• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I will try it but yeah, it's not going to stay on my XSS long. Hopefully that expansion drive has a good 30-50% off sale this holiday or they allow us to use usb SSDs for next gen games at some point in the future. I know I can transfer to usb hdd of course tho

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Does having the offline pack help the game when you have a slow connections or is it literally only used when you're completely offline?
If I was to guess I would imagine that the offline pack is the base , lowest level geometry and photogrammetry they can load in for the whole world and then it will load in higher resolution/ denser terrain and landmarks as it requires it for where you are , which go in over the top (if you are then connected)

I'd imagine if you don't have it installed it just loads in whatever it needs and that goes to cache.

Like when you zoom on on Google Earth and it hasn't loaded up the next level of tiles for what you are looking at.

Boogolo

Nov 1, 2020
I will try it but yeah, it's not going to stay on my XSS long. Hopefully that expansion drive has a good 30-50% off sale this holiday or they allow us to use usb SSDs for next gen games at some point in the future. I know I can transfer to usb hdd of course tho
I don't think they will ever allow USB SSD's for next gen games simply because USB transfer speeds aren't quick enough

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, 46gb for the primary install is way way smaller than I thought. the 100gb total is about where I thought it'd be.

Pretty much confirms that the entire earth is about 100gb in size with the right compression.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
I have the 200mb install, how do I preload the online and offline data?

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
if everything on earth is 97GB, how many gigs am I, as a single human being in this lonely rock in the middle of this vast uncaring universe

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah gonna remove that online mode. Dont need it. Offline mode is a "basic" version of map data if you internet drops or you just wanna play offline.

For example NY with online vs offline

480121390.jpg

480121406.jpg
Online only for me based on this.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Seems I can't download only the 46 gigs from my phone, it's all or nothing, gonna have to wait when I get home

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Is there a photomode in the game?

Saw some pictures on reddit that looked like photomode.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
What in the world? The game is 50 gigs + 120 gigs for the "data" folder on PC.

How is this so tiny in comparison?

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone have any great places to fly over to really showcase the games graphics? I played a little of it on pc back when it launched and basically flew over some pretty bland farmlands in the Chicago area lol. The trailers always make me jealous that i didn't get to see the game to its full potential.

Last edited:

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any great places to fly over to really shopwcase the games graphics? I played a little of it on pc back when it launched and basically flew over some pretty bland farmlands in the Chicago area lol. The trailers always make me jealous that i didn't get to see the game to its full potential.
Tokyo, NYC, LA, The Alps.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
It's kind of public knowledge by now: any GAAS title is going to require a ridiculous amount of gigs. Better brace yourselves, because I fully expect it to get worse as the generation goes on.
GAAS titles are actually usually quite the opposite.

unless we are actually taking GAAS as it should be which includes titles like FFXV, Cybperunk 2077 etc all of which dwarf even Flight Sim

Oct 12, 2020
Does anyone have any great places to fly over to really shopwcase the games graphics? I played a little of it on pc back when it launched and basically flew over some pretty bland farmlands in the Chicago area lol. The trailers always make me jealous that i didn't get to see the game to its full potential.

Come on over to the Pacific Northwest. I'll show you around. 😄

Pretty much set on my first flight attempt. A short jaunt between Vancouver and Victoria BC.

Porkepik

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have any great places to fly over to really showcase the games graphics? I played a little of it on pc back when it launched and basically flew over some pretty bland farmlands in the Chicago area lol. The trailers always make me jealous that i didn't get to see the game to its full potential.
The Bahamas with their latest update seems a great spot for lush scenery

Dec 5, 2017
I don't think they will ever allow USB SSD's for next gen games simply because USB transfer speeds aren't quick enough
Just wait for USB 4.
if everything on earth is 97GB, how many gigs am I, as a single human being in this lonely rock in the middle of this vast uncaring universe

The 97GB is just some low detail version that probably reuses ton's of data in different spots. The full data set is multiple petabytes. 1024 terabytes to a petabyte. Hence the streaming.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Oof, with a 1TB monthly cap and other people needing to use the internet, I guess I'll be playing totally offline.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
im installing the game, went to manage game and add-ons and ticked off the offline stuff but it says that the game is still 77,25 gbs. am i doing something wrong?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I just wish we would have any kind of coverage for this version by now.

Currently looking through some ultra setting 4K videos on YouTube and I just can't believe the crystal clear pixel sharp clarity on my 4K TV and how unbelievably detailed the insides and outside of the planes are and I can barely believe that the Series X version next week will look exactly like that. I kinda try to get myself down and be ready for slight disappointments and drawbacks I immediately notice in the first 2 minutes.
I need answers. 😭

Last edited:

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
I just wish we would have any kind of coverage for this version by now.

Currently looking through some ultra setting 4K videos on YouTube and I just can't believe the crystal clear pixel sharp clarity on my 4K TV and how unbelievably detailed the insides and outside of the planea are and I can barely believe that the Series X version next week will look exactly like that. I kinda try to get myself down and be ready for slight disappointments and drawbacks I immediately notice in the first 2 minutes.
I need answers. 😭
I feel a bit the same. Any believe the game pass day one trailer they release for Series X will look like this on my series x. Would love to be wrong though 😅

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Anyone notice the mouse cursor in the upper left hand corner of your screen when booting the Series X version?

Also, I need the soundtrack.

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo, NYC, LA, The Alps.

Come on over to the Pacific Northwest. I'll show you around. 😄

Pretty much set on my first flight attempt. A short jaunt between Vancouver and Victoria BC.

The Bahamas with their latest update seems a great spot for lush scenery

Im taking notes. I want my series x to look like it playing a flight sim trailer while i fly. Flying over my house was the biggest gaming bummer in recent memory.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Oof, with a 1TB monthly cap and other people needing to use the internet, I guess I'll be playing totally offline.
If anyone is close to Augusta, GA and doesn't mind a 45 min drive, my Internet connection is open for anyone that needs to download this game.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I still fully expect ones i open the game i still need to download more ingame haha