• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
hmm I haven't looked at Sigurd's skills anytime recently, but why can't you run DC with Crusader's Ward?

I thought Crusader's Ward just reduces damage from ranged units?
CW reduces damage from consecutive hits from ranged units. Outside of desperation and dire thunder/brave bow shenanigans, distant counter usually means Sigurd and his enemy alternate blows so no hits are consecutive.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Whohoo! Free Kaden (+Spd/-Atk) and then got Velouria (+Atk/-Spd) in 30 orbs. Was worried so much about wasting orbs on potential demotes, was so excited it turned out this way. Might go for the other 2, but I got the support units at least.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
CW reduces damage from consecutive hits from ranged units. Outside of desperation and dire thunder/brave bow shenanigans, distant counter usually means Sigurd and his enemy alternate blows so no hits are consecutive.
oh shit, is that really how CW works??

now I'm really glad I didn't pass a DC to Sigurd. I thought consecutive just means within the same round

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
People wanted a skill shop and a way to merge free units. They didn't think that they would have to choose one or the other.

More than a Skill Shop (which the grails system does kinda nicely), what people wanted was a "Skill Forge" for better access to Tier 4 skills. Like, improving your Death Blow 3 to Death Blow 4 or something like that.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
After checking Pannes weapon her 29 attack doesn't seem as terrible, she can reach 48 by just transforming and by being close to a beast, plus an additional -4 Atk/Def on the enemy, and this is without an A skill

Oct 25, 2017
More than a Skill Shop (which the grails system does kinda nicely), what people wanted was a "Skill Forge" for better access to Tier 4 skills. Like, improving your Death Blow 3 to Death Blow 4 or something like that.
And IS response to that is being able to inherit 4 skills next month.... Sigh

If the new GHB unit were a green, whooee.
Would be better if Panne was red. Naesale is quite good already, Reyson and (The probably next demote) Kaden are/will be widely available. The only colors lacking right now for F2P beasts are Red and colorless.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I was so excited about Ares I forgot to mention the 5* I did get, both off focus: Saber and tome Eirika.

Eirika seems serviceable with her base kit. Give her a better C skill, and she'll be useful in Arena Assault I think. Like, what's worth adding?

No idea what to do with Saber. He's obviously better with his refine but I do t want to shell out the divine dew and I'm not sure which of my Jugdral units can use shield pulse. At a loss of what to do with him.

Oct 25, 2017
I was so excited about Ares I forgot to mention the 5* I did get, both off focus: Saber and tome Eirika.

Eirika seems serviceable with her base kit. Give her a better C skill, and she'll be useful in Arena Assault I think. Like, what's worth adding?

No idea what to do with Saber. He's obviously better with his refine but I do t want to shell out the divine dew and I'm not sure which of my Jugdral units can use shield pulse. At a loss of what to do with him.
Shield Pulse is kinda bad nowadays, useful for some interesting builds but outside of that... I would add that Saber is awesome with the Dew investment. But he also requires others costly skills to shine.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, it finally happened to me. I was pitybroken by Mist :'(
She's +HP -ATK, so even more useless than normal

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I got Velouria but she's - atk +res. Still happy I got her, though.

Maybe she'll get demoted and I can find a merge to patch that bad IV.

Oct 25, 2017
I need help. Have the neutral B!Lyn from CYL 1 and got a new B!Lyn. She's +DEF - RES. If I'm understanding correctly, if i merge the -RES one, she will have the res flaw corrected and will get +1 point in ATK And SPD(Her two first highest stats). If i merge the neutral one, it will get a +1 point in HP, ATK And SPD. So which you people think i should merge? The neutral into -RES or the contrary?

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I need help. Have the neutral B!Lyn from CYL 1 and got a new B!Lyn. She's +DEF - RES. If I'm understanding correctly, if i merge the -RES one, she will have the res flaw corrected and will get +1 point in ATK And SPD(Her two first highest stats). If i merge the neutral one, it will get a +1 point in HP, ATK And SPD. So which you people think i should merge? The neutral into -RES or the contrary?

