• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Maybe someone can help me find a substitute for Remove It Permanently. I used to make heavy use of this extension and it drives me bonkers not having it.

And also make custom scripts work in Tampermonkey. It works when I download a script from userscripts.org, but none of the scripts I wrote myself do anything. The Tampermonkey menu does say that it's on and that a script is active for a website, but nothing happens. Not even a script only containing a simple alert("script running"); does anything.

Tampermonkey turned to crap with FF57. I'm now using Violentmonkey instead and everything work wonders.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Firefox, default zoom...please. You have had YEARS to implement this.

And yes i know addons, but im tired of them breaking.
Default zoom's been there for years. Hamburger menu > click the zoom percentage to reset to 100% zoom. Or press Ctrl+0.
Unless you meant changing the default zoom...

spool

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason I thought uBlock was some ad blocking thing. It seems to do the job, even though I'd have liked a feature to block parent items. Sucks that I've lost hundreds of rules, but at least I have something to build on again. Starting with Era, those thread sorting boxes need to go away.

And I fucking finally realized that it was NoScript that was breaking my own scripts. Wanting to script some to fix shady websites requires you to let through every script that same shady website wants to run. I suppose this isn't a new issue, just not one I've been thinking about for quite a while. Oh well.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Finally updated today due to the whole meltdown thing, good bye classic theme restorer.
I forgot how much I dislike always visible tab bar above the address bar.

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
I've completely made the switch on my Windows desktop and actually started using it on my Mac for the synchronization and everything.
However I have one issue and that's with YouTube.
YT doesn't remember if I'm using the dark theme or not (defaults to white) and the autoplay check keeps enabling itself. Anyone else have this issue?

Aside from that I'm super glad to be using FF again. Good shit.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've been using Firefox since 57 came out and I'm running into a maddening issue that is on the verge of forcing me back to Chrome. On some sites, mainly forums (including here), some images embedded from outside sources such as imgur and other hosts do not show up inline, or show up as a single pixel on screen. If I highlight the pixel and do "view selection source" I can see the image URL and paste it into my browser to view it that way.

It seems that disabling the Content Security Policy fixes this, but that also seems like it could be dangerous. Is there any other way around the issue, like being able to whitelist certain sites? It seems like this used to be a feature of Firefox but may have been removed in 57.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I've been using Firefox since 57 came out and I'm running into a maddening issue that is on the verge of forcing me back to Chrome. On some sites, mainly forums (including here), some images embedded from outside sources such as imgur and other hosts do not show up inline, or show up as a single pixel on screen. If I highlight the pixel and do "view selection source" I can see the image URL and paste it into my browser to view it that way.

It seems that disabling the Content Security Policy fixes this, but that also seems like it could be dangerous. Is there any other way around the issue, like being able to whitelist certain sites? It seems like this used to be a feature of Firefox but may have been removed in 57.
You really shouldn't have to disable CSP for stuff like this to work.
I assume you've tried to toggle extensions to verify that none of them is causing this?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like when you set the cookie parameter to "conserve until you close the browser", it deletes even the cookies for the websites for which you put an exemption rule. That sucks.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like when you set the cookie parameter to "conserve until you close the browser", it deletes even the cookies for the websites for which you put an exemption rule. That sucks.
were the cookie exemptions added before or after you set the cookie parameters? if after, try reverting to default behavior, re-adding the cookie exemptions, and then change to "conserve until you close the browser".

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
were the cookie exemptions added before or after you set the cookie parameters? if after, try reverting to default behavior, re-adding the cookie exemptions, and then change to "conserve until you close the browser".
Tried that. I even deleted the existing cookies to be on the safe side. It doesn't change anything.

oh well

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Asked awhile ago, but asking again in hopes of new news...

Any replacement for Pick And Save Images? Was handy for snagging album-art from fan-sites, and would love to use something like that again.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that prevents me using Quantum full-time are the lack of good "Save image in..." and Download Statusbar replacements. The former has a addon that only works with Simlinks on the HDD and the latter has WX Statusbar which works fine on my Mac but for some reason is very inconsistent in Windows :/

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Might have been answered, but is there any way of forcing the images to load before any scrolling is done?

