• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
5AMJfBY.jpg

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The whole clip is definitely being built up as Avengers going in half cocked and getting their asses handed to them by Thanos. That's what it feels like to me. Tony no where in the scene and it's implied that Rocket and Nebula are in the scene as well.
Or they "beat" him but it turns out to be a reality stone illusion

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The whole clip is definitely being built up as Avengers going in half cocked and getting their asses handed to them by Thanos. That's what it feels like to me. Tony no where in the scene and it's implied that Rocket and Nebula are in the scene as well.

this feels like it's pre-Tony rescue, so Nebula would be with him.

Where IS Rocket tho?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
this feels like it's pre-Tony rescue, so Nebula would be with him.

Where IS Rocket tho?
This is the scene they showed at a press conference only its a condensed version of it. In the original, Rocket is the one who points out the energy signature and Nebula tells them that Thanos is in his "Garden". We don't know where Tony is at the moment.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I stand corrected then hmm. Well, seeing as a lot of people are saying this leads to the title card, that would be a LATE ASS title card, which I would very much aprove of.

Me likey late title cards :p

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Or they kill him but the stones are destroyed so they can't undo anything. So the "victory" ends up just being hollow and vengeful instead of heroic.
I hope it's this. Seeing the Avengers lose AGAIN in the first third of the movie would just be repetitive. They should win and realize they can't do shit with that, move on with their lives for what, 5 years? until Ant-Man shows up, then fix shit another way.

Why would Thanos defeat them once again and let them live? Nah...

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the scene they showed at a press conference only its a condensed version of it. In the original, Rocket is the one who points out the energy signature and Nebula tells them that Thanos is in his "Garden". We don't know where Tony is at the moment.

Presumably recovering. Nebula might be able to survive extended periods of time with minimal food and water but Tony can't. He might even be totally out for the count for a few days while Rocket fixes up the ship so they can actually use it.

Then they get there and the planet is orbited by the dead fleets of countless worlds that also found Thanos and tried to get revenge in the last few days, only to reach the planet's surface and find a dying Thanos - the Snap already took more out of him than he could manage, but several days of constant fighting has drained him of what little life he had left.

So when he spots the heroes and immediately knows why they're there, his final act is one of spite - destroying the Infinity Gems so they can't undo the Snap.

Damn that'd be cool.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I know it's not the character but Brie is just such a charm a warm,charming person and that's what makes her so endearing. I wish Carol was like that.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
*all the super-heroes men of the MCU minus Captain America being arrogant*
"Ahahah ! That's my dudes ! I love those fuckers lmao, they're the best"

*Most powerful super hero of the MCU being arrogant, but wait she's a woman*
"Is she that annoying in the comic book ? Jeez, get back on earth, girl, because you're wrecking our balls right now"

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
She had moments like that in her own movie

I did not care for CM at all. It was a film. That said , she's capable of way more emotions and nuance than she's shown as Carol so far, she's a legitimately fantastic actress. I'm just going by what I've seen so far, I have faith they'll develop her. I just want more parts of what what I love about Brie to shine through in Carol. I would love to see her develop and exude more of an obvious warmth for everyone, especially if she's going to be the "head" avenger going forward.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I did not care for CM at all. It was a film. That said , she's capable of way more emotions and nuance than she's shown as Carol so far, she's a legitimately fantastic actress. I'm just going by what I've seen so far, I have faith they'll develop her.

Doesn't change what I said lol

I just want more parts of what what I love about Brie to shine through in Carol. I would love to see her develop and exude more of an obvious warmth for everyone, especially if she's going to be the "head" avenger going forward.

They can do whatever what they want, but I don't feel that she needs to be like that with "everyone" whatsoever, but to each their own. Being the head Avenger doesn't really necessitate that either.

Any particular moments that stand out?

Pretty much all her scenes with Monica for one

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much all her scenes with Monica for one

Felt like it was Monica and Maria being warm, charming, and endearing in those scenes. Carol was kind of just looking at them and taking it all in. When she let Monica pick out her colors was all I recall of her joining in on the warmth or whatever.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Felt like it was Monica and Maria being warm, charming, and endearing in those scenes. Carol was kind of just looking at them and taking it all in.

I mean just off the top of my head, the scene where he chooses her new color scheme says otherwise.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
From a Miltwitter account that I follow.

Which raises a good point. Carol and Rhodey could be contemporaries, so she's probably very familiar with senior Air Force Officers like Rhodes using her gender and apparent youth to condescend to her by calling her "New Girl". Even though she's been active as a superhero for roughly a decade longer than he has.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
From a Miltwitter account that I follow.

Which raises a good point. Carol and Rhodey could be contemporaries, so she's probably very familiar with senior Air Force Officers like Rhodes using her gender and apparent youth to condescend to her by calling her "New Girl". Even though she's been active as a superhero for roughly a decade longer than he has.

This is an excellent point.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I think Captain Marvel's best friend and daughter got taken away with the snap, and that's why she's acting a little extra. Also, considering what she can do, it makes sense why she wouldn't take shit from scrubs 😂

Oct 25, 2017
Taking back my original post.

You can see how some people are reacting to this clip on youtube. It's amazing how people get up in arms about one little line.

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, War Machine is wack. She should have given him a wedgie or something when he got sassy with her.

But like. I understand the scene. It's a tense scene. Everyone is on edge. I don't mind Rhodey being a bit testy with her and her being snarky back. They have ALL lost something.

But for people to get up in arms over this? She's probably saved, liberated, and helped countless worlds. Why should she be hesitant to fight one fucking titan.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
But like. I understand the scene. It's a tense scene. Everyone is on edge. I don't mind Rhodey being a bit testy with her and her being snarky back. They have ALL lost something.

But for people to get up in arms over this? She's probably saved, liberated, and helped countless worlds. Why should she be hesitant to fight one fucking titan.
BECAUSE SHE HASN'T EARNED IT AND SHOULD KNOW HER PLACE!

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
I hope Captain Marvel gets to meet and work together with her future GF Valkyrie. The wingman of lesbians, Thor, should make it happen.

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
Please, tell me more.
I just told you silly
Did you even watch her movie? lmaooooo
I remember her being rude
Honestly can't tell is this is serious or not
I feel like it's obvious, but ambiguity is always nice
It is very unrealistic. I hadn't thought about that angle. Shit.
Thank you I'm glad someone gets it.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017

She didn't seem snarky there to me. That was an honest answer to his question.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think people can really fathom the idea that out of all people Fury called, aka that guy who literally hangs with gods, it was her. That's how insanely powerful she is that when shit was going down, she was his last resort. And she arrived in short order while likely seeing the destruction that was caused. It'd be like if a dude had superman on speed dial.