Blocking the post?

• Fair - No spoilers!

Votes: 98 15.3%
  • Unfair - She's in it, she can post about it

Votes: 542 84.7%

• Total voters

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
Well, as long as she is not violating any contractual company obligations, then I don't see any problems.

Also, doesn't Facebook have more pressing issue to deal with??

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
i think this is the appropriate thread to say that i hate this "spoiler" bullshit and i would spoiler people on purpose here on era if it wouldn't get me banned instantly lol

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Black Widow literally ends with the teaser that she is going to appear on the show. I remember finishing Black Widow and thinking "I have no interest in a hawkeye show but I liked Yelena, I guess I'll wait to find out how much of the show she is in before deciding to watch it or not".
Not at all. I honestly didn't think she'd be in the TV series at all. The movie ends with her getting her new target, but not at all when that would transpire.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
if i'm undestanding this properly, instagram took this down? why would they give a single shit about spoilers, especially from someone that's literally in the thing?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not at all. I honestly didn't think she'd be in the TV series at all. The movie ends with her getting her new target, but not at all when that would transpire.
Lol the movie ends with her being given details about who killed her sister.

Then Hawkeye gets a TV.

Then it's announced she's in the show.

HMMMMMMMMM

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
Seems a bit "Let me look up what this actress is doing, why is she telling me what she's been doing" to me.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Lol the movie ends with her being given details about who killed her sister.

Then Hawkeye gets a TV.

Then it's announced she's in the show.

HMMMMMMMMM
I never ever saw she was announced to be in the show. It's not like she's in any promotions for it. Where would I have seen that?

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Also, it doesn't matter if she was IMPLIED to be in the show. The show released. It's not a spoiler any more! It's a recap!

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all. Where was she in the trailers for Hawkeye?

This is the equivalent of finishing Ironman 2, seeing thor's hammer in the post credits scene, and then being mad that someone spoiled you they were making a thor movie before the trailer.
The post credits stinger of black widow is literally a statement that Yelena is going to go after hawkeye, and the next show was already said to be hawkeye. Its a statement that she will be on it.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
why would you follow MCU people on Instagram and not expect to hear about MCU stuff they've done?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I never ever saw she was announced to be in the show. It's not like she's in any promotions for it. Where would I have seen that?
She was announced long before Black Widow even released. Here's an article from just over a year ago.

variety.com

‘Hawkeye’ Series at Disney Plus Adds Six to Cast, Including Vera Farmiga and Tony Dalton (EXCLUSIVE)

The "Hawkeye" series at Disney Plus has cast a number of roles, including Vera Farmiga, Tony Dalton and Florence Pugh, Variety has learned.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Once it's aired it's definitely fair game. She was known to be in the show for awhile as well. If there were any actual spoilers though (i.e. unaired stuff), that would be kinda crummy.

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's fair. There's no reason she can't wait 12 hours from the release before posting. Some of us have work and can't see things that release at 8am.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
She was announced long before Black Widow even released. Here's an article from just over a year ago.

variety.com

‘Hawkeye’ Series at Disney Plus Adds Six to Cast, Including Vera Farmiga and Tony Dalton (EXCLUSIVE)

The "Hawkeye" series at Disney Plus has cast a number of roles, including Vera Farmiga, Tony Dalton and Florence Pugh, Variety has learned.
Wow ok. I wonder why she wasn't in any of the posters or trailers and stuff. They were trying to hide her some what.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Reporting the actor who's posting about her gig that just aired is stupid. Being blocked from posting because of it is stupid. But also nebulously complaining about "spoiler culture" over one guy is also stupid.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Going to follow this Marvel Actress on Instagram because I love Marvel, but so help me GOD if she posts about marvel I will lose it.

scotchka

Dec 6, 2017
I'm not a fan of spoilers but that's why i don't follow the actors on social media. For this very reason! Also, don't go on social media when a big popular thing has aired that you haven't had time to watch.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
lol if you dont want to be spoilered on shit dont follow people directly involved in the stuff you're not trying to get spoilered by. people like sharing all sorts of stuff. things theyre working on, things they're doing and what the have. this is no different.

twopenny

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the first piece of spoiler-related legislature to appear while our planet burns itself out

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
This is a side tangent to the spoiler talk, but genuinely I think the level media literacy that many people have is quite a shame, and I don't know what can be done about that.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I mean, I'd say give it a day at least. Yes its out but not everyones sitting at their tv watching the show the second it releases on disney+.

I was spoiled by youtube thumbnails literally in the morning as i was drinking my coffee getting ready for the day and was pretty fucking annoyed. Well not too annoyed because hawkeye is a pretty shitty show so far, but still annoyed that nowadays you dont even get two seconds to watch a show before things are considered fair game for spoilers.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely dumb. The episode is out, it is no spoiler. If you are watching later fair but then don't go in social media, spoiler babies.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like streaming spoiler culture is different. Normal network TV shows will blast out that someone cool appeared right after airing.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Let's remove movies from theaters! they are spoiling everything in that movie publicly!!!!
this cannot stand

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
As someone who hates spoilers and avoid all that media....she isn't in the wrong.

First of all, the episode aired yesterday.
Second, you have to follow her to know the fact she is in there.

So this would he considered the "Karen of spoilers" who reported her. I dont think anyone on Era is that level yet. So please don't go putting us in the same group.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
I wonder what contract type of contract she has? She's getting good roles and can do better than MCU but I guess she's getting paid decently. I was kinda surprised too since I expected her in the last episode only.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought this was a joke thread, but then the OP didn't end with a punchline....

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
it fucking sucks when you can't post on social media about work you're proud of because even though it's already out and public info, it's considered a "spoiler"

Oct 27, 2017
Some of y'all funny.
Black Widow literally ends with Yelena being told Hawkeye killed Nat and is her next target. Hawkeye is premiering a few months later. Somehow that didn't add up to her showing up on the show?

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I did watch it as I do all marvel stuff. I seriously had no idea she was in the show until this thread.
So knowing Hawkeye would not have his own movie, and no Avengers team up movie on the radar for phase 4, did you really think we would wait 5+ years before that credit scene was paid off?

I'm not following your logic here.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i feel as if someone needs to do a documentary on the history of spoilerphobes. i feel as if the teenagers spoiling harry potter at book stores back in the day didn't realize what that would lead to.