• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
We went to a lot of drive in ones when was little, but the first theater one may have been Star Wars which my father took me to see when it came out. I was four.

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
101 dalmatians.What a pile of crap.

p18759_p_v8_ae.jpg

Last edited:

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 199X, can't remember what year but very early 90's, maybe even 89 possibly actually... I should really just google it lol. Ahh it was 1990 in UK.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Jurassic Park is the first I can remember. Unforgettable to see as a kid. I got obsessed with dinos after seeing it, like many others I bet.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
That I can remember is either Terminator 2 or Jurassic Park. Seems I would have been around 3 when T2 released so probably JP?

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
My parents told me it was the original Superman at a Drive-in, back when those were a thing. First one I can actually remember was Lady and the Tramp, I think.

tino

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a Japanese film call "Being Two isn't Easy" (1962), you can guess why I remember it.

I actually have no idea what was the plot since I was two, I think I will find it and watch it with my son when he is two.

I do remember the smell of the theater seat so I would say it qualified the first film I saw.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The Empire Strikes Back in the 90s. Most likely a re-release due to the special editions coming out.

The cinema I saw it at is now a Sainsburys. The sands of time are cruel, it was a beautiful cinema.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Batman Forever it was one of the rare times my dad actually took me somewhere when it was his weekend to deal with me. That Halloween he got me a riddler costume I never got to wear....asshole.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Inspector_gadget_ver2.jpg

1999. Inspector Gadget. I was 7 years old. I saw it at a Missouri theater, later that day we went to some park where the Batcopter from Batman 66' was dropping ping pong balls out of the sky for some sort of raffle.

Last edited:

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
The first one I remember seeing is The Lion King. Not sure if there was one before that.

The Phantom Menace was my first midnight movie (throwing this one in there since I can't remember my first movie theater snack).

vider

Oct 27, 2017
Slovenia
Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I was 6 and I basically don't remember anything about the movie, because I never saw it since.

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly, it was George of the Jungle, but it's not like I remember anything more of the movie than the commercials on Disney VHSes.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
My mother took me to watch Star Wars when the movies were re-released in the theaters, I was about 7 years old.
She told me I stood up the entire time and wouldn't stop talking about it afterwards.

I still love Star Wars to this day.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the first movie i saw without a chaperone in the theater, i still remember my mom dropping me off at our local 2 screen ...
61RLRZnbc%2BL._SY550_.jpg

nnex

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it wasn't the first film I ever saw in the theater, but Masters of the Universe, which has surprisingly been mentioned multiple times already in this thread, is the first film I remember. I walked away pretty confused since it was quite a bit different from the animated series.

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie also came to mind, haha. It came out like two weeks after Masters though.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Aladdin
Ace Ventura
The Lion King

I think that's the order they released in. First three, loved them all.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
My dad says Masters of the Universe, but I was only a few months old when that came out.

Earliest I remember might be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Deleted member 17630

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LionKing_resize990__1_.jpg

The Lion King is the first one I think. I ran out of the theater because I hated the noise. I was like 4.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Weekend at Bernies 2. Was probably around 8-10 years old and my older cousins took me. I loved it.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
the ending of Free Willy is the earliest thing I remember from a theater I was like 5-6
last time I went to a theater was 12 years ago.