Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She apparently filmed most of it in her apartment to maintain social distancing.

www.usatoday.com

Sony's new PlayStation 5 video spot signals launch of new console system

Yes, the coronavirus pandemic has even affected video game launches, but the PlayStation 5 is still expected to be released this holiday season.

"More than 70 visual effects artists worked on the project"
Well this makes more sense now. Really good effort then, I'm sure it must have been a pain to make.

And my axe.

Oct 25, 2017

We need a new one of these that goes harder on the legacy of PlayStation or legacy characters in general.
Gabe Logan
Crash
Kratos
Young Solid Snake or Big Boss
Nathan Drake chatting with a Classic Lara Croft
Aloy
Claude Speed or Tommy Vercetti
Classic Jill Valentine
Ezio switched with Kassandra
Coud, Aerith, Tiffa, Tidus, Yuna or Sora

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
We thinking an early September Playstation direct thingy? release date and price reveal?

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I like Sony's more weird and unique ads, the double life one for the original Playstation will always be my favourite.

Here's an ad that came out earlier this year which is great imo.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Did you guys heard with a headphone/earbud?

fuck it does a world of difference

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Can't wait to see how the Dual Sense 5 actually feels to use. I fear it'll be used to its fullest in the first few games then just 1st party... Hopefully not though as it seems to have so much potential.

Yopis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
What a joke enough with the scattered drops of info. Stand by the product what's the fucking price and release date. This is beyond corny.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
I wish both Sony and Microsoft made a compromise and jointly announced that both consoles are 500 of your local currency and fuck that's it, pre-order now.

That's uh, illegal.

Agreed. Sony is the market leader, it's on them to "make themselves vulnerable" first. Microsoft is the underdog, they get to announce pricing later. That's why I'm waiting for Sony to break the silence, makes no sense for Microsoft to put themselves out there.

.....what?

"Controller"

very little about the console has been talked about since the showcase. Since then it's been about the controller

Some of these takes are incredibly vapid. The controller's a package deal with the console, and it's a significantly unique feature when comparing them to their competition. Marketing the controller is inherently marketing the console and it's exclusives, which, let's face it, are the only games guaranteed to make full use of the DualSense.

I'd actually argue getting devs and consumers excited about it directly via marketing is a great way to ensure third party devs pay more attention to the features available to them.

What a joke enough with the scattered drops of info. Stand by the product what's the fucking price and release date. This is beyond corny.

Not revealing the price until they're good and ready is them not standing behind the product? lol

Guys. Come on.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They seem really confident in the DualSense. Makes me eager to get my hands on it and see if its worth the hype.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry, there'll be an insider along in a minute to make sure things are all even.
Can't have any insider if Sony doesn't know either

tenor.gif

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Surprised to see it's the model with the disc drive featured tbh, I thought they would have gone with the slightly sleeker digital edition. Also, the positioning of the Dual Sense makes the console look massive.

That's because it is massive. Doesn't matter where you place the controller.

K7vSfuc.jpg

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
"Controller"

very little about the console has been talked about since the showcase. Since then it's been about the controller

Nonsense, with all due respect. They displayed the design of the console and a plethora of titles that benefited from the best showcase of next generation so far (the majority of the people think so). It makes perfect sense for them to emphasize the -potential -immersiveness of their controller and 3D audio solution. In fact, them investing in those areas and in the entire I/O subsystem will prove very advantageous, imo, and more than offset any slight resolution of frame rate deficiency...

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
That's because it is massive. Doesn't matter where you place the controller.

K7vSfuc.jpg
That size comparison looks a bit off, like the PS2 is too big and the PS4 is too small. But if it is accurate, the PS5 going to need to support at least one of PS2 or PS3 BC because I'm not going to have room for both, lol.

The ad actually has binaural/3D audio.
Yeah, there's some pretty sweet audio in there, didn't get to listen to it until you posted about it. It seems like there's some louder blanket effects that aren't really positioned (or just don't make sense to because the source is large), but it's definitely still worth putting on headphones for.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Nonsense, with all due respect. They displayed the design of the console and a plethora of titles that benefited from the best showcase of next generation so far (the majority of the people think so). It makes perfect sense for them to emphasize the -potential -immersiveness of their controller and 3D audio solution. In fact, them investing in those areas and in the entire I/O subsystem will prove very advantageous, imo, and more than offset any slight resolution of frame rate deficiency...
how is it nonsense. We had a presentation directly for the controller functions and a commercial about immersion from the controller since June. People buy consoles based on capabilities and games not the controller