dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I really don't feel like playing the other routes for this game. This wasn't one of my favorite FE games. Sad to say.
I think I preferred the more straight forward play style of the older games.
Running around the monastery really got tedious and boring for me. Sucks because I sunk 100+ hours into awakening, fates, and even echos.

Sorbete

Oct 30, 2017
playing with cats and dogs.... wish devs wouldn't waste time and resources in this stuff

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
So is the sauna the classier equivalent of beach-like addition lol

Also lil disappointed that the new story is not prequel. Sounds like it'll still take place in the same time period. Was hoping for a XC2 Torna style addition but maybe that would be too long.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted the students to dress like a biker gang, maids and butlers are boring and stereotypical. The amount of new characters seems quite low, I was expecting the story stuff to have practically a new house worth of characters

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
Can't say I'm psyched about the prospect of a sauna or maid costumes, but the Jeritza and side story stuff is interesting. "Abyss Mode" and the list of new playable characters really scream TWSID.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Playable Jeritza, YES. Will be great motivation to go back to Crimson Flower on Maddening. Still hoping they add cutscenes to the route as well.

I don't get the new side story thing. Is it just a new difficulty or is it a new story?

Also regarding new playable characters, Juris wouldn't be Judith by chance? And the others, can anyone confirm if they're characters that show up as NPCs already?

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I do hope that Jeritza is recruitable in other routes besides CF, the other one that would make the most sense is AM
you'd probably have to talk to him with Mercedes either during Chapter 12 or Chapter 20, but 20 seems to late for a recruit, its probably only CF to make up for losing characters

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna get nitpicky here but I really don't like that they're turning Anna into a full-blown playable character in recent Fire Emblem. I always prefer if she remains a mysterious NPC that just somehow became a recurring character in the franchise. It kinda takes something away from her for me.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
the battallion filled with maids and buttles makes so much sense! it would fit right with Ferdinand von Aegir and Lorenz Goulcester

All the other addition sound excellent and more than worth the price of the Season Pass.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Its funny how many spanish sounding names they have added to the characters of this game. Javi seems to follow that trend lol
Yep: Manuela, Mercedes, Javi... Please add some Mariano to the game.

Overall I like the new inclusions but... as I'm in my 2nd run (BL) it's kind of annoying that they have kept several big features as DLC. And as I've completed BE-E, I'm kind of disappointed with the Jeritza thing being post-launch DLC.

Also maids and butlers seem like the worst idea ever, as Fates has showed us, and I hope none of the 4 new classes are silly maid/butler/bride nonsense. Except you can make Manuela a bride of course.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They could've done some real wacky and interesting new costumes for DLC, but instead we get maid and butler. Yawn.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I'm gonna get nitpicky here but I really don't like that they're turning Anna into a full-blown playable character in recent Fire Emblem. I always prefer if she remains a mysterious NPC that just somehow became a recurring character in the franchise. It kinda takes something away from her for me.

I agree, her playable appearances have made her really annoying and gimmicky. The only playable version of her that isn't like that is in Heroes. Hoping 3H will avoid memeing her too much.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You people did read that little part after "Jeritza"? "Certain routes".

I doubt it's BE-E ... i assume that route would have a ... different ... "hero".

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Yep: Manuela, Mercedes, Javi... Please add some Mariano to the game.

Overall I like the new inclusions but... as I'm in my 2nd run (BL) it's kind of annoying that they have kept several big features as DLC. And as I've completed BE-E, I'm kind of disappointed with the Jeritza thing being post-launch DLC.

Also maids and butlers seem like the worst idea ever, as Fates has showed us, and I hope none of the 4 new classes are silly maid/butler/bride nonsense. Except you can make Manuela a bride of course.
And the cool thing is that the japanese dub and the english dub try to prnounce the names in the spanish way isntead of the english one, which could be a possibility for things like Mercedes.
I really hope they say Javi and not yavi or some shit like that lol I will send it to my cousin with the same name.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
All this sounds really great.

I'll definitely take my Butler Hubert and Maid Petra. Jeritza finally being a playable character and not just disappearing in some routes sounds good too, as well as new monastery activities.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Everyone's saying that Jeritza would be playable on Crimson Flower, which is fair, but what about

Azure Moon? I could see "save Emile" being a subplot. The article does apparently say "routes" plural
Edit: And let's be real, Mercedes is 100% one of those Jeritza supports

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
They could've done some real wacky and interesting new costumes for DLC, but instead we get maid and butler. Yawn.
Did you miss the "and more..." bit?

There goes my hopes for a fifth, True Ending route :(
???

Why would they add a True Ending route as DLC after a lof of people complained about Revelations and went "I had to pay for a True Ending" and all the effort they went to make each route valid story-wise?

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
I actually wonder if Jeritza would be recruitable on everything except Edelgard's route.

The Mercedes/Caspar paralouge is the obvious one to have him join in or make a sequel paralouge to, but it's not available on Crimson Flower.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I find it kind of annoying that this adds so much stuff to the existing routes, makes me want to stop playing now and wait.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
And the cool thing is that the japanese dub and the english dub try to prnounce the names in the spanish way isntead of the english one, which could be a possibility for things like Mercedes.
I really hope they say Javi and not yavi or some shit like that lol I will send it to my cousin with the same name.
I love how Hanneman says "Manuela-kuuun" all the time.

I also know some Mercedes and Javis (a lot in fact) and I love how Annete calls Mercedes "メーチェ Mēche. , Meche. " or somethings like that, that sounds a lot like "Merche". It's just perfect.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I'm more curious about the new story content and wonder how long it is. Hoping for new maps with unique objectives. No more reused maps, that was my major disappointment with this game.

Oct 27, 2017
Did you miss the "and more..." bit?

???

Why would they add a True Ending route as DLC after a lof of people complained about Revelations and went "I had to pay for a True Ending" and all the effort they went to make each route valid story-wise?

The criticism about paying for the true ending was valid, but I still feel like even with Three Houses there is a sense of "some routes are more valid than others." Hence why I would like one.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm glad that Jeritza will have the chance to be more than a non-character with this. Easily the worst handled sub-plot of the entire game. Would that they would flesh out all the non-Edelgard villains, really. They were very throw away.

Hopefully "Abyss Mode" (presumably the story DLC?) will be good and meaty.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jeritza being playable in certain routes is nice, and looks like the wave 4 DLC will have a good amount of content. Looking forward to it.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll finish the 4th difficulty that was datamined once all of the content is in the game. I generally think this type of adding new quests to a branching story game like this kind of doesn't fit well, and I wish more of the resources would go into fleshing out the "abyss mode".