• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
AuflRY3.png

Looks like official images and not just generic mockup of the long rumoured Xbox Cloud streaming box and a surprise Xbox handheld.

Thought it deserved its own thread.

Found by Lightning

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
I feel like there were reports that the cloud streaming box was scrapped? Handheld is very interesting to me though.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Handheld was almost definitely scrapped in favour of supporting the third party PC handhelds, which is a shame. Would have been nice to see something more official.

beebop

May 30, 2023
It explicitly says they're not making a first party handheld. Y'all need to chill lol

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
Those are absolutely mock-ups. If the hybrid console is due in 2028, they won't have a final design at this point.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Where is all this info coming from? Woke up tonsee the front page littered with Phils secrets lol.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
FTC fucked up and made public a confidential document.
Massive yikers! I feel dirty reading all this lol. A handheld MS device could be really cool as a bit plus of my Steam Deck is getting to play MS games...still not convinced those are official and not just potential concepts that maybe have had some RnD go into them.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I think it's real

Next gen

Xbox portable with an S profile (1080p screen)

Xbox home console with an X profile (4K all the bells and whistles)

GamerEDM

May 7, 2020
i need to go to sleep stop with the september E3 reveals

update: im going to sleep please dont announce anything new till i wake up

Last edited:

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the entire Pic. Just looks like a image of the "handheld pc category" that Xbox pc games can be played on.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure the handheld is neccessarily an Xbox device, but seeing everything else is a graphic drawing compared to most things possibly?
That new Elite controller does seem new too. Sigh, just as I invested in a new one. The middle button seems aligned to the buttons next to it, and there isn't a ridge at the top, the two shoulder buttons seem more pronounced. Curious to hear if anything else is different about that. Adaptive triggers would be particularly great, but.. does it make sense to make them mid gen, would developers even support it? Otherwise interesting the other leaked controller is being seen as a new tier between Core and Elite.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
So FTC just decided to go full scorched earth and push MS's internal roadmaps and plans into public domain? :D

So many threads today popping off because all MS's internal strategic documents getting posted to public domain.

ajoshi

Sep 11, 2021
new Elite really needs hall effect + shoulder button redesign (and personally i would rather they just do away with the rubber for the standard Series controller texture), on top of whatever else theyre doing.

edit nvm theyre gonna fund more head ass color skus for standard and next controller before they get around to a new Elite

beebop

May 30, 2023
Yes. I agree. But handheld is not in scope for 2023. It's a gap.

If it's definitively not happening, it won't be on the slide.
That's what I mean. The goal is to lead the market by 2030. To do that they commit to penetrating the handheld market, but they're saying they won't do it with their own device (i.e. they'll support the Ally etc., hence turning up at their launch)

Status
Not open for further replies.