a super minmaxed brave weapon user with booned 45 Atk unmerged and unbuffed, while also rocking good Def and HP.

He's pretty much clowning Nailah, who needs expensive skill inheritance and needs to hit HP thresholds for her special build. To be fair, he would need DC to have the same mixed phase use and pretty much dies when a red/blue dragon or mage just looks at him ... but dudes, IS ... 45 Atk on a brave weapon user isn't ok.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
No focus units with my tickets (got a Ryoma) but that's okay. I wanted a banner to skip, and this is the one. I wish Keaton's artwork wasn't so good though... 👀

It's nice to see they're doing those illustrated introductions for non-limited units now too, even GHB units. 👍

Last edited:

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another simple "red flash" death at a key point in the story. Come on IS, spend a little of that half a billion you made on the game and at least make a still image of the moment or something!

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
After 4 rings of mostly 3* units (seriously need a mix up in there, about 18/20 were bronze units) I finally got a new one. -Atk/+Res Selkie. Nasty combo to get, +Res is great on her but she has an Atk superflaw and definitely isn't being demoted :(. Was hoping to get her or her dad to play around with so might build her hup in the vain hopes of a pitybreaker. Might see try her with Atk/Res Bond instead of Atk/Spd to see if that ups her killing power.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So, that's funny ... when i use the tickets, i have the spleen of pulling one orb of the color the hero, i got the ticket from, is.
That led me to 3 times 3* crap and a Velouria, +Atk / -Spd ... man this banner is a harsh mistress. Last time, it led me to Tibarn, from the Tibarn rewards ticket.

Anyone else noticed that we get a better story from the Fatebeasts Forging Bonds than we get from official chapter 4 of Book 3 of FEH?

The beasts in the story chapter "We're Kitsune/Wolfskin families!" and "Man, screw that contract."
The beasts in the Forging Bonds "Kaden Wright: Kitsune Attorney Investigations" with some side stuff like "Selkie has massive ADHD and likes flowers", "Velouria collects *beautiful* stuff and Keaton is proud", with "Keaton is One Piece's Zorro", to "Anna's money-scheming shenanigans take 42, make floof pillows that smell like Kitsune featuring the Order of Heroes being like *ITS SO FLUFFY*".

And surprise, the Fonse doesn't die, neither does Sharena, it's yet another dead parent thing. Can we at least get some King Fonse alt now? Oh and looking forward to Hel-Gustav in the story and in a Generals of Hel banner at the end of the year.

But it's assuring that the Order of Heroes', which defeated Surtr, liberated Nifl and somewhat Muspell, and fought back Veronica and Bruno, great plan to help the Fonse is coming down to "Let's look for Hel everywhere and then slap her!" ... Surtr all like "gotta be kidding me" when watching this from Hel.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Forging bonds summarizes what I feel right now.

Someone stole my orbs, and the main suspects are those beasts... and that messenger owl.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
72 orbs and 4 Summon tickets got me Velouria, Keaton, Selkie and... Exalt Chrom. If Kaden drops then I can finish the set, if Velouria drops then a 168 BST colourless melee unit with obscene Precharge gets added to the 4* pool.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
72 orbs and 4 Summon tickets got me Velouria, Keaton, Selkie and... Exalt Chrom. If Kaden drops then I can finish the set, if Velouria drops then a 168 BST colourless melee unit with obscene Precharge gets added to the 4* pool.

A ranged colorless flier with an inheritable weapon that has the same effect (outside of partner stuff) is in the game and available at 4*, soon even buyable with grails. ^^

Velouria drops for sure.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding story:

For a second I thought Alfonse would legit die and Gustav would take the mantle as main character for a few chapters but oh well.

Gustav dying was kinda expected. I assume his dad died the same way given what he told Alfonse at the beggining of the chamber. I wonder if we'll see Hel Gustav as an enemy in future chapters.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
A ranged colorless flier with an inheritable weapon that has the same effect (outside of partner stuff) is in the game and available at 4*, soon even buyable with grails. ^^

Velouria drops for sure.
Giving a generic dagger precharge is way more limited than the precharge on Velouria's weapon. He stat total also makes her less likely than Kaden in my eyes.

Either way I'm happy, I just think that Velouria is better unit since she's still useful on her own while Kaden is purely support.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, i don't see the BST playing a role in this case, they're different movement types and Kaden actually has the same BST as Quan and Ares. ^^

If anything prevents Kaden dropping, it's his weapon. Insane buff-potential, follow-up prevention and debuff on initiation on a 3-tile-movement unit ... that's a statement.

