Is that a$ap rocky in the pic? Lol looking forward to seeing gameplay

Yes, the car that used in the keyart is actually his real car

ezutw6t6gtr910sd3l.jpg

They also used one of his songs in the Twitter teaser they posted for the game

View: https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed/status/1577328015838969856

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozz2D20rsL8

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
I'm digging it. I don't know why some of you are hating. At least they're trying something different.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
i for one am very excited to see what this actually looks like , give me high speed impact frames theres nothing like Auto Modellista besides the initial D games
in anime street racing and i need it
i still enjoyed the other games despite how flawed they are mostly because of modding fans making them far better than the base games

give me all the weeb car Wraps they won't be 90% from players anymore

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
I wouldn't call that anime style.
Can't stand those character models, looks cringe.

But I'll have to see it in action

Nov 20, 2017
UK
Soooo is it going to be set in Japan? Or Japanese racers in America?

Some of the images look like American cities but you can't really see much to tell definitively

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
I kinda like the new style
Soooo is it going to be set in Japan? Or Japanese racers in America?

Some of the images look like American cities but you can't really see much to tell definitively

Someone in the other thread said it's rumored to be set in Chicago, which I can definitely see in these screenshots.

tchp2gzuf0s9123fj0.jpg

Lower Wacker Dr in the first image is where a lot of illegal street racing is happening in Chicago right now.

View: https://youtu.be/QZFUfHjtd4I?t=169

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Wish they'd go for full cel shading. Like go for it man, we don't get enough hyper stylized games these days.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
A good artistic call already. I've never seen this site give half this much attention to a NFS game, and this is 4 images.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
The cars looks great, not so into the look of the characters I've seen so far. Way too realistic for the cellshaded style, should have made them more cartoon/anime looking.

Art_3

Banned
Aug 30, 2022
This is so tacky,NFS nowadays reminds me of the Tony Hawk games when they started declining,throwing shit at the wall hoping it sticks.
Sorry if that sounds harsh but they've been stumbling with this franchise since MW2012

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the more I see, the more I get hyped! Can't wait for tomorrow's reveal! Happy to see another Criterion game! <3

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
I like the art style, but I'd prefer it go the more arcadey route of Most Wanted (Or go all in on a new Burnout Paradise like experience). Im not a huge fan of more sim like nature of Heat (even though Heat seems like a middle ground between arcadey and sim)

I guess this is a Criterion developed title? So I'd love if they go back to Burnout Paradise... but i'd settle for the speed and arcade handling of Most Wanted too. I also prefer finding vehicles in the world versus having to purchase them... was not a fan of earning money to unlock better gear for my vehicle, very much prefer the tiers of events from Most Wanted that unlocked things.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
for those that missed it, because I sure did... here is the translation of that store page.

Beat the clock, outsmart the cops, and compete in weekly qualifiers for Lakeshore's ultimate street racing challenge: The Grand. Fill your garage with precision-tuned custom machines, put on your own style and exclusive looks, and light up the streets with a soundtrack that resonates from every corner of the world.

The world is your canvas:
Bringing graffiti to life in a completely new visual style, merging the latest street art with the most realistic cars in Need for Speed history. Access a new toolkit full of energetic visuals and sound effects, including Burst Nitrous, a new boost element for dizzying speed.

■ Display your full potential and express yourself:
Go to meetups and show off your style with many items, including limited edition gear, from the world's latest fashion. Then add the finishing touches to your car's style, transforming it with unique wraps and cut-out items to match your legendary custom car, and take the lead in races and put your winning pose above the competition.

■ Find freedom as it flows:
A soundtrack featuring pioneering artists in the contemporary HIPHOP scene, including A$AP Rocky and AWGE, delivering creative songs that transcend genre boundaries. The original music was produced by French producer Brodinsky. The songs, which are closely related to various HIPHOP expressions from around the world, embody the underground culture itself, which can be said to be the heart of Lake Shore.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Looks interesting. Can we please go back to the handling physics of Underground, Hot Pursuit 2, etc. I'm so sick of the cars handling like boats on land. I miss when arcade racers actually felt fun to play.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This is dope! Finally, a game for cool people.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
The fact that this is Criterion means I'm in! Been far, far too long since they've put something out with their name on it. Hopeful for this one.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017

• Carbon: Short, inferior sequel to Most Wanted with the pursuits (aka the best part) completely nullified. (Stopped when Stacked Deck came into play.)
  • ProStreet: Enjoyable, but legit track racing isn't what I come to Need for Speed for. (Currently replaying, might've gotten pretty far back in high school.)
  • Undercover: Most Wanted played straight, which no one wanted nor asked for. (Completed, it was 8 bucks and about to get delisted from Steam.)
  • Shift: See what I said about ProStreet. (Didn't play, this shit never looked interesting to me.)
  • Hot Pursuit '10: Burnout 3, but with neutered crashes in more boring locales. (Completed in a weekend.)
  • Shift 2: See what I said about ProStreet and the first Shift. (Like, we got GRID, we got Forza, why does Shift exist?)
  • The Run: Extremely short campaign that took itself way too seriously and had maybe two or three memorable setpieces. (Completed in a weekend.)
  • Most Wanted '12: I finally understand what Burnout Paradise feels like for people who fucking hate Burnout Paradise. (Got about two hours deep into it on two separate occasions, uninstalled it both times.)
  • Rivals: Literally does not fucking work nowadays, I can't progress past the first hour without all my progress resetting. (Got my refund.)
  • Need for Speed '15: Let's ape what Underground did, except without any of the panache and make it always online so you can't even pause. Oh, and we'll limit you to four cars because fuck you. (Uninstalled within two hours.)
  • Payback: Let's saddle the same kinda po-faced campaign Undercover had some gacha bullshit. In your fully priced game. (Completed, but modded to make the gacha shit completely irrelevant.)
Like, Heat wins by default without me even getting into what I like about the game or what it got right, which in my opinion was a quite a bit for an arcady street racing game.