• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Any of you run your Flier Emblem teams with Goads/Wards? Been thinkin about building a team around these buffs and would like some opionions on the matter

Hello.

There are so many flying units that make use of Brave or Brave like weapons that you can run a team full of Goads and clear house. You will want a dancer in there, but units like the Whitewing sisters, Cherche and Cordelia are easy to find and build, Elincia is rarer but works in a similar manner. Desperation Galeforce is doable on a number of units too. Catria in particular can make easy use of it thanks to her Slaying effect, but also likes Glimmer so it's personal choice there.

Even tankier units like S!Young Tiki work well with pure Goads, as it reduces some of their needs for Quick Riposte. Double Atk/Def bond on her is pretty powerful if you're worried about her tanking things too.

Things like Chill Atk/Spd/Def are great on those teams too. My Goad focus one runs all there and tears through things.

Oct 25, 2017
Any of you run your Flier Emblem teams with Goads/Wards? Been thinkin about building a team around these buffs and would like some opionions on the matter
Usually try to run flier emblem with mixed Fortify/Hone and Goad/Wards. But Goad and Wards are usually more useful as they stack and have a better positioning condition. My L!Robin works great buffed.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't think it was possible, but I reached up to 5.5% pity rate on the furry banner before I finally got Keaton (who was the only one I was aiming for)

I hate this banner.

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
Hell yes, I got LA Hector. Good stats too.

I would like some input on what to do with him.

My original plan was to fodder his DC to Duma. But he seems pretty strong in his own right. (And it was a pain to get him, lol)

On the green armored front I've got Surtr with DC, L Hector, Winter Chrom, and Sheena.

Yay or nay?

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
2 Hectors are better than one, you can get DC from a different unit down the line, unless you really need it for Duma.

Nov 7, 2017
If you have Legendary Hector and Surtr, then LA Hector doesn't really add much to your roster. I would fodder to Duma if he is going to be a core component of one your teams.

Oct 25, 2017
I have like 7 flier teams. 2 teams run Goads with 3 melee fliers and 1 ranged physical flier. My other teams run 3 blade tomes and 1 firesweep lance. Those teams run 2x fortify 2x hone.

The blade tome teams are overall better, but both do very well. My primary Goad team has Catria and Camilla, so Catria hits like a truck.

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
2 Hectors are better than one, you can get DC from a different unit down the line, unless you really need it for Duma.
If you have Legendary Hector and Surtr, then LA Hector doesn't really add much to your roster. I would fodder to Duma if he is going to be a core component of one your teams.
Yeah, I think I'll hold on to him for a while.

I'll wait for a legendary banner with Hrid or L Hector. Those tend to be the most generous to me.

Thanks for the input.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bladetomes are boring and Hone fliers are hard to get, come to the goad fliers side of the force.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished by Goad/Ward Flier Emblem team, I got Ryoma as a mixed phase unit who can get surprisingly tanky with wards and DD seal, Myrrh who needs no introduction as an enemy phase unit and Lyn/Rein destroyer, Catria with her refinement is stupid good and because I gave her the Flier Formation seal she has an easier time getting into position to activate her weapon's effect, and finally Archer Hinoka who can potentially get +18 ATK/SPD thanks to 2 ATK/SPD Bond and Goads.

Gotta say i am really enjoying the playstyle and not having to rely on Hones/Fortify is refreshing.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Nice of IS to make this GHB a cakewalk.
Now, to decide if it's worth spending grails getting Panne to 5* +1

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My favourite (dripping in sarcasm) part of aether raids is when your battles come in the wrong order meaning your more successful defenses count for zilch.

At least Pannes ghb was easy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Panne's GHB was kind of easy but okay. Ares got his def smoke.

I'll decide if I want to promote one of my other Panne. She seems useful enough in AA where I'd use her anyway. I have Kaden, so no pressure to get a 5* bonus unit.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
So I decided to build Panne:

kVnaauJ.png

Despite her modest stats, she's deceptively powerful. I'd actually rate her as better than Selkie considering how much easier and more consistent her bonuses are.