Best scenario of course is both dropping.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well that was totally obvious and super lame. Since you have to use your imagination I imagined the dad doing the super cliche open arms sacrifice pose too, lol
If dad reappears as a soldier of the dead unit then atleast he'll probably be summonable when Book 3 ends

Was hoping to get one random beast with 75 orbs and 4 tickets, but all I ended up with is a Saber and flying Olivia. Their Shield Pulse/Bracing Stance skills might be fun to give to a different defensive unit tho so it's not all bad.

Nov 7, 2017
Well that was totally obvious and super lame. Since you have to use your imagination I imagined the dad doing the super cliche open arms sacrifice pose too, lol
If dad reappears as a soldier of the dead unit then atleast he'll probably be summonable when Book 3 ends

Was hoping to get one random beast with 75 orbs and 4 tickets, but all I ended up with is a Saber and flying Olivia. Their Shield Pulse/Bracing Stance skills might be fun to give to a different defensive unit tho so it's not all bad.

Gustav doesn't need to appears as undead solider to be summonable. Hrid, Gunnthra, and Ylgr are summonable despite not appearing on the battlefield

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Got a -Spd / +Def Tailtiu and nothing else ... hooray. Really, outside of the Laguz banner and the luck with the two Amelias on the new power banners, my luck this year has been jack-shit.

But a friend of mine sent me a message, he hasn't pulled in months while farming every available F2P orb, so he had some ~1300 orbs and thought he just goes nuts on this banner. Dunno why this banner, didn't ask him.

He got a shiiiiiitload of 5* ... but only 3 focus ones:

2x Nailah
2x Tailtiu
1x Hardin
1x Ayra
1x Spellrika
2x Quan
1x Lute
1x Ninian
1x Rhajat
1x Ophelia
1x Shigure
1x Tibarn
1x L'Chrom
1x Zelgius
1x Linde
1x Surtr

Focus ones: 2 Keaton, 1 Velouria

Asked him to check the boons/banes on the 5* and report back. Answered "i hate you" because i made him check the IVs and wow ... the only ones NOT having a bane in Atk or Spd were Spellrika (+Spd), one Nailah (+Atk) and one Quan (+Atk). Good chunk of those were new heroes for him too (F2P, that's a good thing at least), but he can't merge them so he's set with the banes.

Told him he should look out for flying anvils because he's definitely having the luck for that ... blocked me ... lol. Guess he's going to get back at me for that. ^^ But man, that's the very definition of good and bad luck.

Yeah, you were right, gotta give it to you. But there's some innocence in me that believed that IS wouldn't do a super minmaxed brave weapon user with booned 45 Atk unmerged and unbuffed, while also rocking good Def and HP.

He's pretty much clowning Nailah, who needs expensive skill inheritance and needs to hit HP thresholds for her special build. To be fair, he would need DC to have the same mixed phase use and pretty much dies when a red/blue dragon or mage just looks at him ... but dudes, IS ... 45 Atk on a brave weapon user isn't ok.

I have shit luck on banners. If I ever pull 5*s, which is rare, 90% of the time, without fail, the units bane for me will always be its most important stat.

So, basically, I have a shitton of 5* units with -atk banes.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
LOL ... my buddy unblocked me to ask which of the Keatons he should use, since he's going to merge them only boon is important, +Spd or +Res and which A-skill to inherit on him.

.... I'm afraid to answer with DC, because i know he doesn't have DC fodder ... nor can i say Sturdy Impact as the one Tibarn he got today is his only one.

Any ideas to the questions that won't result in him being even more pissed off than he already is due to his goodbad luck and my troll comments? ^^

I have shit luck on banners. If I ever pull 5*s, which is rare, 90% of the time, without fail, the units bane for me will always be its most important stat.

So, basically, I have a shitton of 5* units with -atk banes.

Yeah, sorry to hear that, this just sucks. Here's hoping that future GHB / TT units will be on the level of Naesala again, at least one's guaranteed to get them. And IS really needs to do another mass demotion, not a single gen 1 unit has any business staying 5* exclusive, for example.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
My free summon gave me a Chrom so I can't complain. Maybe tomorrow I'll have the 4 tickets to try again. Anyway, I'm not spending orbs on this banner. I'm saving my 1100 orbs for the anniversary.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Spent 100 orbs so far, got Velouria, Horse Eirika, Adrift Camilla, and Green Olwen.

Lots of pity breakers, but pretty good orb to 5* ratio.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Final freebie ticket on 3% gets me two off banner 5*s in Magic Eirika and Ylgr, both doubles.