Going to the latest post on this forum is proving REALLY annoying because of the way it works by default.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

I think that is an https issue. Some embeds on https websites don't work because the embed is not using a secure connection so it gets blocked. I personally haven't seen this issue myself but have had issues with Content Security Policy for twitter video embeds (which now seems to be fixed). Perhaps using HTTPS everywhere extension as a solution, it is maintained by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and has https policies to make sites work correctly.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Does anyone else find it impossible to log in to the Playstation Store on FF Quantum?
When I press the "sign in" button the bar where it's located reloads and that's it. No prompts etc.
The site is whitelisted in ublock/noscript, tried with noscript disabled as well.
As for FF options, added the exceptions to cookies and tried with the "block popups" option disabled.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else find it impossible to log in to the Playstation Store on FF Quantum?
When I press the "sign in" button the bar where it's located reloads and that's it. No prompts etc.
The site is whitelisted in ublock/noscript, tried with noscript disabled as well.
As for FF options, added the exceptions to cookies and tried with the "block popups" option disabled.

Hmm it works for me on the German PSN store atleast :/ Have you tried it in Firefox SafeMode?

Dogtato-kun

Oct 27, 2017
I just tried it, and I had to allow cookies for sonyentertainmentnetwork.com in umatrix, but it seemed to work fine after that. I'm not using noscript at the moment, and I didn't have to do anything with ublock or FF options.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Hmm it works for me on the German PSN store atleast :/ Have you tried it in Firefox SafeMode?
I just tried it, and I had to allow cookies for sonyentertainmentnetwork.com in umatrix, but it seemed to work fine after that. I'm not using noscript at the moment, and I didn't have to do anything with ublock or FF options.
Looked into it some more - temporarily disabled ublock/noscript but it didn't help.
In the end changing the "Accept third-party cookies" setting from "Never" to From Visited" solved my problem. I wish there was a setting to allow 3rd party cookies only from certain websites - adding "sonyentertainmentnetwork.com" to the exception list from the setting above what I changed didn't do anything so I guess I'm stuck with "From Visited".

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Looked into it some more - temporarily disabled ublock/noscript but it didn't help.
In the end changing the "Accept third-party cookies" setting from "Never" to From Visited" solved my problem. I wish there was a setting to allow 3rd party cookies only from certain websites - adding "sonyentertainmentnetwork.com" to the exception list from the setting above what I changed didn't do anything so I guess I'm stuck with "From Visited".

Ah so that was the issue. I looked around and sadly it seems that addons no longer have access to cookies so there can't be a Cookie Whitelist addon either.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Just updated to the latest version now I've seen how to get my tabs back on the bottom of the bar instead of at the top. Only one old extension of mine doesn't work which is a shame but not a big deal. There is an issue though, I can no longer see embedded tweets here. I've tried manually disabling all my addons but still nothing BUT when I start in safemode then the tweets show up and I don't know why it works when Firefox disables them but not me. I've turned them all off, restarted, checked they were still off, no tweets but when I "restart with addons disabled" from the Help menu then it works.

EDIT: OK, searching through the thread for "tweet" and I eventually found a post that referenced Tweets working fine but tracking protection can break it so I turned it off and it worked. Weird. I dunno if I had tracking protection on or off in my older version but when doing the setup of this new one I went through all the options and decided to turn it on. At least now I know why they wouldn't show up.

EDIT2: Ok, today they are back to not working. Even with the tracking protection off. But again, they work in safe mode. I don't know why they started working then stopped...

Last edited:

mintylurb

Oct 25, 2017
I had 8 tabs open and ff quacktum was eating up 16 GB of memory.. I knew it was memory hungry but not this much.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I installed some custom css bc I wanted to move the address bar, but it changed a lot of other stuff and I was too lazy to go in an disable it all, so I just deleted the whole folder I had to add to it.
But now some elements of default FF57 still look weird. Like some buttons have a weird chrome on them, or look too big. Did I do something wrong?

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Off-Main-Thread Painting is pretty cool. Well done.
Looking forward to when they implement GPU rendering (WebRender); that'll be amazing.

On Firefox 58 I'm getting much better VSync performance than I used to; 60FPS videos no longer drop to 30FPS randomly. I still get occasional stutters, but I can put up with that for now.

OP
OP
Vanillalite

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly FF59 aka the next stable release is the target for Web Render. Obviously that could change if it's not bug free though.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Any compatibility issues with updating to 58? The only hacky thing I did was to set up a local configuration workaround to allow the new tab page to be a local .html file.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had 8 tabs open and ff quacktum was eating up 16 GB of memory.. I knew it was memory hungry but not this much.
This was happening with me recently as well. It would use up like 95% of my memory and then lock-up. I'd hover my mouse over buttons and they'd react like I'm hovering over them, but I'd click on them and nothing would happen. I'd have to close FF from the Task Manager. Pretty annoyed that this is going on since Quantum's been out for a bit now and I haven't had any problems until now.