My build initiates with effective stats of 58 atk/43 spd/37 def/30 Res and negates followups, she she packs a punch and is pretty bulky. I gave her Atk Smoke to improve her Enemy Phase bulk but the default Def Smoke works better if she's backed by the heron dancers to chain kills.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I got Mist as my free summon on the Greil's devoted banner. I already have way too many mage cavalry units so I decided to inherit Rally Def/Res+ to my Nino.

jQJ7ClPh.png

It really helped with my arena score. I was able to score 3748 points using Alfonse as my bonus unit. It's not enough to stay on tier 21 but next week I should be able to go from 20 to 21 again.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nephenee -- do yall think +SPD or +ATK is better?

normally I would say SPD but with her anti-armor weapon, I'm not sure if ATK is better

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Nephenee -- do yall think +SPD or +ATK is better?

normally I would say SPD but with her anti-armor weapon, I'm not sure if ATK is better

As an enemy phase unit she can get a speed boost with her refine, her Atk is usable but not amazing. Would roll that unless you wanna feed her Fierce Breath or something.

I say that with a -Atk/+Def Neph with Steady Breath and Aether who just nukes anything that bounces off her anyway lol.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
As an enemy phase unit she can get a speed boost with her refine, her Atk is usable but not amazing. Would roll that unless you wanna feed her Fierce Breath or something.

I say that with a -Atk/+Def Neph with Steady Breath and Aether who just nukes anything that bounces off her anyway lol.
Either one works, really. +Atk is more efficient, given her refine boosts speed and increasing speed through seals is easier than boosting atk.
I second using the +atk Nephenee.
Mine was -spd for the longest time but with her refine her speed was workable.
ok kool, thx Team!

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently someone in Reddit claims we may be able to identify the color of the orb for the next Find&Vote Banner based on the unique sound they make. If this actually works that would be some galaxy brain next next level shit

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I pulled another 20 orbs going for Selkie and got Brave Hector instead. I had gotten free HJakob earlier this month, so am probably going to make the Brave+Bold combo.

I also made that Blood Moon L!Eirika build today with Wo Dao+. With Velouria support, plus L!Hector, and Quickened Pulse seal, she can get her 100% Luna pre-charged now. When this AR season is over, going to rework my defense team to feature her. She can do 52 damage against all non-TA blue units (assuming attacking solo), 58 damage if she gets a +6 Atk field buff. The downside is that if she one-shots she can't get a Wings of Mercy dancer swooping in. But at least it makes her really difficult to bait safely.

Apparently someone in Reddit claims we may be able to identify the color of the orb for the next Find&Vote Banner based on the unique sound they make. If this actually works that would be some galaxy brain next next level shit

Oooooh. Yes please. Hoping this happens and they don't just make them the colorless sound. You'd think they would notice during testing the gold orbs that they make different sounds, right?

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I pulled another 20 orbs going for Selkie and got Brave Hector instead. I had gotten free HJakob earlier this month, so am probably going to make the Brave+Bold combo.

I also made that Blood Moon L!Eirika build today with Wo Dao+. With Velouria support, plus L!Hector, and Quickened Pulse seal, she can get her 100% Luna pre-charged now. When this AR season is over, going to rework my defense team to feature her. She can do 52 damage against all non-TA blue units (assuming attacking solo), 58 damage if she gets a +6 Atk field buff. The downside is that if she one-shots she can't get a Wings of Mercy dancer swooping in. But at least it makes her really difficult to bait safely.

Reminder that velouria doesn't work in AR defense; supports only exist for the player, not 'player generated AI teams.'

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
The dream is that they forget to randomize the orbs, so for example Azura is always in the top orb.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
or didn't bother introducing a new sound effect. The sound effect theory if you're curious: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem..._may_be_able_to_choose_your_fv_hero_based_on/

That might actually be very useful if IS was consistent. I'm still expecting that the selection is randomized on the server instead of the client though.