...sure? The Eirika is +Spd so might merge her, but wondering about Ylgr. That Spd Tactics fodder is tempting...

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Spent like 100 orbs nominally for Keaton but really to find my last Ares merge. No Ares merge (or Keaton, for that matter).

But there was a circle with no red orbs and had a green one with Kaden. So that's something at least.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Suddenly I'm getting soooo many off-focus units. Minerva, Alm, AD Camilla, Celica, 5* Silvia (lol), Zelgius, SM Eirika...
And then Keaton and Selkie, both -atk.
Sigh...

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Slowly but surely GHB/TT units are becoming sort of a skill shop, we just need more heroic greils income

Panne with Def Smoke/Chill Speed? Yes please

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get anything on one full circle (except another bad asset Effie) so I'll just stick with free pulls from the tickets.

I bet we'll see another mass demotion in April, or at least some kind of pool splitting.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Tossed another 50 orbs towards the banner and got my last Ares. Please welcome my first +10:

KV6r5YH_d.jpg

Once Panne comes out I'll give him def smoke and he will be complete.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
LOL ... my buddy unblocked me to ask which of the Keatons he should use, since he's going to merge them only boon is important, +Spd or +Res and which A-skill to inherit on him.

.... I'm afraid to answer with DC, because i know he doesn't have DC fodder ... nor can i say Sturdy Impact as the one Tibarn he got today is his only one.

Any ideas to the questions that won't result in him being even more pissed off than he already is due to his goodbad luck and my troll comments? ^^
lol u have strange relationships with friends by constantly blocking/unblocking each other

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tossed another 50 orbs towards the banner and got my last Ares. Please welcome my first +10:

KV6r5YH_d.jpg
congrats buddie

I actually completed my Ares from just pulling a couple rounds on this new banner too, I need two more Ares for 4+10. He's my main tank in cavalry team

what do u think of Vantage vs Quick Riposte in b-slot?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
what do u think of Vantage vs Quick Riposte in b-slot?

For Ares, depends on your special I reckon. If you've got aether or some other hp restoring special, QR is probably better, otherwise vantage and brazen seal as in the above.

Thinking about it, sol probably works better for Ares than aether due to the lower cool down.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
For Ares, depends on your special I reckon. If you've got aether or some other hp restoring special, QR is probably better, otherwise vantage and brazen seal as in the above.
Basically this.

This bread and butter Ares build is about getting Ares into vantage range and enemies suiciding into him. 60 attack is no joke and +22 true damage from bonfire means very few enemies can hit and live to tell the tale.

For tanking, I prefer Sigurd. He may not be able to do much to charge aether, but he has divine Tyrfing/crusader's ward to help soak magical damage and SS4 because I fed him my first Surtr.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Basically this.

This bread and butter Ares build is about getting Ares into vantage range and enemies suiciding into him. 60 attack is no joke and +22 true damage from bonfire means very few enemies can hit and live to tell the tale.

For tanking, I prefer Sigurd. He may not be able to do much to charge aether, but he has divine Tyrfing/crusader's ward to help soak magical damage and SS4 because I fed him my first Surtr.
ideally Sigurd would be better, but I've got two problems lol

first, he's 5* only so I won't be getting five copies of him anytime soon (to match 4+10 Ares)

second, he requires DC and I already gave a DC to Ares a while ago. so I don't want to spend precious DCs on another red sword cavalry haha

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
ideally Sigurd would be better, but I've got two problems lol

first, he's 5* only so I won't be getting five copies of him anytime soon (to match 4+10 Ares)

second, he requires DC and I already gave a DC to Ares a while ago. so I don't want to spend precious DCs on another red sword cavalry haha
Yeah, Sigurd is 5* and that makes him rare.

That said, I don't like DC on Sigurd since it conflicts too much with Crusader's ward. The 50% reduction from Divine Tyrfing is enough that he can usually tank a magic hit and kill a mage; but if doesn't kill that mage in one hit Sigurd is dead because Res is his dump stat. Moreover, without Crusader's Ward, he can't take many magical hits.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That said, I don't like DC on Sigurd since it conflicts too much with Crusader's ward. The 50% reduction from Divine Tyrfing is enough that he can usually tank a magic hit and kill a mage; but if doesn't kill that mage in one hit Sigurd is dead because Res is his dump stat. Moreover, without Crusader's Ward, he can't take many magical hits.
hmm I haven't looked at Sigurd's skills anytime recently, but why can't you run DC with Crusader's Ward?

I thought Crusader's Ward just reduces damage from ranged units?

Status
Not open for further replies.