• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wave 3
Free DLC

• New playable character: Jeritza (certain routes only)
  • New support conversations [presumably featuring Jeritza]
  • New activities
  • New online features
Paid DLC

• New playable character: Anna
  • New monastery facilities
  • New online [features?]
  • Anna and Jeritza paralogue
  • New quests (around 10)
  • New activities: Sauna [who didn't see this coming?], playing with dogs and cats(!)
  • New costumes: Maid, Butler and more
  • New battalions: Maid and Butler
Wave 4
Paid DLC

• Side story: Abyss Mode
  • New playable characters: Juris, Balthazar, Constanze and Javi [tentative translations]
  • New support conversations
  • New monastery facilities
  • New online features
  • New classes (4)
  • New enemy monsters
  • New hero relics
  • New paralogues
  • New quests
  • New battalions
  • New gambits
  • New costumes for Byleth (male), Byleth (female) and Sothis

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so they're fixing parts of Crimson Flower post launch.

Really wish I knew that before making it my first route.

Jaktagious

May 29, 2018
Well that sounds awesome! I'm only 2 chapters in to my final playthrough, I'm gonna hold off now and just wait for wave three since I was getting burnt out anyways.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
DLC from Wave 4 sounds like something completely new. Bet it's a prequel story during or shortly after the time of Nemesis.

Thank god they expand activities and the stuff you can do in the monastery.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is Abyss mode a new difficulty? Sounds like the super hard Abyssal difficultly used in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Also I might have to do a new BE-E route for playable Jeritza. I always thought it was weird how he just disappears in that route.

Yay for Anna as well.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to slaughter folks with a brigade of serving staff and quip "The Butler did it after all."

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Glad Anna is coming. Jeritza feels like he'll help fill some major gaps in but fuck that dude.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Abyss mode a new difficulty? Sounds like the super hard Abyssal difficultly used in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Also I might have to do a new BE-E route for playable Jeritza. I always thought it was weird how he just disappears in that route.

Yay for Anna as well.

Abyss Mode sounds like the name of the story content of Wave 4.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sucks that this is DLC. I bought the season pass and I welcome new content, but this game is so long that I'll probably never touch any of this stuff by the time it comes out.

I'm already starting to get burnt out (90 hours in) on my second playthrough because of how similar the routes are, at least before the skip.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Sucks that this is DLC. I bought the season pass and I welcome new content, but this game is so long that I'll probably never touch any of this stuff by the time it comes out.
To me it's something for next year. I've played through Golden Deer on hard and I'm now going through Black Eagles E on maddening (new game). If the wave 4 dlc is any good I will go through Blue Lions on new game+ next year.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
I wonder if we'll have some new super difficult maps, like Apotheosis in Awakening that would be cool.

Also Lysithea and Jeritza support needs to happen for the memes.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

I'm already starting to get burnt out (90 hours in) on my second playthrough because of how similar the routes are, at least before the skip.

Wave 4 is iirc next year. So play some games in between. That's what i do after my current playthrough is done.

Jeritza not joining you is one of the missed opportunities of the crimson flower route, and a pretty major thing involving him and another character just happens off screen.

Wouldn't he join BE-E as the Death Knight though?

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Are the models even enough high quality to be decent Sauna models? lmao

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Glad they made Jeritza free dlc, how he gets completely forgotten in some routes is comical.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Its funny how many spanish sounding names they have added to the characters of this game. Javi seems to follow that trend lol

I thought the new characters where going to be old fire emblem characters who roled as foreign students, that seem like a super fun idea playing with new designs and stupid fun support convos. Sad to see they are just new characters. New character are great when already build in the game, but for dlc i wanted more funny stuff that things that change the story.

Seems Jeritza was cut becuase of time.
I wonder who will use the store i anna is a new student (or will probably just be a academy companion like the other characters).

Deleted member 32106

Banned
Nov 9, 2017

Yay for Anna as well.
It said "side story: abyss mode" in Japanese text.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Abyss Mode sounds like the name of the story content of Wave 4.
I thought so initially as well, it's just the name being so similar to the naming convention of Abyssal difficultly threw me for a loop. You're most likely right considering it comes with 4 new characters.

I guess this kills any hope for a "golden" route, which works for me considering how contrived Fates Revelations was.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Jeritza not joining you is one of the missed opportunities of the crimson flower route, and a pretty major thing involving him and another character just happens off screen.
I love how Edelgard said she will explain why Death Knight is now on their side when they appear as reinforcement, only to never speak of him again.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Maid costumes. Fuck off.

Some of the other stuff sounds good, but CHRIST. Can we just not with the maid shit?

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Welp, looks like I'm playing it a fourth time after my Blue Lions campaign.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
"4 new classes"

Hopefully we get more Master classes out of this. There's some glaring builds that don't get a master class equivalent.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Glad that I decided to not play the edelgard route on my first playthrough

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I can see two of those classes being the flying mages, Malig Knight on a Wyvern, Dark Flier on a Pegasus.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Do we know the delivery date for the DLC waves? Looks like I'll be holding off on my replay of CF on Maddening for the Jeritza DLC.