• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blocking the post?

• Fair - No spoilers!

Votes: 98 15.3%
  • Unfair - She's in it, she can post about it

Votes: 542 84.7%

• Total voters

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
etcanada.com

Florence Pugh Blocked From Posting ‘Hawkeye’ Images On Instagram

Apparently posting spoilers can get you blocked from Instagram. On Wednesday, Florence Pugh claimed on her Instagram Story that she had been blocked from posting about her appearance in the Marvel series "Hawkeye" on her main feed. [readmore label="READ MORE: "...

"I never thought me posting love about a show in which I appear on would get taken down.. but here we are," Pugh wrote. "Someone on here complained so I've been blocked from posting my own appearance on a show that I'm very much in. Beyond ridiculous."

I thought this was hilarious.

Like...you're following an actress, who wants to post about something she's in (and note she posted about it after it came out), and you report her for spoiling you?

Spoiler culture gone mad, or fair?

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's come to my attention she was in the episode that just aired, so I think it's fair game for her to post about it at that point.

Last edited:

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I understand being afraid of spoilers, but at a certain point, if you're following an actor for updates on their life, you're gonna have to accept that sometimes she'll post about things she's appearing in.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
lmao that's hilarious

Looking forward to catching her on Hawkeye.

e: the ban is inappropriate. Grow up, spoiler babies.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler culture is so stupid. Especially considering you literally knew she would be in the show....

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering how long it'll be before someone is mad that even this thread title gives it away, since one could put 2 and 2 together, lol

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I think it's fair game but I also think that you're sort of undermining the huge group effort that goes into keeping it a secret. I don't care at all for the angle of "fans feel they got spoiled" but I do care for all the creative staff who worked hard to create a special situation like this and want to get it to play out according to their collective creative visions- having one staffer who doesn't have to play by the rules is unfair to them IMO.

EDIT: I have been made aware that the content is already out so yeah I think it's okay.

Last edited:

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
If you saw the previous thing she was in, then it's no bigger a spoiler than the Titanic sinking.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fair game but I also think that you're sort of undermining the huge group effort that goes into keeping it a secret. I don't care at all for the angle of "fans feel they got spoiled" but I do care for all the creative staff who worked hard to create a special situation like this and want to get it to play out according to their collective creative visions- having one staffer who doesn't have to play by the rules is unfair to them IMO.

The content was already out.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Thread title should be updated to say she is in Hawkeye. How is this even a secret lol, it was set up in Black Widow, and she was announced as part of the cast like a year ago or whatever.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
lol what. if you think it's fair, spoiler culture has truly gone off the deep end (as if it hadn't already)
I was under the impression she wasn't in the show yet. Now I'm under the impression she was in episode 4 which I haven't seen yet. But now I've been spoiled myself lol

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who actually cares about Florence Pugh and the material that this is based on... its not even remotely a spoiler that she showed up at all. It was an inevitability

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Thread title should be updated to say she is in Hawkeye. How is this even a secret lol, it was set up in Black Widow, and she was announced as part of the cast like a year ago or whatever.
Not all of us follow casting choices. There was no information about her being in Hawkeye in any promotional material. It's a complete surprise to me this morning thanks to this thread lol

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people are going to complain about the thread title because of spoilers and I think that pretty much sums up the silliness of spoiler culture

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Black Widow literally ends with the teaser that she is going to appear on the show. I remember finishing Black Widow and thinking "I have no interest in a hawkeye show but I liked Yelena, I guess I'll wait to find out how much of the show she is in before deciding to watch it or not".

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
Literally rolled my eyes at this. Spoiler culture is so annoying and specifically Marvel spoiler culture is even worse.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
"I am so proud of this publicly available scene I made that I'm going to post my reaction to it"

"FUCK YOU FOR SPOILING ME"

Come on.

Her reaction was adorable with her cheering on Hailee lol

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When she says blocked is it Instagram that did something? Marvel? Or just more informally fan pressure?

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
She was on the obtained cast list for the show back this time last year that trades reported on. Spoiler culture is weird.