If you move neutral onto +def -res, you'll get +4 res to correct the flaw (it's a super flaw) and an additionaly point to HP and speed.

If you move the +Def -res onto the neutral, you'll gain +2 HP, +2 spd, and +1 attack.

Honestly though, neutral B!Lyn is used a lot in guides so beware that merging your Lyns can lock you out of f2p solutions.

Oct 25, 2017
Neutral Lyn is super useful for guides, I wouldn't merge
Yeah, I know! But having Rein, Celica and Ophelia steamrolling everything, i don't even use her that much.

If you move neutral onto +def -res, you'll get +4 res to correct the flaw (it's a super flaw) and an additionaly point to HP and speed.

If you move the +Def -res onto the neutral, you'll gain +2 HP, +2 spd, and +1 attack.

Honestly though, neutral B!Lyn is used a lot in guides so beware that merging your Lyns can lock you out of f2p solutions.
Wow, so my math was entirely wrong. Need to take my time and learn better about the merges changes. Thanks Kefka! Will merge the -RES into the neutral, as SPD and ATK are much more important for her.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I got Velouria, and pity broken by Silas, L'Arachel, and Adrift Camilla. I didn't promote the first the first two, and didn't have Camilla so I can't even get mad at that.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Lol, I got Bonejack'd. Every single free summon was 3* trash. At least it was free, and since I don't intend to spend orbs in this banner I guess I'll keep hoarding for a while.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I got an extra Tibarn just chilling here, who is a good user of Sturdy Impact? People were losing it when this skill was first introduced yet nobody talks about it anymore. I was thinking of giving it to OG Ephraim since he is one of my favorite lance units, the extra defense helps him stay above 90% HP to trigger his weapon's effect, but the whole "enemy can't make a follow up attack" is kinda wasted on him since most units are already boned when he initiates.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I got an extra Tibarn just chilling here, who is a good user of Sturdy Impact? People were losing it when this skill was first introduced yet nobody talks about it anymore. I was thinking of giving it to OG Ephraim since he is one of my favorite lance units, the extra defense helps him stay above 90% HP to trigger his weapon's effect, but the whole "enemy can't make a follow up attack" is kinda wasted on him since most units are already boned when he initiates.

Ironically, it's imo the one hero you devoted your avatar picture to. Nephenee works great with Sturdy Impact, though Brazen Atk/Def or Atk/Spd work wonders on her, too, due to Wrath. Keaton works great with it, it's an alternative for DC on him. In the end, gotta be a unit that's either fast enough to ensure doubles, or has a skill that enables them, hits hard enough and would love the +10 Def and follow-up prevention. That's actually a good chunk of fliers and infantry. ^^

© / ® / ™

But yeeees, i'm a meme!

Oct 25, 2017
Is Fortress DEF/RES 3 a good skill for Selkie? Mine is -SPD, so i need all the RES to make sure her weapon effect trigger. It will make her attack even lower(-2 penalty) but I'm out of ideas of how to proceed with her.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Is Fortress DEF/RES 3 a good skill for Selkie? Mine is -SPD, so i need all the RES to make sure her weapon effect trigger. It will make her attack even lower(-2 penalty) but I'm out of ideas of how to proceed with her.

Man idk, she has 29 Atk, i wouldn't really lower it any further. Ideally, there would be a Spd/Res Solo skill, but there isn't. Let's see for alternatives ...

Atk/Spd Solo pushes her Spd back to neutral +1 while upping her dire Atk, but that's only available on Legendeirika.
Fury 3 / 4, use the recoil damage for ... dunno honestly, she can't inherit Wrath, Desperation might not be needed due to the follow-up prevention.
Atk/Res Solo, improve the Atk and make sure you push Res enough to get a solid amount of bonus stats, though only available on Flora.
Swift Strike, a more budget solution, +4 Spd and Res on initiation, patches her Spd somehow, buffs Res for bonus stats. Available on Legault (only at 5*) and Summer Corrin.

Or the good old Swift Sparrow ...

