• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
It was either The Secret of the Sword or
Mazinger Z vs the General of Darkness back in Mexico City in the mid 80's.
Live action movie it was probably Burton's Batman, then Back to the Future 3 or Robocop 2.
Can't remember further back.

Last edited:

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
When I was 4 years old, my parents took me to see Xuxa's Lua de Cristal in the theater. Now that's not embarrassing at all.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Hook was the first movie I distinctly remember seeing when it was actually new in theaters, though I remember seeing later runs of Jungle Book and Land Before Time years before then.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I probably saw another before this but the first movie I remember seeing in the theater was Star Wars Ep. 4. I must have been when the first movie came back to theaters in the early 80's or late 70's. I was real scared of the trash compactor scene.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
The Care Bear Movie, followed shortly by Amadeus. My mom covered my eyes during the attempted suicide scene but I was allowed to stand on my chair and conduct with the music.

Akalance

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
I don't remember my first, but I do remember seeing A New Hope for the first time at a single screen theater called The Devon and it left an impression.

It's a church now (Marquee and everything)

devon1-300x225.jpg

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm honestly not sure what the first film I saw in the cinema was, but it was either Aladdin or The Lion King... I think.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
E.T and then Return of the Jedi a year later. I was only 4 at E.T but I can still remember going and particularly remember wearing an Oscar the grouch shirt.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The earliest one I can remember is Milo & Otis.

Learning about the production of that film after I grew up was....somewhat depressing.