I'm in the situation where only Halloween Myrrh and Legendary Lyn are the useful picks for me since they'll neutralize the terrible flaws on units I already have. (and I've probably jinxed myself by saying this)

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
If this is true people are going to be so mad that they didn't know before they chose their orb.
I'm going to be mad because to me a couple of those sound the same. I feel old.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't really make sense why they would program a new orb symbol into the game with these gold orbs, but then not just attach the same sound file to each object. This is a special summon too, where they're programming them to link to a specific unit. I don't know why a programmer would carry over the red/blue/green/colorless sound effects from the regular files, instead of just making the new one and copying the same gold effects for consistency. I'm not a developer or anything, maybe there's a reason why they would copy from the regular summoning pool files when designing these.

I'm not entirely sold that they're really giving us a random "choice" anyway on the special summon. Wouldn't be surprised if they programmed the special summon where they did the character roll in the background when you click "summon" and then all 4 orbs technically have the same unit behind them. It's a random chance either way.

Reminder that velouria doesn't work in AR defense; supports only exist for the player, not 'player generated AI teams.'

Oh. Well, that's dumb. There's goes a good chunk of appeal for Velouria in that mode.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Honestly, my guess is they just use a sound file that's already existing. E.g., all the golden orbs will have the red orb sound effect, even if it's not a red unit. Either that, or a new sound effect was in the datamine and nobody noticed.

Im like 99% sure it'll be random, but it's fine to see how many ways we might be able to get by the randomness.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tbf, the two options are: all four heros are always present or each golden orb chooses one of the 4 randomly

In both cases, the odds of pulling each hero is -exactly- the same. People are complaining about "maybe the hero I want is not even there", but it doesn't matter. The odds of getting specifically one of the four is exactly 25% in both scenarios

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sound thing doesn't work. Was a nice idea but ah well.

I went for the right orb and got Duma (phew). Wouldn't have been my choice, but at least it wasn't Lyn.

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Well as luck would have it, my free summon ended up being L!Lyn. But free is free I suppose, and it's my first one too. Plus she has good IVs: ATK+/DEF-.

And fair warning: guess IS thought ahead, but all the orb sounds are the same.

And the banner itself starts with a pity rate if 3%, so meh, not worth it. Going to wait for the leg banner.

At the same time 2 tactician themed summoning banners labeled with letter this time.

Banner A gave me 3* Reinhardt.

Banner B gave me my first vanilla Hector! So and so IVs: DEF+/ATK-, though nothing that a 2nd copy couldn't fix, unless that 2nd copy happens to have the arguably better ATK boon. Funny 2 of my free summons are 2 of the Blazing Blade lords!

Last edited:

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Got a free Innes. +Def/-Res is meh, but it's the first time I got him, so that's nice. Freebie is Myrrh. Well I do want to merge her, so I'm not complaining.

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sitting at 10960 lift in AR tier 20.. with just 40 aether left I won't be able to do another battle this season. It's so close that it hurts.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And after dropping the stash of 300 orbs trying to get an azura, I have a Faye (pity broken with no blues) and brave hector (dupe) to show for it, with a 4.25% pity rate that will no doubt be broken if I scrounge together more orbs anyway.

Thanks so much for not letting us choose the hero IS.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
I got H!Myrrh which I wanted but she's
-Atk. *sigh* at least I also got a free Maribelle from one of the new banners (+atk obviously).

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got Lyn and Azura (2nd try), both were the ones I wanted :).

Edit: and I just got Mia on the free summon on another pull. 😯

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao my luck is very strange. Firstly, got Halloween Myrhh which is very nice. More interestingly is the VG banners. Got squat on the Lewyn banner (offered 5 red orbs too!) but on the Soren banner I get...

Lewyn... Just, why? Its my first Lewyn and whilst I am veyr temted to fodder his special spiral to my recent Ophelia, I think I'lll keep him around.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Redeemed from the seasonal freebies: +Spd/-Def L!Azura!

Was basically wanting anything but Lyn but hell yeah I'll take that!

Status
Not open for further replies.