Depending on what allies you intend to team her up with, you might also look into the bond skills, if you're able to cuddle her up with another beast or dragon ... though she's not really a unit i would cuddle up in a position, she has like zero enemy phase utility and not the stats for that.

But Spd/Res Bond is available on Smolzura at 4*, so you only would need to drop some grails, and that only if you don't have the free 4* one from the TT anymore.

E: Crossed a few things out due to new information, see below ...

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm... Gamepress claims that Selkie doesn't get bonus stats from in-combat buffs. Did a quick check with her getting a double Drive Res buff and it seems like they're right. Not sure if A skills are effected the same way, but seems likely :/. Her weapon skill definitely reads otherwise, so not sure if there's an issue or it's just an unclear description.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm... Gamepress claims that Selkie doesn't get bonus stats from in-combat buffs. Did a quick check with her getting a double Drive Res buff and it seems like they're right. Not sure if A skills are effected the same way, but seems likely :/. Her weapon skill definitely reads otherwise, so not sure if there's an issue or it's just an unclear description.

Wouldn't this be the first time that a stat comparison would ignore in-combat buffs? That has to be a mistake ... i mean there's even a seal that gives you fake Spd if there's a Spd comparison.

This would also ultra-limit the A-skills you can actually use to fix/buff Selkie's stats by her weapon effect ... literally only Fury 3 and 4, Fortress Def/Res (or the singular ones) and the two stat +2 or single stat +3 skills would affect the Res check.
She would have to rely even more on visible buffs from outside or her wave skill triggering. And Chill Res or something.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't this be the first time that a stat comparison would ignore in-combat buffs? That has to be a mistake ... i mean there's even a seal that gives you fake Spd if there's a Spd comparison.

It could be ignoring in combat buffs on purpose to stop the skill increasing its own effect, or perhaps even that they simply couldn't make it count in combat buffs, without overhauling the order of calculations, because they're all added at the same time, and the weapons skill is counted as one.

Edit: looking at other skills that use the same "at the start of combat" wording, I think it's a check that only occurs once, prior to any attacks occuring (hence no effect from mirror strike and what not), and I guess things like ward/drive skills are only added at the point of damage calculations, rather than hone type buffs which are visible and will count for the weapon.

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017

This would also ultra-limit the A-skills you can actually use to fix/buff Selkie's stats by her weapon effect ... literally only Fury 3 and 4, Fortress Def/Res (or the singular ones) and the two stat +2 or single stat +3 skills would affect the Res check.
She would have to rely even more on visible buffs from outside or her wave skill triggering. And Chill Res or something.

I think it's the "At Start of Combat" qualifier that might be the issue, as that's not part of Giga Excalibur. Guessing combat buffs are added after the fact or separately to it, despite showing up in damage calcs before hand.

It's not great :/. Guess I'll feed mine Fury instead of Atk/Res if they haven't said it's a bug in a few days.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It could be ignoring in combat buffs on purpose to stop the skill increasing its own effect, or perhaps even that they simply couldn't make it count in combat buffs, without overhauling the order of calculations, because they're all added at the same time, and the weapons skill is counted as one.

Edit: looking at other skills that use the same "at the start of combat" wording, I think it's a check that only occurs once, prior to any attacks occuring (hence no effect from mirror strike and what not), and I guess things like ward/drive skills are only added at the point of damage calculations, rather than hone type buffs which are visible and will count for the weapon.
I think it's the "At Start of Combat" qualifier that might be the issue, as that's not part of Giga Excalibur. Guessing combat buffs are added after the fact or separately to it, despite showing up in damage calcs before hand.

It's not great :/. Guess I'll feed mine Fury instead of Atk/Res if they haven't said it's a bug in a few days.

With how players are used to how these calcs normally go, IS should maybe warrant some notification on this. Because honestly, any skill that has in-combat Res buff, is basically worthless for the Res check now. I'd argue that Chill Res is then even a really good skill for her ... definitely more useful than Sabotage Atk, for a build that relys heavily on her weapon at least.

