• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Matt is senior editor at Windows Central btw

Series X

E67-zBOX0AEbeS1
E67-zBQXoAM3W00
E67-zBQWQAcVomN

Series S

E68FYbJXsAM59hY
E68FZzsXMAUE9_U
E68FeTvXsAI6fk0

Last edited:

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
I really want to get a Series S just to play this and Horizon 5 and I hate digital games. That's how good these exclusives look!

Yokijirou

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could get a Series S/X I really want to play more flight sim but I've been having so many issues in PC that it doesn't seem worth it.

did I remember correctly that they're releasing a better build for PC alongside this release?

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i just want it to maintain a solid 30fps

I wish I could get a Series S/X I really want to play more flight sim but I've been having so many issues in PC that it doesn't seem worth it.

did I remember correctly that they're releasing a better build for PC alongside this release?

Yes, with the Xbox-driven engine optimizations but still on DX11 — plus the new features

I think some optimization they did around LOD has become controversial though with add-on developers

Oct 12, 2020
Just spent an hour watching a live stream of someone playing Flight Sim on Series X. Looks absolutely stunning and smooth. Impressively short load times too. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Looking forward to buzzing around London, seeing if I can spot my work haha.

I am not a huge flight Sim fan, so will probably play it on easy and just relax. I wonder what the numbers will be like for launch.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Series S keeps showing it is an amazing option for this gen and especially for Game Pass.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
I'm curious to find out what PC settings the console ports equate to. If I could have an option to get those Ultra clouds I'd pick it, even at a lower resolution. Got a feeling they are going to be at the High setting max though.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know compatibility for HOTAS or other sticks on the S/X? Was hoping to use my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro on my Series X.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Used to love just flying around taking in the sights in Flight Unlimited back in the day so really looking forward to this as a chilled out game.

VibrantStorm

May 11, 2021
this is incredibly impressive if I can be honest. I dont have a xbox but i do have gamepass so i am gonne try it

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I hope we also get normal videos and not just streams, that quality doesn't do it justice.

So far what I can see it looks pretty good.
His New York flight had quite some pop-in but I don't know how PC handles that and all the menu pictures and the loading screens have some weird slow low res to high res loading, that looks weirdly bad, no idea why this is a thing.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
Guys, im gonna be a party pooper. Do the console versions not get the updated maps that the PC version gets? That shot of London looks bad and miles off real life

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Does this have like an easy free-roam mode where it is less involved / simulatory? I really just want to fly to where I live + places I've been on holiday but not very good at simulators lol

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Does this have like an easy free-roam mode where it is less involved / simulatory? I really just want to fly to where I live + places I've been on holiday but not very good at simulators lol

The whole thing is free roam. That's kinda the point - the whole world is there, you can just go do whatever you want.

It's not so much a game, as a platform.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
How long are flights on this? I'm guessing flying London to Berlin isn't going to take me an hour of real time etc