Ghostsonplanets In the light of this new info, for the love of Reinhardt, don't waste a skill with in-combat Res boost on her. Either a Fury skill, or really Fortress Def/Res, or you go with pushing her offensive stats via Atk/Spd Solo / Bond / Push or Swift Sparrow.

Kliff's Sagittae doesn't count drives either.

I think that's less of an issue because you want Kliff's Atk to be lower, whereas Selkie wants some really high Res ... which honestly is done mainly by stacking in-combat buffs because you're limited to +6 a single time from visible buffs. ^^

We need a Odd Res Wave seal, so Selkie can have that +6 visible buff in all phases by herself! ^^

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all! I really didn't knew that her weapon ignored in-combat buffs for the calculation. Sigh

@Ghostsonplanets In the light of this new info, for the love of Reinhardt, don't waste a skill with in-combat Res boost on her. Either a Fury skill, or really Fortress Def/Res, or you go with pushing her offensive stats via Atk/Spd Solo / Bond / Push or Swift Sparrow.
Thanks for all the tips Bonejack! Yeah, will look at my skills available to inherit on her. It really limiting, as she doesn't want LnD because it breaks her weapon. Don't have Fury 4. She comes with a Bond Skills, but to do the positioning shenanigans as cavalry is something. Will see if Fort RES/DEF is good to her. As you said, her base ATK is so low that crippling even more can break her combat capabilities.

Oct 25, 2017
100 orbs later, all I've got is a higher appearance rate percentage.
I have a feeling the only beast units I'll ever get are the free ones.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
This is starting to get more complex than regular console FE games, right? ^^ I wonder if we see some things from FEH making the jump into 3 Houses.

Anyway, trained my shiny new Velouria today, she's certainly not bad, but boy does that Spd bane suck on her. If this was Keaton, i'd cheer for this bane, but .... it's not, and i don't have Keaton. We should get the video for the Binding Blade banner before the Fatebeasts one end, right?

Maybe i'll drop few more orbs into this banner if the Binding Blade one isn't interesting for me ... actually that has a good chance to happen since that's one of the FE games i haven't played yet. ^^

100 orbs later, all I've got is a higher appearance rate percentage.
I have a feeling the only beast units I'll ever get are the free ones.

Pretty sure Reyson will make his way to your barracks soon enough. Got 3 4* ones now ... though all with shitty boons. And either Kaden or Velouria should be easier to get once this banner is done, as one of them will drop, ideally both. ^^

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Reyson will make his way to your barracks soon enough. Got 3 4* ones now ... though all with shitty boons. And either Kaden or Velouria should be easier to get once this banner is done, as one of them will drop, ideally both. ^^
Demotions are no guarantee of success though.
I haven't pulled a Libra, Silas or Legault yet.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking I would be safe splurging on the Fates Beasts since I don't care about the majority of Binding Blade characters, but looking through the list there are more that I like than I remember.

Dieck, Sue, Elphin, Echidna, Hugh, Niime.

The saving grace is that most of them didn't do well in CYL polls, only Dieck seems like a shoe-in.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
I was thinking I would be safe splurging on the Fates Beasts since I don't care about the majority of Binding Blade characters, but looking through the list there are more that I like than I remember.

Dieck, Sue, Elphin, Echidna, Hugh, Niime.

The saving grace is that most of them didn't do well in CYL polls, only Dieck seems like a shoe-in.

Probably a pretty good chance we get a Roy or Lilina alt as well. They've tended to do that with the game-specific banners.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
4* Reyson is a lie. The green stock consists of Bartre, Frederick and Soren.
This. Whenever I summoned green I'd get so many Hawkeyes but almost no Faes.
I also have gotten exactly one Silas and one Legault since they were demoted.

Recently, I've been getting many Silvias so I'm considering building one. How is she compared to Olivia?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Man i have no single clue who would be on the Binding Blade banner, the ones i know are in FEH already ... but since IS has started to make unique typings more available, i hereby arse-predict that the banner will have Sue as a cav archer for the regular pool, and who won't drop. ^^

4* Reyson is a lie. The green stock consists of Bartre, Frederick and Soren.

I'd give you mine if possible, no need for them when i can't build them. ^^

Recently, I've been getting many Silvias so I'm considering building one. How is she compared to Olivia?

With her Barrier Blade and the Res / Spd stat, she's a green and red dragons nightmare. Though she has a much weaker Def stat compared to Olivia, who's more even on the defensive stats, but slower and with less HP than Silvia.

I once saw a build ... it was meant to tank dragons and mages, but i can't remember .... Or wait no, it didn't have the Barrier Blade, but Armor Smasher, yes.

Armor Smasher (Res refined)
Dance (duh)
Glacies/Iceberg
Fury/Mirror Strike
WoM/Desperation
Def Ploy
Atk Ploy (Seal)

Dedicated unit for our lovely armor dragons. IVs were either +Res or +Spd, iirc. Still, with that Res stat and enough merges, regular dragons and mages won't do shit to her either.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
With her Barrier Blade and the Res / Spd stat, she's a green and red dragons nightmare. Though she has a much weaker Def stat compared to Olivia, who's more even on the defensive stats, but slower and with less HP than Silvia.

I once saw a build ... it was meant to tank dragons and mages, but i can't remember .... Or wait no, it didn't have the Barrier Blade, but Armor Smasher, yes.

Armor Smasher (Res refined)
Dance (duh)
Glacies/Iceberg
Fury/Mirror Strike
WoM/Desperation
Def Ploy
Atk Ploy (Seal)

Dedicated unit for our lovely armor dragons. IVs were either +Res or +Spd, iirc. Still, with that Res stat and enough merges, regular dragons and mages won't do shit to her either.

Nice build. I think I'll keep the barrier blade and use Mirror Stance to make it a budget build.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Probably a pretty good chance we get a Roy or Lilina alt as well. They've tended to do that with the game-specific banners.

If I was a betting man, I'd guess that the upcoming banner for Roy's game will have no Alts, same as the radiant dawn one.

The first (?) New not-alts banner for fe6 units being added since launch darn well better not have Alts anyway.

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes, you're presented with a scenario that reminds you of the Skill Studies.

I'm in AR. Turn 7. Enemy has only Duma left with 28HP.

I have one fountain to break. Cecilia is heavily damaged and restricted by Tactics Room, but she is in range of Duma and can do 29HP damage.

I also have a dancer with WoM and Drive Atk, and a Reinhardt giving Goad Cavalry to Cecilia. He can't KO Duma.

My first thought is to move Rein, dance him to break the fountain, and then KO Duma. But moving Rein will remove the Goad and prevent Cecilia from KO'ing Duma.

After some thought, I end up moving Rein, warping the dancer in between Cecilia and Rein to dance Rein, breaking the fountain, and then doing just enough damage from the Drive Atk (+3 vs. Goad's +4) to KO Duma exactly.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018

She can do things Olivia can't. She can get ridiculously high HP for panic ploy and infantry pulse and solid resistance to run ploys. Her attack and defense are dump stats, do if you want an emergency killer (like armorsmasher for surtr), Olivia might be better for extra defense. But outside of defense, Silvia is a dancer who can provide extra support by using resistance and HP. She can wall dragons, but without specials and maybe even Wrath, her damage output is bad.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
So I gave my Kaden an unusual but seemingly effective build. I will probably only use him in AR and arena assault, so don't want to invest too much into him.

The build so far uses his prf weapon, shove, spd/Res link, drive Res, and drive speed. He shoves a Res tank, such as Fjorm or Eir, into range and gives them +15 spd/Res. This is perfect for Saias (soon to be +3 merged) who is my go to Res tank and with +Res blarserpent, DD6, light blessing, and Kaden can reach 77 resistance in enemy phase and have his awkward speed brought to 47 so can keep his B slot open for not QR3. For now, I'm using Fjorm since she's a bonus unit.

Anyway, I haven't filled out the special and A slot on Kaden yet and wondering what to put there. He's - atk/+spd. It's boring, but moonbow and fury seems the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.